TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 3 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 3 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2

+33
SorrySmithy
Eycd
Ax4x Cowboy
CQR Deuce
xVampirAx
Ax4x Chaddy
Hainesy
D4NINHO
CQR NEON
II AntR II
CQR Jono
Ax4x Bandit
LMR Zakspeed
TheAngryPudding
FSR Groves
F4H Lotterer
RumbleBee 392
rainonef1
Turbo Power 77
F4H Button
Colonal Keidec
Ax4x Kane
TweekPunx
F4H Xyloto
Speed Dem0n 64
LMR DarthMario
CQR Rogue
Richy59
Matt
CQR Myles
theboomeranga
MaynardMK4
Standaman94
37 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2

Post by Ax4x Kane Wed 9 Jul 2014 - 18:11

Yeah, and they've made great improvements to the Auction House, Storefront and ability to gift- ... Oh wait.

It's swings and roundabouts, the actually driving and racing is much better, you really feel like you can take a car right on the limit, but just niggly little things that really ought to be fixed just aren't there yet. Still have that annoying 30 minute replay cap. Twitch streaming lags the game up. It's close, but not quite there yet. I feel there is still a big market, actually probably an even bigger market, for FM4 at the minute. Support needs to stay on that console too.
Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Number of posts : 3148
Registration date : 2011-05-30

Back to top Go down

Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2

Post by CQR Rogue Wed 9 Jul 2014 - 18:39

erm there is a storefront..... lol and yes agree gifting should be back but is not a racing game bought and driven for the way the sim drives or am the only 1 who actualy drives
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Lotterer Wed 9 Jul 2014 - 19:05

My personal opinion is FM4 can't die off quick enough anyone that has truly got to grips with the new physics would never look back.
And yes FM5 does still have flaws and missing features but there are always work arounds .
F4H Lotterer
F4H Lotterer

TORA Race Number : 001
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 6346
Registration date : 2012-03-05

http://Www.f4h.es

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Xyloto Wed 9 Jul 2014 - 19:10

F4H Trash wrote:My personal opinion is FM4 can't die off quick enough anyone that has truly got to grips with the new physics would never look back.
And yes FM5 does still have flaws and missing features but there are always work arounds .

+1
F4H Xyloto
F4H Xyloto

TORA Race Number : 552
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 503
Registration date : 2014-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Wed 9 Jul 2014 - 20:09

cardsrule96 wrote:
F4H Trash wrote:My personal opinion is FM4 can't die off quick enough anyone that has truly got to grips with the new physics would never look back.

+1

+2
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Kane Wed 9 Jul 2014 - 20:34

Right, that's all well and fine. But it comes across sometimes like you're trying to force people onto FM5. They have plenty of reviews and time to weigh up if they want to buy it or not, but shouldn't feel pressured into buying the Xbox One.

I'm firmly an FM5 player, but feel that a little more support is needed on FM4, considering that's where the majority still are.
Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Wed 9 Jul 2014 - 20:46

I think its the other way around ^^ more support for 5 here is needed not the other way round
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Lotterer Wed 9 Jul 2014 - 20:53

Yeah the majority of staff and community team still cater for FM4 just look at the pit lanes for a comparison of events on each console .
Granted FM5 events are in the works but with such a lack of support and the console split things are taking longer than anticipated .
and I'm not forcing anyone onto the next gen console I'm just saying that there is no comparison IMO .
F4H Lotterer
F4H Lotterer

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by FSR Groves Wed 9 Jul 2014 - 21:08

I hope FM4 doesn't die off as quick as some hope. Because for some of us we can't afford to splash out on the 'much better' game and console.
FSR Groves
FSR Groves

TORA Race Number : 96
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2013-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAngryPudding Wed 9 Jul 2014 - 21:16

Nice to see TORA staff wanting its currently more popular game of choice to die off! If there isnt an XB360 game offered you'll lose a hell of a lot of people. Not everyone can afford to go out and spend £400+ on a console and games.

TheAngryPudding

TORA Race Number : 989
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1261

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Wed 9 Jul 2014 - 21:22

only more popular due to lack of series on 5 strange other sites attracting lots of forza 5 drivers where we are for many reasons all which are valid

there will be community ran forza 4 series here time been but focus needs to go forward and not be left behind focus on the current gen as thats where the market is going

Lets move on...
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAngryPudding Wed 9 Jul 2014 - 21:36

In terms of next gen you'll find that many TORA guys are annoyed at the crap level FM5 came out. It'll probably pick up considerably if you went lock-stock to P:CARS. As for FM4, its simple economics, people cant afford the money on consoles so will stick where they are. If TORA were to drop to bare minimum FM4 (which this thread has only heightened that belief for me) then people will go elsewhere.

TheAngryPudding

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAngryPudding Wed 9 Jul 2014 - 21:40

And i believe there are more 'proper' racers here than other places have. So much less tolerant of the FM5 failings than elsewhere.

TheAngryPudding

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Xyloto Wed 9 Jul 2014 - 21:47

MichaelJGroves wrote:In terms of next gen you'll find that many TORA guys are annoyed at the crap level FM5 came out. It'll probably pick up considerably if you went lock-stock to P:CARS. As for FM4, its simple economics, people cant afford the money on consoles so will stick where they are. If TORA were to drop to bare minimum FM4 (which this thread has only heightened that belief for me) then people will go elsewhere.

P:CARS has the same issue as FM5... It's on the XBone. To be honest, I haven't looked back really to FM4. I miss Porsche, yeah, but I'm wouldn't just not buy it because of that. In my opinion, the game is a whole lot better than 4. Sure, you don't have the tracks and cars, but most of the cars I want and like to drive are in it, the tracks I love are there, and the physics makes it more rewarding to combine the two. Just my thoughts on the subject though.
F4H Xyloto
F4H Xyloto

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAngryPudding Wed 9 Jul 2014 - 21:53

Thats fair enough mate but staff saying "I hope it dies" is just gonna p!$$ off those of us that cant afford it. Saying its better and you wont look back and all that is irrelevant if you cant afford it. Doubt my letting agent would be impressed if I said "Sorry I cant pay my rent because I really wanna race on TORA but I need aj XBone to do so".

TheAngryPudding

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Zakspeed Wed 9 Jul 2014 - 22:24

To be honest, I think TORA should still work towards FM5 but leaving just FM4 to be run by the community is a bit like a kick in the teeth for those who can't get an X1 yet. With 3000 members, TORA should have plenty of series on FM5 by now. There's other places, as CQR Rogue said, that have plenty of numbers. GP Classics - died, GT Season 11 - killed off, and now all that remains is TORA GP and Spec Cup. There are plenty of cars and series that could be started very quickly and up and running. But that's not the case currently.

TORA should still put the same amount of effort into both consoles at this moment in limbo between the two consoles.
LMR Zakspeed
LMR Zakspeed

TORA Race Number : 62
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 853
Registration date : 2012-07-19

http://teamlmr.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Lotterer Wed 9 Jul 2014 - 22:31

That's what we're trying to do Zak but as anyone can see the focus is currently on FM4 and we now have to start concentrating on the future but that by no means just abandoning anyone ,while there is demand for events on the 360 they will continue .
F4H Lotterer
F4H Lotterer

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 9 Jul 2014 - 22:44

It seems to me that the only people against any Forza 5 movement and slating it are the ones who can't afford it. I'm sorry but Forza 4 is 3 years old, if you can't afford it that is not this sites fault. TORA are falling behind every other site very quickly and if they continue to support Forza 4 as the main game then this site will die very quickly once all other countries get the launch of console.

As for failed championships there's simple reasons they failed, staff were all over the place, nothing was being organised and cars were nowere near balanced. These are things that the admin team will admit to and are trying to resolve and fix, but with the constant slating of any movement to the current gen on the superior SIM game its proving to be impossible and your ruining your own chance of having Forza and TORA survive at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Xyloto Wed 9 Jul 2014 - 23:21

MichaelJGroves wrote:Thats fair enough mate but staff saying "I hope it dies" is just gonna p!$$ off those of us that cant afford it. Saying its better and you wont look back and all that is irrelevant if you cant afford it. Doubt my letting agent would be impressed if I said "Sorry I cant pay my rent because I really wanna race on TORA but I need aj XBone to do so".

Sorry, was trying to get ahead of you on that, but my phone died =/ I do understand the cost issue, it is a big investment to take.
F4H Xyloto
F4H Xyloto

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAngryPudding Wed 9 Jul 2014 - 23:52

Hardly surprising that the first person to come out and effectively say if you cant afford it tough is a CQR member. You guys may not be bothered alienating people but I'd like to think (and fortunately by the sounds of it) TORA would be more accomodating.

And cheers for clarification Trash, your original post did sound a little too negative but last one does explain it a bit more

TheAngryPudding

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Bandit Wed 9 Jul 2014 - 23:59

All I have to say is online and lobby hosting is better on FM4.
Ax4x Bandit
Ax4x Bandit

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4104
Registration date : 2012-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jul 2014 - 0:00

MichaelJGroves wrote:Hardly surprising that the first person to come out and effectively say if you cant afford it tough is a CQR member. You guys may not be bothered alienating people but I'd like to think (and fortunately by the sounds of it) TORA would be more accomodating.

And cheers for clarification Trash, your original post did sound a little too negative but last one does explain it a bit more

You really need to grow up, were did my post say if you can't afford it its tough???

TORA have never said FM4 is going to be dropped but yourself and many other members come in a FM5 thread slag the game off then moan when you get a response you don't like. As I told you on twitter my opinions are my own not CQR and if you have a problem then feel free to ignore anything I post, as I will yours as I can't be bothered with saying the same thing.

For TORA to move forward both games need to be taken onboad but the same championships being recycled do not need a main focus, new ideas need working on for new generations.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Kane Thu 10 Jul 2014 - 0:00

It was just an observation I had. I am aware there are more pitlane series for FM4 and that is where my point stands. The demand is still on the 360 therefore we shouldn't be trying to push away from that just yet. It just seems a bit ignorant to say "tough you can't afford it, sucks to be you" which is the impression I get from some of the posts above. I'd also argue that continuing support of FM4 would not kill the site, instead it could create growth, as more players who feel left behind by other leagues progression to FM5 would still have a place to race. I was rather disappointed the FM5 Spec Cup turned out to be the Mazda MX5.

And for the record, I am one of the people who crossed over to FM5 on launch day. Maybe I'm the only FM5 driver with a neutral perspective?
Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jul 2014 - 0:01

LMR Bandit wrote:All I have to say is online and lobby hosting is better on FM4.

See the only plus is that you can save settings otherwise lobby hosting is the same on both.

Back to top Go down

Post by FSR Groves Thu 10 Jul 2014 - 0:03

Kilroy8 wrote:It was just an observation I had. I am aware there are more pitlane series for FM4 and that is where my point stands. The demand is still on the 360 therefore we shouldn't be trying to push away from that just yet. It just seems a bit ignorant to say "tough you can't afford it, sucks to be you" which is the impression I get from some of the posts above. I'd also argue that continuing support of FM4 would not kill the site, instead it could create growth, as more players who feel left behind by other leagues progression to FM5 would still have a place to race. I was rather disappointed the FM5 Spec Cup turned out to be the Mazda MX5.

And for the record, I am one of the people who crossed over to FM5 on launch day. Maybe I'm the only FM5 driver with a neutral perspective?

+1 +1 +1
FSR Groves
FSR Groves

TORA Race Number : 96
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 2558

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next