TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
MSA TORA ISCC Season 5 - General Discussion (part 2 use) - Page 9 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
MSA TORA ISCC Season 5 - General Discussion (part 2 use) - Page 9 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
MSA TORA ISCC Season 5 - General Discussion (part 2 use) - Page 9 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
MSA TORA ISCC Season 5 - General Discussion (part 2 use) - Page 9 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
MSA TORA ISCC Season 5 - General Discussion (part 2 use) - Page 9 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
MSA TORA ISCC Season 5 - General Discussion (part 2 use) - Page 9 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
MSA TORA ISCC Season 5 - General Discussion (part 2 use) - Page 9 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
MSA TORA ISCC Season 5 - General Discussion (part 2 use) - Page 9 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
MSA TORA ISCC Season 5 - General Discussion (part 2 use) - Page 9 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

MSA TORA ISCC Season 5 - General Discussion (part 2 use)

+61
LMR BlackHawk
Adder 020
SimF40
ll Taku ll
Demo Marksman
TG Wormburner
Richy59
TLR Scrublord
Velox Canadian
Biggsy tv
CRA XenoMorph
LZR Harmonic
LMR IMPREZA
Ax4x Kane
Matt
CQR Myles
XPR Roadrunner
BAM Python
JAMIE ANDERS0N
rainonef1
Texaspotatolord
IRT YT RICE
JOSHSIGGY
RW26 BLAZE
AAR ABEnstein
SideExitSupra
AdamWatson99
LMP Phantom
henkymetcola
SFM Benedict
Ax4x Cowboy
Ax4x Mikey J
HCR Motorhead
HCR Bellmond
XPR Moontower
SorrySmithy
Ax4x Chaddy
CQR Rogue
CRA Project182R
Pidge107
Ax4x Bandit
ScoobyDoobieDoo
LastNewtStandin
ART Carrera
LMR Zakspeed
ShrinkingSteven
LMR DarthMario
xVampirAx
CQR Aero
Turbo Power 77
II AntR II
BG Wumba
F4H Lotterer
Beanz
CreamyTastey
Hainesy
TweekPunx
Dragonsyoung
The Posimosh
HCR generaltso
LMR Deftone MX
65 posters

Page 9 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Go down

MSA TORA ISCC Season 5 - General Discussion (part 2 use) - Page 9 Empty Re: MSA TORA ISCC Season 5 - General Discussion (part 2 use)

Post by HCR generaltso Mon 21 Oct 2013 - 6:37

it seems that my internet has decided to ritualistically drop connection at 9pm BST every single sunday.

so this means that i am out for the rest of the season. had some good racing. and hopefully will get this sorted out and back with an xbox one.

good luck to the rest of the lmpc guys and the rest of the competitors
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

TORA Race Number : 12
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 5771
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

MSA TORA ISCC Season 5 - General Discussion (part 2 use) - Page 9 Empty Re: MSA TORA ISCC Season 5 - General Discussion (part 2 use)

Post by CQR Aero Mon 21 Oct 2013 - 9:11

The Bulin Wall5 wrote:Ah I see the issue now. Whoever calculated my distance subtracted from my CURRENT mile marker instead of the NEXT one. I was about a thousand feet away from 164, which should put me at 163.8, not 162.8. As a result of this, EVERY car lost a mile in A lobby... Please correct the results ASAP.
I have requested the raw data again from the respective hosts and will take a look at the distances again tonight.

Last edited by CQR Aero on Mon 21 Oct 2013 - 10:03; edited 2 times in total
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

TORA Race Number : 80
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6084
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.chrissiddallmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Bellmond Mon 21 Oct 2013 - 9:51

Gutted gutted gutted!!! Lost the points lead in LMPC!! Had a tough few rounds need some luck in the last 2 :/
HCR Bellmond
HCR Bellmond

TORA Race Number : 35
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1984
Registration date : 2012-08-02

http://happycatracing.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by LZR Harmonic Mon 21 Oct 2013 - 14:10

YMGR Bellmond wrote:Gutted gutted gutted!!! Lost the points lead in LMPC!! Had a tough few rounds need some luck in the last 2 :/
If tunes are any trouble for you, message me on Live and I'll see if I can help out.
LZR Harmonic
LZR Harmonic

TORA Race Number : 273
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 1119
Registration date : 2013-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Bellmond Mon 21 Oct 2013 - 14:12

Would appreciate it bullin!! Cheers mate!! That with a lump of luck and i might have a chance!!
HCR Bellmond
HCR Bellmond

TORA Race Number : 35
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1984
Registration date : 2012-08-02

http://happycatracing.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Mon 21 Oct 2013 - 15:25

The Bulin Wall5 wrote:Ah I see the issue now. Whoever calculated my distance subtracted from my CURRENT mile marker instead of the NEXT one. I was about a thousand feet away from 164, which should put me at 163.8, not 162.8. As a result of this, EVERY car lost a mile in A lobby... Please correct the results ASAP.
OK so here are the results given for Lobby A by LMR WARSPITE.

Bulin - finishing mileage = 162mi
Claim - distance behind in feet 4280

Bulin moves up to 163 miles, distance to Claim becomes 5314 ft

Difference between distances = 5314-4280 = 1034 ft

To get Bulin's true distance in feet convert the "distance moved up to" (163 miles) to feet (163 x 5280 = 860640) minus the above difference (860640 - 1034 = 859606).

This means that the distance was originally calculated correctly given the information received.

I know that this is 1 mile less than what you are claiming, but I can only go by what I am told by the host, unless others can verify that the finishing distance (not the distance moved up to) was 163, I can't go on comments such as "Bulin is a faster driver than Aero180 so therefore it MUST be wrong" (paraphrasing Rainonef1's PM).
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Myles Mon 21 Oct 2013 - 15:32

My points were added to my LMPC total instead of GTE
CQR Myles
CQR Myles

TORA Race Number : 226
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1274
Registration date : 2013-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Mon 21 Oct 2013 - 15:48

MYLES PR0WER wrote:My points were added to my LMPC total instead of GTE
Thanks for the heads up. Fixed.
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by II AntR II Mon 21 Oct 2013 - 16:23

Good Racing in Lobby B! Very clean and tidy.
II AntR II
II AntR II

TORA Race Number : 870
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2013-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post by rainonef1 Mon 21 Oct 2013 - 16:43

CQR Aero wrote:I can't go on comments such as "Bulin is a faster driver than Aero180 so therefore it MUST be wrong" (paraphrasing Rainonef1's PM).
First off, there is a reason why it's called a private message...and the sentence you put in quotes isn't what I said, so please don't put words in my mouth again.  I did say that with a 20 second delay (really 14 corrected by Aero) that beating Bulin isn't possible.  I never said the results MUST be wrong, all I wanted you to do is and I quote myself, "Something needs to be reviewed here...".

So gathering the results from what is claimed shouldn't be the end of this predicament.  My opinion is to watch the reply and see if the results claimed are correct.  Once that is confirmed whether the results are correct or not, then this case should be closed.
rainonef1
rainonef1

TORA Race Number : 204
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2013-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Texaspotatolord Mon 21 Oct 2013 - 17:16

So aero finishing on the hairpin before the back straight and Bullin finishing on the back straight equals aero doing more?

Texaspotatolord

TORA Race Number : 597
Number of posts : 546
Registration date : 2013-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post by BG Wumba Mon 21 Oct 2013 - 17:25

Aero can only go on the data given, I was away at the time after I gave my results in but did Bullin go to the next mile marker and then give the data to Warspite, because if he didn't then there is nothing anyone can do about it as we are just guessing/estimating from then onwards.
BG Wumba
BG Wumba

TORA Race Number : 43
Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Kane Mon 21 Oct 2013 - 17:52

I can only applaud CQR Aero for putting up with all this.
Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Number of posts : 3148
Registration date : 2011-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Mon 21 Oct 2013 - 18:17

rainonef1 wrote:
CQR Aero wrote:I can't go on comments such as "Bulin is a faster driver than Aero180 so therefore it MUST be wrong" (paraphrasing Rainonef1's PM).
First off, there is a reason why it's called a private message...and the sentence you put in quotes isn't what I said, so please don't put words in my mouth again.  I did say that with a 20 second delay (really 14 corrected by Aero) that beating Bulin isn't possible.  I never said the results MUST be wrong, all I wanted you to do is and I quote myself, "Something needs to be reviewed here...".

So gathering the results from what is claimed shouldn't be the end of this predicament.  My opinion is to watch the reply and see if the results claimed are correct.  Once that is confirmed whether the results are correct or not, then this case should be closed.
I don't want to sound like I'm bashing you here, but to correct you again, it's a 16 second penalty for the fifth lobby (as I said in my PM), A = 0, B = 4, C = 8, D = 12, E = 16 and so on.

Secondly "paraphrasing" means:

paraphrase
/ˈparəfreɪz/

verb

gerund or present participle: paraphrasing

1. express the meaning of (something written or spoken) using different words, especially to achieve greater clarity.

"you can either quote or paraphrase literary texts"

synonyms: reword, rephrase, put/express in other words, put/express in one's own words, express differently, rewrite, rescript, restate, rehash, interpret
Ironically you reinforce my point ("the results must be wrong") by saying "beating Bulin isn't possible".

I have no problem looking at perceived errors and either correcting them where necessary or explaining why things are the way they are and why they're not being changed.  It's possible to flag things in such a way that they're a 'request to take a second look' though, rather than having a "this needs fixing coz you messed up" tone.

With regards to watching a replay, I'm afraid that won't work. Forza 4 replays only last just over 25mins (hence the first pit window).

Last edited by CQR Aero on Mon 21 Oct 2013 - 18:21; edited 1 time in total
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Oct 2013 - 18:19

BG Wumba wrote: Aero can only go on the data given, I was away at the time after I gave my results in but did Bullin go to the next mile marker and then give the data to Warspite, because if he didn't then there is nothing anyone can do about it as we are just guessing/estimating from then onwards.
Yes we did haha, I just need to learn how to convert the distances myself so the blame doesn't go to Aero just for helping me.

Was a tough night last night, we had to scramble for an extra host and he himself had to order the grid before he was able to start in his own race.

Give him some credit at least, it's not an easy job, and if he is defending the work he does then I can't complain because a small error is made and we have already announced it will be reviewed and looked at.

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Mon 21 Oct 2013 - 18:25

LMR WARSPITE wrote:
BG Wumba wrote: Aero can only go on the data given, I was away at the time after I gave my results in but did Bullin go to the next mile marker and then give the data to Warspite, because if he didn't then there is nothing anyone can do about it as we are just guessing/estimating from then onwards.
Yes we did haha, I just need to learn how to convert the distances myself so the blame doesn't go to Aero just for helping me.

Was a tough night last night, we had to scramble for an extra host and he himself had to order the grid before he was able to start in his own race.

Give him some credit at least, it's not an easy job, and if he is defending the work he does then I can't complain because a small error is made and we have already announced it will be reviewed and looked at.
Sorry but this is not terribly helpful. You gave me the raw data, so whether you converted the distances yourself or I did them, the result would be the same. Putting this in the context of being a tough night is also misleading as it had no effect on the results calculation.
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Mon 21 Oct 2013 - 18:34

CQR Aero wrote:Bulin - finishing mileage = 162mi
Claim - distance behind in feet 4280

Bulin moves up to 163 miles, distance to Claim becomes 5314 ft

Difference between distances = 5314-4280 = 1034 ft

To get Bulin's true distance in feet convert the "distance moved up to" (163 miles) to feet (163 x 5280 = 860640) minus the above difference (860640 - 1034 = 859606).
Comparitive data from E lobby:

Aero180 - finishing mileage = 163mi
LAPI74 - distance behind in feet 50841

Aero180 moves up to 164 miles, distance to LAPI becomes 54773 ft

Difference between distances = 54773-50841 = 3932 ft

To get Aero180's true distance in feet convert the "distance moved up to" (164 miles) to feet (164 x 5280 = 865920) minus the above difference (865920 - 3932 = 861988).

Difference between Aero180 and Bulin = 861988-859606 = 2382 ft = 0.45mi
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Mon 21 Oct 2013 - 18:41

rainonef1 wrote:...beating Bulin isn't possible.
Lobby A - 12 starters (4 LMP1, 2 LMPC, 6 GTE), 10 finishers (4 LMP1, 1 LMPC, 5 GTE) - dropped out at 80mi and 73mi

Lobby E - 8 starters (1 LMP1, 3 LMPC, 4 GTE), 7 finishers (1 LMP1, 3 LMPC, 3 GTE) - dropped out at 55mi

I don't think it's outside the realms of possibility that Aero180 encountered less traffic and managed to run the greater distance.
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Deftone MX Mon 21 Oct 2013 - 18:56

CQR Aero wrote:
Lobby A - 12 starters (4 LMP1, 2 LMPC, 6 GTE), 10 finishers (4 LMP1, 1 LMPC, 5 GTE) - dropped out at 80mi and 73mi

Lobby E - 8 starters (1 LMP1, 3 LMPC, 4 GTE), 7 finishers (1 LMP1, 3 LMPC, 3 GTE) - dropped out at 55mi

I don't think it's outside the realms of possibility that Aero180 encountered less traffic and managed to run the greater distance.
No its not impossible, but Bulin stopped at 163 and moved forward to 164. Claim and I were at 162 stopped in the S's with Bulin 4,000+ feet up the road. Once the distance was recorded, we drove around the corner and it 163. If you don't believe me ask Bulin, Claim, Motorhead, etc.... Aero180 ran a great a race in the bottom lobby, beat Claim, Motorhead, and I, but not Bulin.
LMR Deftone MX
LMR Deftone MX

TORA Race Number : 275
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3634
Registration date : 2012-06-18

http://teamlmr.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Motorhead Mon 21 Oct 2013 - 18:57

Guys.

We're just overcomplicating things now. It's sounds like we're trying to crack the Enigma code again.

It already was explained above (hint: read previous posts) that us lobby 1 drivers have lost a mile. I know I finished on 162 and looking at the sheet, 162.1 for me sounds right as I was 4000 odd ft down on Deftone and Claim, who were almost at 163, with Bulin equally almost 164 himself.

Edit: What Deftone said ^^
HCR Motorhead
HCR Motorhead

TORA Race Number : 4
PC Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2012-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Mon 21 Oct 2013 - 19:44

Thanks guys for the information. With the three of you confirming the same thing I'm more comfortable amending the final distances.
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Deftone MX Mon 21 Oct 2013 - 20:52

First time finishing off the podium this season Sad

Just means ill have to step up my game for the last 2 rounds!
LMR Deftone MX
LMR Deftone MX

TORA Race Number : 275
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3634
Registration date : 2012-06-18

http://teamlmr.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by rainonef1 Mon 21 Oct 2013 - 20:55

Firstly:
CQR Aero wrote:
Secondly "paraphrasing" means:

paraphrase
/ˈparəfreɪz/

verb

gerund or present participle: paraphrasing

1. express the meaning of (something written or spoken) using different words, especially to achieve greater clarity.

"you can either quote or paraphrase literary texts"

synonyms: reword, rephrase, put/express in other words, put/express in one's own words, express differently, rewrite, rescript, restate, rehash, interpret
Ironically you reinforce my point ("the results must be wrong") by saying "beating Bulin isn't possible".
What you did wrong: You put quotations around your entire paraphrase, which is incorrect (and if you were trying to make it your own quote coming from yourself, you don't need quotation marks).  In order for quotations to be used, it must be a DIRECT quotation coming from the person you are quoting (or paraphrasing in this incorrect incident).  As said by yourself, "I can't go on comments such as" means that this comment you are referring to was said by me.  So therefore you are putting quotes around the comment that I said, meaning I said those exact words.  By adding the paraphrasing at the end doesn't make it grammatically correct.  

Don't lecture me about what paraphrasing means, the only reason we are in this situation is because you decided not to take someone's opinion that was nicely suggested inside a private message that you decided to make public.  This is something I do not appreciate, and as being a staff of an association, this is not how to treat someone who is signed up under the association AND who has abide by all the rules from when I started racing here.  The point I was getting at was this to be reviewed and you simply said:
CQR Aero wrote:
rainonef1 wrote:The results don't look right...
They're fine. See my response to your PM.  That's not me in 1st (I wish!) - I finished 11th.
 Instead of being sincere and saying that there will be further review, you brushed it off thinking immediately that I was wrong.  It took almost an entire page of convincing from others and not to mention rude postings.  This is in my opinion looks bad on the association.

Secondly:
You decided to once again make a fool of myself by posting yet another private message I sent you.  
CQR Aero wrote:

You left out my argument for saying such bold words by using "...".  Corrected twice by you, there was a 16 second delay in his lobby is what you left out which is a crucial part of my arguement.  Throughout the entire ISCC series, Aero180 has been a second or more slower than Bulin in qualifying is some/most of the races.  I understand we might have had more traffic, but that doesn't off set the clear laps he had by himself, and not to mention the traffic still put upon Aero180 with slower drivers making his cornering speed throughout the traffic being slower when behind an LMPC or GTE car.  Which brings me that the point of why I would say that.  Only someone who is looking to show his ignorance would take my comment of being impossible seriously and post something about it.
I also think you need to be refreshed on what private means.
1.  confined to or intended only for the persons immediately concerned; confidential
2.  personal and not publicly expressed
Found at this link: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/private?s=t

All in all the results seem like they were skewed and something was wrong.  All of this could have been avoided if my opinion was taken.  I understand I didn't provide any numerical information for my case but it seemed pretty obvious from the beginning.  I tried to handle this situation as nicely as possible but it seemed to have took a left turn towards constant ignorance and egotistical comments.  I apologize for being rude but I didn't start the overwhelming arrogant way of communication.

I would never have taken this much time to write up something like this for a video game incident...but the constant replies in the awful presented manner really pushed my buttons.

Last edited by rainonef1 on Mon 21 Oct 2013 - 21:24; edited 1 time in total
rainonef1
rainonef1

TORA Race Number : 204
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2013-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanz Mon 21 Oct 2013 - 21:14

Mod Edit breach of T&C's - Duncan
Beanz
Beanz

TORA Race Number : 57
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 2661
Registration date : 2012-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by LZR Harmonic Mon 21 Oct 2013 - 21:20

CQR Aero wrote:

This is exactly what I was thinking. However, I had a discussion with Aero last night, and he had stopped in the hairpin while I stopped about half way down the back straight. I finished on 163... I was halfway down the back straight and I had to move up to 164. I've been told it's been sorted on the live timing, so if that's true, no further protests need to be made.
LZR Harmonic
LZR Harmonic

TORA Race Number : 273
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 1119
Registration date : 2013-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next