TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Driver Report: Repairing What's Been Ruined EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Driver Report: Repairing What's Been Ruined EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Driver Report: Repairing What's Been Ruined EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Driver Report: Repairing What's Been Ruined EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Driver Report: Repairing What's Been Ruined EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Driver Report: Repairing What's Been Ruined EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Driver Report: Repairing What's Been Ruined EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Driver Report: Repairing What's Been Ruined EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Driver Report: Repairing What's Been Ruined EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Driver Report: Repairing What's Been Ruined

Go down

Driver Report: Repairing What's Been Ruined Empty Driver Report: Repairing What's Been Ruined

Round 7: Spa Francorchamps
26th July, 2011

Well, I dont know about you, but I feel like this race has pretty much severed all criticism that I had turned into a reckless driver bent on colliding into absolutely anything. And yes, I did the fight to the Maserati's, but ultimately they prevailed. No matter though, I am deeply impressed with how it went, and to complete a first season strong like this in the GT1 is just... Wow.

Qualifying

People still weren't to sure about me when I came into Spa. Because of all the controversy that had built up (Such as last time round in Monza, and the TORA GT race at Nurburgring), people were saying that I would still be a bit grouchy about it. However, once I watched Gurren Lagann to get me into the mood, I was convinced that I was ready for Operation: Setting Sun. And in 10 minutes, I had managed to win back some of the doubters (They were hoping Id bring the fight to them!) as I went with 3800's of a second behind joeicemancool. Time; 2.17.371 vs 2.17.333 for Joe.

Sprint Race

Because we were getting back into the swing of things, we did have trouble with the Rolling start procedure (Mind you, Le Castellet had the same sort of problems) though when we did get going, I felt completely reclensed from all of my personal problems and suddenly felt.. Alive again. Though I did still do some ameteur mistakes (messed up Eau Rouge for example), I managed to finish 5th overall. And that set me up for what I think has got to be one of my best drives ever...

Feature Race

...Because it seemed to me like the racing gods were in the clouds and said "Right, we are giving this man one of the battles of the season!". Luckily, I managed to give them what they wanted. I actually managed to hold off Joe for half of the race (Had some nail biting moments though!) but ultimately, the MC12 GT1 shot off like a rocket and left me for dead. So I finished 4th overall in the feature race (Not a bad way to end an epic season, eh?).
When I went back and check with the overall standings before I jetted back to Ravenwest HQ, I learned that the top 3 was covered by 10 points! And I literally held off I S1k Wit1T I by 7 points! I finished 4th overall in the standings, and the Mad Croc Racing team finished 3rd overall. Fantastic racing gentlemen, and well done to the guys there!

Now, whilst on the subject on Ravenwest, Ive decided that enough's enough with the Z4 of Eizox Sonic. Instead, Ive jumped into... the BMW M3 E92.
Driver Report: Repairing What's Been Ruined 5974857464_222ed008eb_z
Did 6 laps at Mugello, and Ive already hit the 1:54 barrier (Which is the magic marker for Front engined, Rear Wheel Drive cars I believe), so this car handles like a charm!

At last, all is well for me. As usual, all is well at Ravenwest. Operation: Era Vulgaris* is a go!
VVV GunDaM
VVV GunDaM

Playstation 4 PC

Number of posts : 1086
Registration date : 2011-03-06

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Driver Report: Repairing What's Been Ruined :: Comments

VVV GunDaM

Post Tue 26 Jul 2011 - 22:12 by VVV GunDaM

Operation: Era Vulgaris is my official operation name for the TORA GT campaign, and is also a reference to my new favourite band right now (And probably one of the best ever); None other than Queens of the Stone Age!

Back to top Go down