TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
MSA TORA GT Rules & Regulations EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
MSA TORA GT Rules & Regulations EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
MSA TORA GT Rules & Regulations EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
MSA TORA GT Rules & Regulations EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
MSA TORA GT Rules & Regulations EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
MSA TORA GT Rules & Regulations EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
MSA TORA GT Rules & Regulations EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
MSA TORA GT Rules & Regulations EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
MSA TORA GT Rules & Regulations EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

MSA TORA GT Rules & Regulations

+3
CQR Champion
TG Wormburner
CQR Rogue
7 posters

Go down

MSA TORA GT Rules & Regulations Empty MSA TORA GT Rules & Regulations

Post by CQR Rogue Wed 4 May 2011 - 16:33

Poster

TORA offers a professional, sensible environment to allow our club members to participate in their dream race series without the cost.

The prestigious MSA TORA Summer GT Championship is back for 2011.
Utilizing Turn 10's prestigious Forza Motorsport 3 exclusively on Xbox 360 the TORA MSA Summer GT Championship is inspired by the FIA GT3 and British GT championships and will be entering its 7th season in Summer 2011.

The TORA MSA GT Championship is at the centre of TORA's activities and can be considered one our main series that we run.

Starting life as the Forza 2 British GT Championship back in November 2007, this has been the roots from which TORA has grown, consistently fielding large grids and producing exciting racing with championship titles only decided at the last race.

Now entering its 7th season and with exciting new regulations, the GT Championship stands to provide an even closer racing experience than before with more evenly matched cars and a new extended race day structure.

The series is open to teams and privateer entries.
Teams may consist of up to three drivers.
All standard TORA racing rules apply (please refer to the TORA MSA BLUEBOOK 2011)
All standard TORA scoring applies including the "1 Dropped Round" rule.
Each Event will consist of x2 30 minute race meetings.
Each race will have a mandatory pitstop.
No Safety Cars

Event Itinerary

All races will take place on Sundays @ 20:00 BST.
Please make sure you are online on Forza Motorsport 3 and you have checked that you have no connection issues 10 minutes before the meeting is due to get under way.
You will receive a invite from your lobby host. If you do have a connection issue, please let the lobby host or chief marshal know that you cannot connect, (we do strongly recommend that you ensure you have an open Nat setting, of which more information can be found in the TORA MSA 2011 Blue book)

Qualifying -

Qualifying will consist of 4 flying laps (lap counter will be set to 6 laps)
Collisions will be forced off
Damage will be set to limited damage
There will be a 5 second roll off delay
The Grid will be set to Random
On your out lap, you are recomended to stay below 100mph to make sure that you get a certified lap (you will be allowed to warm up your tires and breaks on your out lap)
This will ensure that your time is certified, if you fail to complete a certified lap you will form up behind the slowest certified time as per below.

Once you complete all 4 flying laps you will meet in the first corner so that the lobby marshals can take down your qualifying time and conduct scrutineering if required.
Please note that only your best certified lap will be taken in qualifying. If you do not have a certified lap your best lap will count AFTER all certified times have been logged

Times will then be uploaded to the Live Timing application by the chief marshal of the meeting

Race –

Each Race will be set to a pre-determined number of laps which will total approximately 30 minutes of track action.
You will receive your lobby invite a short time after qualifying. Please let the lobby host or chief marshal know that you cannot connect if you are having a connection issue, (we do strongly recommend that you ensure you have an open Nat setting, of which more information can be found in the TORA MSA 2011 Blue book)

Race 1

The grid will be ordered as per qualifying times.
The grid will form up in race order on the parade lap, this will be instructed by the lobby captain and then the race will start by a rolling start. Cars will stay at 100mph on the parade lap until a pre-determined location where all cars will drop to 60mph and line up side-by-side in a rolling grid. Once you pass the pit entrance the pole sitter can shout "go". Once "go" is called cars may accelerate past 60mph, though there can be no overtaking until the start and finish line.
You must make 1 mandatory pit stop between lap 2 and the penultimate lap of the race.
You may not make your mandatory stop on the first or last lap of the race. The lobby captain must be informed by each driver when they are taking their pit stop, and failure to pit will result in disqualification.
You will race to the end of the set number of laps and confirm with the lobby host at the end of the race your finishing order.

Race 2

The grid will be ordered as per the reverse of the finishing positions from Race 1 within your lobby.
The grid will form up in race order on the parade lap, this will be instructed by the lobby captain and then the race will start by a rolling start. Cars will stay at 100mph on the parade lap until a pre-determined location where all cars will drop to 60mph and line up side-by-side, once you pass the pit entrance the pole sitter can shout "go". Once "go" is called cars may accelerate past 60mph, though there can be no overtaking until the start and finish line.
You must make 1 mandatory pit stop between lap 2 and the penultimate lap of the race.
You may not make your mandatory stop on the first or last lap of the race. The lobby captain must be informed by each driver when they are taking their pit stop, and failure to pit will result in disqualification.
You will race to the end of the set number of laps and confirm with the lobby host at the end of the race your finishing order.
Both races are scored using the standard TORA points system.

As GT racing is a non-contact sport incidents which endanger you or another competitor will be referred to the head steward and appropriate action will be taken.

Damage is set to Limited Damage

Once race results are confirmed Championship tables and results will be updated by the Chief Marshal

Carlist

PI 610
Lamborghini Gallardo 2005 (STD)

PI 615
Ford GT (STD)
Porsche 911 Sport Classic (DLC)
Spyker C8 LM85 (DLC)

PI 620
Aston Martin DBS (STD)
Lotus Evora 2009 (STD)
Nissan 370Z (STD)

PI 625
Alfa Romeo 8C (STD)
BMW Z4 2008 (STD)
Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport 2010 (DLC)
Ferrari California (STD)
Ferrari F430 2004 (STD)
TVR Sagaris (STD)

PI 630
BMW M3 E92 (STD)

PI 635
BMW Z4 2011 (DLC)
Shelby GT500 2010 (DLC)
Jaguar XKR-S (STD)

Cars must be built to the following restrictions:

Cars must have no less than 300 HP
Cars must have no more than 550 HP

Minimum Weight is 2,200 lbs.
Maximum Weight is 3,500 lbs.

All Cars must be Rear Wheel Drive Only
All Cars must be fitted with a Roll Cage
All Cars must have Race Tyres
All Cars Must have Front and Rear adjustable aero, all other aero modifications to other car body areas are allowed. This includes carbon parts.
Cars may run with stock or third party rims.

2011 TORA MSA GT Summer Championship Calendar

Sunday 12th June 2011 Round 1 & 2 - Cataluyna Grand Prix 20:00 Hours BST
Sunday 26th June 2011 Round 3 & 4 Sebring Full 20:00 Hours BST
Sunday 10th July 2011 Round 5 & 6 Laguna Seca 20:00 Hours BST
Sunday 24th July 2011 Round 7 & 8 Nurburgring GP 20:00 Hours BST
Sunday 07th August 2011 Round 9 & 10 Mugello Full 20:00 Hours BST
Sunday 21st August 2011 Round 11 & 12 Road Atlanta 20:00 Hours BST
Sunday 04th September 2011 Round 13 & 14 Twin Motegi Full 20:00 Hours BST
Sunday 11th September 2011 Round 15 Silverstone GP 20:00 Hours BST (1hour 30minute Endurance End of season race)

Calendar Poster Screen web

Team & Privateer applications will open 03/06/2011.

The Entry List will be published and updated from 03/06/2011 so that you all can see how many cars are left available.
Car allocation will be on a first-come first-served basis.

A maximum of 3 teams of 3 and 3 privateers may use a single car type. Therefore if 3 individuals wish to use the same car type, they are encouraged to "team up" (NB this rule may be adjusted if we receive a large influx of entries)

Applications must be sent via PM to both Duncan and Chris (via forum PM. Do not post your application) in the format below. You will be notified that your application has been received and which car you have been accepted to enter soon after.

Team Name -
Main Sponsor -
1st car choice -
2nd car choice -
Driver 1 (Real Name, Gamertag, Nationality) -
Driver 2 (Real Name, Gamertag, Nationality) -
Driver 3 (Real Name, Gamertag, Nationality) -

Please think carefully about your car selection. In line with TORA's new car selection rules, you may make one car change during the season, but this may be restricted to your alternative choice made on the application.

Applications will be provisionally confirmed via PM to team managers/privateers to enable testing/painting to start.
Full confirmation to the entry list will only be given upon receipt of your paint design, either via GIFT to Chris, or by being made available to WWR Aero via your storefront. This is to facilitate the creation of various media for the website such as the spotter guide, and Team Posters.

I would personally like to thank all of the Summer GT testing team, all cars are equal and driver skill is key to victory not car choice.

Last edited by Duncan on Fri 3 Jun 2011 - 11:58; edited 3 times in total
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

MSA TORA GT Rules & Regulations Empty Re: MSA TORA GT Rules & Regulations

Post by CQR Rogue Wed 1 Jun 2011 - 15:19

OP Updated to include updated rules on Qualifying outlap.

Last edited by Duncan on Wed 1 Jun 2011 - 15:54; edited 1 time in total
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Wed 1 Jun 2011 - 15:36

Safety car? There is no such thing as a disabled car in Forza. We should call this the "I screwed up car". The rules from the start were agreed upon by the entire testing team and we add this? Why do we have to mess with what looked like a good thing.

These races will take forever to finish, especially in the lower lobbies.
If someone in 6th wrecks the guy in 7th they get a free pass to catch back up. Basically nullifying what the guys up front did. Why don't we just make these standing start one lap races? This is dumb.

Ash I wouldn't recommend running up front too far I think I may just accidentally bump the guy in front of me to catch back up.

On qualifying you should be able to run hard the first lap, if it isn't clean you will know. You won't be able to have warm tires for the next lap either if you run that slow. The guy with a clean lap will be ahead of everyone with a dirty one in the sort order at the end.
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

TORA Race Number : 750
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1797
Registration date : 2011-01-10

http://teamgizmo.net

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Champion Wed 1 Jun 2011 - 15:48

VVV worm wrote:Ash I wouldn't recommend running up front too far I think I may just accidentally bump the guy in front of me to catch back up.
What you lost me?

VVV worm wrote:On qualifying you should be able to run hard the first lap, if it isn't clean you will know. You won't be able to have warm tires for the next lap either if you run that slow. The guy with a clean lap will be ahead of everyone with a dirty one in the sort order at the end.
I can agree with you worm it does sort it out but say no one does a clean lap that means no one will know so they can then all run dirty.

This way we can just make sure it is clean, plus you end up spreading out, and worm you do get your tyres up to temp. Still cornering the same just not the same speed in a straight, then this prevents people locking up and ruining there lap. They can worry about get a gap and keeping it clean.
CQR Champion
CQR Champion

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://www.ashleysuttonracing.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Wed 1 Jun 2011 - 15:48

Worm I will remove the safety car rule, this was only put into to response to driving standards during the testing we have ran this week however yes I have reverted to the rules we all agreed on.

The qualifying rule will remain this is a fair way to stop people falling fowl of the certified lap rule, it spreads the field out and so you can concentarte on getting a quick clean lap
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggsy tv Wed 1 Jun 2011 - 22:58

Can the "certified lap 100mph" thingy be a recommendation rather than a must?
Biggsy tv
Biggsy tv

TORA Race Number : 441
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 7494
Registration date : 2009-05-23

http://www.twitch.tv/Biggsy

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Champion Wed 1 Jun 2011 - 23:06

the 100mhp is recommended. but the certify is a must.
CQR Champion
CQR Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggsy tv Wed 1 Jun 2011 - 23:12

"must" says to me, It has to be done, or you don't qualify at all.
Biggsy tv
Biggsy tv

TORA Race Number : 441
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 7494
Registration date : 2009-05-23

http://www.twitch.tv/Biggsy

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Thu 2 Jun 2011 - 0:15

Huh? biggs that confused me. (easily done)

Do you mean you can't race or you just cocked it up so bad you may as well not?
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

TORA Race Number : 750
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1797
Registration date : 2011-01-10

http://teamgizmo.net

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Champion Thu 2 Jun 2011 - 1:20

Well Duncan can answer this but when we praticed it, it was 'advisory'
CQR Champion
CQR Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H FACEPALMER Thu 2 Jun 2011 - 4:08

I would assume that if you get a dirty lap your time is placed behind all others that were certified, putting you in the back of the last lobby.
F4H FACEPALMER
F4H FACEPALMER

TORA Race Number : 17
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2011-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Thu 2 Jun 2011 - 4:30

AAR FACEPALMER wrote:I would assume that if you get a dirty lap your time is placed behind all others that were certified, putting you in the back of the last lobby.

that's how i interpret it as well.

VVV worm wrote:Huh? biggs that confused me. (easily done)

Do you mean you can't race or you just cocked it up so bad you may as well not?
i think biggs is asking, if 100mph is merely a recommendation. rather than a set limit...

let me know if i get this right...

if it's a recommendation, one can exceed 100 mph on a straightaway and not be penalized if they dont go beyond the white lines.
if it's a set limit. if you go beyond 100 mph, your time would be discounted.

is that correct? if it is.

i think it creates a needless formality to look at for the stewards, and could lengthen what could already be a lengthy qualification process, given the amount of entries. we expect people to be able to race door to door and wheel to wheel, we should expect them to be able to keep their car on the course during a qualifying session.
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

TORA Race Number : 12
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 5771
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by XTI Avenger Thu 2 Jun 2011 - 4:50

I'm a little confused on this whole certified thing. I mean, I get what you guys are saying but have people been screwing up or "cheating" that much? I mean, I personally used to "dirty" up the first lap just so the stupid lapping system doesn't screw me over like that. I also remember during qually lobbies that other people do the same. I'm just a little confused why something like this has to be enacted as a rule. It would only make the qualification process take even longer than it already does. Have I missed something?
XTI Avenger
XTI Avenger

Number of posts : 994
Registration date : 2009-03-26

http://xtiracing.homeip.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Thu 2 Jun 2011 - 8:37

Hey all,

Yes the 100mhp is recommended on your first lap however you can go as fast as you like.

The certified time will stay, why? Well as collisons are now forced off in qulaifying there can not be any danger of drafting your oppents cars hence why the track limits should be respected during qualifying, there are certian tracks where if you run the chincane cut the corner can make a difference of 1 second, this is not fair for those who do respect the track and set a slower times then those who do not.

Guys if you set a certified clean lap you will place higher up than those who didnt.

So -

Certified = higher up the Grid
Dirty Lap = lower down the grid.

The qualification process should not take any longer as all laps would be recorded off forza live timing and you could tell who has dirty lap and who doesnt by where they appear on the timing baord.

CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down