TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
MSA TORA Daytona 24H - Live Timing - Page 6 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
MSA TORA Daytona 24H - Live Timing - Page 6 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
MSA TORA Daytona 24H - Live Timing - Page 6 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
MSA TORA Daytona 24H - Live Timing - Page 6 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
MSA TORA Daytona 24H - Live Timing - Page 6 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
MSA TORA Daytona 24H - Live Timing - Page 6 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
MSA TORA Daytona 24H - Live Timing - Page 6 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
MSA TORA Daytona 24H - Live Timing - Page 6 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
MSA TORA Daytona 24H - Live Timing - Page 6 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

MSA TORA Daytona 24H - Live Timing

+40
F4H Music Man
BAM Leigh
TSR Eyles
LMR QUATTRO
Om3ga73
TLR Scrublord
ShrinkingSteven
SVR Solar
Fleaver
TechnologicMau5
HCR generaltso
Focusatze
F4H Button
Biggsy tv
exp1osive sam
ART Carrera
MaynardMK4
Lonewolf8664
Ax4x Chaddy
LMR Sahara
WRA JoeVIR
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
HCR Motorhead
galeforce97
Scav3nger
TPR Zermatt
SGR Amber
Blacky Mojo
STR stug77
AdamWatson99
CQR Aero
DSRL Webbers88
LMP Dragon
Diablo 29x
DonatedSatyr227
theboomeranga
F4H Hakkinen
LZR Harmonic
Simply Law
TJSteel
44 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

MSA TORA Daytona 24H - Live Timing - Page 6 Empty Re: MSA TORA Daytona 24H - Live Timing

Post by MaynardMK4 Mon 25 Jan 2016 - 14:03

I was down for stint 12 but was covering for someone who ever slept for 11. No invites popped up on my screen for stint 12 so guessing I wasn't invited either?

Will the #34 Benedict Racing Hades car receive the projected mileage for stint 12?
MaynardMK4
MaynardMK4

TORA Race Number : 45
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2012-02-09

Back to top Go down

MSA TORA Daytona 24H - Live Timing - Page 6 Empty Re: MSA TORA Daytona 24H - Live Timing

Post by MaynardMK4 Mon 25 Jan 2016 - 14:04

Same for Stint 7. Our driver messaged the host to let them know he was doing a quick reset as he lost connection to the lobby before the stint started, But when he came back from resetting his xbox the stint had gone without him.
MaynardMK4
MaynardMK4

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Mon 25 Jan 2016 - 14:21

There will not be any predicted distance for any driver/team who didn't make a stint. While it is of course frustrating to lose ground on your competitors, TORA is not responsible for XBL issues or issues affecting drivers that are outside of our direct control.
Where all attempts have been made to invite the driver to no avail we have no option but to continue the lobby without them.
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by MaynardMK4 Mon 25 Jan 2016 - 14:30

So will the cars that have already been given mileage for stints they didn't take part in have the mileage removed? As someone posted above that a car received mileage for not getting an invite to stint 6?
MaynardMK4
MaynardMK4

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by SorrySmithy Mon 25 Jan 2016 - 14:31

Maynard093 wrote:I was down for stint 12 but was covering for someone who ever slept for 11. No invites popped up on my screen for stint 12 so guessing I wasn't invited either?

Will the #34 Benedict Racing Hades car receive the projected mileage for stint 12?

double stinting for stint 11->12 was not allowed, reason why you wouldn't have made it or even got invited possibly. (if I am understanding your post correctly and you were racing in stint 11)
SorrySmithy
SorrySmithy

TORA Race Number : 5
Number of posts : 1886
Registration date : 2012-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by MaynardMK4 Mon 25 Jan 2016 - 14:38

I know it wasn't. That's not the point I was making.

I was running 11 due to our driver sleeping through 4 alarms as his late evening stints became early morning stints due to delays on the Saturday, A whole separate issues that was beyond our teams control.

My point was that I was online and on Forza when stint 12 was being set up, Yet no invite never came my way. So I would not of been able to join stint 12 even if I was in a position to.

This is why I believe double stinting shouldn't be allowed at all. Why is it fair that people should wait a good hour for 1 person who's double stinting, But then can't have the same courtesy extended to them for the stints they're now delayed for.

It needs to be available for all stints, Or no stints in my opinion. Not just "Oh sorry, It just happens you're the ones unlucky enough to lose out because someone else was delayed on an earlier stint, But luckily that stint allowed double stinting" A good 50-60 hours of practicing since early December down the drain for this event. Sad
MaynardMK4
MaynardMK4

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by MaynardMK4 Mon 25 Jan 2016 - 14:43

No double stinting and these events would run a WHOLE lot smoother. I get its a pain in the arse for some, But there's a lot of time commitment that goes into these, And more needs to be done to stay on time when you've got people committing to running stints at 2,4, And 6AM in the morning.

I had to leave a friend stranded without a lift at 1AM in the morning due to my 10-12 stint not starting until 11:30pm. TORA expects drivers to show up well in time for their stint, So the same courtesy should be extended to the competitors and the timetable should be followed more strictly.
MaynardMK4
MaynardMK4

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by STR stug77 Mon 25 Jan 2016 - 14:45

I'm sorry but that's garbage and why we're drivers under the impression they would have this done if something like not receiving an invite is clearly out of their control? Surely it is on the organisers to ensure the correct drivers are present and correct for the start of each stint unless they have already informed race control they would not be present or there has been a driver change then surely it should be assumed that said driver will indeed be waiting to start the next stint?
I can't imagine many teams putting up with unreliable drivers scrl for example have a vetting process and I know for a fact all of our drivers were present and waiting for each stint......EVEN when the stints were running well over an hour late I might add but having said that this rant is not in relation to that so ill park it lol.

STR stug77

TORA Race Number : 77
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2013-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by STR stug77 Mon 25 Jan 2016 - 14:49

Furthermore it wasn't an xbl issue as far as I understand it ...It was a host issue not inviting the driver/s

STR stug77

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Mon 25 Jan 2016 - 14:59

stug77 wrote:Ok solar oh and great work from you and the guys at the weekend

Cheers bud Smile appreciate it alot of hard work went into the weekend, from Teams and the Staff, i hope you guys all enjoyed the racing and Live Stream that was provided by TORA hopefully Sebring will bring enjoyment and not frustration as this 1 has Smile Onwards and Upwards i say
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

TORA Race Number : 202
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2014-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by STR stug77 Mon 25 Jan 2016 - 15:01

Any negative comments it's nothing personal to anyone as I appreciate and fully understand the work involved I'm just fighting for the team as alot of hard work went 8nto it as im sure all the other teams did too

STR stug77

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by MaynardMK4 Mon 25 Jan 2016 - 15:03

stug77 wrote:Any negative comments it's nothing personal to anyone as I appreciate and fully understand the work involved I'm just fighting for the team as alot of hard work went 8nto it as im sure all the other teams did too

Second this. Not trying to bring the staff down, Or intentionally cause problems. I just know a fair few drivers share the same concerns I do, So I'm voicing them in the hopes that they may help improve future events.
MaynardMK4
MaynardMK4

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by CrashCaderz Mon 25 Jan 2016 - 15:08

I think for future events the host for each stints should be made public on the forum so everyone knows who to get an invite from and also add the host to their contacts so it's easier to get in contact with them incase of a driver swap, issue etc.

But I think some people need to relax, it's near impossible to run events like these without drama or issues, even though it can be frustrating.

CrashCaderz

TORA Race Number : 691
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2014-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Mon 25 Jan 2016 - 15:12

Any team given predicted distance that didn't lag out, will lose that distance.
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Lonewolf8664 Mon 25 Jan 2016 - 15:13

FranchittiFan wrote:There will not be any predicted distance for any driver/team who didn't make a stint. While it is of course frustrating to lose ground on your competitors, TORA is not responsible for XBL issues or issues affecting drivers that are outside of our direct control.
Where all attempts have been made to invite the driver to no avail we have no option but to continue the lobby without them.

What a load of bull, what attempts were made to invite my guy on stint 12??? None, there was no xbl issues at the time, no mention of lobby host on the day or prior, you need to find yourself better lobby hosts, ones that will actually look at the driver list and send invites to EVERYONE.
Lonewolf8664
Lonewolf8664

TORA Race Number : 638
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 194
Registration date : 2014-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by STR stug77 Mon 25 Jan 2016 - 15:20

That is a load of bs to be fair franchittifan as it seems rather than correct the issue (use a formula to determine what distance would have been acheived) u blame xbl and basically find anything to use as a scapegoat rather than hold your hands up and say "yes it was an organisational error" and compensate drivers that were there waiting to race but we're simply not invited or over looked.

STR stug77

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by MaynardMK4 Mon 25 Jan 2016 - 15:21

I don't think results will ever be credible for this event, Which is a shame as this is supposed to be round 1 of a championship.
MaynardMK4
MaynardMK4

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by galeforce97 Mon 25 Jan 2016 - 15:36

The thing is the issue they are talking about is not something that is shown by the service status page. Its weird but sometimes the invites do not show up. I can confidently say that the host of stint 12 did invite all of the drivers taking part. The reason for no double stinting is so that the stint starts on time. If it was 12 o'clock and your driver had not received an invite they should have messaged the host or joined off of one of the other drivers in the stint. The lobby host received a message from only one driver that missed stint 12 and it was 45 minutes into the stint.
galeforce97
galeforce97

TORA Race Number : 197
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2014-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Mon 25 Jan 2016 - 15:43

This stops now!

Where in ANY event do you get points awarded for not even taking part?
My team suffered a missed stint. Are we kicking off about it? No.

PLEASE remember that YOU as a driver have the opportunity on XBL to invite YOURSELF into a lobby. I had to do this myself as I randomly got kicked from my own lobby and jumped back in by going to the gamertag of someone in there.
While, yes there were a small number of administrative errors there were an equal number of issues caused by drivers not complying with rules. Simple, basic rules that apply to any and all sim racing and real racing activities!

I've posted my thoughts elsewhere that this was a learning curve for a team that haven't run a 24h together before. We have used the foundations of our previous TEC races to bring this together. I'd expect for 95% of the racer it was a good event and they enjoyed it. Yet I come on here on Monday to see in fighting, petulance and almost zero constructive debate. It's a game. It's meant to be fun but also, as with all games and competition it's not always fair. There's no money being won, no big trophy to display in a cabinet.
So what are you actually fighting over? What are you trying to prove? Bragging rights?
I think some people here need to grow up, accept the event for what it was and move on to the next. That is what grown ups do. Sadly this morning I see very few of those.

Disappointing.
Matt
Matt

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14648
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MaynardMK4 Mon 25 Jan 2016 - 15:47

I'm more concerned with the fact that lobby 2 used a completely wrong way to start each stint. Different from both the posted rule on these forums (That all members are expected to read, So I'd like to think staff do as well), Or the second method that we apparently changed to during the race (Yet nothing was said in any stints about the start procedure changing).

I've helped run series before, Big and small. How hard is it to make sure everyone actually knows the rules of the event? Especially staff members who are hosting lobbies.

That is why I don't see the results being credible as lobby 2 was run incorrectly for the entire event. This is round 1 of a championship, And mistakes made here may well have an effect on the championship down the line.
MaynardMK4
MaynardMK4

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by MaynardMK4 Mon 25 Jan 2016 - 15:48

The staff expect their members to do things like make sure we're in the correct lobby and on time for our stints. So I think it's only fair that we expect the staff to run the events correctly.
MaynardMK4
MaynardMK4

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by WRA JoeVIR Mon 25 Jan 2016 - 16:04

Guys the race is over positions have been finalized. Get over it move on to Sebring. Make Sebring the event Daytona lacked in areas. My team in the Viper eventually withdrew our car due to 4 lag outs. We didn't blame anyone we just excepted the fact that Forza still has many problems. But to everyone who is wanting to blame the staff for everything in this event you're an IDIOT. Yes they had problems but realize even with 10 people running an event and with several also competing its very hard. You all try fixing and running a 24h race that has no issues if it works flawlessly then come back here and show them your better way. So as a conclusion to this event as a whole I commend everyone who stood out the 24h and to the TORA TEC Staff for giving everyone a chance to take part in the only Forza 6 24H of Daytona.
WRA JoeVIR
WRA JoeVIR

TORA Race Number : 100
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2015-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Mon 25 Jan 2016 - 16:05

Maynard093 wrote:The staff expect their members to do things like make sure we're in the correct lobby and on time for our stints. So I think it's only fair that we expect the staff to run the events correctly.

I'd like to point out that a good number of hosts were not 'staff' as you term it.
Matt
Matt

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Mon 25 Jan 2016 - 16:10

WRA JoeVIR wrote:Guys the race is over positions have been finalized. Get over it move on to Sebring. Make Sebring the event Daytona lacked in areas. My team in the Viper eventually withdrew our car due to 4 lag outs. We didn't blame anyone we just excepted the fact that Forza still has many problems. But to everyone who is wanting to blame the staff for everything in this event you're an IDIOT. Yes they had problems but realize even with 10 people running an event and with several also competing its very hard. You all try fixing and running a 24h race that has no issues if it works flawlessly then come back here and show them your better way. So as a conclusion to this event as a whole I commend everyone who stood out the 24h and to the TORA TEC Staff for giving everyone a chance to take part in the only Forza 6 24H of Daytona.

Thank you for that. It is appreciated.
Matt
Matt

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSCOEpCOTRAIN Mon 25 Jan 2016 - 17:04

how can they be complete when two of our stints are 0 mil and we
A. had three lagouts
B. Nobrakes had 168mil when he lagged out
c. I had 115 ???
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

TORA Race Number : 33
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1447
Registration date : 2012-11-17

http://neinshiza.net84.net  neinshiza.the-talk.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next