TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TORA TASCAR Season 5 - Round 1 - Daytona 500 (discussion thread) - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORA TASCAR Season 5 - Round 1 - Daytona 500 (discussion thread) - Page 3 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TORA TASCAR Season 5 - Round 1 - Daytona 500 (discussion thread) - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA TASCAR Season 5 - Round 1 - Daytona 500 (discussion thread) - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA TASCAR Season 5 - Round 1 - Daytona 500 (discussion thread) - Page 3 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA TASCAR Season 5 - Round 1 - Daytona 500 (discussion thread) - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA TASCAR Season 5 - Round 1 - Daytona 500 (discussion thread) - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA TASCAR Season 5 - Round 1 - Daytona 500 (discussion thread) - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA TASCAR Season 5 - Round 1 - Daytona 500 (discussion thread) - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA TASCAR Season 5 - Round 1 - Daytona 500 (discussion thread)

+23
Ax4x Broomz
Sidewayz06Stang
Vice255
Myopiceagl3
CBR GnS Racing
Fazed Intro
HNT Awesome
CallMehDarkside
HCR Mad Bull
EZT Neo 45
Ax4x Mikey J
TalestWalnut
TechnologicMau5
WRA Tower
MID LAND ZETA
Ax4x Chaddy
FSR Groves
WPYD Tundra
STR stug77
theboomeranga
SGR Amber
connor7195
LMR DarthMario
27 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

TORA TASCAR Season 5 - Round 1 - Daytona 500 (discussion thread) - Page 3 Empty Re: TORA TASCAR Season 5 - Round 1 - Daytona 500 (discussion thread)

Post by FSR Groves Sat 2 Jul 2016 - 23:59

Flyin Mikey J wrote:
jgroves1996 wrote:Lobby B was appalling. There was no way in hell that I'm staying up until 3AM because of idiots. We got people trying win the race on the first lap of the first SEGMENT, as well as other idiots calling caution when they clearly can't count how many cars were involved. It was an utter shambles. We had 8 cautions in the first 40 laps!! Ridiculous.

I commend RadiationLouis for trying to keep that under control, but people just weren't listening. I feel that the other oval rounds will be fine, but Pack Racing will not work if people continue to be absolute asshats.

Maybe its a good thing I backed out hosting then, as due to no damage, I was going to ignore the yellow flag protocols entirely and run 40 green flag laps regardless.

Honestly, that would've been brilliant! Either that or a set competition caution halfway through the segment! Like I said it's only gonna be Daytona that will be THIS bad, Homestead and Indy will be so much better for sure!
FSR Groves
FSR Groves

TORA Race Number : 96
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2013-01-03

Back to top Go down

TORA TASCAR Season 5 - Round 1 - Daytona 500 (discussion thread) - Page 3 Empty Re: TORA TASCAR Season 5 - Round 1 - Daytona 500 (discussion thread)

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Sun 3 Jul 2016 - 0:03

My reason was to simply speed up the show.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by DDM Driv3 Sun 3 Jul 2016 - 2:14

There were a couple of fleeting incidents in A lobby but for a 200 lap race I think it went pretty well Smile Looking forward to RoadAm!
DDM Driv3
DDM Driv3

TORA Race Number : 6
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1597
Registration date : 2014-06-17

https://griptekperformance.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LMP Dragon Sun 3 Jul 2016 - 2:14

Lobby B was so bad I daren't even try to figure out how it could be improved. I've had an emotionally stressful night tonight and I even had a moment where I actually felt bad for everyone. Even myself.

Unlucky to those who had issues but there can't be so many accidents as this in the future... It's not right and it's not fair.

I hope it will improve from here on out but please, everyone, sort out the driving.

Last edited by LMP Dragon on Sun 3 Jul 2016 - 2:18; edited 1 time in total
LMP Dragon
LMP Dragon

TORA Race Number : 93
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1671
Registration date : 2013-05-17

http://lmpdragon.jgsw.me

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Sun 3 Jul 2016 - 13:05

Cant lie and say I enjoyed the race last night Neutral
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR DarthMario Sun 3 Jul 2016 - 15:41

Its become apparent driving standards need to be stepped up. I'm not going to point fingers, but from what I've learned, that in the beginning of the 2nd lobby, there were more wrecks than there were laps ran under green, and that's not much of an exaggeration. Granted, small mistakes on a track like Daytona can have big impacts, a little self cautiousness can go a long way.
And yes, I, as the series organizer, have to apologize for the inconsistent use of the caution periods. But, As for the accusations for constant rule changes, these did not cater to any person or team in particular. And they were to coincide with the evolution of the games on hand. In previous TASCAR seasons, Oval races were set to Cosmetic damage only, but a mandated pit was posted. Now, we have the Tire & Fuel wear option and the Quickstop. Also in seasons past, strict tuning limitations were set for the ovals, but on the previous-gen console games, we were able to “gift” tunes to easily determine if a tune was breaking those limitations. None of that 'gifting' is possible at this point in time on the current-gen console games, so the Stock tuning on the Ovals was set. The last full season was ran on FM4 back in 2014, so things are a bit rusty, and I'm trying to rub the Coca-Cola on it to polish things back up.
As for the defense of one driver not using a headset or communication, is because his hearing is near complete deaf status, that if he were to use a headset of any kind, he could very well lose what little hearing he has left. As for putting the chat session to go to the speakers, I am not sure how his setup is arranged, so I cannot tell you if this is possible.

And I have not ignored your input for a different way of scoring these oval races due to the 'segments' that are ran. I'm considering a scoring system quite similar to how RadiationLouis scores his Indy 500, where the finishing times of each driver's 'segment' is totaled together for an overall finish, thusly possibly giving those in a lower lobby a shot at a higher finish. But, to coincide with this, cautions on the ovals would be done away with altogether. I'll get with Louis and the creator of the docs to see if it can be implemented.
LMR DarthMario
LMR DarthMario

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 8184
Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by SPRINTCAR29K Sun 3 Jul 2016 - 17:02

I think the race in lobby a was pretty good an the cautions actually got better I think it just took some people to calm down an the cautions calmed down as for the rest of the ovals I don't there will be many cations beings you don't have to bump draft at Indy and homestead I think those two places are gonna put on the best racing yet for the ovals I wouldn't change anything with the caution periods
SPRINTCAR29K
SPRINTCAR29K

TORA Race Number : 41
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2016-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by DDM Driv3 Sun 3 Jul 2016 - 22:03

I think Daytona is a very difficult track to start the season with. From what I've been hearing from my teammate who was in b lobby and from other drivers too, I agree that the standards of driving need to be increased. People at times sounded too ballsy for their boots and went for moves that were silly and caused accidents. Other drivers needed to make sure there was room to come down onto the low line from up high as I know a couple accidents were caused there... The point is that I feel we were all excited and nervous about the racing and sometimes we needed to think before we acted. Road courses are more forgiving and we have one next which I think will help people to settle into their cars more. I only hope this kind of thing doesn't happen at Homestead in round 3...
DDM Driv3
DDM Driv3

TORA Race Number : 6
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1597
Registration date : 2014-06-17

https://griptekperformance.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Fazed Intro Sun 3 Jul 2016 - 22:51

Mr Driv3 wrote:I think Daytona is a very difficult track to start the season with. From what I've been hearing from my teammate who was in b lobby and from other drivers too, I agree that the standards of driving need to be increased. People at times sounded too ballsy for their boots and went for moves that were silly and caused accidents. Other drivers needed to make sure there was room to come down onto the low line from up high as I know a couple accidents were caused there... The point is that I feel we were all excited and nervous about the racing and sometimes we needed to think before we acted. Road courses are more forgiving and we have one next which I think will help people to settle into their cars more. I only hope this kind of thing doesn't happen at Homestead in round 3...

Lobby B was a major ClusterF*@k on the opening stints, in fairness to everyone, we managed to settle down and work as a group to bring the numbers of cautions down, I completely agree with you, the standards do need to be better and hopefully by Homestead, all the kinks will be ironed out
Fazed Intro
Fazed Intro

TORA Race Number : 995
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2013-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by TechnologicMau5 Mon 4 Jul 2016 - 4:46

People just need to stop deluding themselves into the thought that we're all "pros". It was the first race of the season, in cars that haven't been raced on TORA before, and the first true Oval race on current gen outside of the 2 Indy 500's that have been run, of which only a few people who showed up last night have run. Based on the progress of Blobby, people were certainly learning, and future races will get better as everyone gains more experience.

If you want realism, professionalism, and races that are actually worth being serious about, go play P.CARS and enjoy it's net code. Or you know, you could go to a real race track. Sure, I'll be one of the first people to bring up all the rebuttals: "There isn't a proper track even close to me." "I can't afford to have a car, let alone race one." But I'm not going to buy into the delusion that online racing, particularly on Forza, is somehow a substitute for that. This is virtual racing, it is a game, and Forza is certainly a far cry away from even allowing us to participate on a "professional" level.

If you're going to whine and moan about race quality and quit after the first round of the first season, then you are welcome to leave. It'll only help filter down the field to people who are actually here to have fun. We all have a way that we can improve the quality of everything here on TORA, and for some, all that means is a reality check and a change of attitude.

We are not paid or rewarded for being here, it is a hobby we all elect to spend our free time on. Get over it, or go home.
TechnologicMau5
TechnologicMau5

TORA Race Number : 30
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 938
Registration date : 2014-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by TechnologicMau5 Mon 4 Jul 2016 - 4:54

Keep up the good work Mario, I look forward to getting TASCAR back to it's full potential. I for one quite enjoyed the race, despite having to miss qualy and ultimately losing internet for 3min in the last stint. Cheers
TechnologicMau5
TechnologicMau5

TORA Race Number : 30
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 938
Registration date : 2014-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by MID LAND ZETA Mon 4 Jul 2016 - 5:32

Can't wait for r2
MID LAND ZETA
MID LAND ZETA

TORA Race Number : 639
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 587
Registration date : 2013-04-11

https://mlzdesigns.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by EZT Neo 45 Tue 5 Jul 2016 - 0:12

I really think Daytona is easier than Homestead or Indianapolis. Hope things go better.
EZT Neo 45
EZT Neo 45

TORA Race Number : 236
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 1024
Registration date : 2009-07-22

https://eztmotorsport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MID LAND ZETA Tue 5 Jul 2016 - 2:54

TORA TASCAR Season 5 - Round 1 - Daytona 500 (discussion thread) - Page 3 28015655741_a23fb2b5f9_ctascar #20 by zechariah, on Flickr
MID LAND ZETA
MID LAND ZETA

TORA Race Number : 639
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 587
Registration date : 2013-04-11

https://mlzdesigns.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3