TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
SBR Silverline Chevrolet - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
SBR Silverline Chevrolet - Page 3 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
SBR Silverline Chevrolet - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
SBR Silverline Chevrolet - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
SBR Silverline Chevrolet - Page 3 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
SBR Silverline Chevrolet - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
SBR Silverline Chevrolet - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
SBR Silverline Chevrolet - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
SBR Silverline Chevrolet - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

SBR Silverline Chevrolet

+11
adam20692
PLOW tubbi
ONR Baby Jet 3
HeatPhalanx
lfcnicklfc
HCR generaltso
CQR The Butcher
Ax4x Chaddy
nickyf1
Richy59
Slider S15
15 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

SBR Silverline Chevrolet - Page 3 Empty Re: SBR Silverline Chevrolet

Post by Slider S15 Wed 21 Oct 2009 - 8:41

"Possibly the strongest all round showing SBR has ever had..."

Firstly we would like to appologise about the lack of Media coming from SBR as of late. The Live Twitter service is being put on the backburner during races due to recent weak connection for Slider S15. This will hopefully be rectified soon. These SBR news stories have also been conspicuous in there absence due to the extra time and effort here at SBR to Run the TORA Banger World Championship, More of that later.

Tskuba was a strong round for the team and possibly the strongest showing SBR has ever had in an official TORA event. Last night was the first time that the team had all three cars racing and it went well for all of them. Slider S15 and ColinMcRae555 made it through to Lobby B with the admittedly out of practice Sam Billing1991 got pole in Lobby D.

Sam was able to Convert this into a Lobby Victory in Race 1, staying out of a reportedly lagre mess early on to take the win. Slider Made it up to 3rd from the back of the grid with co-operation from Colin although it wasnt all Slider's way, "I had Selective Rogue right on my bumper for almost the whole race! I havnt had to work that hard in a TORA evnet for such a sustained period of time it was great fun." Sadly an accident for ColinMcRae555 was involved in an accident which saw him fall back to last place.

Race 2 saw Sam Start on Pole in Lobby D and again convert this to a Lobby win, the first Lobby back to back win ever for SBR. Back to Lobby B and Slider Started third with ColinMcRae555 last, Slider lead the race after turn 1 passing Race 1 winning lfcnicklfc, However Again Selective Rogue was right on his bumper and tagged him coming out of turn 3, tipping slider onto the grass and out of the lead, Slider recovered to second before eventually loosing out to Selective Rogue and the hard charging and fired up Adam20692, eventually finishing 4th. Colin was again sadly involved in an incident which saw him fall to the back of the pack.

And so to Race 3 and the Reverse Grid system was not kind to Sam with his pervious victory mening he would have to start from the back of what was now Lobby A, Sam fought hard through the field and finally finished 2nd, and very close to eventual winner AJ Zero. The reverse grid was more kind to the SBR boys in what was now Lobby C with Slider's 4th place meaning he would start where he finished and ColinMcRae555 being given Pole position. In what was an incredibly close race ColinMcRae555 vailiantly battled lfcnicklfc for the lead for the whole race distance eventually winning out against the Stobart driver to take SBR's third lobby win of the night! Slider once again resumed battle with Selective Rogue with Rogue always within 20 feet (i think its in feet) of Sliders Rear bumper. Slider eventually kept Rogue behind him to take annother 3rd position.

At the time of writing this the official Championship standings have not yet been published, however Slider is quietly confident that he has maintained his 5th position in the championship. "From what i can tell i outscored all of my main rivals at Tskuba so should hopefully maintain my position going into the final round, unless somebody comes from very far back. The Team championship position is practically secured so now its just a final push to keep me in the Top 10 of the Drivers standings."

With the final round bought forward to next Tuesday development will be trunkated from its usual state, however preliminary tests show that the SBR Silverline Chevrolet Cobalt is going to be quite competitive, with the Evolution 3 version of the Cobalt proving to be the best SBR option.

In other news SBR's Slider S15 ran the TORA Banger World Championship on Sunday night, in the championship race slider was sitting in third and challenging for second when lag stepped in and wrecked his chances, so in true SBR style he turned it round demolishing the VW Golf of PLOW TheButcher and Clipping the Rear end of PLOW Tubbi's Golf sending him into the wall before Slider Lagged out. PLOW Tubbi went on to win the race and the title of TORA Banger World Champion 2009.

Also SBR would like to send out a huge congratulations to Slider S15 for Passing his driving test on Monday on his Third attempt. Slider was extatic to have finally passed his est and had this to say, "Its great im so happy! It feels like a huge weight off my shoulders to finally be able to drive and not have to take Driving lessons anymore!.

Finally we would like to thank Long Time SBR Sponsors RWS Sports Cars for working so hard each night to complete the work nessasary on Slider's road car in their brand new workshop, to get it through its MOT. The efforts are very appreciated by everybody here at SBR especially Slider himself.
Slider S15
Slider S15

TORA Race Number : 219
Number of posts : 3711
Registration date : 2009-01-24

https://www.facebook.com/SlidersStorefront

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Wed 21 Oct 2009 - 9:39

3rd Times a charm eh Wink Well done Slider!
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Wed 21 Oct 2009 - 10:04

chuffed with my race 3 win i knew if i got threw the 1st lap i would do good!
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Billing1991 Wed 21 Oct 2009 - 20:05

Little correction there Slider, race one I was in the only incident that I know of. I can't remember exactly what happened but I think it was evothreesixty who tapped me onto the grass as he overtook me in T4, he came up on the inside as I was turning in. I later overtook and took the lobby win Smile

Sam Billing1991

Number of posts : 165

Back to top Go down

Post by Slider S15 Thu 22 Oct 2009 - 13:21

SBR prepareing special farwell to Forza 2:

Next weeks TORA Touring Car Championship finale at Maple Valley is not only the end of the season, but its also the end of Official TORA racing on Turn 10's epic Forza Motorsport 2. Its a sad farewell to the game that inspired the Creation of TORA itself and propelled SBR into the public eye and into official competition. However with Turn 10's Forza Motorsport 3 being released today Forza 2 will most likely become obsolete after next weeks TCC Finale.

To comemorate Forza 2's key position in the Evolution of professional online racing and in making SBR an internationally recognised Tuner and motorsport preperation organisation (were not kidding, there are SBR prepared and tuned cars in use in Britain, Australia and the USA) SBR lead driver Slider S15 will be running a special comemorative paint job in the TCC Finale at Maple Valley, Based on the Fairlady Z Custom Unicorn car that appeared on the cover of Forza 2.

SBR farewell forza 2

SBR farewell forza

(These pictures do not do this paintjob Justice to be honest!)

All constructive opinons about this paintjob will be greatly appreciated!
Slider S15
Slider S15

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Thu 22 Oct 2009 - 13:42

ill need 2 choose my car for the next round in a hurry for this paint!
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by adam20692 Thu 22 Oct 2009 - 15:33

i like being called hard charging and fired up! it was a good race 2 mind a lot of fun for me
adam20692
adam20692

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Slider S15 Tue 27 Oct 2009 - 8:08

The Final Showdown!

The Day of the Finale has Finally arrived and it promises to be an epic event! A Reduced field due to the Realease of Forza Motorsport 3 means that points will be tight and hard fought for between those from the higher positions of the Points table. This includes our very own Slider S15 who is just 3 races away from achieveing the teams season Goal of having a driver finish in the top 10 of the drivers championship and Slider's own adopted goal of a 5th Place Finish in the Championship.

However to do it he's going to have to fight off some of the best TORA has to offer. Just ahead of Slider in the Points is General TsO in 4th with his ballistic Civic Si Coupe defying all the odds and bad luck and currently holding best of the Rest position in the points.

Just behind Slider is BRM Sbiggs in 6th place. No introductions are needed for this Driver with several Race 3 Overall wins to his name as well as some controversy Biggs will be a definate threat to Slider's position in his Works Prepared Nissan Sentra, Which is possibly one of the best looking cars in the field.

Just 10 points behind Biggs is the Infamous AJ Zero TORA internet overlord and TORA Lemans series Champion 2009 AJ is also a threat in his Mugen Prepared Civic Si Coupe. Controversial his tactics may be but they get the job done and he could well sneak the positions while the focus is on those battling at the front of the grid.

Finally (if my maths is right, which it probably isnt!) the last person who could challenge Slider mathematically is PLOW Champion. Anybody with the PLOW name is a huge threat and Champion is no exception! With many over all night wins to his name and the frankly biblical PLOW Mini underneath him, Champion could well make up the large points gap and really mix things up!

An exciting prospect indeed when you consider that the top 3 of those 5 drivers will most likely be in the same Lobby as each other meaning 4th - 6th could be settled directly on track!

Annother factor to consider is that with the lower than usual turnout some of the drivers may well make it into Lobby A giving them a big points advantage potential and giving those left in Lobby B one hell of a job to do.

Annother factor to consider is the influence of drivers who joind the season late such as adam20692 in his Bamboo engineering Chevrolet Cobalt SS, He'll be going for lobby wins and has no reason to back down and protect his points. This coupled with his high energy, hard charging driving style could be a real challenge to those in the Chase for those final positions.

Finally theres the big one... The Follow Through! The Challenge could end for any of the contenders in this small concrete wall. Get it right and you'l Fly, get it worng and its game, and championship over. With the follow through able to strike at anytime concentration will be a must, one wrong move in Qualifying or the race and its new Pants time!

Good Luck to everybody racing tonight especially the SBR Boys!
Slider S15
Slider S15

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW Kris Tue 27 Oct 2009 - 18:37

nice write up kid a good read. Very Happy and good luck tonite.
PLOW Kris
PLOW Kris

Number of posts : 713
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Tue 27 Oct 2009 - 18:37

i lol'd at internet overlord.
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

TORA Race Number : 12
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 5771
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Slider S15 Wed 28 Oct 2009 - 9:06

PLOW The Butchered! Slider Ends Season on a High:

It's been one hell of a season! SBR has come on leaps and bounds this past season and the results speak for themselves.

Slider S15 has surpassed expectation this Season managing to finish 5th in the Drivers standings! The SBR Lead driver says that the Amazing Chevrolet Cobalt SS had alot to do with his success this year, "This car was amazing all season, it fits me like a glove and its so driveable most of the time, qualy was generally poor from me meaning that i had to make it up on track. But the car helped make that all possible!" This is the highest any SBR driver has placed in a non-special TORA event.

Sam Billing1991 had a rougher season with bad connection and illness plaguing his campaign resulting in 21st position in the drivers championship. However solid points at most meetings has made the SBR Boss an invaluable member of the team.

ColinMcRae555 also played a key role in the Teams success again scoring strong points for the team and helping Slider on track whenever possible being a true team player. However due to his very late start in the season he could only manage 38th position in the drivers championship.

All of which has meant that SBR Silverline Chevrolet have Finished 6th in the Team championship!

Which is really impressive considering the Team and driver positions from last season.

Slider finished 20th and Sam finished 23rd last year in the highly fustrating SBR Midnight Runners Civic Type R 07, A car with a near legendary reputation within TORA for being an absolute dog. Constantly in Lobby D and unable to challenge it was a very fustrating debut Season.

ColinMcRae555, in his previous Chaddy2k8 guise, finished 21st after a very short campaign in the Scuderia Martini Seat Leon. He would have undoutably been much higher if he'd have ran a full season, just like this year.

The team also improved over last year with SBR Finishing 10th last season.

So big improvements for SBR over the two seasons. Slider from 20th - 5th, Sam from 23rd - 21st and SBR Team from 10th - 6th.

And so to a quick round up of the last round, Qualifying went bad for both SBR drivers, With Colin not competing it was just Slider and Sam at Maple Valley in the special End of Forza 2 paint jobs revealed last week. Sam had connection problems which meant he was unable to qualify. Slider had a bad Run with nerves kicking in and making him tighten up, This resulted in Slider scraping into the bottom of Lobby B.

Race 1 and further Xbox problems meant Sam was unable to compete, leaving Slider as the only SBR Entrant in Race 1. Race 1 was tough for Slider, he made quick progress through the field passing two cars in the first three corners, before catching the third Vauxhall Astra VXR of Quakerstate driver Dave Percival. This would be the beginning of the End of Slider's Race 1 with Dave Proving next to impossible to pass. After finally making a move down the inside of the VXR, Dave Percival fought back under breaking and cut in just too close to the apex of the corner to get both cars through, Slider was forced onto the grass which pushed the nose wide and into the Astra, Both cars pitched sideways with Dave Percival catching his car before Slider, Sliders car suddenly snapped back, Straight through the back end of Percival's Astra sending both men spinning into the wall. Slider eventually finishing one from last.

Race 2 and Slider again made quick progress through the field, dispatching 2 Astras and bearing down on the 3rd placed car of Streetracer in the other Quakerstate Astra, Slider eventually passed the Astra making it up to 3rd, an off from Magictap promoted Slider up to 2nd before a late mistake by Slider dropped him back down the field to 5th. Meanwhile Sam managed to race in Race 2 where problems and contact dropped him back down the grid after origional promising progress through the field.

And So to Race 3 and the Reverse Grid, Slider started in 3rd position and made a great launch from behind the two Vauxhall's of Dave Percival and Spudgun, with the two battling wide Spud forced Percival wide and Slider saw his chance to make his move slipping through down the inside. Slider then Nailed it through turn 2 and passed Spudgun for the lead and never looked back. Slider won the final race of the season finishing a great season on a high, This was doubled by the fact that to do so he had to defeat Season 2 and the then Reining TORA Touring Car Champion and Legendary Tuning God PLOW The Butcher. Something which means Alot to Slider. "To defeat the Defending Champion in the Season Finale was a Dream come true! Im proud to say that i Legitimately defeated a PLOW car!"

Race 3 was not so good to Sam With more contact meaning the best he could manage was 4th, again loosing out to Bottom Lobby Stalwart AJ Zero in the final race.

And so annother Season has been and Gone and what a season for SBR! Nobody thought that any SBR driver would be as high up in the standings as Slider or that the Team could rise from the bottom of the standings, especially if you had asked straight after last Season.

SBR would Just like to Say a HUGE Thank you to ALL of the TORA Staff who made This Season Possible (Even you AJ! lol) and an Epic Thank you to Everybody we raced against during the Season (in fact i think that an SBR driver has raced everyone atleast one during the season! get intouch if you think thats wrong.)
Slider S15
Slider S15

Back to top Go down

Post by Pebb Wed 28 Oct 2009 - 17:18

I think Sam had this virus:

Hates Seat cars Razz

Moving On: