TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Pro Endurance VLN General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Pro Endurance VLN General Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Pro Endurance VLN General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Pro Endurance VLN General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Pro Endurance VLN General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Pro Endurance VLN General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Pro Endurance VLN General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Pro Endurance VLN General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Pro Endurance VLN General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Pro Endurance VLN General Discussion

+34
WhoIsJohn117
jonnotheone
NGR GaNoN
Ax4x Broomz
TechnologicMau5
HCR Bellmond
F4H Spartan
Speed Dem0n 64
PTG Sean
MaynardMK4
EMW Takum1
LER VisionThing
DDM Driv3
F4H Carrera
HCR generaltso
cyphon68
XPR Moontower
Blacky Mojo
TLR Scrublord
paul299
Ax4x Mikun
LMR Hybrid
RumbleBee 392
Zeta0085
XPR Roadrunner
ART Carrera
Ax4x Mikey J
CreamyTastey
Freheliaz
DonatedSatyr227
Diablo 29x
LMR Deftone MX
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Lotterer
38 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Pro Endurance VLN General Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro Endurance VLN General Discussion

Post by Diablo 29x Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 15:40

amended to 2700 lbs.

not sure how the 1 got in there, because the info was copied from the GT and TCC threads.

Anyway, it's right now. Testing is ongoing, so builds for the cars may change.

Diablo 29x

TORA Race Number : 29
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3628
Registration date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Pro Endurance VLN General Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro Endurance VLN General Discussion

Post by XPR Roadrunner Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 16:56

Thanks diablo
XPR Roadrunner
XPR Roadrunner

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3649
Registration date : 2012-06-21

http://www.formulaforza.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Hakkinen Tue 4 Nov 2014 - 15:25

I hope to have amended builds for the Viper and Ferrari this coming weekend. They're looking at bumps up and we will try avoid bumps down on any cars although the Vette could get something but nothing drastic.

I will issue test results along with the builds. We are looking for consistent patterns along a host of testers.
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

TORA Race Number : 379
Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Deftone MX Wed 5 Nov 2014 - 3:24

I can say that off of 3 wins in the 2014 TEC, LMR Red Dragon will take on the VLN 24H!!! Most likely myself and II ALEX P II will be joined by 2 new comers to the Red Dragon entry!
LMR Deftone MX
LMR Deftone MX

TORA Race Number : 275
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3634
Registration date : 2012-06-18

http://teamlmr.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Hakkinen Wed 5 Nov 2014 - 16:24

Red Sonja will be entering again. Hopefully me, Carrera, Xyloto and Rosso. Still trying to finalise it.
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Hybrid Wed 5 Nov 2014 - 17:49

good to see red sonja on the grid again
LMR Hybrid
LMR Hybrid

TORA Race Number : 75
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2012-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikun Thu 6 Nov 2014 - 7:13

Well the Maranello Ferrari entry is coming and we are ready for The Green Hell plus this should be my first time doing an endurance on the Nurburgring
Ax4x Mikun
Ax4x Mikun

TORA Race Number : 52
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2013-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Hakkinen Thu 6 Nov 2014 - 13:27

Well the Maranello Ferrari will also be getting a little bump Smile
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Lotterer Fri 7 Nov 2014 - 11:09

F4H Lotterer
F4H Lotterer

TORA Race Number : 001
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 6346
Registration date : 2012-03-05

http://Www.f4h.es

Back to top Go down

Post by paul299 Fri 7 Nov 2014 - 12:31

I think the new lag out rules are fantastic. It can take weeks, even months, to prepare for an endurance event only for it all essentially to go to waste within the 1st half hour due circumstances largely out of your control. At least now you'll have a fighting chance for a decent result.
paul299
paul299

TORA Race Number : 299
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2013-05-19

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Hakkinen Fri 7 Nov 2014 - 13:03

paul299 wrote:I think the new lag out rules are fantastic. It can take weeks, even months, to prepare for an endurance event only for it all essentially to go to waste within the 1st half hour due circumstances largely out of your control. At least now you'll have a fighting chance for a decent result.

Thank you! That's the response we wanted. We would hate to see a team lose out because of lag.
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

Back to top Go down

Post by Freheliaz Fri 7 Nov 2014 - 18:49

This part confused me a bit.
- The best lap time from the team will be used so each team HAS to qualify to be eligible for this rule. So what if one driver is really really slow and he's the one who lags out? Well going by our calculations above, the driver would have to be lapping at 11mins 46.680 seconds or slower to achieve any benefit to his team by bending the rules. In essence, this rule helps but we still give you a penalty. Your stint will say, 'Completed 130mi and suffered mechanical difficulty which hindered the rest of their stint'.

So you are saying if a slower driver from the team lags out he gets miles added based on the teams qualifying result. But then you say that person lagged out at 130 miles and couldn't continue their stint due to mechanical issues.
What is it now? Does that person also get miles added or not.

Personally I completely dislike the idea of adding miles when you lag out, since if you were to suffer a punctured tire in real racing or anything other small you can still continue racing but you'd just be in the pits a long time. That's effectively the same as we have now. Why add miles to something that little? Because in order to get more miles in and be lagged out there will only be 30 minutes left of racing. The percentage of miles you get added on your miles driven is quite huge(about 33% of your driven miles at that point) compared to what would be realistic. But that I dislike the idea doesn't mean it can't be used.
Freheliaz
Freheliaz

TORA Race Number : 26
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2014-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Hakkinen Fri 7 Nov 2014 - 19:23

Freheliaz wrote:This part confused me a bit.
- The best lap time from the team will be used so each team HAS to qualify to be eligible for this rule. So what if one driver is really really slow and he's the one who lags out? Well going by our calculations above, the driver would have to be lapping at 11mins 46.680 seconds or slower to achieve any benefit to his team by bending the rules. In essence, this rule helps but we still give you a penalty. Your stint will say, 'Completed 130mi and suffered mechanical difficulty which hindered the rest of their stint'.

So you are saying if a slower driver from the team lags out he gets miles added based on the teams qualifying result. But then you say that person lagged out at 130 miles and couldn't continue their stint due to mechanical issues.
What is it now? Does that person also get miles added or not.

Personally I completely dislike the idea of adding miles when you lag out, since if you were to suffer a punctured tire in real racing or anything other small you can still continue racing but you'd just be in the pits a long time. That's effectively the same as we have now. Why add miles to something that little? Because in order to get more miles in and be lagged out there will only be 30 minutes left of racing. The percentage of miles you get added on your miles driven is quite huge(about 33% of your driven miles at that point) compared to what would be realistic. But that I dislike the idea doesn't mean it can't be used.

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate all perspectives.

Essentially if you had a driver who lapped on average 11mins46secs or less then he'd actually get more from the rule than if he completed the stint. We don't forsee this being an issue. I went on to mention or should i clarify - that we will consider the lag out 'mechanical difficulties' just to put a label on it. Everyone who lags out will get something.

The fact that this is not real life racing and tyre punctures do not come into play (unfortunately) then we must steer clear of that aspect. The reality here is that many peoples events have ruined because of lag outs over the years and we want to patch that up. Yes you get miles you never ran but with a lag out you're still feeling the ill effects of the actual lag out which in my example is nearly 1 lap behind. The primary objective here is to make the lag outs have a less impact on peoples overall event. I mean, lag out on lap 1 in stint one and well, what are you chasing then? You live in the hope that all your competition have a lag out too.

Whilst I do see your point and wish we could simulate real life, unfortunately we have to take a real look at lag outs how to help the community.
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Lotterer Fri 7 Nov 2014 - 20:04

registration is open Smile
F4H Lotterer
F4H Lotterer

TORA Race Number : 001
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 6346
Registration date : 2012-03-05

http://Www.f4h.es

Back to top Go down

Post by TLR Scrublord Fri 7 Nov 2014 - 23:18

Well put Chris, the idea is a great one!
TLR Scrublord
TLR Scrublord

TORA Race Number : 11
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 2413
Registration date : 2012-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Blacky Mojo Sat 8 Nov 2014 - 13:42

Can someone check the Kia build? The PI is 578 instead of 575 with all installation parts and the power is higher. Maybe it's not Race Oil & Cooling but Sport Oil & Cooling?
Blacky Mojo
Blacky Mojo

TORA Race Number : 911
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2013-11-14

https://www.facebook.com/WippermannRacing/

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Hakkinen Sat 8 Nov 2014 - 18:08

Blacky Mojo wrote:Can someone check the Kia build? The PI is 578 instead of 575 with all installation parts and the power is higher. Maybe it's not Race Oil & Cooling but Sport Oil & Cooling?

Diablo is looking after that. I'll tell him
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

Back to top Go down

Post by XPR Moontower Tue 11 Nov 2014 - 20:44

Moontower is back and stoked for this race. Let's do it up Venom.
XPR Moontower
XPR Moontower

TORA Race Number : 879
Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2013-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Diablo 29x Wed 12 Nov 2014 - 3:45

Yes, sorry, forgot to change that over. Edited the build to make it correct.

Diablo 29x

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by cyphon68 Wed 12 Nov 2014 - 20:05

I'm interested to see how many different SP3 cars we get, as there appear to be only 2 or 3 truly valid choices. The BMW 1M seems to be a particularly bad choice. (500 lbs heavier than veloster, only 10 more horsepower)
cyphon68
cyphon68

TORA Race Number : 682
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2013-03-15

http://www.FormulaForza.com

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Hakkinen Wed 12 Nov 2014 - 20:09

I've contacted Tyler to see what he says. He focused on TCC while I focused on GT
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

Back to top Go down

Post by cyphon68 Wed 12 Nov 2014 - 20:51

It's ok either way, just looked a little curious to me
cyphon68
cyphon68

TORA Race Number : 682
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2013-03-15

http://www.FormulaForza.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Diablo 29x Wed 12 Nov 2014 - 22:32

BMW: 9:48.7xx

Hyundai: 9:49.0xx

^ each have 5 minute tunes

Looks are deceiving. In years past, some cars with low stats (Renault Megane, 07 Honda Civic, 07 Seat) have actually been the best. Last year, the F4H Civic at the Nurburgring was on rails but had -25 HP on the BMW, and was just as fast if not quicker.

I appreciate the feedback. If anyone finds major discrepancies, please PM me!

Last edited by F4H Diablo on Wed 12 Nov 2014 - 23:03; edited 1 time in total

Diablo 29x

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Deftone MX Wed 12 Nov 2014 - 22:56

That close to the GT cars?!
LMR Deftone MX
LMR Deftone MX

TORA Race Number : 275
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3634
Registration date : 2012-06-18

http://teamlmr.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TLR Scrublord Wed 12 Nov 2014 - 23:00

Pretty sure it's 9:48 Smile
TLR Scrublord
TLR Scrublord

TORA Race Number : 11
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 2413
Registration date : 2012-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next