TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Suggestion box - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Suggestion box - Page 3 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Suggestion box - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Suggestion box - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Suggestion box - Page 3 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Suggestion box - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Suggestion box - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Suggestion box - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Suggestion box - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Suggestion box

+27
ATP Rage
Whos TabmaN
Hainesy
LMR DarthMario
HCR ChicaiN
CQR SPiDeRzZ
Ax4x Chaddy
CRA Project182R
Ax4x Mikey J
CQR Aero
Robthegr8
Mandown46
Duke of Bruno
BAM Python
F4H Bullet
CQR Rogue
Wooflers
ShrinkingSteven
IRT YT RICE
RR BodyRollin
CQR Senna
Richy59
HCR generaltso
AAR ABEnstein
RumbleBee 392
drwfan99
Radiation Louis
31 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Suggestion box - Page 3 Empty Re: Suggestion box

Post by CQR SPiDeRzZ Tue 14 Aug 2012 - 14:40

SelectiveRogue wrote:all classes every lobby drivers need to learn

Having all the classes in a lobby makes the race, a whole lot more entertaining.
CQR SPiDeRzZ
CQR SPiDeRzZ

TORA Race Number : 136
Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2012-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Tue 14 Aug 2012 - 15:08

Yep its whole point of multiclass racing

Anything else is just spec series racing
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ShrinkingSteven Tue 14 Aug 2012 - 21:28

OcR Project239X wrote:
CQR Senna wrote:The lobby chat should be for The lapping traffic not for random conversation. On more than one occasion I was shouting over 3 or 4 people to call out the passes.

I'm on the same page as Senna here, after qualifying for D lobby at Sunset Peninsula I muted 3 drivers from the same car club because it was so distracting, I know other racers in the lobby who muted the same people for this reason. I'm glad I did because during the race I kept seeing the names pop up all the way through which would of really cooked my noddle for 1hr 15mins if I hadn't.

Hey I hold my hand up to being one of those people you muted. The other two guys it was there first ISCC race and they didnt know what to expect as there were nervous ect. I'm not normally that loud but I was trying to explain rule ect again to them as they didnt understand.

But apart from that I wasnt talking only to Hainsey (excuse spelling) when he passed me.
Sorry for being loud I truly am as I share the same views on trash talking in lobbies. Cheers
ShrinkingSteven
ShrinkingSteven

TORA Race Number : 8
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2012-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR ChicaiN Tue 14 Aug 2012 - 21:35

I have a suggestion for race distances. I've noticed that even though you beat someone by 4,000ft you still get credited for the same distance. I also realize a new system has been implemented to account for the time it takes to finish your last lap. That seems to be causing many people to have the same distances and points. This could easily be fixed with each track having preselected segments A,B,C etc. You stop when the time is up and give the lobby host your distance and segment location. You couldn't cheat the system at the alloted stop time because people would see your distance continue to roll. Creating the segments would be easy, divide tracks up by half mile segments and note them on a 2D image of the track in the weekly race thread. Then...one could actually beat someone else by less than a half mile and get credit for it.

example:

Suggestion box - Page 3 144a8zk

HCR ChicaiN

TORA Race Number : 359
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2012-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Bullet Tue 14 Aug 2012 - 23:03

The ISCC is appealing because of multi class and should stay multi class. Its supposed to emulate Le Mans style racing, which is different classes racing on the same track.

I still think splitting up classes, (LMP1/GTE - LMP2/GTC) would be the best idea. Look at how exciting and busy the 24 Hour race was just a few weeks ago. LMP1 and GTE only. The LMP1's had 6 cars in a lobby and GTE had 10 and I think it made for great racing as the cars where battling over the 2 hour stints.

Just something the orginizers might want to try out for one race meeting and see how that goes.

On the subject of passing cars, I think people should just excercise more caution and show more respect when passing. Just my 2 cents.
F4H Bullet
F4H Bullet

TORA Race Number : 15
Number of posts : 871
Registration date : 2011-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiation Louis Tue 14 Aug 2012 - 23:20

i think we're going to try that lobby split next race bullet, people seem to be very keen on wanting to try that
Radiation Louis
Radiation Louis

TORA Race Number : 61
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 5111
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooflers Wed 15 Aug 2012 - 18:56

Bloodycain: It's one of those things where it could be useful but FM4 just doesn't have the facilities. I reckon it's also a bit too complicated :/ Sorry
Wooflers
Wooflers

TORA Race Number : 740
Number of posts : 2026
Registration date : 2011-12-04

http://www.koneball.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR ChicaiN Wed 15 Aug 2012 - 22:14

Bli33ard wrote:Bloodycain: It's one of those things where it could be useful but FM4 just doesn't have the facilities. I reckon it's also a bit too complicated :/ Sorry

I brought this up because I did this in another series I ran a while back. It wasn't complicated at all and worked really well. No biggie...just an idea.

HCR ChicaiN

TORA Race Number : 359
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2012-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by CRA Project182R Fri 17 Aug 2012 - 1:54

F4H Bullet wrote:The ISCC is appealing because of multi class and should stay multi class. Its supposed to emulate Le Mans style racing, which is different classes racing on the same track.

I still think splitting up classes, (LMP1/GTE - LMP2/GTC) would be the best idea. Look at how exciting and busy the 24 Hour race was just a few weeks ago. LMP1 and GTE only. The LMP1's had 6 cars in a lobby and GTE had 10 and I think it made for great racing as the cars where battling over the 2 hour stints.

Just something the orginizers might want to try out for one race meeting and see how that goes.

On the subject of passing cars, I think people should just excercise more caution and show more respect when passing. Just my 2 cents.

The more I read this guy's posts....the more I like him Smile Completely agree, Le Mans was epic with the two classes.

Moving onto a new one for the suggestion box........Could a set script / driver brief be written for the lobby hosts to read off in the lobby prior to a race to include; parade lap procedure including parade lap speed, pit windows, if subject to 100% damage message your mileage to the lobby host rather than attempting to read it out in the race. Please keep in-game comms to a minimum, rather than announcing the damage percentage on your car every two mins etc...........

I know the easy answer is "You should know this because you've read the rules", well I have but there seems to be a large number of people who haven't and the questions run into the 1st ten minutes of the race. "When is 25 minutes up?" "What time will officially be the end of the race?"

This isn't a criticism, Just an idea?
CRA Project182R
CRA Project182R

TORA Race Number : 782
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2009-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by CRA Project182R Fri 17 Aug 2012 - 1:58

I'd also be happy to write it, or help write it if that helps you guys?

I'm not thinking of war and peace, just a couple of paragraphs to cover off the key detail.
CRA Project182R
CRA Project182R

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiation Louis Fri 17 Aug 2012 - 2:14

OcR Project239X wrote:
F4H Bullet wrote:The ISCC is appealing because of multi class and should stay multi class. Its supposed to emulate Le Mans style racing, which is different classes racing on the same track.

The more I read this guy's posts....the more I like him Smile Completely agree, Le Mans was epic with the two classes.

Moving onto a new one for the suggestion box........Could a set script / driver brief be written for the lobby hosts to read off in the lobby prior to a race to include; parade lap procedure including parade lap speed, pit windows, if subject to 100% damage message your mileage to the lobby host rather than attempting to read it out in the race. Please keep in-game comms to a minimum, rather than announcing the damage percentage on your car every two mins etc...........

I know the easy answer is "You should know this because you've read the rules", well I have but there seems to be a large number of people who haven't and the questions run into the 1st ten minutes of the race. "When is 25 minutes up?" "What time will officially be the end of the race?"

This isn't a criticism, Just an idea?

i do exactly this with my lobbies and i still get a few questions. granted if i didn't do this i would get a lot more but yes we should make it where the hosts do this before we launch the race.
Radiation Louis
Radiation Louis

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR DarthMario Fri 17 Aug 2012 - 3:28

i do the best i can to go over the rules real briefly. wether im hosting for GT, ISCC, or TASCAR
LMR DarthMario
LMR DarthMario

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 8184
Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Hainesy Fri 17 Aug 2012 - 14:50

OcR Project239X wrote:I'd also be happy to write it, or help write it if that helps you guys?

I'm not thinking of war and peace, just a couple of paragraphs to cover off the key detail.
Thats not actually a bad idea, a set "script" so that every driver gets the same info regardless of lobby. Have to be pretty short though so the lobby hosts can get on with organising the start of the race ie speeds, when to bunch up etc
Hainesy
Hainesy

TORA Race Number : 446
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1618
Registration date : 2012-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by CRA Project182R Fri 17 Aug 2012 - 14:57

BG Hainesy wrote:
OcR Project239X wrote:I'd also be happy to write it, or help write it if that helps you guys?

Thats not actually a bad idea, a set "script" so that every driver gets the same info regardless of lobby. Have to be pretty short though so the lobby hosts can get on with organising the start of the race ie speeds, when to bunch up etc

Yeah, that's what I was trying to get across Hainesy, I'm rubbish when it comes to trying to put things into text and you manage to get straight to it with two lines Very Happy

It took me ages to try and word it so that I didn't sound rude or ungrateful (hopefully it didn't come across as that).
CRA Project182R
CRA Project182R

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by CRA Project182R Fri 17 Aug 2012 - 15:00

Rollin InAn STi wrote:i do the best i can to go over the rules real briefly. wether im hosting for GT, ISCC, or TASCAR

and a mighty fine job you do too sir (from experience).

The first week I raced (ISCC Sebring) I understand it was a "stand in" host who did a great job but no brief was given about the parade lap procedure or speed limit etc. If we had a set script it wouldn't mater if it was a "stand in" host because it could be emailed to all hosts and that way everybody would have the same brief.
CRA Project182R
CRA Project182R

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Hainesy Fri 17 Aug 2012 - 15:13

Gets my vote and think we should run with it.
Hainesy
Hainesy

TORA Race Number : 446
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1618
Registration date : 2012-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by CRA Project182R Tue 28 Aug 2012 - 14:14

Apologies for not getting anything to you yet guys, I had a motocross race last weekend and a full engine rebuild to do in the week in order to be ready on time. I'm riding this Saturday as well, so I will try and get this done for you by Sunday morning Smile
CRA Project182R
CRA Project182R

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by CRA Project182R Tue 28 Aug 2012 - 15:09

Thinking on...........Just browsing through the championship standing in various tournaments there are a number of drivers who sign up for events occupying a car and then never actually turn up. Could some sort of register be formed for these guys, or those that appear for one or two races and then fail to attend?

(I mean serial offenders, not people who miss an event for unforeseen circumstances)

Then when signing up for new events a rule made stating any driver appearing on this register will only be granted their car choice (if still available) after all other applications have been processed.

To make this simple for the organisers a 'VLOOKUP' could be written to make it an automated process when allocating cars.

CRA Project182R
CRA Project182R

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by CRA Project182R Tue 28 Aug 2012 - 15:54

Please see below what I was thinking, I know it looks like War & Peace but I've read through it a couple of times and I think the host can read through this in 1.5 - 2 minutes tops. Obviously the event organisers will need to agree on the points marked X before the event. This is also by no means exhaustive but I think it covers off the key points and hopefully will make things easier for the TORA guys. I'm open to Suggestions......

Welcome to Lobby A of Round XX of the TORA XXXX Championship, I am Inspector Gadget and I will be host of lobby A tonight, in the unlikely event that I lag out this role will be assumed by Harold Shipman.

This is a short brief to cover off the key areas to ensure tonight's event runs smoothly please listen carefully. If you have any questions please wait until the end of the brief and I will do my best to answer these.

The first lap will be a parade lap for which the speed limit will be XXXmph whilst all cars manouvre into position, followed by a rolling start.

Host then asks "Bob you are on pole position, which side of the grid would you like to start on?"

Bob say's "Right side please host"

Competitors, all odd numbers will start on the left and all even will start on the right. Tonight's order is as follows;

1st Bob
2nd Bob's Brother
3rd Bob's Sister
4th etc etc

Once your in the correct position all competitors are to follow round in single file maintaining a safe distance to the car in front, there is to be NO brake testing during the parade lap, weaving is permitted to heat tyres. On approach to the final corner all cars are to assume grid formation (side by side in pairs).

Once through the final corner Bob at a time of his own discretion which MUST be before the start / finish line will countdown loudly "3-2-1 Go Go Go". Competitors are not to overtake until they have crossed the start / finish line.

There are two mandatory pitstops in this event, the first MUST be taken within the first 25 minutes of the race, this evening this will be XX minutes, the second must be taken after XX minutes but before the last two laps of the race. Yes extra pitstops can be made to repair damage but a second pitstop within the first 25 minutes will NOT count.

This is a multiclass event and as such it is your responsibility to be aware of what is happening behind you aswell as in front. If you are a car being lapped you MUST maintain your normal racing line. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE DEVIATE FROM YOUR NORMAL LINE TO ALLOW THE CAR TO PASS. The competitor will pass you when a safe opportunity arises.

If you lag out or suffer damage sufficient to force you to withdraw from the event please message your mileage to me the host over XBL once you have left the lobby. To avoid distracting myself and the other competitors please do not attempt to communicate this verbally during the race.

If you are unfortunate enough to be involved in a collision with another competitor and feel this requires investigation please follow the Stewards Inquiry process as outlined on the TORA website. For the sake of others do not attempt to discuss or portion blame whilst the race is in progress.

Once XX minutes is reached you are to finish the lap you are on recording the time you cross the line and your mileage and meet myself at point XXXXXXX with all other competitors. I will then request by GT your mileage and time for submitting into the final results. Once all of these are recorded It is then up to you if you wish to wait until the end timer to claim your credits.
CRA Project182R
CRA Project182R

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Tue 28 Aug 2012 - 16:08

Cheers dude great idea although lobby hosts should be doing this as per normal.

We will make sure all lobby hosts say this and explain in full etc
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by CRA Project182R Tue 28 Aug 2012 - 16:16

SelectiveRogue wrote:Cheers dude great idea although lobby hosts should be doing this as per normal.

We will make sure all lobby hosts say this and explain in full etc

Thanks mate - I neglected to include an important one, see below;

In Game Comms - In game comms are to be kept to minimum to avoid distracting fellow competitors. It is optional to make known your position or intention when making a pass out of courtesy but this does not mean the car your passing should yield to your advance. It is at the discretion of your competitor if he / she should decide to defend their position at any point during this advance.
CRA Project182R
CRA Project182R

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiation Louis Sun 2 Sep 2012 - 20:36

just to let everyone know, the staff have decided to give the 2 classes per lobby (as previously discussed in this thread) we will have an exhibition race to test this! this way no ones points are effected and if it works there we'll impliment it into the series. we felt this was the best way with out it effecting the drivers points
Radiation Louis
Radiation Louis

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos TabmaN Sun 2 Sep 2012 - 20:44

So if all goes well with the 2 per lobby, it would be in effect for next race, right? Not todays race thats in about 20 minutes.
Whos TabmaN
Whos TabmaN

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2012-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Sun 2 Sep 2012 - 20:46

No the staff have yet to make any decision regarding 2 classes per lobby every sports car series we have ran has 3 -4 classes in each lobby since forza 2

We will get a test event going see what people reaction is plus our input etc
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by ATP Rage Sun 2 Sep 2012 - 23:33

Can we get rid of the roll-off delay for the race itself? Not sure what the point is, and we in GTC had a really hard time getting back up to the field before the front straight. Realize it is a bit of a short track, but it doesn't seem necessary outside of qualifying.
ATP Rage
ATP Rage

TORA Race Number : 337
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2012-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next