TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TORA Rogue Motorsport Cup - General Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORA Rogue Motorsport Cup - General Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TORA Rogue Motorsport Cup - General Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA Rogue Motorsport Cup - General Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA Rogue Motorsport Cup - General Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA Rogue Motorsport Cup - General Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA Rogue Motorsport Cup - General Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA Rogue Motorsport Cup - General Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA Rogue Motorsport Cup - General Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA Rogue Motorsport Cup - General Discussion Thread

+38
BG Wingnut396
RW26 BLAZE
JOSHSIGGY
LloydTheAndroid
Speed Dem0n 64
CQR CHRiS
TSR Eyles
Morne in Glory
ll Taku ll
xICEMANx41
SFM Benedict
AdamWatson99
I Ray P Dave I
ATP Wheelwash
CQR NEON
Turbo Power 77
LMR Hybrid
TLR Scrublord
F4H Button
MaynardMK4
CQR Rich
CQR Aero
connor7195
SVR Solar
Rustyducktape
HoBo x
HCR Super T
Matt
Oddball7000
Diablo 29x
David Hurt
exp1osive sam
GoldieTypeR
Standaman94
neilracing07
KZX Spider
jonnotheone
ATR DAN
42 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

TORA Rogue Motorsport Cup - General Discussion Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: TORA Rogue Motorsport Cup - General Discussion Thread

Post by SVR Solar Tue 6 Jan 2015 - 16:33

cause i get FM5 Thursday but!! i wont be back online till Friday/Saturday so i may struggle to get them was just precaution just incase Smile
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

TORA Race Number : 202
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2014-07-18

Back to top Go down

TORA Rogue Motorsport Cup - General Discussion Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: TORA Rogue Motorsport Cup - General Discussion Thread

Post by connor7195 Tue 6 Jan 2015 - 17:24

I got the numberboards fine but some other vinyls it wont let me download
connor7195
connor7195

TORA Race Number : 390
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 902
Registration date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Wed 7 Jan 2015 - 2:54

What's the steward's view on track limits on the outside of the corner coming onto the hangar straight? Are you allowed to run wide through the cones?
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

TORA Race Number : 80
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6084
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.chrissiddallmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rustyducktape Wed 7 Jan 2015 - 4:43

CQR Aero wrote:What's the steward's view on track limits on the outside of the corner coming onto the hangar straight?  Are you allowed to run wide through the cones?

I've been thing about this for a bit now. I've been running the track with the cones basically being a wall. As per the rules/regulations I'm assuming the cones are a "boundary line of the track" that we have to stay within?
Rustyducktape
Rustyducktape

Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2015-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Wed 7 Jan 2015 - 7:01

Rustyducktape wrote:
CQR Aero wrote:What's the steward's view on track limits on the outside of the corner coming onto the hangar straight?  Are you allowed to run wide through the cones?

I've been thing about this for a bit now. I've been running the track with the cones basically being a wall. As per the rules/regulations I'm assuming the cones are a "boundary line of the track" that we have to stay within?

Potentially I agree, but if someone genuinely runs wide and takes them all out, how do you know where that limit is any more? Possibly better to just say "no, just go for it" and everyone be on a level playing field in my opinion.
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by exp1osive sam Wed 7 Jan 2015 - 8:34

CQR Aero wrote:
Rustyducktape wrote:

Potentially I agree, but if someone genuinely runs wide and takes them all out, how do you know where that limit is any more?  Possibly better to just say "no, just go for it" and everyone be on a level playing field in my opinion.
Yeah, because it doesn't invalidate the lap so should be alright
exp1osive sam
exp1osive sam

TORA Race Number : 92
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2012-06-22

http://raceart.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by ATR DAN Wed 7 Jan 2015 - 8:38

I would imagine that in this situation, normal racing rules woud apply. So if two wheels go beyond the line of the cones, then that's ok (as demonstrated with my onboard lap below). But all four wheels over would be prohibited.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGFdWGxRI1g
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

TORA Race Number : 7
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4872
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by jonnotheone Wed 7 Jan 2015 - 10:54

Finally got the number boards lol..
jonnotheone
jonnotheone

TORA Race Number : 66
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1151
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Wed 7 Jan 2015 - 11:50

ATR DAN wrote:I would imagine that in this situation, normal racing rules woud apply. So if two wheels go beyond the line of the cones, then that's ok (as demonstrated with my onboard lap below). But all four wheels over would be prohibited.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGFdWGxRI1g

As I said though, how do you police it once the cones get knocked over? I think they're more there to indicate that you should turn (because it's an alternate layout) rather than a track limit, and as previously mentioned, running wider doesn't invalidate the lap. Just want to be sure we're all working to the same standards. As with the race differential issue, the simplest fix would be to allow everyone to use it (the track beyond the cones in this case).
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Wed 7 Jan 2015 - 12:57

I think we would expect drivers to do their utmost to work within the general track limits as prescribed by the cones.
In reality they aren't there on many meetings that use the circuit so IF the cones are removed by accident then ok, a bit of extra track use may creep in. It's one of those things that once one guy does it, they all will so any 'advantage' gets negated.
So yes, in this case, use it.
Matt
Matt

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14648
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by neilracing07 Wed 7 Jan 2015 - 14:36

built an mr2 and enjoy driving that more than the GT. scratch scratch
neilracing07
neilracing07

TORA Race Number : 599
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2013-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by ATR DAN Wed 7 Jan 2015 - 16:01

Having had some time to think on this subject, I would have to agree with Matt. We can't literally watch every competitor & expect them to stick to track limits when 1 driver starts a chain. Eventually, every driver will try to follow the line to gain the same equal advantage.
Plus you're right. There's no indicator as to where the track limits are, as you can run out wide beyond the cones and the laptimes don't get affected.

So on that basis, on the right hander (Chapel) just before the Hangar Straight, we're fine for everyone to use that part of the circuit (beyond the cones)

neilracing07 wrote:built an mr2 and enjoy driving that more than the GT. scratch scratch

The GT86 is quite challenging to drive. There's no denying that. Over time, you will get used to it hopefully. Even when I created this series late last year, it had taken me a while to eventually dial it in. If not, there'always the assurance of being able to use TCS. Wink
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by neilracing07 Wed 7 Jan 2015 - 17:06

ATR DAN wrote:Having had some time to think on this subject, I would have to agree with Matt. We can't literally watch every competitor & expect them to stick to track limits when 1 driver starts a chain. Eventually, every driver will try to follow the line to gain the same equal advantage.
Plus you're right. There's no indicator as to where the track limits are, as you can run out wide beyond the cones and the laptimes don't get affected.

So on that basis, on the right hander (Chapel) just before the Hangar Straight, we're fine for everyone to use that part of the circuit (beyond the cones)

neilracing07 wrote:built an mr2 and enjoy driving that more than the GT. scratch scratch

The GT86 is quite challenging to drive. There's no denying that. Over time, you will get used to it hopefully. Even when I created this series late last year, it had taken me a while to eventually dial it in. If not, there'always the assurance of being able to use TCS. Wink

no tcs Twisted Evil
neilracing07
neilracing07

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by neilracing07 Wed 7 Jan 2015 - 17:06

tx 458 has packed up and shuts down after start up...deeeeeep jo...Anybody no why
neilracing07
neilracing07

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Thu 8 Jan 2015 - 1:03

Thanks for the clarification gents. Smile
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by neilracing07 Thu 8 Jan 2015 - 1:59

watched your lap on you tube in the GT86, suspension is so0 smooth and fluid. I'm getting there now but how are you getting such nice rear traction, it looks like its floating over the bumps and no spin up. Im losing rear grip but not shore if im using all my spring travel and bottoming out or rebound is too high/low and tyre is then breaking away. Give me forza 4 telemetry anyday...Anyway, great lap and obviously a great tuner.
neilracing07
neilracing07

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rich Thu 8 Jan 2015 - 15:21

Just a quick question, it states the damage will be on limited.  As this doesn't exist on FM5, will it be on cosmetic or simulation???

Smokey

CQR Rich

TORA Race Number : 979
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2012-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by ATR DAN Thu 8 Jan 2015 - 15:34

Well spotted.
The damage will be set to Simulation instead. Luckily in this championship, if you sustain too much damage, you are allowed to pit to repair any battle scars. Thank goodness for repairable aero. Smile

I'll alter the rules now to accommodate this. Thanks for bringing this up Wink
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rich Thu 8 Jan 2015 - 15:47

No problem, cheers for clarifying

CQR Rich

TORA Race Number : 979
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2012-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by neilracing07 Fri 9 Jan 2015 - 19:16

is it 8pm tonight?
neilracing07
neilracing07

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by ATR DAN Fri 9 Jan 2015 - 19:19

Correct. Just over 40 minutes from now Smile
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by neilracing07 Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 13:07

Why has forza not created a adjustable TCS that you can dial how much spin you need to complete a turn but not to hinder. It exists in the real world and I remember gran turismo having it on the ps2. scratch
neilracing07
neilracing07

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Diablo 29x Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 13:56

neilracing07 wrote:Why has forza not created a adjustable TCS that you can dial how much spin you need to complete a turn but not to hinder. It exists in the real world and I remember gran turismo having it on the ps2. scratch

Because that would make sense.

Diablo 29x

TORA Race Number : 29
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3628
Registration date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by exp1osive sam Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 18:05

I've never done one of these events where we qualify on the night, somhow does qualifying work? Do we just get assigned a lobby to qualify in then get sorted into our appropriate lobbies afterwards?
exp1osive sam
exp1osive sam

TORA Race Number : 92
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2012-06-22

http://raceart.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by ATR DAN Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 18:41

Exactly right Sam. We'll do the qualifying session first & then we'll proceed onto the races depending on which lobby you've qualified for. Smile
So we'll be creating the lobbies in exactly one hour so we really ideally need everyone to be online by then if at all possible.
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next