TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
 GTC Meeting 3 Discussion Thread – Silverstone (International Circuit) - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
 GTC Meeting 3 Discussion Thread – Silverstone (International Circuit) - Page 3 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
 GTC Meeting 3 Discussion Thread – Silverstone (International Circuit) - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
 GTC Meeting 3 Discussion Thread – Silverstone (International Circuit) - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
 GTC Meeting 3 Discussion Thread – Silverstone (International Circuit) - Page 3 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
 GTC Meeting 3 Discussion Thread – Silverstone (International Circuit) - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
 GTC Meeting 3 Discussion Thread – Silverstone (International Circuit) - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
 GTC Meeting 3 Discussion Thread – Silverstone (International Circuit) - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
 GTC Meeting 3 Discussion Thread – Silverstone (International Circuit) - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

GTC Meeting 3 Discussion Thread – Silverstone (International Circuit)

+14
CQR Aero
garyp3398
Biggsy tv
HCR generaltso
AMR of the Apex
Matt
i redbeard
lfcnicklfc
nickyf1
LMR DarthMario
Ax4x Chaddy
johnnyboy360
ATR DAN
JAMIE ANDERS0N
18 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

GTC Meeting 3 Discussion Thread – Silverstone (International Circuit) - Page 3 Empty Re: GTC Meeting 3 Discussion Thread – Silverstone (International Circuit)

Post by CQR Aero Mon 7 Feb 2011 - 22:13

...and the people that turn up AT 8pm and screw the lobby arrangements up??? Do we move from one "being too harsh" rule to another - "turn up at or after 8pm and you can't race"?
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

TORA Race Number : 80
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6084
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.chrissiddallmusic.com

Back to top Go down

GTC Meeting 3 Discussion Thread – Silverstone (International Circuit) - Page 3 Empty Re: GTC Meeting 3 Discussion Thread – Silverstone (International Circuit)

Post by lfcnicklfc Mon 7 Feb 2011 - 22:16

i never said start it at 8, just make sure that everything's set up at 8 and give a cut off time for 5-10 past maybe before the lobby starts for qualifying?? Just make sure that the lobbies are set up earlier it's not hard!
lfcnicklfc
lfcnicklfc

TORA Race Number : 11
Number of posts : 3589
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Mon 7 Feb 2011 - 22:33

If it's not hard, you try it! We put in a ton of time and effort, and put up with a lot of grief in return. I'm reaching breaking point here. Time for someone else to step in.
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

TORA Race Number : 80
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6084
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.chrissiddallmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Mon 7 Feb 2011 - 22:34

Ok nick if you look at Live Timing right now it is set up for tomorrow night already and has been since last night. We just like to get as many people racing as possible, last night there was connection issues which slowed things down for the quily then for the race, the problem I feel maybe is the waiting around in the lobby, I have been doing sometimes letting a practice go, turn the end condition off and then calling everyone back when we ready. Yes last night did start late and we are all sorry for that and maybe the next thing is at 8:10 quily starts no matter what problems there are? but we will get complaints about that Im sure of someone just restarting there router.
JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

TORA Race Number : 76
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6805
Registration date : 2008-10-19

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Senna Tue 8 Feb 2011 - 8:19

Chris wrote:...and the people that turn up AT 8pm and screw the lobby arrangements up??? Do we move from one "being too harsh" rule to another - "turn up at or after 8pm and you can't race"?

Sorry but i have to agree with Nick its not hard to have the lobbies ready before 8pm and i HAVE done it before for two different racing sites. If people arent there on time whose thought is that? Not the people that are sitting around waiting so why not just get people in lobbies before 8? We can wait around for people all night to quali but an accident on the parade lap and they get told to lump it. This is the only thing that annoys me and i actually think you guys do a good job. Even the car PI's are ALOT closer this year so good work.
CQR Senna
CQR Senna

Number of posts : 513
Registration date : 2010-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Tue 8 Feb 2011 - 8:24

Cheers Berty,

Thats cool, yea I know waiting can be annoying etc, we will try to be a lot more slick tonight.

Yea this year cars are so much closer, been great so far cheers all Smile

What I would suggest is that every 1 checks there NAT settings are open once they log onto xbox live, saves hassel in router issues Smile

See you all 2night

CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Tue 8 Feb 2011 - 9:02

If your qualifying lobbies were predetermined and the same week in and week out you would already know who couldn't connect to who and could adjust the couple of people to another room permanently. It wouldn't be a guessing game every week. If a lobby only has 3 people because others no show then it only has 3 people that week. Resetting lobbies every week is making things harder than they have to be. All invites sent out 5 minutes before qualifying and the thing starts no later than 8:10 with or without the people. It's their own fault if they are not there. If they show up late and still want to race start them in the back of the last lobby.
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

TORA Race Number : 750
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1797
Registration date : 2011-01-10

http://teamgizmo.net

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Tue 8 Feb 2011 - 9:43

Worm have you dropped out of all races or just the GTC?
JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Tue 8 Feb 2011 - 9:48

GTC
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Tue 8 Feb 2011 - 9:55

Im glad to hear that you have not left all of TORA. Im sure tongiht will be better.
JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Tue 8 Feb 2011 - 10:05

Nah I just left GTC. My complaint was on a track change that a few people wanted. Doesn't affect the other series. I will say the argument "we've always done things this way" to dismiss suggestions is tiring though. At least give everyones suggestions thought. I see a lot of good ones from people trying to make things even more enjoyable than they already are. I make mine because I care and I think they'll help things improve as I'm sure others do.
Just beacuse something has been done one way forever doesn't make it the best option ya know?
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Tue 8 Feb 2011 - 10:52

Hey Worm,

Thats cool dude, we always will and we do listen to our community, well if we didnt listen to our community then it would just end up been staff racing in 1 lobby..... that wouldnt really work.

Please keep suggestions coming and remember to contact TORA community team or Staff with your ideas.

Thanks all

Duncan
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by GTR Evoluzione Tue 8 Feb 2011 - 12:35

VVV worm wrote:If your qualifying lobbies were predetermined and the same week in and week out you would already know who couldn't connect to who and could adjust the couple of people to another room permanently. It wouldn't be a guessing game every week. If a lobby only has 3 people because others no show then it only has 3 people that week. Resetting lobbies every week is making things harder than they have to be. All invites sent out 5 minutes before qualifying and the thing starts no later than 8:10 with or without the people. It's their own fault if they are not there. If they show up late and still want to race start them in the back of the last lobby.

I'm liking this idea.. we have an entry list, we could assign qualifying lobbies

its up to me to get to my lobby and check i have an open NAT etc etc..

0800 lobby opens and requests go out..
0810 qualifying starts..
not on time - back of the grid.

too much time spent getting people to join..
GTR Evoluzione
GTR Evoluzione

Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2009-06-09

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8433988@N08/

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Tue 8 Feb 2011 - 13:04

GTR Evoluzione wrote:
VVV worm wrote:If your qualifying lobbies were predetermined and the same week in and week out you would already know who couldn't connect to who and could adjust the couple of people to another room permanently. It wouldn't be a guessing game every week. If a lobby only has 3 people because others no show then it only has 3 people that week. Resetting lobbies every week is making things harder than they have to be. All invites sent out 5 minutes before qualifying and the thing starts no later than 8:10 with or without the people. It's their own fault if they are not there. If they show up late and still want to race start them in the back of the last lobby.

I'm liking this idea.. we have an entry list, we could assign qualifying lobbies

its up to me to get to my lobby and check i have an open NAT etc etc..

0800 lobby opens and requests go out..
0810 qualifying starts..
not on time - back of the grid.

too much time spent getting people to join..

Well right now on live timing is tonights race with the lobbies, so right now I can tell you that in my lobby I have

Chucky 1982
SMR Baby Jet
AoD iReap3rz (not racing)
Fluffy Of Relic (RROD)
tcerialre
FranchittiFan (hopefully with a new router)
jenson09 (hopefully to complate the sprint race)
JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Sun 13 Feb 2011 - 9:47

I was just wacthing back the replay of this race, and just took this pic of me passing louis after him and crisis nine had a running in together, I'm sure my wing mirror goes under his rear wing

GTC Meeting 3 Discussion Thread – Silverstone (International Circuit) - Page 3 5441243030_8af8d4235c_z
Forza30 by Chucky 1982, on Flickr
JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by GTR Evoluzione Sun 13 Feb 2011 - 12:30

Chucky 1982 wrote:I was just wacthing back the replay of this race, and just took this pic of me passing louis after him and crisis nine had a running in together, I'm sure my wing mirror goes under his rear wing

GTC Meeting 3 Discussion Thread – Silverstone (International Circuit) - Page 3 5441243030_8af8d4235c_z
Forza30 by Chucky 1982, on Flickr

GTR Evo: I ain't goin' on no Ferrari!
Chucky: I'm a bird! I'm a plane! I'm a choo-choo train!

GTR Evoluzione
GTR Evoluzione

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Sun 13 Feb 2011 - 13:15

GTR Evoluzione wrote:
GTR Evo: I ain't goin' on no Ferrari!
Chucky: I'm a bird! I'm a plane! I'm a choo-choo train!

What!?!?!? is there something I have missed???
JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by GTR Evoluzione Sun 13 Feb 2011 - 13:28

I just think these near misses must have some mental effect on you.. It was in the style of a-team.. Me as BA and you as Murdoch.

But I'll be in a Ferrari... A nice shiny black one. Just no eyes on mine.
GTR Evoluzione
GTR Evoluzione

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Sun 13 Feb 2011 - 13:39

Ah Ive not seen A team, ah dont you like my eyes lol. Yeah me in ferrari at silverstone get me some close calls
JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3