TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TORA Mighty Minis - General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORA Mighty Minis - General Discussion - Page 4 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TORA Mighty Minis - General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA Mighty Minis - General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA Mighty Minis - General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA Mighty Minis - General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA Mighty Minis - General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA Mighty Minis - General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA Mighty Minis - General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA Mighty Minis - General Discussion

+40
CQR Basher
D4NINHO
No1irishstig
ATP Wheelwash
Ax4x Broomz
ll Taku ll
LucyLou217
HLR Toffo
HCR Hamish
CQR Cobblepop
SorrySmithy
LastNewtStandin
MAB170294
CQR Jono
CQR Rogue
Ax4x Cowboy
F4H Button
Windcharger8199
Ax4x Mikey J
DangerDave49
v Hurricane v
DeweyTee
Ax4x Bandit
theboomeranga
CQR Aero
XPR Roadrunner
BG Wumba
Beanz
PLOW tubbi
Matt
Richy59
GAMERTAGofSTEVE
Ax4x Mikun
Standaman94
CQR Myles
AMR of the Apex
Mavrick 0
Wooflers
Ax4x Kane
Biggsy tv
44 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

TORA Mighty Minis - General Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: TORA Mighty Minis - General Discussion

Post by CQR Jono Tue 26 Nov 2013 - 14:43

Looking good Dewey Cheers 
CQR Jono
CQR Jono

TORA Race Number : 505
Number of posts : 898
Registration date : 2012-06-06

http://www.cqrclub.co.uk

Back to top Go down

TORA Mighty Minis - General Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: TORA Mighty Minis - General Discussion

Post by CQR Aero Tue 26 Nov 2013 - 14:56

That looks awesome! "Simple" or at least "more simple" designs are going to look more authentic on these cars I think, and that design suits the series perfectly imo!
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

TORA Race Number : 80
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6084
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.chrissiddallmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Kane Tue 26 Nov 2013 - 15:00

CQR Aero wrote:When we ran the "modern minis" in 2012 (2011?) we had some of the most spectacular crashes in TORA history (Road Atlanta).  Most memorable moment for me, was passing one AJzero on Maple Valley on the final corner of the final lap.  He got it on the kerbs that put him up onto two wheels, and I drove underneath his car to take the position!!

I hope this mini series (see what I did there?!) gives us some more exciting racing like that!
That sounds awesome 8)That may have even been 2010 as I believe AJ was gone before I signed up.
Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Number of posts : 3148
Registration date : 2011-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by DeweyTee Wed 27 Nov 2013 - 19:59

I haven't noticed anything about "assists". Please tell me you'll let the old man use TCS...... I'm having a hard enough time learning to use a controller!
DeweyTee
DeweyTee

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2011-12-21

Back to top Go down

Post by v Hurricane v Wed 27 Nov 2013 - 20:36

Ok gents, as most of you know I'm not taking part in this abomination of a game. But, I will support everyone who does. Now if in some way you can find it, I have created 2 TORA.com banners like we use for FM4. In the screwed up way this game is, I have no idea where you can find them, since the only thing you can search for is designs. Also, you will have to pay for them IF you can find them now that this game will not let you give anything away. The cost is only 10 credits, which is the cheapest you can charge. You can try to find them doing a search for my gamertag or look for 'TORA Banner White' or 'TORA Banner Black'. I will also try to make some curved ones for above the windshield/screen, but so far this is all I have.
v Hurricane v
v Hurricane v

TORA Race Number : 14
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2012-09-12

http://ax4x.org

Back to top Go down

Post by XPR Roadrunner Thu 28 Nov 2013 - 2:10

Its in use a vinyl. When you are in the add decals interface.

Question about the build. Is it unrestricted apart from what's listed. Ex I can swap aspirations and drivetrains and the like?
XPR Roadrunner
XPR Roadrunner

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3649
Registration date : 2012-06-21

http://www.formulaforza.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Thu 28 Nov 2013 - 8:53

Hey dude,

Yep car is FWD only apart from that the extra PI is up to you Smile

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com/t12060-tora-mighty-minis-car-build-rules#269068

CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanz Thu 28 Nov 2013 - 15:45

DeweyTee wrote:I haven't noticed anything about "assists".  Please tell me you'll let the old man use TCS...... I'm having a hard enough time learning to use a controller!
Why would you use TCS on a FWD car? scratch 
Beanz
Beanz

TORA Race Number : 57
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 2661
Registration date : 2012-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by DeweyTee Thu 28 Nov 2013 - 17:17

BG Beanz wrote:
DeweyTee wrote:I haven't noticed anything about "assists".  Please tell me you'll let the old man use TCS...... I'm having a hard enough time learning to use a controller!
Try a 534 hp Renault Megane and see if you don't need it! Honestly I'm having a hard enough time just using a controller instead of my Fanatec. If the tires are spinning they ain't steering!
DeweyTee
DeweyTee

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by MAB170294 Thu 28 Nov 2013 - 17:49

Would anyone be interested in joining Bratley Sport for this championship, ive got the mini running 1.03.8s round yas north corkscrew.

Thanks
MAB170294
MAB170294

TORA Race Number : 40
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 635
Registration date : 2013-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by XPR Roadrunner Thu 28 Nov 2013 - 18:06

sweet, Cheers Duncan
XPR Roadrunner
XPR Roadrunner

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3649
Registration date : 2012-06-21

http://www.formulaforza.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanz Thu 28 Nov 2013 - 19:20

DeweyTee wrote:
BG Beanz wrote:
Try a 534 hp Renault Megane and see if you don't need it!  Honestly I'm having a hard enough time just using a controller instead of my  Fanatec. If the tires are spinning they ain't  steering!
Ok well that's just ridiculous, lol. On this Mini though there's no need for it...
Beanz
Beanz

TORA Race Number : 57
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 2661

Back to top Go down

Post by LastNewtStandin Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 9:18

Dewey I think you should try TCS off in front wheel drive,
I know you are saying that if the wheels are spinning they aint steering.
But also if they are being choked by TCS then they are not pulling you around the corner as quick as you could be.

I use TCS a lot so far in FM5 but it does hinder in FWD generally Smile
LastNewtStandin
LastNewtStandin

TORA Race Number : 55
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 991
Registration date : 2012-12-03

http://www.forzauniverse.net

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Jono Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 9:44

BG Beanz wrote:On this Mini though there's no need for it...
You've obviously not tried one of the builds I was mucking around with Twisted Evil Laughing 

I won't be using it myself but I can see why people will do so...............you'll be too far ahead to notice anyway Wink 
CQR Jono
CQR Jono

TORA Race Number : 505
Number of posts : 898

http://www.cqrclub.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW tubbi Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 13:01

@ Dewey, mod you dead zones mate, helps with that kind of thing.

Go: Controller > settings > Dead Zone > take it to 0 - 100 on the throttle and braking.
PLOW tubbi
PLOW tubbi

Number of posts : 1763
Registration date : 2008-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by LastNewtStandin Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 13:11

Im using 30 - 100 for the braking deadzone. I prefer a bit more travel before the brakes start to grab
LastNewtStandin
LastNewtStandin

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by DeweyTee Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 15:28

PLOW tubbi wrote:@ Dewey, mod you dead zones mate, helps with that kind of thing.

Go: Controller > settings > Dead Zone > take it to 0  -  100 on the throttle and braking.
Thanks Tubbi,I'll give it a go.
DeweyTee
DeweyTee

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by v Hurricane v Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 16:38

PLOW tubbi wrote:@ Dewey, mod you dead zones mate, helps with that kind of thing.

Go: Controller > settings > Dead Zone > take it to 0  -  100 on the throttle and braking.
Thanks for helping Dewey with that Tubbi! I was going to suggest that to him and I wasn't able to get back on here last night to post it. That is one of the first things I did when I put the game in, and it still isn't perfect. There is still a bit of dead zone travel for the accelerator when you reach 100% throttle.
v Hurricane v
v Hurricane v

TORA Race Number : 14
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2012-09-12

http://ax4x.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Kane Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 16:40

I tried doing that as well but it completely threw me off. Was much faster with the default controller settings.
Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Number of posts : 3148
Registration date : 2011-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by SorrySmithy Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 23:25

race suspension = race springs and dampers? or is it roll bars as well?
SorrySmithy
SorrySmithy

TORA Race Number : 5
Number of posts : 1886

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Cobblepop Mon 2 Dec 2013 - 15:11

LastNewtStandin wrote:Im using 30 - 100 for the braking deadzone. I prefer a bit more travel before the brakes start to grab
The thing you have to remember is by having it set at 30 - 100 what you're actually doing is reducing the range within the pull of the trigger and in a manner of speaking, making them more sensitive. Whilst you will indeed have an amount of 'play' before the brakes kick in, they will lock up with a smaller amount of travel than if they were set at 0 - 100.
CQR Cobblepop
CQR Cobblepop

TORA Race Number : 963
Number of posts : 198

Back to top Go down

Post by LastNewtStandin Mon 2 Dec 2013 - 15:23

CQR Cobblepop wrote:
LastNewtStandin wrote:Im using 30 - 100 for the braking deadzone. I prefer a bit more travel before the brakes start to grab
The thing you have to remember is by having it set at 30 - 100 what you're actually doing is reducing the range within the pull of the trigger and in a manner of speaking, making them more sensitive. Whilst you will indeed have an amount of 'play' before the brakes kick in, they will lock up with a smaller amount of travel than if they were set at 0 - 100.
Yep Cob I'm finding that an issue too mate, Even fully open 0-100 it just feels like the brakes are grabbing too early,
I dont think I can adjust the contrls to how I am used to them from FM 1/2/3/4.
I now believe I need to adapt the muscle memory to the new sensitivity instead before I find the rythm needed to be competetive and smooth again.

This weekend I will be spending a good bunch of time on FM5 so it should start falling into place.

Also a bit dissapointed that the rewards page was down all day yesterday from 3pm-3am do that I couldn't spend my 4mil on cars in the sale. Feels like I basically earned a 2mil reward when It comes to buying higher class cars Sad
LastNewtStandin
LastNewtStandin

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Hamish Tue 3 Dec 2013 - 9:51

Hey guys, does anyone know what time (gmt) the mini spec cup race series starts at?
HCR Hamish
HCR Hamish

TORA Race Number : 739
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2013-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by DeweyTee Tue 3 Dec 2013 - 16:02

Big Hamish wrote:Hey guys, does anyone know what time (gmt) the mini spec cup race series starts at?
8 pm GMT........
DeweyTee
DeweyTee

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW tubbi Tue 3 Dec 2013 - 16:36

can we have calendar thread please.
I need to know if and when I can race
PLOW tubbi
PLOW tubbi

Number of posts : 1763
Registration date : 2008-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next