TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
PRO Endurance - Feedback thread EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
PRO Endurance - Feedback thread EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
PRO Endurance - Feedback thread EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
PRO Endurance - Feedback thread EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
PRO Endurance - Feedback thread EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
PRO Endurance - Feedback thread EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
PRO Endurance - Feedback thread EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
PRO Endurance - Feedback thread EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
PRO Endurance - Feedback thread EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

PRO Endurance - Feedback thread

+10
Diablo 29x
Capt10 Morgan
ATP Wheelwash
Bob Dixon 76
F4H Hakkinen
LMR Hybrid
SorrySmithy
F4H Spartan
F4H Xyloto
F4H Lotterer
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

PRO Endurance - Feedback thread Empty PRO Endurance - Feedback thread

Post by F4H Lotterer Sun 22 Jun 2014 - 13:53

PRO Endurance - Feedback thread 14069969583_2815ef2458_o

Ok chaps with the Pro Endurance approaching its final stage we would like to hear your opinions on what you thought worked and what you think can help us to improve should be continue with a second season.
F4H Lotterer
F4H Lotterer

TORA Race Number : 001
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 6346
Registration date : 2012-03-05

http://Www.f4h.es

Back to top Go down

PRO Endurance - Feedback thread Empty Re: PRO Endurance - Feedback thread

Post by F4H Xyloto Sun 22 Jun 2014 - 21:36

I loved the qualifying system. It's really nice to be able to set a time during a week, and use it!
F4H Xyloto
F4H Xyloto

TORA Race Number : 552
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 503
Registration date : 2014-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Spartan Sun 22 Jun 2014 - 21:49

cardsrule96 wrote:I loved the qualifying system. It's really nice to be able to set a time during a week, and use it!

Agreed, i know it has mixed reviews but its been an encouraging experience in terms of practice and really pushing those times.
F4H Spartan
F4H Spartan

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2012-06-01

http://www.f4h.es

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Lotterer Sun 22 Jun 2014 - 21:55

Give us both barrels guys what was bad and good ,also what do you want from a second season ,cars ? Tracks?
F4H Lotterer
F4H Lotterer

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Spartan Sun 22 Jun 2014 - 21:58

people signing up and not showing is bad, people sacrificing their race etc.

F4H Spartan
F4H Spartan

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Xyloto Sun 22 Jun 2014 - 22:04

I would love the Ferrari to be in there, definitely(maybe even Porsche if it's in the game, fingers crossed)!Trackwise, I don't want to do Long Beach again, too accident-prone. I would add Silverstone and Laguna Seca to it.
F4H Xyloto
F4H Xyloto

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by SorrySmithy Sun 22 Jun 2014 - 22:05

qualifying system was one of the reasons i stopped participating in this series. having to upload screenshots of my times really put me off.

would of liked to of seen a diverse gt field but f5 doesnt seem capable of that atm.
SorrySmithy
SorrySmithy

TORA Race Number : 5
Number of posts : 1886
Registration date : 2012-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Xyloto Sun 22 Jun 2014 - 22:06

Mamu 2508 wrote:people signing up and not showing is bad, people sacrificing their race etc.

This. It sucked going from a hefty 2 lobby split to just a single split. It's not fair for the faster nor the slower people, as the faster people have to deal with people running 2,3, and maybe even 4 seconds behind on pace, and the slower people because they just seem to get lapped over and over.
F4H Xyloto
F4H Xyloto

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Spartan Sun 22 Jun 2014 - 22:30

cardsrule96 wrote:I would love the Ferrari to be in there, definitely(maybe even Porsche if it's in the game, fingers crossed)!Trackwise, I don't want to do Long Beach again, too accident-prone. I would add Silverstone and Laguna Seca to it.

I think running some tried and tested tracks would be cool, and maybe alter the start position on some tracks (those with naughty first corners, such as spa etc), the ferrari along with something else would be ace and the porsche...... maybe the beetle ? nah would love porsche tbh

All in all the series is great and I get that it is an inconvenience for many to upload images, maybe qualifying sessions could be held throughout the week, and your fastest time acts as your entry?

I would be happy to run this series again but would love to see a range of vehicles and more diversity in driver ability, i'm average on a good day so some races have felt more like commuting to work via a race track, i appreciate that is out of your control but i guess its these feedback threads that ultimately encourage improvement and entry from new people.
F4H Spartan
F4H Spartan

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Xyloto Sun 22 Jun 2014 - 22:33

Mamu 2508 wrote:
cardsrule96 wrote:I would love the Ferrari to be in there, definitely(maybe even Porsche if it's in the game, fingers crossed)!Trackwise, I don't want to do Long Beach again, too accident-prone. I would add Silverstone and Laguna Seca to it.

I think running some tried and tested tracks would be cool, and maybe alter the start position on some tracks, the ferrari along with something else would be ace and the porsche...... maybe the beetle ? nah would love porsche tbh (those with naughty first corners, such as spa etc)

All in all the series is great and I get that it is an inconvenience for many to upload images, maybe qualifying sessions could be held throughout the week, and your fastest time acts as your entry?

I would be happy to run this series again but would love to see a range of vehicles and more diversity in driver ability, i'm average on a good day so some races have felt more like commuting to work via a race track, i appreciate that is out of your control but i guess its these feedback threads that ultimately encourage improvement and entry from new people.

For me it was always easier to email my time in, I never did post one. How would you alter the start position? I never really had a problem with it, excerpt for the fact that I was always chasing the LMP's around while trying not to break 100 MPH.
F4H Xyloto
F4H Xyloto

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Xyloto Sun 22 Jun 2014 - 22:36

Oh!! Sebring too.
F4H Xyloto
F4H Xyloto

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Hybrid Sun 22 Jun 2014 - 23:54

i dont mind one car in lmp. if you could balance the Audi vs Peugeot that will be fine Cool . as for gt you should have all of them(bar aston) in as there fairly equal

qualy system i dont enjoy. would rather a few session in the week. perhaps have a mix of both. so if you want to post up a time via picture have it so they have to put a picture up by thursday then have a mandatory qualy session on friday.

keep long beach. traffic density was nice. its what multiclass is about.the people that dont like the track are usually people who dont practice on it. put laps in an youl love it trust me.

would like yas marina. never done a race there where people dont cut it on the hoppers lol also for the hell of it. prauge short  lol! 

how about a lapped race instead of time based. so you people can see lap times. so say you wanted 40 lap race. set it to 42. so you have one for the pace lap. then you race to lap 41. when the first prototype starts lap 40 thats the white flag for everyone in every class. then you stop to get the results

advertise the series a bit more. alot of people signed up early an probably forgot about the series. if you sent a message out to everyone signed up each week for each race like Vm does, you might get a better turn out
LMR Hybrid
LMR Hybrid

TORA Race Number : 75
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2012-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Xyloto Sun 22 Jun 2014 - 23:57

I RickyTan I wrote:

keep long beach. traffic density was nice. its what multiclass is about.the people that dont like the track are usually people who dont practice on it. put laps in an youl love it trust me.

Believe me, I did WAAAAAY too many laps around that track Neutral 

F4H Xyloto
F4H Xyloto

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Xyloto Sun 22 Jun 2014 - 23:59

Actually, Ricky's thought reminded me of something: maybe multiclass official practice sessions during the week, to get more time with both classes on track. For Long Beach, I didn't have any time with LMP's around it until I joined a lobby with Martin 45 minutes before the race.
F4H Xyloto
F4H Xyloto

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Hakkinen Mon 23 Jun 2014 - 0:03

Big shous for Laguna and Sebring for sure.

Will regards images - it really is easiest to email it to me. I don't understand what so difficult about taking an image from ones phone and just emailing a person. That's just my opinion.

Qualifying sessions as per the rules are allowed but it's up to the people to organise them and get cracking.
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

TORA Race Number : 379
Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Xyloto Mon 23 Jun 2014 - 0:05

F4H Chrisupra wrote:Big shous for Laguna and Sebring for sure.

Will regards images - it really is easiest to email it to me. I don't understand what so difficult about taking an image from ones phone and just emailing a person. That's just my opinion.

Qualifying sessions as per the rules are allowed but it's up to the people to organise them and get cracking.

Yeah, I have to say it's so much easier just to email the thing, that's what I did all season long.
F4H Xyloto
F4H Xyloto

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Hakkinen Mon 23 Jun 2014 - 0:05

One of the problems with qualifying sessions is I don't have the time to do and neither do many of the guys.
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

TORA Race Number : 379
Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Xyloto Mon 23 Jun 2014 - 0:11

F4H Chrisupra wrote:One of the problems with qualifying sessions is I don't have the time to do and neither do many of the guys.

Hence the screenshotting a time. Yeah, I most certainly don't have time for a mandatory session either.
F4H Xyloto
F4H Xyloto

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Hybrid Mon 23 Jun 2014 - 0:46

BG Smithy wrote:qualifying system was one of the reasons i stopped participating in this series. having to upload screenshots of my times really put me off.

why i said have both so everyones happy. this a community
LMR Hybrid
LMR Hybrid

TORA Race Number : 75
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2012-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Lotterer Mon 23 Jun 2014 - 0:51

group sessions can be done i never Q till fridays anyway
F4H Lotterer
F4H Lotterer

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Dixon 76 Mon 23 Jun 2014 - 1:30

Can we use the game Dvr and youtube function on the xbox ? I ran a time then paused it so you got to see my time and my rivals, it s all recorded to yt the lap as well.

Bob Dixon 76

TORA Race Number : 620
Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2011-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Xyloto Mon 23 Jun 2014 - 1:34

Bob Dixon 76 wrote:Can we use the game Dvr and youtube function on the xbox ? I ran a time then paused it so you got to see my time and my rivals, it s all recorded to yt the lap as well.

I don't see a problem with it, but I personally wouldn't use it.. I would end up having like an hour long session of me messing up over and over again.
F4H Xyloto
F4H Xyloto

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Dixon 76 Mon 23 Jun 2014 - 1:38

Record last 5 minutes as soon as you've done a good lap or pause the game when your happy with your time then record the last 30 seconds Very Happy 

Bob Dixon 76

TORA Race Number : 620
Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2011-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by ATP Wheelwash Mon 23 Jun 2014 - 1:56

I was one of those that signed up for the series, had sorted a time table so i would have been able to run four of the five rounds, as when a series is released and it tickles my fancy, i have to arrange these things as real life is far more important, and the weekends is never easy, kids off school, having to be awake when theres daylight outside, spending time with the wife due to work commitments during the week on her part. Its a juggling act at times, so having released the calendar, then cancelling the second round due to personal reasons / soccer, then re arranging it to clash directly with TORA's biggest Endurance event in the Le Mans 24hr which is coming this Saturday, although it was mentioned in a thread that it may also get cancelled if England were playing, which would have then given another adjustment. So instead of being able to run four rounds, it was reduced to two instantly.

The qualifying thing, well im glad you assume we all have mobile phones, i dont, i hate the things, i knew i would never be affecting the Lobby One guys, so didnt mind not qualifying with the number of sign ups. Also with the qualifying, wheres the pressure of qualifying? a five lap dash, or a fifteen / twenty minute session adds some pressure to the situation, whereas this way, it came across more as making sure that any mistakes, like a damaged car for example, wasnt a part of it, just hot lap for as long as you want and you have your best time. Also, you seemed extremely keen to make sure that no one cheated in the times department, making sure that your photo was taken in a certain spot,. but that ruling didnt seem to apply to everyone. Round three for example saw just five times shown in the thread, of which only one was an F4H time, which was Trash's. the rest was on your word, now im not calling F4H cheats, thats not the point, but it has to be the same rules for everybody doesnt it?

The comments about people signing up, and then not running, well i always sign up with the good intention of racing as many rounds as possible, i enjoy doing a few photos and publicising the events on the various social media outlets i have at my disposal, im not here just for the racing, im too slow for that, i enjoy the whole package as and when time allows, i even do bits for series im not involved with, just to publicise the hard work that goes into running a series, something i have had plenty of experience in before my illness made that commitment no longer a viable option. I like to think i have a very good attendance record overall, but when a series is taken as lightly as this one seems to have been, i vote with my feet, and in the case of this series, that was a very easy decision to make.

I hope you dont simply take this as an excuse for me to just vent, i have a blog for that and some fantastic nhs drugs that keep life in a happy floaty place these days, but i have made the effort to give feedback in areas that affected me, they are my opinions only and the team running the series would probably disagree on all counts, but i voted with my feet, how many others did?
ATP Wheelwash
ATP Wheelwash

TORA Race Number : #16
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2012-08-09

http://www.vtcc.online/

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Xyloto Mon 23 Jun 2014 - 2:01

ATP Wheelwash wrote:

The qualifying thing, well im glad you assume we all have mobile phones, i dont, i hate the things, i knew i would never be affecting the Lobby One guys, so didnt mind not qualifying with the number of sign ups. Also with the qualifying, wheres the pressure of qualifying? a five lap dash, or a fifteen / twenty minute session adds some pressure to the situation, whereas this way, it came across more as making sure that any mistakes, like a damaged car for example, wasnt a part of it, just hot lap for as long as you want and you have your best time. Also, you seemed extremely keen to make sure that no one cheated in the times department, making sure that your photo was taken in a certain spot,. but that ruling didnt seem to apply to everyone. Round three for example saw just five times shown in the thread, of which only one was an F4H time, which was Trash's. the rest was on your word, now im not calling F4H cheats, thats not the point, but it has to be the same rules for everybody doesnt it?

It was all the same. A lot of people, like me, emailed it in, or a lot of the F4H guys got into contact with Chris another way to post their time. It isn't like it was word of mouth and trust.
F4H Xyloto
F4H Xyloto

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next