TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
American Endurance Cup Round 1: Daytona 24 General Chat - Page 4 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
American Endurance Cup Round 1: Daytona 24 General Chat - Page 4 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
American Endurance Cup Round 1: Daytona 24 General Chat - Page 4 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
American Endurance Cup Round 1: Daytona 24 General Chat - Page 4 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
American Endurance Cup Round 1: Daytona 24 General Chat - Page 4 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
American Endurance Cup Round 1: Daytona 24 General Chat - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
American Endurance Cup Round 1: Daytona 24 General Chat - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
American Endurance Cup Round 1: Daytona 24 General Chat - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
American Endurance Cup Round 1: Daytona 24 General Chat - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

American Endurance Cup Round 1: Daytona 24 General Chat

+39
AMS Turismo
HCCR Rabidus
ERT Vader
SGR Phloofy
paul299
WELL DONE BAKU
DOR Vantage
ShrinkingSteven
mrstepanov
Capirossi22
Deadduck82
SVR Solar
Lonewolf8664
Grizzly IG
xVampirAx
HCR generaltso
F4H bandicoot
WR Watcher
F4H Carrera
MaynardMK4
HCR Motorhead
Radiation Louis
Blacky Mojo
Dragonsyoung
RW26 BLAZE
DDM Driv3
Freheliaz
FIA LMC Alflo
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
henkymetcola
desertrainfrog
LZR Racerz
DOR ForlornBear
SVR NO MERCY
SGR RennBear
XRS RoberAstur
LZR Harmonic
Foreu2env
Diablo 29x
43 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

American Endurance Cup Round 1: Daytona 24 General Chat - Page 4 Empty Re: American Endurance Cup Round 1: Daytona 24 General Chat

Post by SGR Phloofy Mon 23 Jan 2017 - 18:06

Foreu2env wrote:I heard about all of the lagout issues experienced by different teams, but I'm wondering if anyone ran into other weird issues during the race?

I had some weird behavior that I don't remember experiencing before and I'm wondering if it was an issue with my controller or if it was a connectivity problem.

Basically, my car wasn't responding to the controller the way it normally does when it came to turning.  Throttle input seemed fine, but turning the car felt very out of sync.  The result of this was that my car seeming to weave back and forth quite a bit at some points especially through the banked turns or when I was trying to make precise steering input.  

The bus stop, which I normally have no issues with, became an absolute nightmare.  Passing traffic was also sketchy because there was a noticeable delay between when I moved the stick and when the car would respond.  This wasn't just at high speeds either, it also happened at low speeds, one time specifically it caused me to rub the side of HCR Hamish while I was trying to let him past me.

After my first stint I went and ran laps in a private lobby and the issue seemed better.. I was running through the bus stop again using my normal line and speed with no control issues at all... but then once I started my second stint in the race, the problem came right back again.  I would hit my normal braking marks then enter the bus stop with the first left turn, then my normal immediate right turn to come out of the bus stop felt out of sync, the car just wouldn't turn again as quickly as it always had.  Quick left, Quick right input just came out as quick left...pause... right..

I thought I must have had aero damage, but I checked many times and never had any aero damage showing up.  I started slowing down earlier, adjusted my braking points, but still had the same frustrating issue with control input while in precise steering situations.  I went from constantly leaving the bus stop at 120+.. to suddenly leaving the bus stop at 110-115.

I literally ran hundreds and hundreds of laps between early Dec and the race this past weekend and never once felt anything like this issue until I was in the lobbies for my stints.  Initially I blamed myself, maybe I was tired, maybe I wasn't focusing... but the more time that goes by, the more I'm frustrated by what happened lol   So I figured I'd throw this out there... Has anyone else run into an issue with Forza where steering input gets out of sync or otherwise causes issues?   I'm fully willing to accept "it wasn't my day" but even last night I was out shopping and started looking at new routers because I kept thinking maybe it was a wifi traffic/connectivity issue lol  

Either way, I've never had a problem running through the banked turns of Daytona on a solid smooth line, but this past weekend I drew W's across every banked turn and it's driving me crazy how that happened.. lol

Did you verify your settings and the lobby settings on steering? If the lobby was forcing sim/normal steering it could do that, but I imagine someone else would have noticed.  Alternatively, did you try another controller? I've had my Elite controller become useless due to an internal short or something that causes phantom steering inputs, headset disconnects and occasional controller disconnects.  The steering issue sounds similar to now that started for me, only a little more mild.  There are also Xbox controller firmware updates that come out occasionally, so it may be worth verifying that yours is up to date.

Edit to add to the thanks to Maynard. Did excellent work hosting right from Stint 1. He also had an excellent drive in one of my stints, sat too close for (my) comfort behind me the whole stint lol.

SGR Phloofy

TORA Race Number : 84
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2016-06-10

Back to top Go down

American Endurance Cup Round 1: Daytona 24 General Chat - Page 4 Empty Re: American Endurance Cup Round 1: Daytona 24 General Chat

Post by ERT Vader Mon 23 Jan 2017 - 18:11

HCR generaltso wrote:good to see you back bandicoot.

great racing in b lobby. the reddit guys and the grumpy bunch racing guys especially. had a lot of fun but cant wait to drive my prototype now Cool

Thanks for the comment, This was my very first time running in a TORA event and I will say I had a great time, the in race communications between drivers was done very well, the competition was fantastic and a minor hiccup here that there were far outweighed by all the positives. It was great to be part of the Grumpy Bunch team and to run with the rest of B lobby.

Great work everyone

Last edited by ERT Vader on Mon 23 Jan 2017 - 18:12; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
ERT Vader
ERT Vader

TORA Race Number : 551
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2014-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Foreu2env Mon 23 Jan 2017 - 18:33

SrPhloofy wrote:
Did you verify your settings and the lobby settings on steering? If the lobby was forcing sim/normal steering it could do that, but I imagine someone else would have noticed.  Alternatively, did you try another controller? I've had my Elite controller become useless due to an internal short or something that causes phantom steering inputs, headset disconnects and occasional controller disconnects.  The steering issue sounds similar to now that started for me, only a little more mild.  There are also Xbox controller firmware updates that come out occasionally, so it may be worth verifying that yours is up to date. 

Settings were correct... I didn't try another controller because the other 3 XB1 controllers I have all have the stick drift issues (from playing NHL games lol). I thought for a minute that the stick drift (or sticking) issue might have been my problem on this controller, but I couldn't replicate the drifting "on demand" like I could with my other controllers.

Funny you mention headset disconnect though because I hadn't thought about it but 3 or 4 times my sound cut out on my headset or I started hearing static... usually when that happens it's because the battery died or the controller shut off .. but during this race when the sound cut out, it came back about a half a second later and the controller kept letting me drive. I even hooked up my controller to a USB battery pack on the 2nd stint to make sure there weren't power issues. Before the Daytona race, I'd never had the sound cut out or go static without the controller shutting off, so that's definitely new.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll do some long distance test driving and see if the issue comes back.

Ultimately I hate excuses and I'm not looking to blame my sub par stints on equipment, but I do want to make sure that if there's a hardware problem, it gets fixed before my next race.
Foreu2env
Foreu2env

TORA Race Number : 185
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 269
Registration date : 2016-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by HCCR Rabidus Mon 23 Jan 2017 - 19:53

My car seemed to be skipping at a few points in a couple stints nothing drastic but noticeable maybe due to people entering lobby to be a spectator? Or stream or both?

HCCR Rabidus

TORA Race Number : 157
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2016-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by MaynardMK4 Mon 23 Jan 2017 - 23:57

paul299 wrote:
X Mr Plankton X wrote:
MaynardMK4 wrote:I hosted that lobby.

Not getting involved in the preceding argument, but I want to personally thank MaynardMK4.

As he said, he isn't staff, and as well as racing with me in stint 10, he organised the lobbies for 11 and 12. He didn't have any obligation to and could have just gone offline, but instead stayed to help out. Had he not have, there's would have been the chance the stint didn't run at all

we ALL need to be commending this type of community spirit, instead of coming on the forums to shift blame.

So again MaynardMK4, Thank you for your contribution!

+1 to this. Without MaynardMK4 stints 10, 11 and 12 wouldn't have happened at all.

mrstepanov wrote:instead of best driver thread we should open best host thread and nominate there Maynard, most professional man!

Thanks all. Happy to help, Just annoyed with myself that I missed out one guy in the final stint Mad

See you all on the grid at Sebring!
MaynardMK4
MaynardMK4

TORA Race Number : 45
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2012-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Foreu2env Tue 24 Jan 2017 - 0:50

... And today when I'm trying to do sone testing of my controller, xbox says it can't open forza 6... The help doc suggest i restart xbox... And now xbox wont boot up....

So, I guess crappy performance is better than what I'm getting today, no performance. At least this didnt happen saturday
Foreu2env
Foreu2env

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by AMS Turismo Tue 24 Jan 2017 - 4:42

Foreu2env wrote:I heard about all of the lagout issues experienced by different teams, but I'm wondering if anyone ran into other weird issues during the race?

I had some weird behavior that I don't remember experiencing before and I'm wondering if it was an issue with my controller or if it was a connectivity problem.

Basically, my car wasn't responding to the controller the way it normally does when it came to turning.  Throttle input seemed fine, but turning the car felt very out of sync.  The result of this was that my car seeming to weave back and forth quite a bit at some points especially through the banked turns or when I was trying to make precise steering input.  

The bus stop, which I normally have no issues with, became an absolute nightmare.  Passing traffic was also sketchy because there was a noticeable delay between when I moved the stick and when the car would respond.  This wasn't just at high speeds either, it also happened at low speeds, one time specifically it caused me to rub the side of HCR Hamish while I was trying to let him past me.

After my first stint I went and ran laps in a private lobby and the issue seemed better.. I was running through the bus stop again using my normal line and speed with no control issues at all... but then once I started my second stint in the race, the problem came right back again.  I would hit my normal braking marks then enter the bus stop with the first left turn, then my normal immediate right turn to come out of the bus stop felt out of sync, the car just wouldn't turn again as quickly as it always had.  Quick left, Quick right input just came out as quick left...pause... right..

I thought I must have had aero damage, but I checked many times and never had any aero damage showing up.  I started slowing down earlier, adjusted my braking points, but still had the same frustrating issue with control input while in precise steering situations.  I went from constantly leaving the bus stop at 120+.. to suddenly leaving the bus stop at 110-115.

I literally ran hundreds and hundreds of laps between early Dec and the race this past weekend and never once felt anything like this issue until I was in the lobbies for my stints.  Initially I blamed myself, maybe I was tired, maybe I wasn't focusing... but the more time that goes by, the more I'm frustrated by what happened lol   So I figured I'd throw this out there... Has anyone else run into an issue with Forza where steering input gets out of sync or otherwise causes issues?   I'm fully willing to accept "it wasn't my day" but even last night I was out shopping and started looking at new routers because I kept thinking maybe it was a wifi traffic/connectivity issue lol  

Either way, I've never had a problem running through the banked turns of Daytona on a solid smooth line, but this past weekend I drew W's across every banked turn and it's driving me crazy how that happened.. lol

Did it feel like it was trying to partially drive for you like a drivatar? My team experienced that a couple of times in practice whenever we did a rolling start.
AMS Turismo
AMS Turismo

TORA Race Number : 83
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2016-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Foreu2env Tue 24 Jan 2017 - 14:38

I guess when it goes in another direction other than where I'm steering it, that could be described as it was driving for me lol  

I'm having all kinds of issues now though, screen lag/tearing, failure to launch game, reboot failure, I'm having to hard power cycle the xbox to get stuff to work.. the disk drive sometimes works and sometimes doesn't

I did finally get into the game for about 30 mins last night and the headset static was back. I disconnected the xbox audio adapter thing from the controller and just used the 3.5mm jack on the controller itself, but the static still came and went.

... I think I'm in the early stages of complete system failure unfortunately.
Foreu2env
Foreu2env

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by some evil dude Tue 24 Jan 2017 - 17:45

I've seen issues in the past where a few drivers would have steering lock at any speed and smoke their front tires. Even fewer have noticed their steering really sucked when this happened since they do not see the smoke, because they steer all the way to one side and the other.

In your case I'll predict it locks as well and just happens to grab better when shifting the weight forward. If this is the case, it would definitely be network related and I doubt it really is anything with the controller. My sound cuts out on occasion, but thats just crappy data transferre between the console- controlls never really cut out.

I also believe controllers for xbone have been built better and more reliable in the past 2 years. So try and ask around if your tires are smoking next time you run a public lobby and have this issue and it will be confirmed 100%
some evil dude
some evil dude

TORA Race Number : 440
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2010-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by andiosterfeld Tue 24 Jan 2017 - 20:56

I nearly forgot about it. I want to adress something I hope will change in the future:

At Daytona some driver repeatedly did not change their HUD. They only could give their distances in metric units. As I to forgot it in my first stint, I just want to add that I think it's absolutely fine if someone forgets to change it in his/her first stint. Sometimes it just happens. But to completely ignore something (that is actually in the rulebook) over multiple stints even thought the person had plenty of time to change it is kind of disrespectful (in my opinion).

EDIT: This acutally happened before in TEC races, that's why I think it's important to adress this.
andiosterfeld
andiosterfeld

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2015-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by some evil dude Tue 24 Jan 2017 - 23:03

That is very true. It's an option that can actually be changed right on the spot, so in retro spec, it's like saying "no, not gonna do it".
some evil dude
some evil dude

TORA Race Number : 440
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2010-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Motorhead Wed 25 Jan 2017 - 0:23

I'm pretty sure TJ the genius could sort a conversion if he hasn't already.

The conversion is not difficult, as long as everyone knows what it is and does it right. But when collecting the data we take it in one unit and it's just infinitely more helpful to have it in feet and miles.
HCR Motorhead
HCR Motorhead

TORA Race Number : 4
PC Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2012-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Jan Filip S Wed 25 Jan 2017 - 6:14

1m = 3.28ft. No need to change if drivers have at least cell around them at the end.
Jan Filip S
Jan Filip S

Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 646
Registration date : 2016-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by XRS RoberAstur Wed 25 Jan 2017 - 6:44

I am Spanish, I work with the metric system and I have been one of those who has given the distances in meters.
After reading these comments, I did some tests and discovered that this option can be changed in the HUD from the pause menu.
I regret the setbacks, it will not happen again.
XRS RoberAstur
XRS RoberAstur

TORA Race Number : 375
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2016-10-16

http://www.teamxrs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by desertrainfrog Thu 26 Jan 2017 - 11:46

Any news about the final results? Live timing still only shows the Lobby results, but an overall distance-based ranking as available in past series would be good Smile

desertrainfrog

TORA Race Number : 512
PC Playstation 4

Number of posts : 407
Registration date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post by SGR Amber Thu 26 Jan 2017 - 14:31

XRS RoberAstur wrote:I am Spanish, I work with the metric system and I have been one of those who has given the distances in meters.
After reading these comments, I did some tests and discovered that this option can be changed in the HUD from the pause menu.

Don't worry about it Smile as mentioned the conversion isn't that hard. People complaining about can't really, since all you have to do is google 'meters to feet' and it gives you a calculator to do it with. Simple.
SGR Amber
SGR Amber

TORA Race Number : 100
PC Playstation 4

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2014-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by SGR Phloofy Thu 26 Jan 2017 - 17:37

HCR Noodle wrote:
XRS RoberAstur wrote:I am Spanish, I work with the metric system and I have been one of those who has given the distances in meters.

Don't worry about it Smile as mentioned the conversion isn't that hard. People complaining about can't really, since all you have to do is google 'meters to feet' and it gives you a calculator to do it with. Simple.

This is true, but the problem we had in B Lobby once or twice was non-native English speakers reporting a number, and the rest of us only knowing it was meters because the leader was able to pipe up that their distance was showing different. It was compounded by the fact that this person had an iffy connection (not bad enough to hinder racing) and I think was using kinect for a mic. I'm honestly not sure if they said meters up front, heard us ask if it was meters, or responded when we did. It wasn't a big issue, but it did take a minute or two to figure out before we went on to get the rest of the distances.

SGR Phloofy

TORA Race Number : 84
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2016-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4