TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
 GTC Meeting 3 Discussion Thread – Silverstone (International Circuit) - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
 GTC Meeting 3 Discussion Thread – Silverstone (International Circuit) - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
 GTC Meeting 3 Discussion Thread – Silverstone (International Circuit) - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
 GTC Meeting 3 Discussion Thread – Silverstone (International Circuit) - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
 GTC Meeting 3 Discussion Thread – Silverstone (International Circuit) - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
 GTC Meeting 3 Discussion Thread – Silverstone (International Circuit) - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
 GTC Meeting 3 Discussion Thread – Silverstone (International Circuit) - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
 GTC Meeting 3 Discussion Thread – Silverstone (International Circuit) - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
 GTC Meeting 3 Discussion Thread – Silverstone (International Circuit) - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

GTC Meeting 3 Discussion Thread – Silverstone (International Circuit)

+14
CQR Aero
garyp3398
Biggsy tv
HCR generaltso
AMR of the Apex
Matt
i redbeard
lfcnicklfc
nickyf1
LMR DarthMario
Ax4x Chaddy
johnnyboy360
ATR DAN
JAMIE ANDERS0N
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

GTC Meeting 3 Discussion Thread – Silverstone (International Circuit) - Page 2 Empty Re: GTC Meeting 3 Discussion Thread – Silverstone (International Circuit)

Post by CQR Aero Sun 6 Feb 2011 - 23:08

simonbiggs wrote:
gen3ral ts0 wrote:you need to see the replay from the mini cooper race @ mugello

I remember it well. Good times! Smile
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

TORA Race Number : 80
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6084
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.chrissiddallmusic.com

Back to top Go down

GTC Meeting 3 Discussion Thread – Silverstone (International Circuit) - Page 2 Empty Re: GTC Meeting 3 Discussion Thread – Silverstone (International Circuit)

Post by lfcnicklfc Sun 6 Feb 2011 - 23:13

yeah i remember that video from Chad trying to take Travis out...
lfcnicklfc
lfcnicklfc

TORA Race Number : 11
Number of posts : 3589
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by AMR of the Apex Sun 6 Feb 2011 - 23:15

But was it for the win? there appears to be one car ahead?
AMR of the Apex
AMR of the Apex

TORA Race Number : TBD
Playstation 4 Xbox One

Number of posts : 3833
Registration date : 2010-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Sun 6 Feb 2011 - 23:58

it was for 2nd, 3rd and 4th i do believe.
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

TORA Race Number : 12
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 5771
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Sun 6 Feb 2011 - 23:58

DAN 2605 wrote:I really enjoyed the race. It was a good first few laps in-particular between myself and Duncan; shame it didn't last long because it would have been epic.
8th place; that'll do nicely but it makes me wonder why I missed most of the racing last year because the racing this year has made me realise how much I've missed it.

I know was great racing 2night guys cheers Smile well dont 2 the Plow boys sounds like a epic battle in a lobby Smile
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Mon 7 Feb 2011 - 0:02

i had a good time too in our lobby.
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

TORA Race Number : 12
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 5771
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Senna Mon 7 Feb 2011 - 7:58

DMR SWITCH wrote:i had a great race tonight. was able to keep up with lfcnick for the first 1/2 or so, then started slipping back into the grasp of Berty. broke late into turn3/4 (the hairpin onto the International straight) and berty got by, and spent the rest of the race trying to keep the pressure on to get that spot back. unfortunately the time and laps ran out. Razz Great racing Berty

Great race switch!! You kept the pressure on mate well done.

Did Johnny really get taken out on the parade lap?
CQR Senna
CQR Senna

Number of posts : 513
Registration date : 2010-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by GTR Evoluzione Mon 7 Feb 2011 - 12:23

garyp3398 wrote:best racing of the year so far lobby C the place where the fun is.Everyone finished within a minute of Louis.Brilliant clean(ish) racing.Thanks to everyone in lobby C for tonights race.

its a pity Matt had problem as it would have been even closer.

Cant wait till the next round.
i second that.. fantastic race.. watched the replay.. i reckon that was the best race i've ever had at TORA, up to the pitstop.. after that went downhill a bit for me.. but overall awesome stuff.. Gary, Crisis and me so damn close..
I can still here that Ford super charger..
GTR Evoluzione
GTR Evoluzione

Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2009-06-09

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8433988@N08/

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Mon 7 Feb 2011 - 12:40

Yeah that Ford Super Charger dont sound nice when you hear it getting louder each lap
JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

TORA Race Number : 76
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6805
Registration date : 2008-10-19

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 7 Feb 2011 - 13:01

ADx Garage wrote:Am I reading the Live Timing right?

1st and 2nd both on the same finishing time?

Yes, there was less than a second between me and Butcher at the finish.

Duncan wrote:I know was great racing 2night guys cheers Smile well dont 2 the Plow boys sounds like a epic battle in a lobby Smile

Cheers! It was a brilliant race - I had Butcher in my rear view mirror for 46 laps, the gap was around 0.8 to 1.2s for most of the race, never more than 2 seconds and we both keep pushing faster and faster, lapping quicker than we'd done in testing and qualifying, so much pressure! Butcher briefly got ahead on lap 7 through Bridge, for about 2 seconds, but I got past again going into Priory.

GTC Meeting 3 Discussion Thread – Silverstone (International Circuit) - Page 2 Wgt111

Can't wait for Nurburgring GP now! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR DarthMario Mon 7 Feb 2011 - 14:33

If the supercharger on the Ford was annoying last night with its 'whining', I plan to make it 'Scream' at Road America. Twisted Evil
LMR DarthMario
LMR DarthMario

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 8184
Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Senna Mon 7 Feb 2011 - 14:38

DMR SWITCH wrote:If the supercharger on the Ford was annoying last night with its 'whining', I plan to make it 'Scream' at Road America. Twisted Evil

I could hear that thing in my sleep last night!!

Nice vid Mark, You should watch the replay of me and switch he was up my arse for a very long time.
CQR Senna
CQR Senna

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnyboy360 Mon 7 Feb 2011 - 16:10

PLOW Berty2d wrote:

Yes mate I did, nick must have misjudged the brakes or I braked too early and he got me from behind damaging my aero quite a bit

johnnyboy360

Number of posts : 1287
Registration date : 2010-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Senna Mon 7 Feb 2011 - 18:10

Why didnt you just restart?
CQR Senna
CQR Senna

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnyboy360 Mon 7 Feb 2011 - 18:16

Read what I wrote earlier... No one listened!

johnnyboy360

Number of posts : 1287
Registration date : 2010-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Senna Mon 7 Feb 2011 - 18:24

Sorry mayby i should listen too Smile Thats bad it wouldnt of hurt to restart the race, Sorry to hear that mate.
CQR Senna
CQR Senna

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Mon 7 Feb 2011 - 19:16

johnnyboy360 wrote:
PLOW Berty2d wrote:

Yes mate I did, nick must have misjudged the brakes or I braked too early and he got me from behind damaging my aero quite a bit

PLOW Berty2d wrote:Why didnt you just restart?

johnnyboy360 wrote:Read what I wrote earlier... No one listened!

PLOW Berty2d wrote:Sorry mayby i should listen too Smile Thats bad it wouldnt of hurt to restart the race, Sorry to hear that mate.

Its will now be written in the rules that there will be up to 3 restarts if anything happens in the parade lap. I am sorry that this does not help what happened last night and this was something that was not bought up before it happened last night as a 'what if'.
JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Mon 7 Feb 2011 - 19:35

I called a restart, nobody seemed to hear me, blatantly ignored me, and went on with the start of the race.
nickyf1
nickyf1

TORA Race Number : 271
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 10770
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Mon 7 Feb 2011 - 20:35

Im not saying you didnt nicky but it is now in the rules for it
JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Mon 7 Feb 2011 - 20:54

You were not ignored Nicky, I heard you and replied. I know it was inflexible of me, but I followed the TORA stance which has been held for longer than I've been here - that of "no restarts". I said as much in the lobby at the time.
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by lfcnicklfc Mon 7 Feb 2011 - 21:37

well that's a complete joke with no restarts any more! Just because it'll take two minutes longer to run the event when we only get qualifying invites at 8:05 and we don't start until 8:15! When a crash happens before the race haseven started there should be no problem what so ever in just restarting, frankly it's a joke that there are no restarts anymore.
lfcnicklfc
lfcnicklfc

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Mon 7 Feb 2011 - 21:44

I'm sorry but you've lost me a little. There haven't been restarts in at least a year - since before I started racing anyway, and what we're saying now is that this has been looked at, addressed, and pre-start incidents will get a restart up to 3 times. Once the race is under way, there won't be a restart (otherwise people will not use caution into turn 1).

Before you start jumping on me/other staff for being harsh/evil/stupid, remember that it was careless/thoughtless driving that caused the incident to begin with. Lag incidents are another thing altogether.
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by lfcnicklfc Mon 7 Feb 2011 - 21:48

johnnyboy360 wrote:
nickyf1 wrote:I feel like complete crap for damaging Johnnyboy on the parade lap, and nobody can be bothered to even listen to call a restart.

I'm sorry Johnny, really Sad

Nicky, don't worry about it, I mean it would have been completely different if a)Duncan wasn't there as I feel Chris was trying to not mess up whereas usually he would do a restart and b) if people had listened

I felt like I wanted to quit the race as all you heard throughout the race was Chris moaning like hell... I really wanted to say something but I thought no I won't as it will only make things worse. It would have been completely different of someone else got damage... I have been practicing for ages trying to get the car right and then when someone crashes into me on the parade lap, I get told to lump it. And I'm afraid to say if Chris carries on his "I dont care about anyone else cos I'm so annoyed about little changes in the rules" attitude, then people are gonna quit the whole of TORA and move to IFCA or someone like that, I was really thinking about it during the race...

The incident happend on the parade lap so why not restart...
lfcnicklfc
lfcnicklfc

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Mon 7 Feb 2011 - 22:04

What would happen if there was an incident on the restarted parade lap, and again, and again? You yourself already commented on the lateness of the race start.

In regards to that comment, we do endeavour to start as quickly as possible, and pre-plan as much as we can. However, we have to do a certain amount on the night, as it's no good us pre-arranging lobbies for people who don't turn up on the night, or turn up late, or can't connect to someone else in the lobby etc. There are always issues, every single race, and we do our best to get everything set up as quickly as possible. The only way to start dead on 8pm would be to make everyone be online for 7.30, because whatever happens, there will be some element of waiting for things to come together, stragglers to arrive, people who can't connect to reset, then still can't connect, reset again, try a different lobby, shout a lot, sigh, post a rant on the forum etc.
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by lfcnicklfc Mon 7 Feb 2011 - 22:07

Then why not just give one restart and give everyone a warning saying we won't restart again it's not difficult, and yeah i know that people often have connection issues etc, but when invites are being sent out at 8:05 when we're ready and waiting on Forza it's not acceptable, lobbies need to be set up before 8:00 also the invites need to be sent before 8:00 so that people are atleast in the lobby and waiting.
lfcnicklfc
lfcnicklfc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next