TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
M&M Racing News Feed EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
M&M Racing News Feed EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
M&M Racing News Feed EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
M&M Racing News Feed EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
M&M Racing News Feed EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
M&M Racing News Feed EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
M&M Racing News Feed EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
M&M Racing News Feed EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
M&M Racing News Feed EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

M&M Racing News Feed

4 posters

Go down

M&M Racing News Feed Empty M&M Racing News Feed

Post by Richy59 Sat 14 Mar 2009 - 19:40

M&M Racing News Feed

M&M Racing have confirmed that they will be running a full team once again in the TORA GT. The team will retain the same driver line up as last season, and with this they will be hoping to build upon their second place finish in last seasons Team Championship.

Rizla will remain with M&M racing for the upcoming season of the GT, and they will also continue to support us throughout all TORA Championships. We have a great relationship with Rizla over the last season, and we look forward to working with them to bring home both the Drivers Championship and Team Championship next season.

And you can't beat the Rizla girls Wink

More info to come...

M&M Racing News Feed Rizla_logo

Last edited by Richy59 on Tue 21 Apr 2009 - 22:58; edited 2 times in total
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

M&M Racing News Feed Empty Re: M&M Racing News Feed

Post by Richy59 Thu 16 Apr 2009 - 14:04

M&M Racing have confirmed that their new livery is almost complete. We are still awaiting our delivery of Nicks Viper to begin work on it but this should be done before the weekend is out.

A few small sponsor changes have taken place and a few new sponsors have put their name forward.

We now have a new relationship with Bilstein and they will be providing us with a full compliment of Race Suspension for the team throughout the season.

M&M Racing News Feed Bilstein-Logo-2

K&N will be providing the team with Full Race-Spec Induction Systems for the upcoming season.

M&M Racing News Feed KN_logo-1

Outside of Manufacturer sponsorship the team has secured two new Commercial sponsors for the upcoming season.

Sky HD have joined us along with Aon Insurance who recently had a successful debut in the TORA Touring Car Championship. We hope that these new sponsors enjoy their time with us at M&M Racing.

M&M Racing News Feed Skyhd_logo_tn-1
M&M Racing News Feed Aon_burgundy-1

All other sponsors from last season will be returning to the team including the following:

M&M Racing News Feed LOGO_Bridgestone-1

M&M Racing News Feed Logo-vpower-1

M&M Racing News Feed TagHeuer_logos-1

M&M Racing News Feed Recaro_logo_1-1

M&M Racing News Feed Brembo_logo-1

M&M Racing News Feed 800px-Motul_logosvg-1

M&M Racing News Feed Ngklogocopy-1

Our cars this season, like every season will be Developed by Prodrive who have supported the team since its creation and we are happy they are back with us for Season 4

M&M Racing News Feed Prodrive_Logo_Resized

Last edited by Richy59 on Tue 21 Apr 2009 - 22:00; edited 2 times in total
Richy59
Richy59

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Tue 21 Apr 2009 - 22:38

M&M Racing are proud to release their Season 4 Livery!

This season we have taking a slightly different approach and rather than have the typical Rizla Blue domination like our previous cars the designers have gone for a more aggressive and hardcore style showing that this season the team mean business.

The team stopped off at the Legendary Nurburgring for the Livery Reveal before shipping the cars out to Italy for the first round at Mugello. The team will also be shipping out two of their test cars to participate in the upcoming Media Event which is being held at Road America, USA.

As stated previously the team is running with some new sponsors for the season and our budget has dramatically increased after finishing 2nd in Season 3. With two drivers hungry for the title M&M Racing will be one of the top teams in Season 4.

The drivers took to the 'Ring to show off their cars to the attending journalists. The pit lane was crowded as the three cars fired up their engines for a quick blast around the track. The photographers had ample source material as Ian and Nick had a bit of a race throughout the event.

The drivers are feeling very positive about the upcoming season and can't wait until Rounds 1&2 at Mugello in two weeks time.

M&M Racing News Feed GTS4-17
M&M Racing News Feed GTS4-18
M&M Racing News Feed GTS4-19
M&M Racing News Feed GTS4-20
M&M Racing News Feed GTS4-21
M&M Racing News Feed GTS4-22
M&M Racing News Feed GTS4-23
M&M Racing News Feed GTS4-24
M&M Racing News Feed GTS4-25
M&M Racing News Feed GTS4-27
M&M Racing News Feed GTS4-26
M&M Racing News Feed GTS4-28
M&M Racing News Feed GTS4-29
M&M Racing News Feed GTS4-30
M&M Racing News Feed GTS4-31
M&M Racing News Feed GTS4-32
M&M Racing News Feed GTS4-33
Richy59
Richy59

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Mon 27 Apr 2009 - 22:41

Due to recent financial worries with BMW, M&M Racing has had to drop the support of one of their M3s. Richy59 has confirmed, with only 4 days to go until the first round at Mugello, that he will be using a TVR Sagaris for the near future. He and the team are hard at work preparing the car for the race weekend and Richy59 hope to have the car out running within a few days.
Richy59
Richy59

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Tue 28 Apr 2009 - 12:21

Richy59's TVR has come back from the paintshop this morning and the car is now ready to begin the season.

M&M Racing News Feed GTS4-38

Richy59 had this to say about the new car:

"Drivability is key for me this season. I am not a fast driver so it is not a car with incredible power that I am looking for. The TVR is a fantastic machine and the grip it has around certain parts of the track is astonishing. I think it will come into its own around the short versions of the tracks that we visit this season."
Richy59
Richy59

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Fri 1 May 2009 - 15:42

M&M Racing News Feed

Due to the recent financial crisis BMW have announced that they will be pulling all their efforts out of the M&M Racing team. This left the team with very little time to buy and select a new car for the season. The team turned to Porsche who have supported their team in the past two seasons until they decided to field the works Porsche Team with Martini. With such a close relationship between the team and manufacturer Porsche have provided M&M Racing with a brand new TORA GT Spec GT3 RS for Ianmr to run with for the upcoming season. The car has already been painted in the new team colours and testing has been done throughout the morning.

M&M Racing News Feed GTS4-43
M&M Racing News Feed GTS4-44
M&M Racing News Feed GTS4-45

Last edited by Richy59 on Fri 1 May 2009 - 15:44; edited 1 time in total
Richy59
Richy59

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Sat 2 May 2009 - 16:59

M&M Racing can confirm that, yes, once again a car change has taken place!

Nick will now be driving his old Porsche 911 GT3 RS for the upcoming season...the paintshop has been busy these last few days Razz
Richy59
Richy59

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Mon 15 Jun 2009 - 14:17

M&M Racing News Feed

We're coming back!

M&M racing are starting their return to form after a shaky start in the 2009 TORA GT. After concentrating on their cars all the way up to the end of last seasons development started on the cars late. With all the new regulation changes and manufacturer problems we suffered we finally sorted out some late deals to get the Team onto the grid for the season opener at Mugello. After showing some early signs of pace and looking comfortable for some decent points in the first meeting the team suffered some terrible problems that forced the retirement of both top cars from the feature race. Ian's car ground to a halt with gearbox problems early on in the race and had to sit at the sidelines throughout the rest of the race. Nick had been having a very strong race, running near the front of the field from the start until an engine problem forced Nick to retire late on in the race, which unfortunately classed him as a DNF since he did not complete 75% of the race at the time of his retirement. Richy did not help matter by having a slow sprint race which forced him into the bottom lobby for the feature. The team thought this was all just a one off event and hoped that they would be completing the races from now on.

At maple valley only one car competed in the race which was driven by Nick. He scored decent point from that meeting after driving from the back of the grid due to a penalty he received in Meeting 1. Both Ian and Richy were unable to compete at the Maple Valley round due to other commitments away from the race track.

Meeting 3 and it was a similar story again with only one car able to compete around Road Atlanta. Ian put in an impressive performance clinching pole position for the sprint race. A third position in the sprint claimed M&M Racings first podium of the season. Sixth position in the feature rounded off M&M racings best round of the season, but things were starting to look up.

Meeting 4, Suzuka, and a track that the team tends to run quite well around. Pole position for Nick in the Sprint and then his, and M&M Racing first win of the season was a huge boost to the team after the dismal start to their season. Ian finished 4th showing he had the pace, but was unable to pass around the short and twisty Suzuka East track. Richy also had a good race, getting the TVR up into 15th position on his return to the series after missing the previous 2 rounds. He felt that he could have done better, but a coming together with another driver put an stop to any better positions he could have made up. The feature race showed even more promise for the team, with both Ian and Nick running near the top for the majority of the race. Unfortunately an incident involving 4 cars caused them all to retire which unfortunately included Nick, who was running in 4th at the time. Ian was able to capitalise on this and jumped up to 2nd position. Nick still finished in overall 6th since he had completed 75% of the race distance. Overall, M&M Racing drivers scored the most points of everyone in that Meeting, with Ian scoring the most out of the drivers and with Nick scoring the third most. Apart from Nicks late retirement, a good race for M&M racing.

Hopes are high for the team for the next meeting at Motegi. All three cars will once again be present and we are hoping for a strong showing.

Quotes from the Team:

Ianmr - “After a pretty dodgy start to my season we've been getting back to where we should be this season. Reliability hampered my races from the start of the season with our new Porshes. Its just been a case of getting used to the new cars and ironing out all the problems that have appeared. Lately I have been getting back on the pace, and with a pole position and a podium at Road Atlanta and then a 2nd at Suzuka I am much happier with my car and I am looking to get my season back on track.”

NickFTM3 - “To be honest with you, I've expected a lot more from my season so far. The season started off great with a pole at Mugello but after that its been a roller-coaster ride. Two break downs at Mugello and then again at Maple Valley my qualification penalty didn't best please me. However when the car has been running, I've picked up some solid points and positions. I took my first win of the season last time out at Suzuka and was hoping for the same in the feature. Unfortunately once again reliability hit me and I crept home in 6th place. Still good points were picked up and I'm looking forward to Motegi where I've always ran well.”

Richy59 - “Personally I've had a pretty good season so far. I could have done much better in the first meeting at Mugello but the race at Suzuka I really enjoyed. I've had some great battles with the drivers around me, and if it wasn't for my steering failure at Suzuka I would have continued my race long battle with Y22”

M&M Racing would also like to take this opportunity to welcome Monster Energy on board as an Official Team sponsor from now on. They have been sponsoring Ianmr for the past 2 seasons and they would now like to extent that sponsorship to the full team as well.

M&M Racing News Feed Monster_energy-logo1
Richy59
Richy59

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Ianmr Thu 5 Nov 2009 - 11:25

M&M Racing Down Season update.

This is just a short statment to confirm that the team will be returning for a 4th season in the GT Championship. Hoping for a better season than last year, with the team only finishing 4th over all, this is after big things were expected from them at the start of the season, the drivers hopes didnt go as planned either with the top driver only finishing 8th in the drivers championship. M&M Racing should be fielding the same 3 drivers as last season with the aim to winning the teams title and a shout at the drivers.

Cars have not yet been confirmed for the up and coming season but, M&M Racing have had some offers already and are testing different cars. Most things are been delt with behind closed doors and with a team are looking forward to the next season of TORA GT in the new year.

Ian.
Ianmr
Ianmr

TORA Race Number : 13
Number of posts : 2326
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Thu 5 Nov 2009 - 14:07

Glad 2 have the M&M boys back in the GT's
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue