TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Welcome to American Iron 2018 - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Welcome to American Iron 2018 - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Welcome to American Iron 2018 - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Welcome to American Iron 2018 - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Welcome to American Iron 2018 - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Welcome to American Iron 2018 - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Welcome to American Iron 2018 - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Welcome to American Iron 2018 - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Welcome to American Iron 2018 - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Welcome to American Iron 2018

+17
BM Norm
SGR Phloofy
GR1M RACER
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
Jack Coffey
xDR TRIFECTAx
HCCR Rabidus
GTDon2
Simply Law
Diablo 29x
FsT Happy A
xICEMANx41
xNIGHTMARE84
Chief Tokembowl
SQD GGRacing
ARNI 761202
Ax4x Mikey J
21 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Welcome to American Iron 2018 - Page 2 Empty Re: Welcome to American Iron 2018

Post by HCCR Rabidus Sat 27 Jan 2018 - 5:30

F4H Diablo wrote:Looks like quite a few folks in A lobby US last night forgot how to race last night. People were dive bombing everywhere, pushing 3 wide on the exit of the hairpin, brake checking each other on the first lap, and just generally using other people as brakes. I basically got no-braked by DRR Kicker into Turn 10, which spun me from entry all the way to the exit of the turn, around about 270 degrees into the middle of the track, where I got rammed again and got 100% damage. Barely an apology for completely ruining my race and apparently I wasn't the only victim.

Taps and bumps are to be expected with reverse grids, but the lack of spatial awareness and the divebombs from >50 feet back are not. I expect a lot better from the drivers in this series, considering it was the quickest lobby of the night.

I've included this handy diagram in case anyone else needs it. Sonoma is far more narrow and the corners are even slower, so I don't have my hopes up of there being decent racing next week either.

Welcome to American Iron 2018 - Page 2 37040810

Diablo I apologise for your rough night, but if you could refrain from calling out a driver let alone a driver from an actual team that would be great. Steward Inquires are made for a reason not to directly bash another driver for a racing issue on a forum. If there is an issue with a DRR member anyone here can either message myself, DRR Brian72nyli, Nfs LeGenD7, Dr Si1enTSh0tS, or xDR TRIFECTAx.

HCCR Rabidus

TORA Race Number : 157
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2016-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Simply Law Sat 27 Jan 2018 - 18:35

GTDon2 wrote:Just as in seasons past the IFCA is rating the drivers of this event and adding them to our world rankings list.  Well done to LMR Harmonic for recapturing the #1 position!

Ratings results per round
http://ifca.highforum.net/t6514-tora-american-iron

World Rankings list
http://ifca.highforum.net/t6495-ifca-forza-7-ratings-and-world-rankings

Are you also going to include the UK rounds?
Simply Law
Simply Law

TORA Race Number : 11
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 588
Registration date : 2012-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Sat 27 Jan 2018 - 18:55

GTDon2 wrote:Just as in seasons past the IFCA is rating the drivers of this event and adding them to our world rankings list.  Well done to LMR Harmonic for recapturing the #1 position!

World Rankings list

I just caught this. Thanks Don for including us!
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Chief Tokembowl Sat 27 Jan 2018 - 23:47

World Rankings list

I love it. I'm curious, what is the formula for the driver rating? I'm kinda in to nerdy sports-metrics.
Chief Tokembowl
Chief Tokembowl

TORA Race Number : 46
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 338
Registration date : 2016-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Diablo 29x Sun 28 Jan 2018 - 0:01

DRR RABIDUS wrote:Diablo I apologise for your rough night, but if you could refrain from calling out a driver let alone a driver from an actual team that would be great. Steward Inquires are made for a reason not to directly bash another driver for a racing issue on a forum. If there is an issue with a DRR member anyone here can either message myself, DRR Brian72nyli, Nfs LeGenD7, Dr Si1enTSh0tS, or xDR TRIFECTAx.

I will call out whoever I want, whenever I want, and you're not going to tell me any different. I rarely get into it on the forums but this time was entirely necessary. The driving I saw in five laps in Lobby A was disgusting. I normally have better racing in public hoppers than we had at Sebring.

And also, don't try and come at me with this "that's why we have SI's" bullsh*t. I could've filed an SI and filed it with the exact same description of the incident, and what would it have changed for me? Nothing. Ooh yay, -5 points on the night for the guy that cost me 20+. You wouldn't have even replied to my post if I didn't call out Kicker, so sit down.

Don't want the attention? Then make sure your teammates don't use other drivers as their brakes, and we won't have any problems.

Diablo 29x

TORA Race Number : 29
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3628
Registration date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by HCCR Rabidus Sun 28 Jan 2018 - 0:49

So instead of coming to us and talk about it you continue to talk here we as a team have tried contacting you on Xbox to rectify this situation the forums as stated by you back on the ascc thread last season isn't for this kind of chat this is for steward inquiry or for us to discuss it between ourselves not for the entire community to see so we are online waiting for you to come to us as we have done all we can do to come to you peacefully otherwise it is what it is and hopefully things will go better next week for you we have already explained to kicker about his actions and received more Intel about the incident so I will ask again for you to come to us and discuss this peacefully off the forum

HCCR Rabidus

TORA Race Number : 157
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2016-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by GTDon2 Sun 28 Jan 2018 - 1:59

Chief Tokembowl wrote:

World Rankings list

I love it. I'm curious, what is the formula for the driver rating? I'm kinda in to nerdy sports-metrics.

In the simplest terms it is a modified Elo formula that allows for multiple people to be simultaneously rated. Basically, you gain or lose points from your opponents ratings. If you are low rate and beat a higher rated driver, you will "steal" points from him and vice versa. IF you are really high rated you can gain no points by beating up on the low rated. So it naturally balances everyone out with great accuracy over time.
GTDon2
GTDon2

TORA Race Number : 126
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2010-02-02

http://theforzaunderground.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by GTDon2 Sun 28 Jan 2018 - 2:01

TLR Law wrote:

World Rankings list

Are you also going to include the UK rounds?

Yes, I hadn't done so in the past, but will do so this season. It takes some time to do, but should have it done by the next day or so.
GTDon2
GTDon2

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Diablo 29x Sun 28 Jan 2018 - 4:31

DRR RABIDUS wrote:So instead of coming to us and talk about it you continue to talk here we as a team have tried contacting you on Xbox to rectify this situation the forums as stated by you back on the ascc thread last season isn't for this kind of chat this is for steward inquiry or for us to discuss it between ourselves not for the entire community to see so we are online waiting for you to come to us as we have done all we can do to come to you peacefully otherwise it is what it is and hopefully things will go better next week for you we have already explained to kicker about his actions and received more Intel about the incident so I will ask again for you to come to us and discuss this peacefully off the forum

there's nothing more a party chat will resolve. Don't use other cars as brakes and the issue resolves itself.

Diablo 29x

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by xDR TRIFECTAx Sun 28 Jan 2018 - 8:45

or maybe if you had came to join my party and talked to me about the situation you would have been informed that he had no reason to take you out and the reason you were spun out was because of a missed brake zone not because he intentionally took you out so do everyone here a favor and make sure you receive both side before you decide to publicly post biased information and also before blowing up like a 4yr old in a party of people trying to do their best to concentrate during a tightly contested race so do me a favor quit acting like an ass yourself and sit down

xDR TRIFECTAx

TORA Race Number : 777
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2016-06-20

https://meatybigmac.wixsite.com/demonicrebelsracing

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Coffey Sun 28 Jan 2018 - 13:19

You should tell your teammate about those big red things on the back of cars. you can tell him they are sort of like a warning system designed to tell a following person the car in front is slowing down.
xDR TRIFECTAx wrote:or maybe if you had came to join my party and talked to me about the situation you would have been informed that he had no reason to take you out and the reason you were spun out was because of a missed brake zone not because he intentionally took you out so do everyone here a favor and make sure you receive both side before you decide to publicly post biased information and also before blowing up like a 4yr old in a party of people trying to do their best to concentrate during a tightly contested race so do me a favor quit acting like an ass yourself and sit down

Jack Coffey

TORA Race Number : 7
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2016-02-29

http://www.newnancc.org/Tennis/Tennis-Dress-Code

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Sun 28 Jan 2018 - 13:39

I'm glad I have never used the brake line assist as I know where to brake on the track no matter how close I am to other cars based on track experience.

However put me on a track that I have few laps on and I am totally lost. Good thing we rarely ever race on fakey tracks then I guess.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Diablo 29x Sun 28 Jan 2018 - 14:33

xDR TRIFECTAx wrote:or maybe if you had came to join my party and talked to me about the situation you would have been informed that he had no reason to take you out and the reason you were spun out was because of a missed brake zone not because he intentionally took you out so do everyone here a favor and make sure you receive both side before you decide to publicly post biased information and also before blowing up like a 4yr old in a party of people trying to do their best to concentrate during a tightly contested race so do me a favor quit acting like an ass yourself and sit down

When did I say it was intentional? I didn't. I knew it wasn't intentional, it was just extremely negligent, because it was. The other side is Kicker missed the brakes and ran into me. That's it. Hence why I said a party chat wouldn't have done anything.

You know how this could've been avoided? A quick message from Kicker saying "hey man, i'm sorry about me taking you out, it was an honest mistake", after the race. That's taking responsibility for your actions. I would've said, it's alright, I'm upset but I appreciate the apology. And this wouldn't have happened! I waited a whole day before saying anything on here. And, I checked my messages over the weekend... Nothing still so, here we are.

You know, PROD got shelled a few seasons back for bad driving, and since then they've done a fairly good job at racing cleaner. None of you DRR drivers came to their defense, so now that you're in the hot-seat, it somehow changes the situation? It doesn't. Like I said, don't cause completely avoidable problems and you won't get called out.

See y'all on Thursday.

Diablo 29x

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Sun 28 Jan 2018 - 18:19

^ Well put Diablo.

Now can we all get past last week and onto the next?
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Chief Tokembowl Sun 28 Jan 2018 - 19:46

GTDon2 wrote:
Chief Tokembowl wrote:

World Rankings list

In the simplest terms it is a modified Elo formula that allows for multiple people to be simultaneously rated. Basically, you gain or lose points from your opponents ratings.  If you are low rate and beat a higher rated driver, you will "steal" points from him and vice versa.  IF you are really high rated you can gain no points by beating up on the low rated.  So it naturally balances everyone out with great accuracy over time.

Interesting. Looking forward to seeing how high I can get my rating by the end of the season. Thank you for putting in the work.
Chief Tokembowl
Chief Tokembowl

TORA Race Number : 46
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 338
Registration date : 2016-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSCOEpCOTRAIN Mon 29 Jan 2018 - 0:48

DRR RABIDUS wrote:
F4H Diablo wrote:Looks like quite a few folks in A lobby US last night forgot how to race last night. People were dive bombing everywhere, pushing 3 wide on the exit of the hairpin, brake checking each other on the first lap, and just generally using other people as brakes. I basically got no-braked by DRR Kicker into Turn 10, which spun me from entry all the way to the exit of the turn, around about 270 degrees into the middle of the track, where I got rammed again and got 100% damage. Barely an apology for completely ruining my race and apparently I wasn't the only victim.

Taps and bumps are to be expected with reverse grids, but the lack of spatial awareness and the divebombs from >50 feet back are not. I expect a lot better from the drivers in this series, considering it was the quickest lobby of the night.

I've included this handy diagram in case anyone else needs it. Sonoma is far more narrow and the corners are even slower, so I don't have my hopes up of there being decent racing next week either.

Welcome to American Iron 2018 - Page 2 37040810

Diablo I apologise for your rough night, but if you could refrain from calling out a driver let alone a driver from an actual team that would be great. Steward Inquires are made for a reason not to directly bash another driver for a racing issue on a forum. If there is an issue with a DRR member anyone here can either message myself, DRR Brian72nyli, Nfs LeGenD7, Dr Si1enTSh0tS, or xDR TRIFECTAx.
as an impartial bystander wtf does kicker been
on a team have anything to do with what diablo has said?
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

TORA Race Number : 33
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1447
Registration date : 2012-11-17

http://neinshiza.net84.net  neinshiza.the-talk.net

Back to top Go down

Post by GR1M RACER Mon 29 Jan 2018 - 6:26

32 Ford Coupe is in Forzathon, and It can make spec. Can I?

Edit. Bench seat could seat 4 very uncomfortably
GR1M RACER
GR1M RACER

TORA Race Number : 331
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2015-10-19

http://jeffsine.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GTDon2 Mon 29 Jan 2018 - 14:46

Chief Tokembowl wrote:
GTDon2 wrote:
Chief Tokembowl wrote:

World Rankings list

In the simplest terms it is a modified Elo formula that allows for multiple people to be simultaneously rated. Basically, you gain or lose points from your opponents ratings.  If you are low rate and beat a higher rated driver, you will "steal" points from him and vice versa.  IF you are really high rated you can gain no points by beating up on the low rated.  So it naturally balances everyone out with great accuracy over time.

Interesting. Looking forward to seeing how high I can get my rating by the end of the season. Thank you for putting in the work.

Currently, you have what is called a "provisional rating" of 1849.799. It's not your true rating but is an estimate based on what you performed like for the first time. It acts as a starting point is all. Your true rating should begin to level off after about 10 rated races typically. The more rated races the more accuracy is achieved.
GTDon2
GTDon2

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by GTDon2 Mon 29 Jan 2018 - 19:15

GTDon2 wrote:
Chief Tokembowl wrote:
GTDon2 wrote:
Chief Tokembowl wrote:

World Rankings list

Currently, you have what is called a "provisional rating" of 1849.799. It's not your true rating but is an estimate based on what you performed like for the first time.  It acts as a starting point is all. Your true rating should begin to level off after about 10 rated races typically.  The more rated races the more accuracy is achieved.  

Here are the UK results.
http://ifca.highforum.net/t6514-tora-american-iron#135057

You can see the main world rankings list here. They are updated weekly.
http://ifca.highforum.net/t6516-ifca-forza-7-ratings-and-world-rankings

GTDon2
GTDon2

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by GR1M RACER Tue 30 Jan 2018 - 7:39

Why is my Expected finish 28? I have won a Drivers Championship.
GR1M RACER
GR1M RACER

TORA Race Number : 331
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2015-10-19

http://jeffsine.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Tue 30 Jan 2018 - 8:26

GR1M RACER wrote:Why is my Expected finish 28? I have won a Drivers Championship.

It's based on your previous ranked (by IFCA) race finishes. As you can see by Diablo's results for Rd1, DNF's have a huge impact. I'd say in your case, it was the number of lagouts you had last year that caused your rank to be low.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by GTDon2 Tue 30 Jan 2018 - 12:28

Flyin Mikey J wrote:
GR1M RACER wrote:Why is my Expected finish 28? I have won a Drivers Championship.

It's based on your previous ranked (by IFCA) race finishes. As you can see by Diablo's results for Rd1, DNF's have a huge impact. I'd say in your case, it was the number of lagouts you had last year that caused your rank to be low.

Indeed Mikey.  It is based purely on the numbers and is not subjective.  If you are highly rated your "expected finish" will be correspondingly high.  For example, Harmonic was the highest rated driver in the field and was expected to finish first, and did, twice. This makes the rating system predictive, based on your rating in relation to the field you are racing against.  If the field is generally very strong compared to you, your expected finish will be relatively lower.

As for lag-outs, yes, they are counted and do hurt your rating momentarily.  Usually takes about 2-3 good races to recover, depending again on the strength of the field.  We have to count lag-outs because in the past we noticed some people purposely quitting their races to save their rating while doing poorly.  So lag-outs are sort of like a mechanical failure.  They happen, and it can be quickly recovered.

If you have a lower rating than you think you should have it is probably because of lag-outs and crashing.  All it really means is that you are artificially low and therefore "poison" to everyone you normally race against.  Meaning that you will be taking more points from the higher rated drivers you beat because you are so unusually low rated.

One other way to understand the expected finish is simply this, it is your rank in the field prior to the race. So for example, GR1M was the 28th highest rated driver and therefore was predicted to finish 28th. But instead, he did way better than expected and finished 4th and gained huge ratings points of 133. This indicates that he was artificially low. The points he gained actually came from all the higher rated drivers he beat.
GTDon2
GTDon2

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Welcome to American Iron 2018 - Page 2 Empty Tracking most active drivers

Post by GTDon2 Wed 31 Jan 2018 - 20:18

If anyone is interested I am tracking the ratings of the most active drivers on the rankings list. It's too much to try to track every driver but it is interesting to see how they trend on a graph. I sampled just the top 6 most active rated drivers, 4 are trending up, 1 down, and 1 about the same. It probably indicates people are generally getting faster at FM7.

Check it out here:
http://ifca.highforum.net/t6519-trackin ... ers#135064
GTDon2
GTDon2

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by SGR Phloofy Thu 1 Feb 2018 - 20:17

For Sonoma is there any special rule on track limits for the NASCAR turn? Forza clean lets you run right out to the wall, past the yellow line.

SGR Phloofy

TORA Race Number : 84
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2016-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Fri 2 Feb 2018 - 0:21

Forza clean, as opposed to TORA clean, at that corner. Hoping it saves some work for the Stewards.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down