TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» New to League Racing!
DRIVER BLOG: Slider S15 - LMS Round 1 - Sebring EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
DRIVER BLOG: Slider S15 - LMS Round 1 - Sebring EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
DRIVER BLOG: Slider S15 - LMS Round 1 - Sebring EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
DRIVER BLOG: Slider S15 - LMS Round 1 - Sebring EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
DRIVER BLOG: Slider S15 - LMS Round 1 - Sebring EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
DRIVER BLOG: Slider S15 - LMS Round 1 - Sebring EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
DRIVER BLOG: Slider S15 - LMS Round 1 - Sebring EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Registration
DRIVER BLOG: Slider S15 - LMS Round 1 - Sebring EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:44 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Lobby Settings
DRIVER BLOG: Slider S15 - LMS Round 1 - Sebring EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 0:16 by zrolizac

Facebook

DRIVER BLOG: Slider S15 - LMS Round 1 - Sebring

Go down

DRIVER BLOG: Slider S15 - LMS Round 1 - Sebring Empty DRIVER BLOG: Slider S15 - LMS Round 1 - Sebring

Last night saw me make my Debut for M&M Racing. After racing for SBR for over a year it felt kinda strange rolling out to represent a different team, But what a team to represent!! Ive always considered M&M Racing to be one of the top teams in the whole of TORA with so much experience and talent both behind the wheel and in the workshop, it was an opportunity I couldnt pass up.

Sadly things didnt go to plan at all last night, a Network problem struck just as the Qualifying lobbies were being assembled and by the time i had everything reset i had missed qualifying. Luckily for me (or not as the case turned out) TORA decided that I was to start at the back of my class (LMP2) Rather than at the back of the entire field with the Slower GT2 cars. A Result I thought at the Time, with only 3 LMP2 cars running at Sebring a Podium was guarenteed but I was sure I could make up a place in class to 2nd.

After a few Teething problems Lobby B was all formed up on the Grid and ready to start, I had three GT1 cars to pass before i could have a crack at the LMP guys up front, so i settled in my seat and nailed it off the line, Spinning the wheels further than i thought i would before the Launch Control kicked in and i catapulted up the track, passing 2 GT1 cars in 2 corners.

Nailing it at The start of the Race

However the break that the LMP cars got from the start due to their higher grid position, So i settled into a good rythm in 4th place and just thought I would let the race come to me, with a feeling my M&M Lola Mazda would be better on fuel then the Two KRAFT Cadbury's Porsche Spyder's up ahead. However after a few laps the race did come to me with an Accident between the LMP1 car of Chucky and the LMP2 car of Davey James. This promoted me up to 2nd place and with Davey's LMP2 Porsche now damaged by the accident i though i would be able to hold onto atleast 3rd.

However i now had Chucky's LMP1 Coca Cola Acura to battle with, Blitzing it down the straights and then beign caught in the corners again....

Out Dragging the LMP1 car down the back straight

I ran wide on the Final corner which allowed Chucky slip back past, however i slip streamed him back down the home straight and we were Side by side going into turn 1. I was relishing the Battle with the big boys, The Mazda finally delivering the kind of performance the Team and General TsO Always said it could... However a star shines twice as bright just before it dies....

Playing with the Big Boys, LMP1 vs LMP2....

Less than 10 mins in, disaster struck... A Shot from behind from the LMP1 car of Chucky....

...The big boys bite back, A shot from behind from Chucky's LMP1 Acura

This Resulted in the Loss of the M&M Lola Mazda's rear wing.... And with it went all control... and my chances of a good finish or even a fun night....

Race over - Loosing the Rear wing 10 mins in

The shot was so hard i was sent spearing into the tire wall, Buring the front end of the M&M Lola Mazda and further damaging the Aero package, this time at the front...

Buried in the Barriers after the accident

Having not been killed i reversed out of the tire wall and began to check the in car damage system to assess the damage, The car was a mess... The engine was ruined, both sides of the chassis were damaged, the gear box, the drive train, the suspension and the brakes. I pitted that lap and got as much repaired as possible however the Aero package could not be repaired (as it was laying on the other side of the track). Without the rear wing the car was practically undriveable depending solely on the tires the car was a nightmare to drive. after the accident i had dropped to the back of the field... which was probably just as well as 10 mins later i spun the car coming out of the last corner due to the lack of downforce... Striking the Pitwall with the lefthand side of the car square on. The car flew up into the air and spun into the pits.

The Second Big Crash

Having once again not been killed i drove to the pits to once again replace the engine, suspension and drive train. After that things were quieter, Lots of scary high speed spins but no more contact luckily. I was eventually lapped by the GT1 car's which survived the event, but the biggest achievement was wrestling whats believed to be possibly the most powerful car in the series and definately the most powerful in class, all the way to the finish.

And So on my M&M Debut i finished 3rd in class (by default not skill) and 16th overall in the event, however in a race where many failed to complete the full 1hour 45mins i should count myself lucky.

I will be in action in the M&M Lola Mazda again in 2 weeks time at the TORA LeMans Series round 2 at Suzuka Circuit Japan.
Slider S15
Slider S15

TORA Race Number : 219
Number of posts : 3711
Registration date : 2009-01-24

https://www.facebook.com/SlidersStorefront

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

DRIVER BLOG: Slider S15 - LMS Round 1 - Sebring :: Comments

Post Mon 1 Feb 2010 - 11:09 by Crisis Nine

This is why I think we need to consider running with no damage and mandatory pit stops. Coz one lapse of concentration from somebody else, even for a split second, can completely ruin somebody else's night.

Back to top Go down

CQR Aero

Post Mon 1 Feb 2010 - 11:21 by CQR Aero

Crisis Nine wrote:This is why I think we need to consider running with no damage and mandatory pit stops. Coz one lapse of concentration from somebody else, even for a split second, can completely ruin somebody else's night.

Though everyone is in the same boat, and that's the way it is in real life I'm afraid - it's not always your own fault that your race is interfered with. Look at its troff with his "fuel rig failure".

Back to top Go down

JAMIE ANDERS0N

Post Mon 1 Feb 2010 - 12:23 by JAMIE ANDERS0N

As I said in the race last night on my screen i ddint touch you and my reply showed i didnt touch you and it was due to lag issues (which i found out was caused by my wife uploading pics to facebook) I watched the replay (which I will post on here) to show in my defence.

Back to top Go down

Matt

Post Mon 1 Feb 2010 - 13:21 by Matt

"Having once again not been killed..."
Sooooooo Jeremy Clarkson its untrue hahaha!!!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Slider S15

Post Mon 1 Feb 2010 - 13:49 by Slider S15

Chucky 1982 wrote:As I said in the race last night on my screen i ddint touch you and my reply showed i didnt touch you and it was due to lag issues (which i found out was caused by my wife uploading pics to facebook) I watched the replay (which I will post on here) to show in my defence.

im not blaming you mate i never said it was on purpose. Dont worry im cool with it Very Happy im much calmer now than i was last night. I know it was lag and it wasnt your fault, but that contact (on my screen) was a MAJOR factor in my race and i needed to talk about it.

It's not your fault and i dont blame you, sorry if it came across that way in the article.

(and thanks for the compliment jenson Razz

Back to top Go down

JAMIE ANDERS0N

Post Mon 1 Feb 2010 - 14:56 by JAMIE ANDERS0N

all clear slider

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 1 Feb 2010 - 15:41 by Crisis Nine

I wasn't having a dig at anyone either Jamie incase you thought I was in my post.

Back to top Go down

JAMIE ANDERS0N

Post Mon 1 Feb 2010 - 17:10 by JAMIE ANDERS0N

Wow I just seen the pics I smacked your rear wheels not the rear of the car in it. Crisis I wasnt mate

Back to top Go down

HCR generaltso

Post Mon 1 Feb 2010 - 17:19 by HCR generaltso

slider, i'd switch to the 943 car for suzuka.

Back to top Go down

Slider S15

Post Mon 1 Feb 2010 - 17:23 by Slider S15

lol i'll try both and see how i feel

Back to top Go down

HCR generaltso

Post Mon 1 Feb 2010 - 17:25 by HCR generaltso

i'm so in love with that mazda...

Back to top Go down

Slider S15

Post Mon 1 Feb 2010 - 17:30 by Slider S15

gen3ral ts0 wrote:i'm so in love with that mazda...

Get over it shes with me now! lol Anyways i hear those French birds are well dirty.... Razz lol

Back to top Go down

HCR generaltso

Post Mon 1 Feb 2010 - 17:31 by HCR generaltso

so dirty i couldnt even finish LE RACE

Back to top Go down

Slider S15

Post Mon 1 Feb 2010 - 17:33 by Slider S15

Sad

Back to top Go down

nickyf1

Post Mon 1 Feb 2010 - 17:38 by nickyf1

HAHAHA Laughing