TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TORA TEC Le Mans 24H - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORA TEC Le Mans 24H - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TORA TEC Le Mans 24H - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA TEC Le Mans 24H - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA TEC Le Mans 24H - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA TEC Le Mans 24H - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA TEC Le Mans 24H - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA TEC Le Mans 24H - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA TEC Le Mans 24H - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA TEC Le Mans 24H - General Discussion

+46
Zeta0085
BHAFC Scorpion
QuantumL0gic
Blacky Mojo
DonatedSatyr227
HCR Super T
ART Carrera
galeforce97
HCR MeRiCA
some evil dude
Dragonsyoung
BigBen13x
PROD DTechR
FreshCubanBread
Richy59
Radiation Louis
theboomeranga
Fazed Intro
Jan Filip S
NSA Roca
LZR Harmonic
Ax4x Mikey J
MID LAND ZETA
PTG Chungus
HCR Motorhead
Speed Dem0n 64
LMP Phantom
andiosterfeld
HCR Hamish
Joito04
Warspite 1996
HCR Bellmond
JAMIE ANDERS0N
Matt
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
CRA XenoMorph
desertrainfrog
ShrinkingSteven
Dabeljutif
xVampirAx
HCR Carlson
SGR Amber
SVR Solar
WR Watcher
xebot360
TJSteel
50 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

TORA TEC Le Mans 24H - General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: TORA TEC Le Mans 24H - General Discussion

Post by LZR Harmonic Fri 3 Jun 2016 - 23:38

LMP Phantom wrote:
HCR TJSteel wrote:
LMR Harmonic wrote:The Huracan is too fast to be included here. Even at 10% it outdoes the next fastest GT car by 10+ MPH on the straights. If anyone is in it, they should be offered a car change without losing the points awarded for staying in the same car. Then again, if the points are only awarded for a whole season in the same car, that won't matter, and switching won't be an issue.

No-one gets points for staying in the same car, that's never been in the rules so switching isn't an issue

My findings with all the current builds and a build i did to try balance the huracan - Huracan, not the fastest

TORA TEC Le Mans 24H - General Discussion - Page 5 Screen11

This doesn't even make sense. I tried that build on the Huracan and ran 3:56s all day, not to mention the Z4 is OP as well... Some of the other cars don't even break 4 minutes every lap. Your top speeds are completely off of what I've found, as well. You need to take all the aero off and THEN test them, or else the test is irrelevant. Any car that's competitive will have most, if not all, of its aero removed, LMP1 included.

xebot360 wrote:
HCR Motorhead wrote:Harmonic had them pretty much sorted ages ago... ^^

Why didn't he post the builds up then. The most I was aware he had done was a rough guideline for restrictions

I did post builds up... I had the LMP builds done nearly a month ago, but my suggestions got ignored, and the wrong ones got posted anyway. They didn't get fixed until TJ acknowledged the oversight. My GT suggestions went ignored as well, but it's not my class, so I'll let the others handle it if they so choose.

I've pretty much done 3/4 of the balancing for TEC this year, so if you'd like to think that I haven't been doing my share, I'll sit back for the rest of the calendar and see how it plays out.
LZR Harmonic
LZR Harmonic

TORA Race Number : 273
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 1119
Registration date : 2013-02-10

Back to top Go down

TORA TEC Le Mans 24H - General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: TORA TEC Le Mans 24H - General Discussion

Post by HCR Bellmond Sat 4 Jun 2016 - 0:21

+1
HCR Bellmond
HCR Bellmond

TORA Race Number : 35
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1984
Registration date : 2012-08-02

http://happycatracing.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by LZR Harmonic Sat 4 Jun 2016 - 0:53

NSA Roca wrote:I still believe it should be simulation. There are plenty of cars to pick, just don't pick the one with bad mileage. So what if you have to pit X amount of times a stint. That stuff doesn't bother me. What annoys me is a car can now hit a wall at 170 mph and there fine. Not okay with that.  I understand turn 10 screwed us with the mileage but I don't think that is a good enough reason to not run simulation. But hey I respect your opinions and obviously I am not in the position to make changes, so let's just have a good race I gues.

If you have a better solution and/or you're willing to balance every single LMP car based on pace AND fuel mileage before qualifying this Sunday, then we'll go with it. If not, it stays on cosmetic damage.
LZR Harmonic
LZR Harmonic

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by NSA Roca Sat 4 Jun 2016 - 1:45

Not my job Harmonic, the testing tuning and building should of been done for every track before the season started so people dont complain it takes to long to get builds up. Also i believe we should be doing a stint or two in the rain. Yes we may have to do 2 mandatory pits for each stint but that is nothing. There is no strategy to this race and i have a good feeling it will feel like hot lapping the entire time. I truly hope i am wrong as i love this track but you all know simulation damage adds strategy. I have hit every curb(twinky) today to see what it would do to my car and a few other cars in each class and i didn't role once. (Just saying). I cant do better. My tunes are awful but i do believe as a community we can do better not just to benefit ourselves because we all want to run the fastest car and that car has bad mileage. We need to make it better for everyone and changing rules mid season for whatever reason isn't acceptable. I apologize about my rant i normally dont do this and this is all strictly opinion.
NSA Roca
NSA Roca

Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2013-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by LZR Harmonic Sat 4 Jun 2016 - 2:15

You're a relative newcomer here, so you must not remember the procedure on Forza 4... Some cars could go an ENTIRE stint without pitting, so only ONE stop was enforced. There's no issue with forcing two now, especially when running simulation damage makes it nearly impossible to enforce close to a double digit number of stops PER STINT. There's no way to monitor every car for that, and even if the game saved replays past the 30-40 minute window it does now, requiring the staff to check that EACH car in EACH replay in EACH lobby made EACH required stop would cost so much time that we'd be running the next event by the time the results finally came in.

NSA Roca wrote:We need to make it better for everyone and changing rules mid season for whatever reason isn't acceptable.

What if the rule change is making it better for everyone? Because that's the EXACT reason it was done. I'm not even a staff member and I agree with it, as do many others. Your point is moot.

NSA Roca wrote:Not my job Harmonic

Then accept the fact that cosmetic damage is the best solution with what we're given, or simply race elsewhere. If you're going to rant and complain, offer a better way to do things. If you don't have a better alternative, keep your opinions to yourself, or again, race elsewhere.
LZR Harmonic
LZR Harmonic

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by NSA Roca Sat 4 Jun 2016 - 2:23

I'm not going to fight on a forum. I was stating my opinion. And do not tell me to keep it to myself. You expressed yours I have every right to express mine. Have a problem with my opinion ban me. See you on the track.
NSA Roca
NSA Roca

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by LZR Harmonic Sat 4 Jun 2016 - 2:28

NSA Roca wrote:I'm not going to fight on a forum. I was stating my opinion. And do not tell me to keep it to myself. You expressed yours I have every right to express mine.

I'm not expressing opinions; I'm stating facts. You're ADMITTEDLY ranting about something with no intent to help improve it. It looks like you're learning from a certain teammate of yours...

Also, I don't like to argue with people who don't listen...

LMR Harmonic wrote:I'm not even a staff member
NSA Roca wrote:Have a problem with my opinion ban me.

*Slow clap*
LZR Harmonic
LZR Harmonic

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Sat 4 Jun 2016 - 2:30

Opinions are Opinions think this rant getting a tiny bit out of hand, Knock on the head and just Offer solutions for the next Endurance after Le mans, only suggestion i have.
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

TORA Race Number : 202
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2014-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by NSA Roca Sat 4 Jun 2016 - 2:33

All I'm going to say this. I do not talk to my teammate Roscoe everyday. He is much different from I. I apologize I'm having a crap day and should not be taking my anger out on you. Maybe next season I can sit down with y'all and offer better suggestions and we can work as a team and not bicker at one another. And I don't learn from him. I'm just from jersey and we all know jersey kids yell, are never wrong, and were hated by everyone.
NSA Roca
NSA Roca

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSCOEpCOTRAIN Sat 4 Jun 2016 - 5:04

It looks like you're learning from a certain teammate of yours...
.... A. he has better grammar
... B. the only way to get the hurricane in is a 15% bucket
..C. everyone knows you balanced the cars...for the most part
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

TORA Race Number : 33
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1447
Registration date : 2012-11-17

http://neinshiza.net84.net  neinshiza.the-talk.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ShrinkingSteven Sat 4 Jun 2016 - 14:21

With 2 hours to balance these cars (GTE class) and no actual experience in it what do you expect?

Xebot and myself both have exams coming up and not being funny its more important.
Me personally it reflects directly towards my university application in September,so im not taking it half heatedly.
Not to mention I am trying to work 40/50hours a week to at least try to pay for it.

So spending more than 2 hours on this was something I personally wasn't going to do.
I actually do apologies that its sh-it, I know it is.

Harmonic has done a sterling job in being the BoP professor which is reflected in the LMP builds and previous events so for that thank you.

I'm sure it will be a great race whatever happens because if the builds were really that crap in GT class everyone would go LMP?

Again I am sorry, I have taken a back seat the last 6 months and yes I have let you all down with this. That is due to education and work outside of TORA.

ShrinkingSteven
ShrinkingSteven

TORA Race Number : 8
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2012-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by ShrinkingSteven Sat 4 Jun 2016 - 14:44

ShrinkingSteven wrote:^Okay so many things i have gotta do tomorrow lunchtime when im home.

Sort out quali thread. (Sorted)
Day/night stints. (Sorted)
Probably a million other things. (Never)

And revise for my exams......(Trying)
ShrinkingSteven
ShrinkingSteven

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by andiosterfeld Sat 4 Jun 2016 - 17:04

Just my opinion, but i think there should be a specific stint that can be turned into a rain stint if the 70% requirement is fullfilled. If it's a random stint, how can we know it's completely random and not chosen to suit one of your teams.

I dont want to accuse you in any way, but i think it's better for all of us to dont have a reason for a discussion like that.

(English is not my mother tongue, so maybe i wrote something in a way i dont meant it.)
andiosterfeld
andiosterfeld

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2015-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Sat 4 Jun 2016 - 17:32

i say theres a Vote put up for it. but thats my Opinion.
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

TORA Race Number : 202
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2014-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by xVampirAx Sat 4 Jun 2016 - 18:23

enough is enough ok,i pointed out people complained about the BOP but clearly this isnt good enough and what is good enough.people take time out of their day to make sure the cars are at least competitive but no this isnt good enough for you,so again what is good enough.if you peoples keep going like this then i might not even race if people are going to keep complaining.
xVampirAx
xVampirAx

TORA Race Number : 222
Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2012-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Sat 4 Jun 2016 - 18:27

andiosterfeld wrote:Just my opinion, but i think there should be a specific stint that can be turned into a rain stint if the 70% requirement is fullfilled. If it's a random stint, how can we know it's completely random and not chosen to suit one of your teams.

I dont want to accuse you in any way, but i think it's better for all of us to dont have a reason for a discussion like that.

(English is not my mother tongue, so maybe i wrote something in a way i dont meant it.)

I'm thinking that all rain does is take away safe passing opportunity for LMP cars... and some of us GT drivers have a hard enough time getting out of the way in the dry. For this reason, I have been against rain stints.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by ShrinkingSteven Sat 4 Jun 2016 - 18:38

We dont even have to have any rain at all, I mean I added it in because its in the game. But if people want a dry race im all cool for that the Vette is a dog in the wet, but wet racing is interesting.
ShrinkingSteven
ShrinkingSteven

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Jan Filip S Sat 4 Jun 2016 - 20:45

I have noticed Le Mans GTE cars builds are quite different from previous races. Are they built especially for Le Mans track or this is the latest equalizing standards to GTE we have on game? I wanted to use TORA build in private racing group on various track but those changes make me confused
Jan Filip S
Jan Filip S

Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 646
Registration date : 2016-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by SGR Amber Sun 5 Jun 2016 - 7:47

I'm all for rain stints. Like a challenge, plus if we base it around the actual weather (checking that forecast website 30 mins before stint) so if it's above 70% chance they can announce that it will be a rain stint. Of course people already racing and doing double stints may not hear this, so perhaps the info will be passed around through lobby parties. It adds an extra element of realism to the series.
SGR Amber
SGR Amber

TORA Race Number : 100
PC Playstation 4

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2014-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by ShrinkingSteven Sun 5 Jun 2016 - 8:49

TSR Noodle wrote:I'm all for rain stints. Like a challenge, plus if we base it around the actual weather (checking that forecast website 30 mins before stint) so if it's above 70% chance they can announce that it will be a rain stint. Of course people already racing and doing double stints may not hear this, so perhaps the info will be passed around through lobby parties. It adds an extra element of realism to the series.

i was going to announce the weather on thursday. if it improves by race day id still use what it said thurdsay.
ShrinkingSteven
ShrinkingSteven

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by SGR Amber Sun 5 Jun 2016 - 9:01

Yeah sounds like a simpler Idea, still get a good forecast anyway Smile
SGR Amber
SGR Amber

PC Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by ShrinkingSteven Sun 5 Jun 2016 - 9:05

TSR Noodle wrote:Yeah sounds like a simpler Idea, still get a good forecast anyway Smile

Thats what I'd already said in my original post! Very Happy
ShrinkingSteven
ShrinkingSteven

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by SGR Amber Sun 5 Jun 2016 - 9:09

XD I read it at 6am and I'm still half asleep now!
SGR Amber
SGR Amber

PC Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Fazed Intro Sun 5 Jun 2016 - 9:57

Reckon I'd be allowed to ironman Le Mans? Wanted to do a 24Hr Macmillan Cancer Support stream... Doubt I'd be allowed, worth a shot thought right?
Fazed Intro
Fazed Intro

TORA Race Number : 995
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2013-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by xebot360 Sun 5 Jun 2016 - 10:08

*Builds Updated*

BMW, Porsche and Mclaren builds have changed

xebot360

TORA Race Number : 50
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 837
Registration date : 2014-03-10

https://facebook.com/FMRMotorsport

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next