TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TORA MSA GT Sprint Series - General Discussion - Page 11 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORA MSA GT Sprint Series - General Discussion - Page 11 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TORA MSA GT Sprint Series - General Discussion - Page 11 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA MSA GT Sprint Series - General Discussion - Page 11 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA MSA GT Sprint Series - General Discussion - Page 11 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA MSA GT Sprint Series - General Discussion - Page 11 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA MSA GT Sprint Series - General Discussion - Page 11 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA MSA GT Sprint Series - General Discussion - Page 11 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA MSA GT Sprint Series - General Discussion - Page 11 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA MSA GT Sprint Series - General Discussion

+84
xI ROSS 86 Ix
Mrbrown33
theboomeranga
WhoIsJohn117
Cropper 93
XXX Skyrocket
TG Axiom
MAJ0R LAZER
RW26 BLAZE
CRA XenoMorph
F4H Carrera
CredibleWizard
Koenigsegg R
BG Wumba
Markius Fox
CreamyTastey
inferior car
NOOB 032
F4H Hakkinen
TheAngryPudding
CQR Cobblepop
CQR Deuce
Rabbit0317
Texaspotatolord
Hailfire97x
TG Wormburner
LMR Deftone MX
LMR Scantraxx
ART Carrera
BAM Python
Ax4x Cowboy
Euphoric Blaze
Racert46
Amarth
xTBLx TITAN
The Posimosh
TPR b0x
CQR FluffyHoonigan
xVampirAx
allanrocha89
BG Wingnut396
CQR D4N13L
ATP STEAMY
garyp3398
DeweyTee
big dj210
Morne in Glory
R!CARDOUK
Bob Dixon 76
SorrySmithy
Standaman94
SnippetyOggy86
AdamWatson99
LMR DarthMario
Chicken Glenn
HCR generaltso
Richy59
BDR Blackbird
Hainesy
CQR Aero
Ax4x Chaddy
TfR Mike
ATP Flying Ace
RumbleBee 392
VVV GunDaM
F4H Drake
DTR Rock
LastNewtStandin
TfR Milton
HLR Guru
Ax4x Kane
F4H Lotterer
JAMIE ANDERS0N
Matt
CQR HABURi
CQR Jono
F4H Bullet
Beanz
Adder 020
ShrinkingSteven
Wooflers
XPR Roadrunner
CQR Rogue
Biggsy tv
88 posters

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

TORA MSA GT Sprint Series - General Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: TORA MSA GT Sprint Series - General Discussion

Post by RumbleBee 392 Wed 30 Jan 2013 - 1:01

I've seen TCC get really rough lol I know guys in GT the have used their front bumber to get some one just a lil loose to overtake them Wink
RumbleBee 392
RumbleBee 392

Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3126
Registration date : 2012-04-18

Back to top Go down

TORA MSA GT Sprint Series - General Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: TORA MSA GT Sprint Series - General Discussion

Post by LMR Scantraxx Wed 30 Jan 2013 - 1:20

XPR Soundwave wrote:I've seen TCC get really rough lol I know guys in GT the have used their front bumber to get some one just a lil loose to overtake them Wink

sounds like a public lobby to me lol
LMR Scantraxx
LMR Scantraxx

TORA Race Number : 63
Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2012-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Wed 30 Jan 2013 - 1:31

You shouldn't ever be hitting anyone. Rubbin is racin is the worst way to go about things. It's a NASCAR term invented by guys who only pay attention to the first rub. Rubbing leads to wrecking. Lobby behavior always gets worse when people think a little bit of it is okay.

1. You can race tough and never make contact. Hold your apex's and make the guy behind you pass you. That is tough racing.

2. The following driver has the responsibility for the safety of the driver(s) in front of him. If you hit the guy in front of you that is your fault. If you are following him to close and he brakes a little early to hold the inside it is your responsibility to either slow enough for him or pass him cleanly (without touching) on the outside.

3. Slight taps and accidents do happen. They should never be intentional no matter how little it is. The theory mentioned above always leads to bad things. You can make your presence known by just being there forcing the other guy into a mistake.
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

TORA Race Number : 750
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1797
Registration date : 2011-01-10

http://teamgizmo.net

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Wed 30 Jan 2013 - 1:35

To add, passing on the outside isn't the only option. I did not mean that at all.

Also, the main problem with most and from what I've seen from Catalunya is the guy in 6th is thinking about 1st instead of thinking about 5th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd, 1st. I understand the goal is to win but it shouldn't ever be at any cost.
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hailfire97x Wed 30 Jan 2013 - 1:45

My thing is if things get side-by-side and SOME door-to-door contact occurs, it's natural. It's natural in ALMS, it's natural in the WEC, it's natural in Rolex, and its natural in any other fendered series I can think of.

If its clear that someone just flat punted someone off the track, then that's different. If a small clot of people got bunched up and someone got squirted out, it happens. It's more of a "racing incident" than it is "avoidable contact."
Hailfire97x
Hailfire97x

TORA Race Number : 9
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2012-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Texaspotatolord Wed 30 Jan 2013 - 1:54

VVV worm wrote:You shouldn't ever be hitting anyone. Rubbin is racin is the worst way to go about things. It's a NASCAR term invented by guys who only pay attention to the first rub.=
Tell that to the guys racing GT in ALMS...Or DP drivers on Grand-Am.

Though as far as on Forza, especially in the cars we're in, I agree. It doesn't lead to anything good. Even if you don't damage anyone, it messes the guy your overtaking up. I personally race too much like DP drivers when I get impatient, something I'm trying to fix.

A big part is really what you define "rubbing as".

Texaspotatolord

TORA Race Number : 597
Number of posts : 546
Registration date : 2013-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post by XPR Roadrunner Wed 30 Jan 2013 - 1:55

but if that keeps happening then they should take the steps to avoid doing it again.
XPR Roadrunner
XPR Roadrunner

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3649
Registration date : 2012-06-21

http://www.formulaforza.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by XPR Roadrunner Wed 30 Jan 2013 - 1:57

LMR Scantraxx wrote:
XPR Soundwave wrote:I've seen TCC get really rough lol I know guys in GT the have used their front bumber to get some one just a lil loose to overtake them Wink

sounds like a public lobby to me lol

trust me there are major differences. It's different if someone incompetant bumps you rather than someone giving you a slight tap on purpose.
XPR Roadrunner
XPR Roadrunner

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Wed 30 Jan 2013 - 2:02

If no one can understand that it isn't the correct way to race, and I'm certain anyone from CQR or any other team for that matter will back up, then there is no point in me mentioning anything else or further arguing the matter.
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Rabbit0317 Wed 30 Jan 2013 - 2:06

Lucky for me I saved my replay! Mine was a clear cut case of lag. Still stinks that it ruined someone else's race though.
Rabbit0317
Rabbit0317

TORA Race Number : 326
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2013-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Drake Wed 30 Jan 2013 - 2:26

I'm going to have to agree with Worm. That whole 'Rubbing is Racing' is a bunch of garbage constructed by someone being too incompetent to successfully complete a clean pass. The only time you 'rub' someone is if you blow your braking point or become angry that you can't pass the person in front so you need to create some advantage to help yourself out. The fact of the matter is, you cannot always contest for the win on every race.

Note: No one ever said you had to use the same setup for qualifying and both races. If you're expecting to pass, or attempting to pass, multiple people, depending on the track, it is sometimes better to run less downforce to have an advantage down the straights or, my personal favorite, run more downforce so you can stick closer to the person in front, use the draft to stay near or get alongside, and the added downforce helps under braking. Maybe even use some engine breaking if you're really.
F4H Drake
F4H Drake

TORA Race Number : 23
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2012-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Scantraxx Wed 30 Jan 2013 - 2:41

VVV worm wrote:To add, passing on the outside isn't the only option. I did not mean that at all.

Also, the main problem with most and from what I've seen from Catalunya is the guy in 6th is thinking about 1st instead of thinking about 5th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd, 1st. I understand the goal is to win but it shouldn't ever be at any cost.

I totally agree with that the big thing there is you only have to worry about 1st untill you get past 6th, 5th ,4th, 3rd and 2nd ( for example )

one person at a time is the mantra I go by.
LMR Scantraxx
LMR Scantraxx

Back to top Go down

Post by RumbleBee 392 Wed 30 Jan 2013 - 2:52

Rubbin's Racing is WORLD WIDE, except for open wheel cars. I've seen it everywhere, any track, every series. I've seen guys gracefully nudge someone out of the groove and pass. No damage occurred and the drivers continued racing hard.

If you can't control your car from that then that's your problem... Clean passing is just as hard to do as racing tough and forcing the guy in front to make a mistake is too.

Rubbin's racing boys, so get over it :p
RumbleBee 392
RumbleBee 392

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hainesy Wed 30 Jan 2013 - 3:28

The trouble with rubbin's racing is that most of the time it will dish out little percentages of damage to the aero capabilities of the cars and on forza they soon add up. You're left with a car that is totally noncompetitive even though you've had no proper crashes. In the TCC cars its not that great of an issue but all above that seem to be really badly affected so therefore "Rubbin is racing" has no place here.
Hainesy
Hainesy

TORA Race Number : 446
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1618
Registration date : 2012-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Deuce Wed 30 Jan 2013 - 3:35

VVV worm wrote:You shouldn't ever be hitting anyone. Rubbin is racin is the worst way to go about things. It's a NASCAR term invented by guys who only pay attention to the first rub. Rubbing leads to wrecking. Lobby behavior always gets worse when people think a little bit of it is okay.

1. You can race tough and never make contact. Hold your apex's and make the guy behind you pass you. That is tough racing.

2. The following driver has the responsibility for the safety of the driver(s) in front of him
. If you hit the guy in front of you that is your fault. If you are following him to close and he brakes a little early to hold the inside it is your responsibility to either slow enough for him or pass him cleanly (without touching) on the outside.

3. Slight taps and accidents do happen. They should never be intentional no matter how little it is. The theory mentioned above always leads to bad things. You can make your presence known by just being there forcing the other guy into a mistake.

Agree with all those points, especially the text in red which is something people tend to forget or just don't understand to begin with.

I look at it this way. I take pride in my race craft and I want someone to know they can trust me when I'm on their bumper and vice versa. Do I want them to sweat? Absolutely, but don't want them feeling as though I'm gonna wreck them or "nudge someone out of a groove". Rolling Eyes
CQR Deuce
CQR Deuce

TORA Race Number : 914
Xbox One Playstation 3

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2012-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post by RumbleBee 392 Wed 30 Jan 2013 - 3:42

I agree too with his points all valid and true. I'm not saying it's a first resort or even a need.

I'm just saying contact in general happens, and yeah the forza physics are to soft on some cars and harder on others. So not all contact can leave damage and sometimes it's worse.

I'm just saying it happens in the real world and none of those guys go crying about it.

And in case you were wondering, I'll pass you clean and race you hard but I will never use a fender to get around unless you give me a reason(I'm not the only here btw, I've seen drivers across the board)..... And I'm a pretty forgiving guy lol

RumbleBee 392
RumbleBee 392

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Deuce Wed 30 Jan 2013 - 4:13

On the same token I'm not saying there will never be some contact, I just think the term "rubbins racing" can be miss interpreted and send the wrong message. Wink
CQR Deuce
CQR Deuce

TORA Race Number : 914
Xbox One Playstation 3

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2012-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post by RumbleBee 392 Wed 30 Jan 2013 - 4:22

Yeah that's true, I never ment it to be the way to race lol just that it happens.

But like I said earlier, I don't what's up with SIs but it appeared to be simple racing accidents... And that there was too many for a community that knows its a game and tho we want to win, having fun is the number 1 thing.
RumbleBee 392
RumbleBee 392

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Scantraxx Wed 30 Jan 2013 - 4:30

XPR Soundwave wrote:I agree too with his points all valid and true. I'm not saying it's a first resort or even a need.

I'm just saying contact in general happens, and yeah the forza physics are to soft on some cars and harder on others. So not all contact can leave damage and sometimes it's worse.

I'm just saying it happens in the real world and none of those guys go crying about it.

And in case you were wondering, I'll pass you clean and race you hard but I will never use a fender to get around unless you give me a reason(I'm not the only here btw, I've seen drivers across the board)..... And I'm a pretty forgiving guy lol

I've seen some people pull some pretty "shifty" moves on you too lol.
LMR Scantraxx
LMR Scantraxx

Back to top Go down

Post by RumbleBee 392 Wed 30 Jan 2013 - 4:33

Right^^^^ haha I got spun last season by a staff member last season at Catalunya Wink

Scan- I'm sorry for forcing Hamilton to make a mistake n take you out :p
RumbleBee 392
RumbleBee 392

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Scantraxx Wed 30 Jan 2013 - 5:07

XPR Soundwave wrote:Right^^^^ haha I got spun last season by a staff member last season at Catalunya Wink

Scan- I'm sorry for forcing Hamilton to make a mistake n take you out :p

that was not your fault man don't worry about it haha Laughing
LMR Scantraxx
LMR Scantraxx

Back to top Go down

Post by XPR Roadrunner Wed 30 Jan 2013 - 5:18

TORA MSA GT Sprint Series - General Discussion - Page 11 3ss280
XPR Roadrunner
XPR Roadrunner

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Scantraxx Wed 30 Jan 2013 - 5:22

^^^^^^^^^^^ LOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLLOLOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LMR Scantraxx
LMR Scantraxx

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Lotterer Wed 30 Jan 2013 - 5:26

Impatience is the biggest issue , keep the pressure on and you will get the pass you need be it for whatever position , and don't think about 1st untill you are 2nd as before pointed out.
F4H Lotterer
F4H Lotterer

TORA Race Number : 001
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 6346
Registration date : 2012-03-05

http://Www.f4h.es

Back to top Go down

Post by RumbleBee 392 Wed 30 Jan 2013 - 5:47

If you ain't 1st, your last!!!!
RumbleBee 392
RumbleBee 392

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next