TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Kubica to replace Alonso EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Kubica to replace Alonso EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Kubica to replace Alonso EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Kubica to replace Alonso EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Kubica to replace Alonso EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Kubica to replace Alonso EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Kubica to replace Alonso EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Kubica to replace Alonso EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Kubica to replace Alonso EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Kubica to replace Alonso

3 posters

Go down

Kubica to replace Alonso Empty Kubica to replace Alonso

Post by XTI Jon Snow Wed 7 Oct 2009 - 17:28

source http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8293650.stm

Kubica has endured a troubled season after a storming 2008 with BMW Sauber

Renault have confirmed BMW Sauber's Robert Kubica will join them in 2010.

The Pole, 24, will replace the team's two-time world champion Fernando Alonso, who moves to Ferrari.

"I am highly motivated and optimistic that we can be at the front of the grid next year and hopefully fighting for the world title," said Kubica.

Renault team principal Bob Bell added: "He is one of the most naturally talented drivers of his generation and it is great to have him next season."

Kubica shone in 2008, claiming his and the team's first win at the Canadian Grand Prix and going on to finish third in the drivers' championship.

But BMW Sauber struggled to reproduce a competitive car under 2009's specifications and Kubica lies 14th with a best finish of fourth at the Belgian GP.

Regardless of the team's poor form, the highly-rated Pole, who had a year left on his contract, was forced to look for a new drive for 2010 after BMW announced in July they would quit F1 at the end of the season.

Kubica was strongly-linked with Renault and Alonso named him as his preferred successor after announcing his switch to Ferrari.

"Renault has high ambitions and hopes for the future of the team and we feel that Robert can play a big role in fulfilling them," continued Bell.

"We are very excited to have signed Robert, ever since he made his grand prix debut in 2006 he has been on our radar."

Kubica added: "I share with Renault a strong winning mentality and feel comfortable with their friendly and open attitude.

"I am very happy I will be joining them for the 2010 season. I feel I have a special connection with this team because in 2005 I won the World Series by Renault.

"This gave me the chance to test with the team in Barcelona, which led to my debut in Formula 1."

Kubica leaves BMW Sauber, for whom he competed in 55 grands prix, achieving eight podium finishes and collecting 129 championship points, with warm words from his old employers.

"Robert played an important role for us - and certainly we did the same for him," said BMW motorsport director Mario Theissen.

"He never let us down and, with our first pole position in 2008 in Bahrain and first victory the same year in Canada, he set milestones in the history of our team.

"We are grateful for his strong and constant performances and wish him all the best for his future."

Romain Grosjean, who replaced Nelson Piquet Jr, is currently Renault's second driver, though his own position has yet to be confirmed for next year.
XTI Jon Snow
XTI Jon Snow

TORA Race Number : 199
Number of posts : 2680
Registration date : 2009-03-22

http://xtiforums.myfreeforum.org

Back to top Go down

Kubica to replace Alonso Empty Re: Kubica to replace Alonso

Post by nickyf1 Wed 7 Oct 2009 - 21:16

Not surprised, but he can say good bye to the WDC for now atleast.
nickyf1
nickyf1

TORA Race Number : 271
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 10770
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by BrnoutJerzey Thu 8 Oct 2009 - 3:29

wait this is a bit confusing- I thought renault just got banned from F1 for 2 years
BrnoutJerzey
BrnoutJerzey

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by XTI Jon Snow Thu 8 Oct 2009 - 3:41

No they got a "suspended ban" which means they are under F1s microscope for 2 years and if they mess up again, they could be banned, i got it messed up too
XTI Jon Snow
XTI Jon Snow

TORA Race Number : 199
Number of posts : 2680
Registration date : 2009-03-22

http://xtiforums.myfreeforum.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down