TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Apex Autosport to Shutter ISCC Program for 2012 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Apex Autosport to Shutter ISCC Program for 2012 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Apex Autosport to Shutter ISCC Program for 2012 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Apex Autosport to Shutter ISCC Program for 2012 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Apex Autosport to Shutter ISCC Program for 2012 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Apex Autosport to Shutter ISCC Program for 2012 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Apex Autosport to Shutter ISCC Program for 2012 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Apex Autosport to Shutter ISCC Program for 2012 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Apex Autosport to Shutter ISCC Program for 2012 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Apex Autosport to Shutter ISCC Program for 2012

Go down

Apex Autosport to Shutter ISCC Program for 2012 Empty Apex Autosport to Shutter ISCC Program for 2012

Apex Autosport to Shutter ISCC Program for 2012
Team to focus on GT while Owner runs ISCC

Indianapolis, IN, USA - December 6, 2011
Zach Casto and his Apex Autosport outfit were busy preparing for what was to be their first season of international sports car competition, the 2012 MSA International Sports Car Championship (ISCC), when the phone rang. An unexpected opening with one of the elite teams in all of TORA has led to the cancellation of Apex Autosport’s planned LMPC attack for the 2012 ISCC season; instead Casto and a selection of his engineers will be joining Austins Team Hunter Racing (ATR) and their Lola Aston Martin LMP1 program.

“I would like to thank ATR for this incredible opportunity. I have always desired a top-flight drive in LMP1, and now I have just that. I simply cannot express how anxious I am for the 2012 ISCC season!” said Casto when asked for his reaction to the ATR offer. “I will be driving the #29 Gulf Oil, Lowe’s Home Improvement Warehouse, Lola Aston Martin, and will be bringing a team of my senior engineers with me. We will begin testing this week.” ATR Team Principal Daniel Austins described his new signing to be "another great talent who no doubt will shine in the team. He has the speed and consistency which are two ingredients that are vital in the ISCC. I shall be looking forward to working with him at the start of 2012." Casto will pilot the #29 alongside Principal Daniel Austins’ #7 and Ben Chalk in the #19.

Despite belief to the contrary Apex Autosport will remain a fully functioning international motorsport operation in 2012. “We will not be releaving anybody of their duties with Apex Autosport, in fact we are currently searching for a new Technical Director, as our previous Director will be joining my ISCC entry with ATR” said Casto when asked to clarify the future of his team. “The freshly reevaluated 2012 plan for Apex Autosport will consist of a focus on entering carefully selected rounds of various TORA championships across the globe. Expect to see the #29 Apex Autosport entry appear in the MSA GT Championship, MSA Touring Car Championship, and perhaps an MSA Tascar round or two.”

In a leaked press-release late last-week Casto was tabbed as the second driver for an ATR entry into the TORA MSA Nurburgring 24 at the famed Nurburgring Nordschleife. Casto would later confirm the leaked release by stating, “The release is accurate, I will be teaming with ATR and Daniel Austins for the Nurburgring 24. Daniel will be entering the #2 Cadbury Dairy Milk Ford GT Mk7 and I will be in the #29 Cadbury Caramel Ford GT Mk7.” In what came as an additional shock to the TORA community Casto made a further announcement, “I can now also confirm that I will be driving the #29 Gulf Oil, Lowe’s Home Improvement Warehouse, Lola Aston Martin this Saturday in the Le Mans 24.”
EZT Challenger
EZT Challenger

TORA Race Number : 29
Number of posts : 427
Registration date : 2011-11-04

http://www.eztmotorsport.net/

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Apex Autosport to Shutter ISCC Program for 2012 :: Comments

ATR DAN

Post Tue 6 Dec 2011 - 22:03 by ATR DAN

WAHEY! It's time to make the exciting news official! cheers

I'll make sure that you will be settled nicely into ATR. But, I don't want you to feel pressured into performing really well or to be fighting at the front of the field straight away mate. I have always believed in giving out the opportunities to the community to have the ability to race in a team. All I ask is for you to try your best in the championships/events you'll be participating with ATR.

And with that, welcome on board Zach. I shall be looking forward to working with you. The first event with us is the 2.4 hours of le mans. I've already gifted you a paint for the Lola Aston and I'm currently in the process of a tune for the car as well.

Back to top Go down

VVV GunDaM

Post Tue 6 Dec 2011 - 22:20 by VVV GunDaM

Welcome home, Zach.

My name is Ben Chalk. But you may call me 009 for short(Though technically I dont have that number anymore).

As Dan said, we won't pressure you into being good from the outset, because hey, the competition is known to be notoriously difficult around here. But all we ask you is to go for nothing than being the best at what you do.

And with this, we proudly present this flag: Apex Autosport to Shutter ISCC Program for 2012 US-UK_Flag_408x212

Back to top Go down

EZT Challenger

Post Tue 6 Dec 2011 - 23:21 by EZT Challenger

Ben...I mean 009,

That is awesome, absolutely awesome! Thank you, and I look forward to many successful race meetings with you guys!

Back to top Go down

VVV GunDaM

Post Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 8:29 by VVV GunDaM

BuckeyeBullet wrote:Ben...I mean 009,

That is awesome, absolutely awesome! Thank you, and I look forward to many successful race meetings with you guys!

Just call me Ben if you want, it'll be probably easier on the tongue. 009 is a thing my team mate invented for me when I debued for the team at Sunset Peninsula.

And you're right, that flag is badass!

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down