TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
SBR Silverline Chevrolet EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
SBR Silverline Chevrolet EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
SBR Silverline Chevrolet EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
SBR Silverline Chevrolet EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
SBR Silverline Chevrolet EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
SBR Silverline Chevrolet EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
SBR Silverline Chevrolet EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
SBR Silverline Chevrolet EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
SBR Silverline Chevrolet EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

SBR Silverline Chevrolet

+11
adam20692
PLOW tubbi
ONR Baby Jet 3
HeatPhalanx
lfcnicklfc
HCR generaltso
CQR The Butcher
Ax4x Chaddy
nickyf1
Richy59
Slider S15
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

SBR Silverline Chevrolet Empty SBR Silverline Chevrolet

Post by Slider S15 Fri 15 May 2009 - 12:55

The SBR Boys are back in the tin top action for our first full season in the TTCC.

Some things are new and some things are same as always here at SBR.

Firstly there is the driver lineup which remains unchanged from last Season with Young Gun and Team Manager Slider S15 as the lead driver and SBR Boss Sam Billing1991 in as the second. As with before there will be no third driver in SBR as we find this both awkward and demoralising for the non-scoring driver.

Next up we have the news of our new sponsor Silverline Tools. This topline sponsor will be with us for the season with their logos making up the majority of this years SBR livery aswell as giving us our full name of SBR Silverline.

Also new this year is the Rule changes. This means new cars for everybody (something SBR are glad about as its a chance to rid ourselves of the Demoralisingly uncompetitive Honda Civic Type R 07.) Plans for new cars are being kept secret currently but all we can reveal is that for the first time SBR will run two different cars from different manufacturers.

Slider has secured himself a technical partnership deal with a top running manufacturer team giving him a factory backed car and regular chassis and tuning updates throughout the season as well as setup information. However at a recent testing session with the factory team and SBR, Sam Billing1991 also tried the factory car and was vastly dissatisfied and generally not gelling with the car at all. Failing to find a compromise in the Setup Sam will not be part of the Technical partnership and will instead be fielding a different car built and tuned by SBR. Extensive testing is currently underway to find an ideal replacement car with a very short list now compiled and two cars now trying to be decided between.

More News will be coming in the coming weeks with details of cars and livery expected to be revealed very soon....

The SBR Boys are back!!

Last edited by Slider S15 on Thu 3 Sep 2009 - 13:37; edited 1 time in total
Slider S15
Slider S15

TORA Race Number : 219
Number of posts : 3711
Registration date : 2009-01-24

https://www.facebook.com/SlidersStorefront

Back to top Go down

SBR Silverline Chevrolet Empty Re: SBR Silverline Chevrolet

Post by Slider S15 Sun 14 Jun 2009 - 16:30

News...

Car selection has been and gone and gone exactly to plan for the SBR boys successfully gaining the services of two Chevrolett Cobalt SS' for the new season.

Testing has gone very well with the cars seemingly on pace and still a leap in tuning predicted between now and round 1 the SBR Boys are feeling confident.

A last minuet change sees Sam join Slider in a Chevrolet after initially leaning towards a different GM product.

Annother thing which the SBR boys are pleased about is a technical partnership with Team RAC. They will help on occasion where the SBR experties might be lacking dependant on the progression of their own championship and car development.

All in All SBR are very pleased with their current position in the TTCC with big hopes held for round one. Now only Problems with the TORA image Hosting service are holding back the revelation of the new car and its livery.
Slider S15
Slider S15

Back to top Go down

Post by Slider S15 Tue 23 Jun 2009 - 15:22

The SBR Chevrolet Cobalt SS TTCC '09 will make its official debut tonight at the TORA Media day in the hands of Slider S15. However we figured it was only fair that we showed it to our supporters first! So here it is...

219 Slider S15's SBR Chevrolet Cobalt SS TTCC '09.....

Side:
SBR Racing Silverline Chevrolet Cobalt SS TORA TTCC '09

Front:
SBR Chevrolet Front

Roof:
SBR Chevrolet Roof

Rear:
SBR Chevrolet rear

(The 220 car of Sam Billing1991 will differ slightly to this and will be revealed shortly..)

Let us know what you think of the new livery Very Happy

All CONSTRUCTIVE Comments are welcome Very Happy
Slider S15
Slider S15

Back to top Go down

Post by Slider S15 Tue 28 Jul 2009 - 20:00

QUICK UPDATE....

In celebration of TORA's 100th EVER event Slider S15 will debut the new SBR paintwork Tonight.

Im much happier with this design as it is much cleaner.

I know tonight will be a survival run, the Car is fast but its gonna be tight!
Slider S15
Slider S15

Back to top Go down

Post by Slider S15 Mon 3 Aug 2009 - 13:44

Just thought i'd post up some pictures From Lobby B of the TORA 100th.

Three wide Running three wide down the back straight...

Still 3 Wide ...As we did down the whole back Straight Razz

Still Side By side Still side by side...

Running Close It was All Very Close...

Glowing Breaks Glowing Brakes show How Hard everyones pushing...

Happy 100th TORA and Thanks to Everyone for making It fun Smile
Slider S15
Slider S15

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Mon 3 Aug 2009 - 13:45

New paintjob is class btw, I like it Very Happy

SBR Silverline Chevrolet C7LquN0
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Slider S15 Tue 25 Aug 2009 - 16:53

New Toys for the Boys:

A quicks update on how things are going here at SBR.

Firstly a quick look at sebring which was a mixed day for the SBR boys. Race one saw Sam Billing1991 storm to lobby victory, A first for SBR and the first Victory for the SBR Silverline Chevrolet Cobalt. (with Slider's victory on media day dismissed by all) not to be out done in Race one Slider finished Right on the back bumper of Sam wishing the stright just a bit longer to hand the victory to him.

Race two saw the luck turn for Sam with an early collision putting him to the back from pole. Slider however managed to stick with the front runners to take third.

Race three and it was more of the same for Sam being taken off twice by the same person, and Slider resigned to dodger narrowly missing being taken out by both accidents. Slider again managed a top three boosting his championship chances.

And so to tonights race and the boys new toys.

Sam Will tonight be running a special gold based paintjob in celebration of the First ever lobby win for himself, The Team and the SBR Silverline Chevrolet.

Slider will tonight be running a Newly built car to help try and boost his chances further. we asked slider about this rebuild and this is what he had to say about it, "My race car was the origional test mule car for the whole team and was starting to feel it. the miles were pileing on, it had run out of advantages for the Factory and the extra kit we had to haule to run it was becoming a real headache."

Finally we would like to congratulate Slider on Breaking into the Top ten in the Drivers Standings. When asked he said, "it's a great reward for all the hard work we've been putting in and was always our main goal here at SBR. We know were not up there with the big boys but we do know that The series holds some of the best drivers out there and its an honour to be so high up in the standings this early on."

Good luck to everyone racing tonight especially the SBR boys!
Slider S15
Slider S15

Back to top Go down

Post by Slider S15 Sat 5 Sep 2009 - 17:21

Pre-Suzuka News:

Firstly lets recap from Last meeting at Silverstone International Raceway.

As is becoming all to regular for our likeing it was a night of mixed fortunes for the SBR boys, We lost Sam before qualifying due to the dreaded failure to connect after which point he retired himself early due to a headache.

This left Slider as the sole SBR entrant and he even surpprised himself with his qualifying performance just queezing himself into lobby B.

This is where his luck seemed to runout as races one and two saw him finish 6th out of 7th on both occasions, however he was still up beat about his chances ahead of race three, "i know where im loosing time now and both of my low scores have been from last lap dives from people behind taking me off of the track or off of the racing line."

Race Three saw Slider start on the front row thanks to the reverse grid system and he intended to make full advantage of this. After being slightly swamped off of the line slider gathered himself up to take the lead in turn three.. just before a huge pileup casused a two lap safety car period with Slider at the front Unscathed. And so to the restart where Slider got the drop and used the Chevrolet's strong Straightline speed to make a break for it. However Fate and the superior skills of his opponents saw him hold his lead for only two more laps after a strong battle with Dan ATR1, a TTCC Veteran and widely regarded as one of the best in the business. Next man past was the winner of the first two races of the evening HeatPhalanx although he had a much tougher time gettig past the SBR man with Slider retaking him several times before finally loosing out to the hotshot driver on the final lap.

This saw Slider clinch Third in Lobby B his and SBR's Technical best finish with other high race results coming from lower lobbies.

And so to Suzuka.

Slider is Quietly confident about the Suzuka round of the TTCC although he is fully aware that this will be the most difficult round of the season.

The nature of the track makes passing a premium with very few places to pass and make it stick. This is also a track with history For Slider where he struggled in this years Time Attack Championship and thought he had lost his podium place in the title chase.

However Slider has undertaken rigorous testing ahead of the Suzuka round of the championship and has seen huge steps forward taken in the performance of both himself and his SBR Silverline Chevrolet Cobalt.

Speaking about the forthcoming event Slider had this to say,

"I know that this is going to be a make or break meeting for my championship challenge, after this the tracks start to move towards me alot more. The Ultimate motorsport boys are catching me hand over fist and i really need to do as well as possible to try and hold them back and retain my position in the Top Ten of the Drivers Standings."

Sam is also quietly confident ahead of the next meeting with this being one of his prefered tracks and him having a self perfected tune for the car, unknown to the team, as is his pace however he has all the confidence in himmself and the car.

Finally, Sam Billing will be running the special celebration paintwork he was meant to run at the Silverstone round comemorating his first lobby victory.

Goodluck to all of those taking part in the Suzuka meeting, Especially the SBR Boys!
Slider S15
Slider S15

Back to top Go down

Post by Slider S15 Tue 8 Sep 2009 - 17:34

SBR Media:

SBR will be running live updates on our drivers progress from Suzuka on our Brand new Twitter for the first time tonight!

Join us on www.twitter.com/SBRtuning
Slider S15
Slider S15

Back to top Go down

Post by Slider S15 Thu 10 Sep 2009 - 21:41

Slider Says "Road car programme will not affect Touringcar performances"

Slider S15 has recently been linked to a Roadcar Programme and has been seen testing around the Nurburgring in Germany.

However when asked about this Slider was adament about his priorities, "TCC is my main priority and has been since day one of my involvement with the TORA Organisation."

"Yes i am involved in a Roadcar programme testing for a few famous marks, the results of which will surface soon. However TCC is still my main priority and im really fired up about this years championship."

"This is the best car i've ever had in a TORA competition and it feels great to have a car that i can feel so competitive in! Ive worked my way into the Top 10 in the drivers standings and I will do everything within my power to stay there!"

"Top 10 is my goal this season and im damned if im goin down without a serious fight! I get paid for positions not for straight panels!"

Slider and Sam will be out again in the SBR Silverline Chevrolet TTCC in two weeks time at the Road Atlanta Meeting.
Slider S15
Slider S15

Back to top Go down

Post by Slider S15 Sun 20 Sep 2009 - 21:20

It is Rumoured that a major announcement concerning the team will take place before the next meeting...
Slider S15
Slider S15

Back to top Go down

Post by Slider S15 Mon 21 Sep 2009 - 9:16

!!!ANNOUNCEMENT!!! SBR sign Third driver for the remainder of the season!

For the First time in the history of the TCC team, SBR has signed a third driver.

In a deal finalised late last night SBR Silverline have signed up TORA veteran driver ColinMcRae555 aka Chaddy, to drive for the Team for the remainder of the season.

When asked about the decision to hire a third driver the team said, "It made sense to hire a third driver at this time for two major reasons. Firstly this will free up Slider S15 to fight to stay in the top 10 in the drivers standings without having the added pressure of team points to worry about."

"Secondly there is the increasing doubts over Slider's future within the sport after recent personal changes may make it difficult to race in the future."

This comes as no surpprise as today is Slider's first official day at university and there are worries that this new comitment will affect his ability to race in the TCC.

However when asked about this all Slider would say was, "The decision has not been made yet but its something that im definately going to have to consider".

ColinMcrae555 as mentioned before is a TORA veteran having competed in both the Seat Leon Supercup and the TORA Grand Prix championship and been very successful in both. Infact he gave Slider his only non-SBR backed drive within the TORA organisation in his ill fated Grand Prix drive at Ferrari.

ColinMcrae555 will be joining SBR Silverline at Road Atlanta if all goes to plan in his privately developed Ford Focus ST. His car will be revealed ahead of the next meeting...
Slider S15
Slider S15

Back to top Go down

Post by Slider S15 Tue 22 Sep 2009 - 7:36

!!!NEWS ALERT!!!

SBR medical team cast doubt over Slider S15 and Sam Billing1991 being "fit to race" at tonights meeting.

This comes from Slider coming down with a bad cold which is affecting his balance and giving him head aches. The Medical team said, "If he shows improvement during they day then we will reccomend him for the race tonight, we will assess him closer to the time."

However SBR have been dealt a double blow with the possible loss of Sam Billing1991 as well due to illness. The Medical team had this to say about his situation, "We feel that he is unlikely to race tonight, although we cannot make an exact diagnosis at this time, his symptums (which he wishes to remain private at this time) would make it almost impossible to compete."

"We will update the status of both drivers and whether they will compete as soon as the decision is made"
Slider S15
Slider S15

Back to top Go down

Post by Slider S15 Tue 22 Sep 2009 - 10:55

Road Atlanta Preview:

Road Atlanta Is the next location on the callender for the TORA Touring car Championship and hopes are High Although Expectations are much lower.

But First a look back at Suzuka:

This race was everything it was predicted to be for SBR with Overtaking near impossible and Qualifying Critical. A Mistake on his fastest Lap saw Sam in Lobby C But with a much faster car than those around him and high hopes of a Top Finish In all three rounds. Slider Felt he was slightly off of his true pace but still managed to post a time which saw him into Lobby B in the Middle of the Pack.

Race 1 was dissapointing for Slider with two racing incidents taking him from third and catching second to stone dead last. He eventually managed to recover to seventh. Sam on the other hand Had a great run in Lobby C which saw im Secure Second in race one, only just being edged out by the V8 Grunt of the Toyota Altezza.

Race 2 was much better for Slider with Him Climbing from his seventh place starting position to Fifth Position and right on the back bumper of the fourth placed Britracer on his Debut in the Works Chevrolet Cobalt. Sadly Race Two was a Blip for Sam Falling From his second Position start to Fifth after a Blown Motor sustained from a small piece of contact whilst following annother car. He remained up beat and Even managed to overtake an undamaged car to claim a respectable fifth place.

And so to Race 3 and the reverse grid, This was a good race for both of the SBR boys with the Straightline pace of the Cobalt really aiding them. Slider started from Fourth and quickly climbed up the order into third before an epic battle with Richy59 Which saw Slider Loose The position on the last lap! Slightly dissapointed but overall pleased that he had finished the race unscathed Slider was just Glad that the Suzuka Round was over. Sam Also had a good race Climbing From Fourth up to second and only being beaten by Sbiggs360 who had missed qualifying and joined in the meeting half way through, However Sam was pleased with his performance against the Usual A/B Lobby Runner.

Slider Left Suzuka Slightly disheartened that his Qualifying Efforts were hindering his Championship efforts with Many of the Lobby C Qualifyers out scoring himself due to the reverse grid system for race three.

"Sometimes i dont know why i bother with qualifying when i get nights like this, The Three lobby system (down from 4 last year) Means that the points differential is just too small and Qualifying higher is becoming a points dissadvantage that i really dont feel i deserve."

"I know that certain individuals, who shall remain nameless, sandbag during qualifying to ensure their place in the bottom lobby and Abuse the System to outscore those like me who qualify legitimately. However i will never do this! Any pace you see from me is the maximum that both myself and the car can deliver at that given moment."

And So to Road Atlanta:

There is change within the Team in the form of ColinMcRae555 Joing the squad for the rest of the season in his Privately Developed Ford Focus ST.

Hopes are high For this round as Road Atlanta is the one of the Three major SBR test tracks where the road car programmes and Club Sport Projects are all developed. This means that Both Slider S15 and Sam Billing1991 have a strong knowledge of the circuit which should hopefully gain them a few tenths.

However things are not all Rosey for the SBR team this round. Recent personal changes mean that Slider has been unable to test much to Dial in the Car for the Circuit as he has been able to recently.

"The Straightline is there but the handling is way off currently. Usually we can roll the car off of the truck after the last meeting, tune the Gearbox to the straights and Evolve the handeling, However Suzuka was such an Arse of a track for the car that the handleing is now terribly twitchy. Yet More reason to hate that place." - Slider S15 on his Preperations for tonights race.

However this is not the only problem plaguing the SBR Team ahead of the Suzuka meeting. Illness has reared its ugly head in a big way for the first time for the team with both Slider and Sam suffering from Symptums which could render them unable to race. At the Time of writing hopes arnt high as to wether Sam will race. However no decision has yet been made on the condition of Slider and his race fitness which will be assessed prior to the race, however hopes are high that he can race and continue his campaign to finish in the Top 10 of the Drivers Championship. (in which he is currently 8th)

The Team is Very Happy about the chance to race here at Road Atlanta with Slider having this to say. "Its nice to be at a REAL track again after Suzuka East which was just a joke to be honest." "The Only concern that we have as a team is the last corner. If we come in too hot there isn't any room for a recovery and the car will be totaled, whats more if somebody else looses it and puts it in the wall they will usually end up on the racing line which is dangerous for everyone involved.

The Final Variable which could help or hinder the Team is our new signing ColinMcRae555, Having not competed in the championship prior to this his pace is a serious unknown, In a Statement the team said, "It would be great to have somebody scoring high points for the team obviously. However what we dont want is for him to Take points away from Slider and hinder his battle to stay in the Top 10, Especially since there is no chance of Championship Success for him entering at this late stage." However we wish him all the best and are looking forward to seeing how he does.

Slider Had this to say, "Iv'e driven against him and for him and i know that he is a fair guy. He has great pace, maybe even faster than my own, atleast on a Level playing field such as a one make series which are the only things i have raced directly against him in. However this is no one make Championship and my Cobalt is one hell of a car, The Team mate in me wants him to do well, the Racer in me wants him to be behind me!"

We Would like to wish good luck to all those competing tonight especially The SBR Boys!

Remember you can Follow the Progress of the Team at www.twitter.com/SBRtuning For Live updates throughout the meeting.
Slider S15
Slider S15

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Tue 22 Sep 2009 - 18:08

Not as fair as you think. He is more Plato than anything.

Aaahem... SEAT Supercup at the TT...
nickyf1
nickyf1

TORA Race Number : 271
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 10770
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Slider S15 Wed 23 Sep 2009 - 8:22

Slider Goes it Alone as SBR Struggle at Road Atlanta:

Slider S15 was left as the Sole representitive at Road Atlanta After Sam Billing1991 was Deemed "unfit to race" by the Teams Medical Staff. This blow was further compounded by the Absence of new Driver ColinMcrae555 who misteriously failed to appear throughout the whole night.

In a Statement the Team Said, "We knew that it was a strong possibility we would loose Sam at Road Atlanta and We hold the safety of our drivers as our highest concern at all times so cannot and do not regret our decision for him to miss this meeting."

However Team Manager and Lead Driver Slider S15 was much more verbal about the Absence of new Driver ColinMcRae555, "It's always annoying when a driver fails to turn up to race, Even when they are down as a maybe because as a manager you have to assume that they are and ensure that it is possible for them to race should they turn up. I'm also thoroughly annoyed that He failed to notify the Team of his impending absence, appologise to the team afterwards for missing the race or Awnser any corrispondants sent to him regarding the team, the race and his Drive with SBR Silverline Chavrolet. For a Driver Trying to Prove we should hire him for a full season next year he is doing a VERY bad job of things so far."

However management duties were not the only problems Slider S15 had at Road Atlanta as his driving duties were strained aswell.

After qualifying things looked promising with Slider on Pole Position For Lobby B, The Highest any SBR car has qualified in Any TORA competition. However after that things went downhill for Slider.

Race one saw a first corner accident with General TsO drop Slider from second to seventh, having already lost out off the line to the Focus ST of NickyF1. A second accident Towards the end of the First lap Saw Slider Tangle with one of the new Quakerstate Racing Astra VXR's at the bottom of the hill causing a half spin and a massive loss of time. Slider fought hard back through the field to eventually finish 4th.

Race Two Saw Slider Struggle Further as he was caught in a First lap Pileup just after the first corner. This dropped him from fourth back to seventh and bought out the safetly car. Slider Struggled on the Restart After getting too close to the Back of the Quakerstate Racing Astra infront. Slider only made it past one more car placing him 6th and on the front Row for Race Three.

Race Three is annother race Slider would like to forget, Again the car performing badly off the line and getting him swamped by the cars behind. This lead to Slider getting boxed in with Nickyf1 on the outside and General TsO Right on his Back bumper and seemingly not slowing for the next turn, With nowhere to go Slider was forced to take avoiding action onto the grass and again found himself back in seventh position. A Long battle ensued but all Slider could manage to do was climb back up to 5th Place.

In a Post Race interview Slider Had this to say about the Car and the reasons he was struggling, "There are two key areas where the car was lacking this time out that really cost me, On the Straights the car just wasnt as fast as the others, possibly due to a lack of a power based build rather than the conservative Handling biased build we use on the SBR Cobalt. Secondly there is the Launches which just arnt fast enough compared to our competitors. Oour Launches hae got alot better over the last few meetings but they still arnt up to the standards of the other teams and it is something we will definately have to work on before the next meeting."

Slider Also Added this about the First race first corner incident with General TsO, "I would like to Sincerely Appologise to General TsO about that as i just Lost the car on the brakes not getting it slowed down fast enough. He is one of the Last people in TORA i'd want to hit, especially after witnessing the torrid time he had at Suzuka, All i can do is humbly Appologise."

"As for the Second inncident in race one with one of the Quakerstate Racing Astras, Its understandable that Rookies will Make mistakes like that and we cant jump down their throats about it, Hell i made lots of similar moves like that in my first season and had similar consequences on track so i really can't judge. Racing inncident from a guy learning the Ropes here at TORA. Nothing more, nothing less."

The Next round sees the TCC at Sunset infield in Two Weeks Time, A Happy hunting ground for SBR During The Media Day. However with all of the new teams, drivers and developments to have happened since then, Who knows How they will do. Hopefully we shall also see the Return of Sam Billing1991 to racing after his illness and the Debut of ColinMcRae555 and his Ford Focus ST.

Finally The Team would like to once again appologise To General TsO over the First Race inncident.
Slider S15
Slider S15

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Wed 23 Sep 2009 - 15:40

ColinMcRae555 WILL race at the next round!!!
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Slider S15 Thu 24 Sep 2009 - 9:04

As We reach the last three races of the TCC Season Slider looks back on the Season so far:

The 2009 season came off the back of a very difficult Debut season for SBR. In the Previous season to this we were establishing ourselves as a Name within TORA and Running the Honda Civic Type-R 07. "God that was a aweful car!" Remarked Slider. "It felt fine to drive it was just catastrophically slow!" And the results showed this, Constantly in Lobby D and at the back of it at that, Things improved slightly towards the end of the season with the car managing to mix it with the others competitively to get into the middle of Lobby D.

Not a great Start for the SBR team at TORA then, but This Season looked much more promising. "The Better Sponsorship and the Deal with Chevrolet were definately key factors this year", said Slider, "The pre season testing was so much more promising than the half season we did with the Civic Last season."

This looked set to improve with the help of Team RAC with whom SBR had struck a deal at the begining of the season to share information and tuning know how with the team that had run the Cobalt the previous season. However this fell through firstly after Team RAC made the switch over to the rear wheel drive Lexus IS, this meant there was alot less information available and then when Team RAC finally Folded shortly after Media day. This resulted in SBR only recieving an interim tune to be used to test and refine for the first round at Mugello.

However first came Media Day at Sunset Infield Reverse. This Was a great day for SBR with the Cobalt showing very strongly. We Had our first lobby win and even our First ever SBR one two finish! However as this was ony media day it was widely disregarded in the paddock and SBR would have to prove themselves again elsewhere.

Mugello was a Strong Start for the SBR Boys if a little dissapointing after Media day, With Slider just missing out on Lobby B And being near the front of lobby C The bottom lobby for this race. Sam was also with Slider in that lobby with the two seperated by practically nothing in qualifying. The racing was hard fought and Third was the best that could be managed.

Next came Motegi Where the team were plagued with Brakeing Problems. This lost us alot of positions but did highlight a strength of the car which would be used to great effect, Straght line acceleration! This resulted in some good solid points for Slider, with Sam not competing at that event.

The TCC next found itself at Newyork Street Circuit for its first ever Street race and TORA's 100th Event. The SBR cars were repainted to the design you see today in celebration of this and the team gained annother sponsor in the Form of Practical Performance Car Magazine (PPC). This was a Race of survival with many accidents. Slider went through Three race engines at the meeting, damaging two in accidents on the main straight and on the last lap of the last race which cost him a position. Sam was also Unlucky being Nailed at the end of the main straight by newcomer Heatphalanx.

Sebring was an eventful race for SBR for both good and bad reasons. Sam Scored our first ever Lobby win in race one with Slider right on his back bumper to make it an SBR one two. Race two saw sam loose out in an accident in the first corner with Asbo Spazbo and Slider coming through to eventually take third. Race three was more of the same for Sam with two more accidents with Asbo Spazbo resulting in him dropping down the field, Slider again avoided the carnage to come home third.

Silverstone was a rough meeting for SBR, Sam having problems and failing to compete left Slider on his own. Contact saw Slider not climbing through the field as he normally does resulting in some dissapointing performances. Race three saw slider on the front row thanks to the reverse grid system and fighting to keep the lead. A safety car on the first lap did not help this as he had made a great run until then. Slider held on for several laps before finally being overtaken by Dan ATR and Heatphalanx however both said how hard it had been to overtake him which was very encouraging praise indeed.

Suzuka was a tough race as the Team knew it would be with the track a small one with no overtaking spots and a very close and hard wall. This made coming through the field difficult. Slider put in some solid performances but bad luck saw him involved in two accidents taking him out from the podium positions, he lost out to Richy59 on the last lap of the last race to finish 4th. Sam had a much better night in the lobby below taking two second places and a fifth after engine damage.

And so to the last round at Road Atlanta where we lost Sam to illness and connection problems and tryed to introduce a new driver, however he was unable to compete. This again left Slider on his own, but with a Pole position in Lobby B in a car with an hours worth of practice and tuning on it slider was feeling good. However this was shortlived after two incidents on the first lap dropped him down the order and into 6th, he eventually finished 4th after battling back. However top end speed was a struggle and Slider was outpaced by the cars around him, scoreing a 6th and a 5th.

So Slider how do you rate the season youve had so far then? "Well its been great! Ive been more competitive than ive ever been in any TORA competition, the car is so fun to drive yet capable of handing good solid finished, im averaging two lobby higher at every meeting than i did last season and im in the Top 10 of the drivers standings! something i could have only dreamed of last season."

How do you rate your chances for the rest of the season? "Mixed! (*laughs*) Well i think Sunset is going to be the biggest challenge with Top speed being annother key factor, however my current situation means i am unable to test half as much as i was earlier in the season. Tskuba and Maple Valley should be great though, I know Tskuba Well and have had sucess there in the TORA Seat Leon Supercup and Maple Valley is an Official SBR test track so i feel good about my chances there. I have good memories of Maple Valley from last year in the Civic as it was one of my most competitive outings in the Civic with me manageing to Mix it up with some of the more established names in the Sport such as TORA Founder Jenson09 and his Team Halfords Civic Coupe. Im Hopeing for more of the same this year in the Cobalt. Its so much better than alst years Civic and if i could do well in that i should do well in this."

Do you think you'll be able to Hold on to your spot in the Top 10 of the Drivers standing? "I was 8th going into Road Atlanta and the positions havnt been announced yet from that. However i feel im in a strong position to do it. I will be driving my heart out to do it because it would mean as much to me and the Team than winning the championship would to others. But i know its going to be tough with the Ultimate Motorsport guys catching me up week by week after their late start and Ianmr and Dan ATR both So close to me. But i'll give it my all thats for sure!"

"Ive said it before and i'll say it again, I dont get paid For straight panels, I get paid for Positions!"

And Finally who do you Tip for the Title? "Well i have to Say Plow Tubbi. I know hes working so hard to stay ahead of the Other Plow guys and its starting to show, He showed good pace towards the end of last season aswell but Team orders stopped him from fulfilling his full potential. This year he's been let off of the Leash and Everyone knows it!"
Slider S15
Slider S15

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR The Butcher Thu 24 Sep 2009 - 9:15

team orders my arse.... lol .... you are mistaken. no team orders were or are issued! If i hadnt missed Sebring id by nipping at his heels hehe Very Happy
CQR The Butcher
CQR The Butcher

Number of posts : 933
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Sep 2009 - 9:43

Didn't he crash in one race....... which you went on to win?????????

Back to top Go down

Post by Slider S15 Thu 24 Sep 2009 - 9:46

Sorry Butcher that was only based on what i had heard about Last Season.

And even if you hadnt missed Sebring i still think i would be saying Tubbi for the Title.
Slider S15
Slider S15

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Thu 24 Sep 2009 - 11:03

apology accepted, I just got frustrated there for awhile and got quiet, started to feel like suzuka all over again.
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

TORA Race Number : 12
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 5771
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by lfcnicklfc Thu 24 Sep 2009 - 16:18

that was a huge rite up and i raced for team RAC at Mugello Razz
lfcnicklfc
lfcnicklfc

TORA Race Number : 11
Number of posts : 3589
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by HeatPhalanx Fri 25 Sep 2009 - 13:43

Slider if i remeber correctly Sam was in lobby C when i first started and i was in Lobby D Razz

HeatPhalanx

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2009-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Slider S15 Fri 25 Sep 2009 - 14:23

Sorry i just knew he was hit by a rookie and your the only one i remember starting that night.

I think weve all noticed that this writeup isnt great lol

Memory fades, Some things are based on information from sources which will remain un named.

But its nice to know that people are actually reading these!!
Slider S15
Slider S15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next