TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion

+41
CQR Basher
Ax4x Chaddy
TFR Magic
RBHMScarhand
totlxtc
CQR HABURi
SorrySmithy
aggerdo
Slider S15
GTR Mike V
Amarth
Richy59
GLR mar B ond
LastNewtStandin
Mavrick 0
PLOW tubbi
Turbo Power 77
CQR Vapor
Ax4x Cowboy
Standaman94
Beanz
CQR NEON
I Ray P Dave I
BG Wumba
CQR Myles
CQR Rogue
TheAngryPudding
Ax4x Mikey J
theboomeranga
LMR Sahara
TG Wormburner
Koenigsegg R
Ax4x Kane
CQR Jono
TPR Watkin
Ax4x Bandit
TLR Scrublord
CQR Aero
CQR Deuce
JAMIE ANDERS0N
CQR D4N13L
45 posters

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion

Post by CQR Myles Fri 8 Nov 2013 - 14:28

LMR WARSPITE wrote:This debate is just repeating itself back to the start guys, we're keeping it as Civil as possible, but please, if you have a point to make, be sure it's a positive and new one, otherwise this will never end..
This is a loop hole arguement, it will never end until the big bosses say yes or no
CQR Myles
CQR Myles

TORA Race Number : 226
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1274
Registration date : 2013-02-06

Back to top Go down

MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion

Post by TG Wormburner Fri 8 Nov 2013 - 14:28

CQR MAGiC wrote:It's your own driver who is doing the very thing you abhore, so stop pointing the finger elsewhere please.
LOL, Berty already did it! He scored individual points while switching cars. The fact that he was a privateer, an individual, then switched to help a team, then raced AFTER still scoring individual points wasn't a problem then but it is now? Pot. Kettle. Black.

And in the case of Berty, if he won and entered the race of champions what would he drive?

It is very nice of you to skip over and twist words on any valid point to keep hammering away that you and your team believe something is unfair but you're entire argument is based upon intent and some backasswards way to cut out a ruling. Quoting your snippet of the rules as you have means stewards inquiries are against the rules as well.

+ You subbed three of the fastest drivers in Forza into a championship yet say "It's different, it's a different championship".

+ You have a driver doing the same thing but "he helped a team" so it's obviously different. Hell, he even scored INDIVIDUAL points AFTER switching cars (after the halfway point which makes 3 technical switches).
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

TORA Race Number : 750
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1797
Registration date : 2011-01-10

http://teamgizmo.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 8 Nov 2013 - 14:32

Berty was already 159 points behind when he substituted Worm, that's hardly the same thing as a driver who is in the joint championship lead.

"You subbed three of the fastest drivers in Forza into a championship yet say "It's different, it's a different championship"

They could have subbed for Team Gizmo - did you ask them, did they want to?

--

Well no one could ever accuse this championship of fizzling out with a whimper could they Very Happy Will be a dramatic finish to Forza Motorsport 4 for many of us I think, really looking forward to it! And to be honest with all of you, I don't care who's driving what, all the cars at the sharp-end are A lobby capable - the previous 15 races have already proved that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 8 Nov 2013 - 14:34

So now its CQR's fault for having a quick team right through?? Thats what hardwork does to teams.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 8 Nov 2013 - 14:35

Worm, would you like to make your TCC Season 8 debut in a CQR car at NurbGP? You seem to have a very healthy interest in the championship but haven't taken part this season, we have lots of spare cars if you would like to try? If not, Haydo's Volvo is free.

Back to top Go down

Post by I Ray P Dave I Fri 8 Nov 2013 - 14:45

im sorry but after reading this and the rules all morning there is nothing anyone can do about haydo subbing mikey so what if he's in a lexus its a game just build a bridge and get over it
I Ray P Dave I
I Ray P Dave I

TORA Race Number : 199
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2012-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Fri 8 Nov 2013 - 14:47

I don't have a wheel anymore and I'm very busy that's why I don't play (it's boxed up ready to ship off when it sells on eBay). I have a healthy interest in fairness and what you are saying and what you have already done is not fair and it's hypocritical in every sense. How many points Berty was behind has bearing on 1st and 2nd. What about the guy in 21st that's goal was a top 20? 26th that wanted a top 25? It's no different other than a number but it still effects someone at the end of the day. When it didn't have bearing on YOUR team it wasn't a problem. Now it very well may have a bearing on your team and it is. That is an absolute indisputable fact.

For the record again I am with Thom in that no subbing, no switching, etc but the rules were made before the series. You can't go back on what has already been done until the series is complete. I also hope the discussion doesn't harm a relationship between myself and your team, I just simply see it as not fair to do one and complain about it in the same breath.
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 8 Nov 2013 - 14:50

There's no issue between me, you or our team Worm - racing politics is racing politics, racing on track is racing on track and the rest is friends playing a game. It's all separate. The rules have caused the issue, and everyone has different opinions on the legality, morality and implications of that - staff make the decision, and I fully support them (whether I agree in this case or not is irrelevant, it's their call).

This has been the best Forza championship I've ever raced in, and I know many others feel the same - Forza 5 has a lot to live up to!

Tuesday's gonna be epic guys, remember to watch it live Worm Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 8 Nov 2013 - 14:51

I think one of the Organising staff should come and put a Yes or a No to the issue, just so we know where to go from there.

So this is the defining question: 
Is TG Haydo permitted to sub for driver Flyin Mikey J for the next round?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 8 Nov 2013 - 14:56

^ this - everyone has said their piece (many many times over lol), whatever the staff decide *is* the right call, they never expected or anticipated the situation to arise, so can only do what they think is right given the information that has been presented to them now. That's true of many disagreements and discussion regarding rules etc, it's usually an exceptional circumstance that wasn't forseen that causes the disagreement, it's nobody's fault.

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Fri 8 Nov 2013 - 15:00

CQR MAGiC wrote:There's no issue between me, you or our team Worm - racing politics is racing politics, racing on track is racing on track and the rest is friends playing a game. It's all separate. The rules have caused the issue, and everyone has different opinions on the legality, morality and implications of that - staff make the decision, and I fully support them (whether I agree in this case or not is irrelevant, it's their call).

This has been the best Forza championship I've ever raced in, and I know many others feel the same - Forza 5 has a lot to live up to!

Tuesday's gonna be epic guys, remember to watch it live Worm Razz
Good to hear and I will likely be working on Tuesday when this takes place. It's only 3pm for me.
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 8 Nov 2013 - 15:01

I'm sure it will be archived on the TORA Twitch channel for viewing later Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 8 Nov 2013 - 15:02

My only problem is Worm........

......Your playing forza 5 and i'm not lol Razz 

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Fri 8 Nov 2013 - 15:05

LOL
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Deuce Fri 8 Nov 2013 - 15:07

CQR CHRiS wrote:My only problem is Worm........

Amen to that!Hilarious 
CQR Deuce
CQR Deuce

TORA Race Number : 914
Xbox One Playstation 3

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2012-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenigsegg R Fri 8 Nov 2013 - 15:08

About the current rules, there might be another loophole.

If TG Haydo is subbing for Flying Mikey J, does that mean that somebody else can sub for TG Haydo in the Volvo??

(not trying to start a whole argument war again)
Koenigsegg R
Koenigsegg R

TORA Race Number : 117
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 2674
Registration date : 2011-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by BG Wumba Fri 8 Nov 2013 - 15:09

LMR WARSPITE wrote:I think one of the Organising staff should come and put a Yes or a No to the issue, just so we know where to go from there.

There is no yes or no about it, it is clearly stated in the rules, leaving no room for it to be a 'loophole' as it does not give any vagueness, it does not make the rule right, but to 'change' the rules now, which is what it would be if you said no, is totally wrong.
BG Wumba
BG Wumba

TORA Race Number : 43
Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Fri 8 Nov 2013 - 15:11

LMR WARSPITE wrote:I think one of the Organising staff should come and put a Yes or a No to the issue, just so we know where to go from there.

I already did that 5 pages ago.  Some people just like to continue arguing after they've effectively won....

CQR Aero wrote:As it stands, changing would not be against the rules.....

.....Whether you agree with the "morality" or not Haydo is free to sub as per the rules as they stand today.

One thing that's not been explicitly said though Haydo - you can't fill an empty slot in a team, you must be "replacing" someone (i.e. substituting for another driver).  I can't see anywhere who Haydo is planning to sub for.
Now that we know he's subbing for Mikey (not known at the time of writing the post quoted above), there's nothing more to say.
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

TORA Race Number : 80
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6084
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.chrissiddallmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Fri 8 Nov 2013 - 15:12

Koenigsegg R wrote:About the current rules, there might be another loophole.

If TG Haydo is subbing for Flying Mikey J, does that mean that somebody else can sub for TG Haydo in the Volvo??

(not trying to start a whole argument war again)
No.  They could replace Haydo in the Lexus though (and Haydo not race at all).......! Laughing

You have to replace a driver, not fill an empty seat.  Haydo is in for Mikey J who is not taking part.  The only way to sub for Haydo is for Haydo not to race.
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Fri 8 Nov 2013 - 15:58

CQR Aero wrote:

I already did that 5 pages ago.  Some people just like to continue arguing after they've effectively won....
Congrats on being a pain about it Aero, some things never change. Did it ever cross your mind after one person made this statement and the discussion was continuing that we didn't know a ruling was ever made?

Maybe you should have thought before posting.
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Fri 8 Nov 2013 - 16:00

CQR Deuce wrote:
CQR CHRiS wrote:My only problem is Worm........

Amen to that!Hilarious 
MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 5 Dueces-mickey-hands-351
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Jono Fri 8 Nov 2013 - 16:07

MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 5 Trolls-trolls-everywhere-spiderman-PotkK5

Well...............someone had to try and lighten the mood Cheers 
CQR Jono
CQR Jono

TORA Race Number : 505
Number of posts : 898
Registration date : 2012-06-06

http://www.cqrclub.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Fri 8 Nov 2013 - 16:11

TG Wormburner wrote:Maybe you should have thought before posting.
Wow, and you feel inclined to call other people hypocrites....I didn't realise you were a comedian too!
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Bandit Fri 8 Nov 2013 - 16:11

CQR Aero wrote:
TG Wormburner wrote:Maybe you should have thought before posting.
Wow, and you feel inclined to call other people hypocrites....I didn't realise you were a comedian too!
+1
Ax4x Bandit
Ax4x Bandit

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4104
Registration date : 2012-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR NEON Fri 8 Nov 2013 - 16:28

MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 5 Facedesk
CQR NEON
CQR NEON

TORA Race Number : 255
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2012-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next