TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
MSA TORA Daytona 24H - Live Timing - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
MSA TORA Daytona 24H - Live Timing - Page 3 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
MSA TORA Daytona 24H - Live Timing - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
MSA TORA Daytona 24H - Live Timing - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
MSA TORA Daytona 24H - Live Timing - Page 3 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
MSA TORA Daytona 24H - Live Timing - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
MSA TORA Daytona 24H - Live Timing - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
MSA TORA Daytona 24H - Live Timing - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
MSA TORA Daytona 24H - Live Timing - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

MSA TORA Daytona 24H - Live Timing

+40
F4H Music Man
BAM Leigh
TSR Eyles
LMR QUATTRO
Om3ga73
TLR Scrublord
ShrinkingSteven
SVR Solar
Fleaver
TechnologicMau5
HCR generaltso
Focusatze
F4H Button
Biggsy tv
exp1osive sam
ART Carrera
MaynardMK4
Lonewolf8664
Ax4x Chaddy
LMR Sahara
WRA JoeVIR
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
HCR Motorhead
galeforce97
Scav3nger
TPR Zermatt
SGR Amber
Blacky Mojo
STR stug77
AdamWatson99
CQR Aero
DSRL Webbers88
LMP Dragon
Diablo 29x
DonatedSatyr227
theboomeranga
F4H Hakkinen
LZR Harmonic
Simply Law
TJSteel
44 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

MSA TORA Daytona 24H - Live Timing - Page 3 Empty Re: MSA TORA Daytona 24H - Live Timing

Post by Biggsy tv Sun 24 Jan 2016 - 19:23

exp1osive sam wrote:
Lonewolf8646 wrote:What happens to a drivers mileage if the host never sent an invite? bit crap we loose out cause of one persons [Censored] up, can we get a projected mileage for mrstepanov for stint 11 please?

This was an issue for us too because dizzy cupid was online but not invited. In his other two stints he got 210 miles each. I know it's hard to project milage for someone who didn't actually race but as said before, we take a penalty because somebody failed to do their job properly. It's each drivers responsibility to be online and ready for the lobby on time, it's the hosts responsibility to make sure everybody is gets in

If our driver had got in and done another 210 miles which is very likely, it would have put us in or around the top three which would have been incredible. As it happens we're currently down in ninth, so it makes a huge difference. I think this has happened to multiple people across multiple lobbies over the weekend so perhaps something to work on for Sebring and beyond, and also there should be a system in place if this were tto happen again.

Our team think 200 miles is a fair milage to be given, as we are still losing 10 miles or nearly 3 laps on what he would normally have done, but I know there could be plenty of arguments against that. If there's a system in place next time, then there will be no doubts.

Otherwise, a fantastic race and can't wait for Sebring!!!

Same here. Although I had tech issues and admittedly late, I managed to get into stint 11 lobby literally 5 seconds too late. When I joined I noticed they had set off, and when checking the stream of people who were in that lobby, they were still loading into the session, even with the delay on twitch so I knew I literally just missed it. I said to those streaming and a msg to morphader I was there but I got zero response
Biggsy tv
Biggsy tv

TORA Race Number : 441
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 7494
Registration date : 2009-05-23

http://www.twitch.tv/Biggsy

Back to top Go down

MSA TORA Daytona 24H - Live Timing - Page 3 Empty Re: MSA TORA Daytona 24H - Live Timing

Post by F4H Button Sun 24 Jan 2016 - 19:31

Just wondering why I've got 0 for stint 6? I lagged out with 19 minutes remaining.
F4H Button
F4H Button

Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 1303
Registration date : 2012-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by TJSteel Sun 24 Jan 2016 - 19:37

Right, that's all of the data I've received from any hosts input into the doc

if you see a stint that you lagged out of, and it's showing 0, this is because there is data missing, if that is true, please reply telling me how many miles you'd gone, and how long you'd been driving for and I can add this to our lagout sheet.

lagout calculation is milage + (85% of the distance you would have travelled from the time of lagout based on qualifying time)

if the milage, or time is missing it can't calculate it so will show a 0 until this information is obtained.

I don't have time to check everyone's profiles right now as there were a lot of lagouts but any of the marshals can input this data for you.

And thanks to everyone that entered, you have literally no idea how hard it is to try and keep on top of the timing for this for every stint, setup lobbies, make sure everyone know's what they're doing, and race. I'm shattered but can't wait for the next race Smile

If there are any of you's out there that think you can make the next race be even better, let me know how you can help, spreadsheet guru's are always welcome.
TJSteel
TJSteel

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1598
Registration date : 2014-04-24

http://happycatracing.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Button Sun 24 Jan 2016 - 19:41

TJ, I had 19 minutes left and 194 miles on the clock in Stint 6 for F4H Blue Sonja
F4H Button
F4H Button

Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 1303
Registration date : 2012-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Focusatze Sun 24 Jan 2016 - 19:57

Ok, then again:

Focusatze

Stint 10

20 seconds left

211 miles
Focusatze
Focusatze

TORA Race Number : 666
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2015-12-19

http://www.forzalife.de

Back to top Go down

Post by galeforce97 Sun 24 Jan 2016 - 19:59

MrJBfan was at 103 miles when he lagged out at roughly 45 minutes into stint 6
galeforce97
galeforce97

TORA Race Number : 197
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2014-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Hakkinen Sun 24 Jan 2016 - 20:10

That lagout rule doesn't protect anybody but kinda only favours people who lag out later in the stints. 85% of someone in LMP who lags out early is around 205 miles. That's a 35 mile loss. You may as well not even apply the rule because they are 10 laps behind. This does not help your retention rate. That formula is too simple. Not enough thought.
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

TORA Race Number : 379
Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Sun 24 Jan 2016 - 20:23

honestly, I'd prefer no lagout protection. You get what you get.

Forza giveth and forza taketh away.
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

TORA Race Number : 12
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 5771
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by LZR Harmonic Sun 24 Jan 2016 - 21:02

F4H Chrisupra wrote:That lagout rule doesn't protect anybody but kinda only favours people who lag out later in the stints. 85% of someone in LMP who lags out early is around 205 miles. That's a 35 mile loss. You may as well not even apply the rule because they are 10 laps behind. This does not help your retention rate. That formula is too simple. Not enough thought.

You clearly have no idea how the formula works because your numbers are entirely off.
LZR Harmonic
LZR Harmonic

TORA Race Number : 273
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 1119
Registration date : 2013-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Diablo 29x Sun 24 Jan 2016 - 21:06

LMR Harmonic wrote:
F4H Chrisupra wrote:That lagout rule doesn't protect anybody but kinda only favours people who lag out later in the stints. 85% of someone in LMP who lags out early is around 205 miles. That's a 35 mile loss. You may as well not even apply the rule because they are 10 laps behind. This does not help your retention rate. That formula is too simple. Not enough thought.

You clearly have no idea how the formula works because your numbers are entirely off.

Then what is the formula?

Diablo 29x

TORA Race Number : 29
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3628
Registration date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by LZR Harmonic Sun 24 Jan 2016 - 21:17

It doesn't need to be disclosed. No one participating needs to know it, and the testing team should be the only ones that do. If the staff chooses to release it, then fine. But for now, it's not necessary to know - it could promote abusing the rule. Knowing that you get SOMETHING back should be enough.
LZR Harmonic
LZR Harmonic

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by TechnologicMau5 Sun 24 Jan 2016 - 21:26

So you say I should be able to just turn off my console without saying anything and "lag out" on lap 2 but still pull 230mi without actually doing anything?
TechnologicMau5
TechnologicMau5

TORA Race Number : 30
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 938
Registration date : 2014-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by MaynardMK4 Sun 24 Jan 2016 - 21:29

Maynard093 wrote:My distance is wrong for stint 5 (#34 BR Audi). Show's I completed a distance of 208.24, Compared to my stint 1 at 209.58. Yet I completed 205 miles in stint 1, And 207 miles in stint 5.
MaynardMK4
MaynardMK4

TORA Race Number : 45
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2012-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by LZR Harmonic Sun 24 Jan 2016 - 21:31

We might as well trash this event and take it as a learning experience. It's so disorganized that the results probably won't ever be correct.
LZR Harmonic
LZR Harmonic

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleaver Sun 24 Jan 2016 - 21:36

LMR Harmonic wrote:We might as well trash this event and take it as a learning experience. It's so disorganized that the results probably won't ever be correct.

Absolutely not. I, for one, am not willing to throw in the towel due to some headaches. Between everyone, thousands of hours went into this event.

Fleaver

TORA Race Number : 123
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2011-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSCOEpCOTRAIN Sun 24 Jan 2016 - 22:00

TSR Noodle wrote:same with our Nissan for 11 and 12, but can only wait for now.
noodle mike ran out of fuel rite infront of me he nursed the car 3/4 of the way around and then disconnected nobody hopped in to stint 12 to stream as I was the only one streaming
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

TORA Race Number : 33
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1447
Registration date : 2012-11-17

http://neinshiza.net84.net  neinshiza.the-talk.net

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Sun 24 Jan 2016 - 22:14

so much bashing so much headache, cant people give this a rest some off us people including the Staff, have tried our hardest to give you live feeds, and try keeping the docs up to date, give credit where its due please, instead of constantly slamming us its getting unfair and uncalled for considering how long some off us actually stayed up for to keep this event going through the night.

but good racing all around congratz to everyone Smile
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

TORA Race Number : 202
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2014-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Hakkinen Sun 24 Jan 2016 - 22:50

TechnologicMau5 wrote:

So you say I should be able to just turn off my console without saying anything and "lag out" on lap 2 but still pull 230mi without actually doing anything?

Why would anyone in their right mind turn off their Xbox?! If I am wanting to win, I don't turn off my Xbox. All those weeks of practise, all the time spent and giving up my weekend just to turn off my Xbox? AND, lose about 10 miles on the leaders?

Please come back to me after you've thought about this.
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Hakkinen Sun 24 Jan 2016 - 22:52

LMR Harmonic wrote:

I apologise for not inserting 'give or take a few miles'. You're avoiding my point and being petty.
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Sun 24 Jan 2016 - 23:08

ok, so in stints 7 and 11, Chaos th30ry lagged out of his stints at 300km and 180km respectively, but he has been given a distance of 0 for both?
300/1.6 is 187.5mi and 180/1.6 is 112.5mi, so that's 300mi that the Erebus SLS has missed out on, and that's the difference between 15th and 9/10th???
That;s not cool!!
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

TORA Race Number : 31
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7110
Registration date : 2011-12-02

https://www.facebook.com/NSR.Esports1

Back to top Go down

Post by Blacky Mojo Sun 24 Jan 2016 - 23:14

Thanks for updating Stint 10! I was very unpatient and hitting F5 all 5 minutes. Glad to have our 3rd place in GT back Very Happy
Blacky Mojo
Blacky Mojo

TORA Race Number : 911
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2013-11-14

https://www.facebook.com/WippermannRacing/

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Sun 24 Jan 2016 - 23:18

TechnologicMau5 wrote:

ah yes, the ole start-n-park

minimal effort, but not a bad payday.
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

TORA Race Number : 12
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 5771
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by LZR Harmonic Sun 24 Jan 2016 - 23:21

Fleaver wrote:
LMR Harmonic wrote:We might as well trash this event and take it as a learning experience. It's so disorganized that the results probably won't ever be correct.

Absolutely not. I, for one, am not willing to throw in the towel due to some headaches. Between everyone, thousands of hours went into this event.

Thousands of hours wasted if you ask the majority here. The event went belly up when it started... People receiving unjust penalties, winning teams not getting penalized for going backwards because they missed a pit... It's a joke. Withdrawing the car was the best thing my team did throughout the whole event.

HCR Solar wrote:so much bashing so much headache, cant people give this a rest some off us people including the Staff, have tried our hardest to give you live feeds, and try keeping the docs up to date, give credit where its due please, instead of constantly slamming us its getting unfair and uncalled for considering how long some off us actually stayed up for to keep this event going through the night.

There wouldn't be a bit of slamming if more things actually went right than went wrong. This is the most haphazardly prepared TEC event in TORA history. We've done these for years, so this lack of organization is beyond unacceptable.

F4H Chrisupra wrote:
TechnologicMau5 wrote:

Why would anyone in their right mind turn off their Xbox?! If I am wanting to win, I don't turn off my Xbox. All those weeks of practise, all the time spent and giving up my weekend just to turn off my Xbox? AND, lose about 10 miles on the leaders?

His analysis is completely correct whether you think so or not, Chris. What would be harder to recover from, a 10 mile deficit or a 240 mile deficit?

F4H Chrisupra wrote:
LMR Harmonic wrote:

I apologise for not inserting 'give or take a few miles'. You're avoiding my point and being petty.

I'm not avoiding your point - I already disproved it above, and that doesn't change the fact that your numbers are off, and again, you don't know how lag outs are taken into account. If your teammate is asking me how it's done, you clearly don't know, so leave it at that.
LZR Harmonic
LZR Harmonic

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by TJSteel Sun 24 Jan 2016 - 23:23

F4H Diablo wrote:
LMR Harmonic wrote:

Then what is the formula?

As an example, Chrisupra's car the #379 if they lagged out before the race started, they would get 214.57 Miles based on their qualifying time (129593 / 1:29.593) using the following formula

=miles before lagout + ((how long the stint is (105 minutes converted to ms) - how long you raced for) * lap length (3.59) convert to 85% (*0.85)

=sum(C44+((((105*60*1000)-G44)/(H44-100000+60000))*3.59)*0.85)
C44 = Miles before lagout
G44 = Time of lagout in milliseconds
H44 = laptime typed without symbols

H44-100000+60000 takes the minute off as 100000 isn't 1 minute in ms, then adds 60000 which is a minute in ms.

If you have something better please share and if we agree it is better and doesn't give advantage to people dropping out we could use it for future endurance events. I'll be honest in saying that I didn't come up with the idea for the way this was to be calculated, I just wrote the formula for it but miles + 85% is better than miles + 0 right, lol

#3 Yamagura lagged once after driving for 1hr 11 and still lost 25 mile, battled through and managed 6th, if we didn't gain the 85% for the rest, we'd have lost 93 mile and would have been 8th so it did help a little.

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN wrote:
TSR Noodle wrote:same with our Nissan for 11 and 12, but can only wait for now.
noodle mike  ran out of fuel rite infront of me he nursed the car 3/4 of the way around and then disconnected nobody hopped in to stint 12 to stream as I was the only one streaming

I was streaming this too actually and do remember him limping his car over the grass at the bus stop before disconnecting

ErebusV8 wrote:ok, so in stints 7 and 11, Chaos th30ry lagged out of his stints at 300km and 180km respectively, but he has been given a distance of 0 for both?
300/1.6 is 187.5mi and 180/1.6 is 112.5mi, so that's 300mi that the Erebus SLS has missed out on, and that's the difference between 15th and 9/10th???
That;s not cool!!

Sorry but I had stint 7 as DNS but the data was in for their DNF,

As for stint 11 see here:

HCR TJSteel wrote:Right, that's all of the data I've received from any hosts input into the doc

if you see a stint that you lagged out of, and it's showing 0, this is because there is data missing, if that is true, please reply telling me how many miles you'd gone, and how long you'd been driving for and I can add this to our lagout sheet.

lagout calculation is milage + (85% of the distance you would have travelled from the time of lagout based on qualifying time)

if the milage, or time is missing it can't calculate it so will show a 0 until this information is obtained.

I don't have time to check everyone's profiles right now as there were a lot of lagouts but any of the marshals can input this data for you.

And thanks to everyone that entered, you have literally no idea how hard it is to try and keep on top of the timing for this for every stint, setup lobbies, make sure everyone know's what they're doing, and race. I'm shattered but can't wait for the next race Smile

If there are any of you's out there that think you can make the next race be even better, let me know how you can help, spreadsheet guru's are always welcome.

I have miles but no time driven
TJSteel
TJSteel

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by TJSteel Sun 24 Jan 2016 - 23:25

LMR Harmonic wrote:winning teams not getting penalized for going backwards because they missed a pit...

Who was this? If your referring to iceman that's been dealt with, if you know something we don't, please share so we can rectify the issue
TJSteel
TJSteel

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next