TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Battlefield 4 - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Battlefield 4 - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Battlefield 4 - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Battlefield 4 - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Battlefield 4 - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Battlefield 4 - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Battlefield 4 - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Battlefield 4 - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Battlefield 4 - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Battlefield 4

+19
GTR Mike V
ART Carrera
MOPAR001
BG Wumba
Matt
LastNewtStandin
Beanz
CRA Project182R
TG Wormburner
Biggsy tv
Ax4x Cowboy
Pebb
Texaspotatolord
XPR Roadrunner
Ax4x Kane
CQR Aero
Standaman94
CQR Rogue
Richy59
23 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Battlefield 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: Battlefield 4

Post by Richy59 Fri 23 Aug 2013 - 18:13

TG Wormburner wrote:
BG Cowboy wrote:Team play, team play and more team play.

If I want to hop on for a quick couple of rounds but nobody on my friends list is playing too, it's going to be all but impossible to play anything but free for all. At least in BF3 you can do something as an individual but it looks like they are making it harder to do that in BF4 which, in my opinion, is a shame. 

Also, 2 DLCs announced before the game is out ... unless they are going to be included in some special edition of the release it's ridiculous.

Definitely not a game for the more casual player and it seems like all they want to do is bleed the hardcore players dry before the game is out. What's new there though! Laughing
With 64 people it will be easier to jump in as an individual. With the current system a squad can get together, get the vehicles, and dominate an entire game. With 64 people there will be more individuals in a game and more people to balance the maps. I've played on the PC before and it was far better individually than any BF on the console.
This^

With the better gameplay/graphics on XB1 and more players I am unsure which version to buy just now...
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Fri 23 Aug 2013 - 18:21

Yeah, it is far better with that many people. You see a tank and someone says it on the console about 2 people attack it and die trying to quite a bit while the rest of the idiots snipe and do whatever it is idiots do. With 64 people now you have 10-12 people killing the tank and they can't dominate a game as much and neither can one good squad. It's hard to reason and explain but it's a lot better.
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

TORA Race Number : 750
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1797
Registration date : 2011-01-10

http://teamgizmo.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Kane Sun 25 Aug 2013 - 0:18

"You may not need swift first-person shooter skills to excel at Battlefield 4, but only if you have a sharp mind.

Though it was rumored in April, DICE officially revealed Commander Mode for Battlefield 4 at E3. Beloved by players from Battlefield 2, the strategic leadership role was missing from Battlefield 3. Whether the match is happening on consoles or PCs, the leader's overhead map can be accessed from tablet devices.

Commander Mode grants one player an overhead view of the battle and access to various support abilities. In the trailer below, Lars Gustavsson, creative director at DICE, describes the three responsibilities a commanding player will have to take on.

The commander will engage in a data war with the opposing team's leader by calling in UAVs and denying enemy intelligence gathering attempts. To fuel the war machine, commanders can also drop supplies and vehicles directly into a war zone. Lastly, the leader can go on the offensive with missile strikes and other aerial bombardments.

Though this role is undoubtedly powerful, a good commander can't win a game alone. Gustavsson said the range of abilities available to a leader is directly tied to the team's overall performance."

I bet that 9/10 times the Commander is going to be a trolling dumbass.
Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Number of posts : 3148
Registration date : 2011-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Kane Thu 5 Sep 2013 - 0:56

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2inouZ4H1po

IGN’s user community asked nearly 2,500 questions they would like IGN to ask DICE at Gamescom 2013. After narrowing down the questions to a management level DICE’s Battlefield 4 creative director, Lars Gustavsson, was kind enough to answer more than a dozen.

Q: How do you guys feel about the rent-a-server model? There’s quite a bit of chatter on IGN about admin abuse and players feeling as though they’ve been punished for skill as opposed to any kind of infraction.

A: Lars Gustavsson: We’ve definitely heard the community and we experience it ourselves. What we’ve done is we’ve introduced a new system where basically we have pre-defined scales, so if you’re within certain boundaries it will be an official server, which means that people who use – for example – quick match, will be slotted into this. You will be guaranteed a good Battlefield experience. You’ll know what you’re getting into. If you start tweaking around with the settings a little more, it will go down to being ranked which means that you’ll still get your persistence and everything, but some settings might be a bit different from what you’re used to. And then [finally] you can go crazy and change all of the settings, but then it will go down to unranked, so we give you as an admin the freedom, but also to take responsibility for the end user who wants to have a good experience.

So we definitely listened to them. And also we’ve been revisiting how we can ensure that your skill or your XP can be better balanced from game mode to level, so it’s not like some levels are so much more popular than others, just because of a higher XP ratio.

Q: Will Battlefield 4 have bot support?

A: Lars Gustavsson: It’s not in for Battlefield 4. We have our single player experience, we have our multiplayer experience and we’ve been focusing on delivering those. If we had to choose, we’d focus on delivering a good experience to the 64 players that we cater for, as well as adding two commanders on top of those 64… so it’s more possibilities than ever. We’ve also learnt that when we try too much we kill ourselves. (Laughs)

Q: Is it something that you’d look at experimenting with in the background?

A: Lars Gustavsson: We did it with 1942 and Battlefield 2, we had, kind of, the bot war, which was appreciated by people, even though most people went to the online experience. Who knows for the future. If the voice keeps on getting stronger then that’s something that we need to listen to.

Q: A lot of Battlefield players find vehicles like helicopters and jets daunting. Will you have any kind of tutorial or training in Battlefield 4?

A: Lars Gustavsson: We’ve definitely heard that people are afraid of getting in there [and using vehicles like helicopters] and that’s not our intent, so what we’ve done is, we’ve added a test range, which allows you to try out all the hardware ahead of time so that if you want to learn to fly a helicopter you can get in there and you can find the settings that work best for you. And then start doing some stunt flights just to feel safe before you go out and get the responsibility of a bunch of other people sitting in your helicopter, so I truly hope that this will help people feel more safe about trying out the whole battlefield.

Q: It’s a running gag, but… Dinosaur mode?

A: Lars Gustavsson: We definitely hear them and I like the thought of it too, so who knows. It definitely sounds extremely sexy and sounds like something that would fit the battlefield universe very well.

Q: But it’s not something you’re working on?

A: Lars Gustavsson: Not right now, we’re focusing on Battlefield 4.

Q: Will you be able to play Battlefield 4 on the Vita via the PS4’s remote play?

A: Lars Gustavsson: That is the intent. That’s something we’re looking into and working on to see if we can guarantee it.

Q: Do you have it up and running?

A: Lars Gustavsson: Yep.

Q: And how does it feel?

A: Lars Gustavsson: It’s getting there, so it’s, yeah. As always when you’re working on a game you’re still taking one day at a time, but it seems like we’re getting there.

Q: Will the PS Vita be integrated with Commander mode much like tablets are?

A: Lars Gustavsson: No, that’s not in the plan today at least.

Q: Will Battlefield 4 have splitscreen?

A: Lars Gustavsson: No, not for Battlefield 4. What we’re trying to do is really up the visceral experience, the dynamic experience, to give a more complete experience than ever on the battlefield. And with new friend join functionality and a lot of focus on playing together as a squad, and what we’ve done for squads, what we’ve done for commanders, we felt that’s the social gaming focus that we’ve had.

Q: DICE seems to be leading the charge with second screen functionality.

A: Lars Gustavsson: We took a brave step with Battlefield 3 and Battlelog, and it’s probably like Christopher Columbus or someone who set out to do something new and people called them crazy, but it’s proven to be a good strategy and now it’s established. Now we’re pushing the boundaries: we bring it to your tablet, we integrate it to all clients, and on top of that giving you second screen so you as a squad leader can provide orders to your squad or use it as a map. And on next-gen and PC you can use it as well. And of course, Commander, so it’s a plethora of possibilities! On top of that you have customisation of your kit, you have joining servers, there are so many things. And maybe not every player will adapt to use everything, but we’re not telling you how to play: you use what you feel matches your way of playing.

Q: Hardcore mode?

A: Lars Gustavsson: Yes.

Q: Will you be able to utilise civilian vehicles to get around the city?

A: Lars Gustavsson: Overall what we’ve tried to do is focus on military vehicles, and overall we’ve always tried to make the most of each and every vehicle. They’re there for a reason, and if you have 64 players we don’t just want to put vehicles that are there to fill up [the map]. We want to make the most out of them to make the most dynamic battlefield, so military vehicles only.

Q: How about bringing Onslaught mode to Battlefield 4? AI controlled enemy troops, tanks, helis, jets etc, that would be grand.

A: Lars Gustavsson: Thank you! I worked hard on that one. It was a really fun project. Not at launch. Right now we’re focusing on this, but I’m happy to hear that people enjoyed the Onslaught mode, so who knows for the future.

Q: Day and night cycles? Night vision?

A: Lars Gustavsson: We definitely have change of state experiences. Paracel Storm for instance, starts as a beautiful, sunny day and goes into a raging storm, but we haven’t taken the full day/night cycle. What we’ve really tried to do with the whole Levolution package is to ensure that even though it’s dramatic and epic, we want the level to be fun and guarantee good gameplay, even when you play it two years from now, it can’t start being annoying, so even though randomised stuff is beautiful, sometimes a certain amount of predictability is good, particularly when you go into competitive gaming.

Playing Paracel Storm and going from a sunny day to darker gloomier stormy [conditions] definitely gives you an advantage with your IR night site. By initiating these events on the levels we want people to reconsider their customisation and be able to move into another approach to try and outsmart the enemy.

Q: Will you lose bullets remaining in the magazine on reload?

A: Lars Gustavsson: No, we’ve gone with the Battlefield 3 system. I think it was Battlefield 2 where you lost ammo if you reloaded early, but we’re a bit more forgiving [now].

Q: Will, say, helicopters have a limited supply of rockets? Or is that unlimited?

A: Lars Gustavsson: It’s unlimited, but we have been looking into a kind of reload of weapons in general on vehicles to find the balance, because there needs to be a clear advantage of sitting in a vehicle, but you can’t go in and cause mayhem to the whole base. So it’s finding that balance. We’ve worked with a disabled state and we’ve worked with homing missiles to find a better balance and battle experience, and we’re still fine tuning as we speak.

Q: People are really pumped about naval warfare. Can you tell us a little more about the naval-focused DLC that has been announced?

A: Lars Gustavsson: I can’t go into detail on the naval pack yet, but having been with the franchise since the very first prototype, I loved Battlefield 1942 for Iwo Jima, Guadalcanal, Midway, but what struck us there was really that as soon as one ship faced the other one, it’s the one that fires first that wins, and of course sometimes we had islands in between, but it was still quite a staid battle.

But now, introducing the new system, powered by Frostbite 3, we’ve been able to deliver – which I think is for the first time in a first person shooter – a dynamic water network. Previously it was quite a staid battle – many people were just trying to get off the water to go into battle. Now we’ve seen that people start battling it out and it’s just like the tanks fighting amongst the sand dunes in 1942, it’s now about coming around your enemy, using the waves, learning to master the waves or even diving underwater to slam C4 on the other boat, so where previously it was transport, now it’s gameplay, and it makes me super happy.

Q: Why do we still use the Huey when virtually every branch of the military in the U.S. uses a variant of the Blackhawk. What about adding a Chinook? How cool would that be with 64 person multiplayer? Maybe the Osprey?

A: Lars Gustavsson: We went from having Huey in the old games to Blackhawk and then we went to the Venom, so I think from game to game we’ve opted to stay fresh with reality. Chinook is definitely a wonderful helicopter, but overall we try to vary and stay up to date. The U.S. army now has got the MRAP instead of the Humvee, so we constantly evaluate the different armies to see how we can up it. Same thing, we freshened up the airplanes: stealth fighters, we introduced a whole new army: the Chinese army, which is great to have back, we haven’t had them since Battlefield 2. It adds a lot of cool new stuff, in combination with new vehicle customisation, so there’s a lot there.

Many times at events like this you talk about the big features, but I could probably talk for hours about all the little tweaks that we’ve done to the game, with sliding ladders, sprinting up ladders, diving, peek over cover, a lot of little things that we hope improve the core combat loop, since we always go from crosshair and out – that’s what’s important. Yes, it’s beautiful, with Battlelog and a lot of things, but if the core isn’t good, if it’s not worth playing for years, then the rest doesn’t matter.
Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by CRA Project182R Sun 15 Sep 2013 - 12:13

Hell Yeah!! I cannot wait for this :-)
CRA Project182R
CRA Project182R

TORA Race Number : 782
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2009-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Sep 2013 - 12:17

New Battlefield 4 multiplayer trailer, really looking forward to this on Xbox One, 60fps and 64 players Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Tue 17 Sep 2013 - 12:39

PC Wink but xbox 1 version will be purchased as well cant wait to hunt down Aero using a silenced VAL!! ninja style and hearing rage!!!!!!
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Kane Tue 17 Sep 2013 - 12:39

We should create a TORA Battlefield Military Smile

I'd like to see some vehicle information now. How many can we get in one game, armoured, naval & aerial? Which models will be featured?
Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanz Tue 17 Sep 2013 - 12:44

CQR MAGiC wrote:...Xbox One, 60fps and 64 players Very Happy
Battlefield 4 - Page 2 Dcbjhc
Beanz
Beanz

TORA Race Number : 57
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 2661
Registration date : 2012-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Kane Tue 17 Sep 2013 - 12:46

BG Beanz wrote:
CQR MAGiC wrote:...Xbox One, 60fps and 64 players Very Happy
[img:16d2]http://nevercontrary.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/[Censored]-just-got-real.jpg[/img:16d2]
Beanz failed a meme! You saw it here first!
Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Sep 2013 - 12:47

Oh Beanz what did you do

Battlefield 4 - Page 2 1tAQj

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanz Tue 17 Sep 2013 - 13:05

Don't know what you mean, my post doesn't say edited or anything! scratch 

Battlefield 4 - Page 2 Drevil_million_dollars
Beanz
Beanz

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Cowboy Tue 1 Oct 2013 - 7:31

BF4 Beta is playable from 9am today for those who are BF3 Premium members, BF4 Pre-Order holders or MoH:Warfighter LE owners.

Downloaded and pre-loaded last night in 20 minutes. I know it's TCC tonight but i'm going to have a quick go on it beforehand. Smile
Ax4x Cowboy
Ax4x Cowboy

TORA Race Number : 259
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 960
Registration date : 2012-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Tue 1 Oct 2013 - 10:26

How do I get it?
Standaman94
Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7383
Registration date : 2010-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Tue 1 Oct 2013 - 10:29

Oh my guess who had very early access to beta Very Happy Richy this on pc hands down even vs xbox1
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Tue 1 Oct 2013 - 10:49

Why PC better than xbone? Control input can be same (plug in mouse and keyboard if you really want to), yet on xbone you know everyone's on the same hardware and not glitching....
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

TORA Race Number : 80
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6084
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.chrissiddallmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Tue 1 Oct 2013 - 11:04

Yep agree but still needs to prove that you can use your mouse and keyboard on xbox 1? Aiming so much easier on pc

Also some news from various testing team on BF4 alpha testing that the xbox 1 was losing performance against moderate pc rigs! but again this can be worked on.

Plus its a personal opinion but PC fps always work better than console equivalent

Also I am paying for the premium upgrade which should be able o transfer across PC and xbox 1 but you cant so that means forking out for x2 premium accounts to cover xbox 1 and pc costs which is a no no Sad

Have a look at windsheer videos
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Tue 1 Oct 2013 - 11:10

Rolling Eyes PC yadda yadda yadda, yeah we get it Razz

But I don't have a good PC, so consoles is the way forward for me Razz At least with a console I know that it will be able to play any game that is available for it. With a PC I always feel some uncertainty that I've wasted money on a game that won't even run very well.

Anyway, how does one get the beta on Xbox? I got MoH:WF so I should have access to the beta.
Standaman94
Standaman94

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Tue 1 Oct 2013 - 12:03

Yea Stan you should receive an email off EA Wink
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Kane Tue 1 Oct 2013 - 12:25

I was a Premium member on BF3. Haven't got an email.

Despite having a PC that is more than capable of running BF4 on high settings, I'm getting this for the XB1. Unfortunately, I'm a lot better at shooting & flying on a controller rather than a keyboard and mouse. And there's already reports of glitchers on the BF4 Alpha.
Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by LastNewtStandin Fri 4 Oct 2013 - 15:07

The Beta is now open for everyone to download.
Note its a free gold weekend on xblive so likely to be busy
LastNewtStandin
LastNewtStandin

TORA Race Number : 55
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 991
Registration date : 2012-12-03

http://www.forzauniverse.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Fri 4 Oct 2013 - 15:20

So much for my MoH exclusive thing Rolling Eyes good ol' EA
Standaman94
Standaman94

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanz Mon 7 Oct 2013 - 16:47

Battlefield 4 - Page 2 9s3rxu
Beanz
Beanz

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Cowboy Mon 7 Oct 2013 - 18:19

Love the size of the map in the PC demo compared to how big it is in the 360 demo.
Ax4x Cowboy
Ax4x Cowboy

TORA Race Number : 259
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 960
Registration date : 2012-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Kane Mon 7 Oct 2013 - 19:16

Beta is good fun. We should get a group online.
Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next