TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Lobby Instructions  EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Lobby Instructions  EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Lobby Instructions  EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Lobby Instructions  EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Lobby Instructions  EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Lobby Instructions  EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Lobby Instructions  EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Lobby Instructions  EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Lobby Instructions  EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Lobby Instructions

4 posters

Go down

Lobby Instructions  Empty Lobby Instructions

Post by CQR Rogue Tue 28 Aug 2012 - 16:10

Lobby Instructions

Hey all going by this suggestion would be great to do this every race for lobby hosts to relay message as per race control.

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com/t8140p60-suggestion-box#153492
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Lobby Instructions  Empty Re: Lobby Instructions

Post by ATR DAN Tue 28 Aug 2012 - 16:21

I agree with the idea for lobby hosts giving clear instructions before a race meeting begins.
For the past few events, we've been having issues with cars sprinting in the distance on the parade lap in particular. Also, it would be an idea to talk about instructions for safety car incase we have issues again like the Nurburgring. I like Simon's new idea about safety cars, but I would like to include the leader call out when he/she is going to floor the throttle. Basically, like the countdown at the start of the race where a driver shouts "3,2,1 GO"
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

TORA Race Number : 7
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4872
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by ATR DAN Tue 28 Aug 2012 - 16:35

If we could make a list of important instructions to call before a race meeting begins, I think it would prepare us a lot better for that meeting.
This is only an example & also dependent on which racing series the rules apply for:

1) The number of racing laps
2) Parade lap - Driving in grid order, single file & maximum speed of 80mph. Reduce the speed to 60mph and form up two by two before the final corner. When the grid has fully formed up, lobby host can order the pole position driver to start the race between the pit entry and the start/finish line. Drivers are not allowed to overtake until they have crossed the start/finish line.
3) Saftey Cars - If a crash involves 3 or more drivers, the leader of the race is in charge of slowing the cars down to a maximum of 30mph so the field can form up once again for the restart. Once the grid has all caught up, the lobby host will order the leader to restart the event, but only after the field has all gone round the final corner. Drivers are not allowed to overtake until they have crossed the start/finish line.
Space is also very important in case of conflicting connections between the drivers, so a gap of at least 60ft is highly recommended.
4) Pit-stops - Again, depending on which series TORA is hosting and also the amount of pit-stops as stated in the rule book. And what time the first pit-stop should be completed by.

I think that's everything but you could add to what I've suggested anyway Smile
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

TORA Race Number : 7
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4872
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Hainesy Tue 28 Aug 2012 - 17:41

Heres OcR Projects idea of a "script":

OcR Project239X wrote:Please see below what I was thinking, I know it looks like War & Peace but I've read through it a couple of times and I think the host can read through this in 1.5 - 2 minutes tops. Obviously the event organisers will need to agree on the points marked X before the event. This is also by no means exhaustive but I think it covers off the key points and hopefully will make things easier for the TORA guys. I'm open to Suggestions......

Welcome to Lobby A of Round XX of the TORA XXXX Championship, I am Inspector Gadget and I will be host of lobby A tonight, in the unlikely event that I lag out this role will be assumed by Harold Shipman.

This is a short brief to cover off the key areas to ensure tonight's event runs smoothly please listen carefully. If you have any questions please wait until the end of the brief and I will do my best to answer these.

The first lap will be a parade lap for which the speed limit will be XXXmph whilst all cars manouvre into position, followed by a rolling start.

Host then asks "Bob you are on pole position, which side of the grid would you like to start on?"

Bob say's "Right side please host"

Competitors, all odd numbers will start on the left and all even will start on the right. Tonight's order is as follows;

1st Bob
2nd Bob's Brother
3rd Bob's Sister
4th etc etc

Once your in the correct position all competitors are to follow round in single file maintaining a safe distance to the car in front, there is to be NO brake testing during the parade lap, weaving is permitted to heat tyres. On approach to the final corner all cars are to assume grid formation (side by side in pairs).

Once through the final corner Bob at a time of his own discretion which MUST be before the start / finish line will countdown loudly "3-2-1 Go Go Go". Competitors are not to overtake until they have crossed the start / finish line.

There are two mandatory pitstops in this event, the first MUST be taken within the first 25 minutes of the race, this evening this will be XX minutes, the second must be taken after XX minutes but before the last two laps of the race. Yes extra pitstops can be made to repair damage but a second pitstop within the first 25 minutes will NOT count.

This is a multiclass event and as such it is your responsibility to be aware of what is happening behind you aswell as in front. If you are a car being lapped you MUST maintain your normal racing line. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE DEVIATE FROM YOUR NORMAL LINE TO ALLOW THE CAR TO PASS. The competitor will pass you when a safe opportunity arises.

If you lag out or suffer damage sufficient to force you to withdraw from the event please message your mileage to me the host over XBL once you have left the lobby. To avoid distracting myself and the other competitors please do not attempt to communicate this verbally during the race.

If you are unfortunate enough to be involved in a collision with another competitor and feel this requires investigation please follow the Stewards Inquiry process as outlined on the TORA website. For the sake of others do not attempt to discuss or portion blame whilst the race is in progress.

Once XX minutes is reached you are to finish the lap you are on recording the time you cross the line and your mileage and meet myself at point XXXXXXX with all other competitors. I will then request by GT your mileage and time for submitting into the final results. Once all of these are recorded It is then up to you if you wish to wait until the end timer to claim your credits.

In Game Comms - In game comms are to be kept to minimum to avoid distracting fellow competitors. It is optional to make known your position or intention when making a pass out of courtesy but this does not mean the car your passing should yield to your advance. It is at the discretion of your competitor if he / she should decide to defend their position at any point during this advance.

Think its great that he's taken the time to do this and think it needs some consideration as it would be ideal if all lobbies got the same info as there can be no complaints then. Its perfect for last minute "unofficial" hosts as well as they can just read off the script. I think it would have to be shorter though, no need to explain the complete ins and outs of the rules, the drivers should after all have read the rulebook.
Hainesy
Hainesy

TORA Race Number : 446
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1618
Registration date : 2012-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Tue 28 Aug 2012 - 17:47

Defo staff what do you think as I will make this the law lol
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Tue 28 Aug 2012 - 18:49

I think also that during the brief that everyone should be un ready and once brief is read then they ready to confirm. And I feel that the full on brief above is one to go by, as it has everything and no one can say they didnt know
JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

TORA Race Number : 76
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6805
Registration date : 2008-10-19

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down