TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TORA IndyCar Series Discussion Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORA IndyCar Series Discussion Thread - Page 5 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TORA IndyCar Series Discussion Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA IndyCar Series Discussion Thread - Page 5 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA IndyCar Series Discussion Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA IndyCar Series Discussion Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA IndyCar Series Discussion Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA IndyCar Series Discussion Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA IndyCar Series Discussion Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA IndyCar Series Discussion Thread

+23
EZT Neo 45
WRA Tower
VVV GunDaM
DARK l MATTER
Simply Law
Ax4x Mikey J
Xx VenomTDI xX
DDM Driv3
Zabbzi
eMC Outlaw47
LMR Hybrid
HCR Motorhead
FreshCubanBread
ART Carrera
TechnologicMau5
LMR Deftone MX
WRA JoeVIR
Roders0712
Blaise7024
Ser Tandur
connor7195
Ax4x Bandit
Radiation Louis
27 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

TORA IndyCar Series Discussion Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: TORA IndyCar Series Discussion Thread

Post by WRA Tower Sat 12 Dec 2015 - 16:36

It's useless to put your foot on the brakes if your upside down... Paul Newman. The race last night was an unmitigated disaster because of the extreme lack of patience by all players involved and was utterly embarrassing. Hot laps are for qualifying not racing. When your in a pack at the start or up front and coming around to lap/pass someone you CAN NOT expect the car in front of you to pull off the track and let you by on your whim or try to get around them in a section of the track there's clearly no room to pass and run them off the track. Everybody involved knows there's lightning fast guys up front and as you go down through the field the drivers are slower. THAT'S RACING, but remember the guys at mid pack and in the back are racing too. There was only one passing zone at LimeRock and it was the front stretch. Multiple times I moved off the racing line and still got punted of the track because there really wasn't room to pass but in an attempt to show respect and not be punted of the track I pulled to the side to no avail because the other player didn't want to go a tick slower to prevent contact and make a safe pass. I even purposely just drove straight into the barricade at the the uphill chicane once to try and show a faster player respect that clearly wasn't being returned by other players. I WILL NOT do this ever again. Racing is as much about patience as it is about speed. If your coming around to pass/lap someone you have to exercise patience if your lapping us we will move over at the next available section of track that has room for it. If you decide to be impatient and try a pass when there's clearly not room for it and punt me don't be surprised or upset when I return the favor. I'm not the fastest guy out there but can typically hold my own and I strive to race clean as possible. That's why I prefer to race in these TORA and TURN events with the higher skill level players JUST LIKE YOU instead of public lobbies.

WRA Tower

TORA Race Number : 514
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2015-10-27

Back to top Go down

TORA IndyCar Series Discussion Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: TORA IndyCar Series Discussion Thread

Post by HCR Motorhead Sat 12 Dec 2015 - 17:51

In this case, the track is just a nightmare. I hated it even though I had sporadic inherent pace. I'll collect the poles but was expecting to be shafted in the race, which is what happened. Credit to the survivors and the profiteers, but a lot of things went wrong and it'll be a shame if crashes here were to be the difference between winning and losing titles.

I'm glad to see the back of this track, it was even worse in BTCC on XPLR where I quit out in race 2 of 3 as it was absolute hell.

Sebring sounds good though, and I like the track. It's a shame the wet layout has awful puddle placements otherwise that could have been viable and right up my alley. I held the only #1 that wasn't an oval in an IndyCar there in the wet until it got sniped by some saddo.
HCR Motorhead
HCR Motorhead

TORA Race Number : 4
PC Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2012-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Hybrid Sat 9 Jan 2016 - 2:10

two seasons in a row i lagout of the lead at sebring from 1st place cheers

Last edited by LMR Hybrid on Sat 9 Jan 2016 - 2:49; edited 1 time in total
LMR Hybrid
LMR Hybrid

TORA Race Number : 75
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2012-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiation Louis Sat 9 Jan 2016 - 2:44

Dude that was brutal.... same race even?
Radiation Louis
Radiation Louis

TORA Race Number : 61
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 5111
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Hybrid Sat 9 Jan 2016 - 2:50

Radiation Louis wrote:Dude that was brutal.... same race even?

yh sebring twice lool
LMR Hybrid
LMR Hybrid

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiation Louis Sat 9 Jan 2016 - 2:51

ohhhhhh dude Sad I am so sorry.
Radiation Louis
Radiation Louis

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Hybrid Sat 9 Jan 2016 - 3:11

its all good. triple points remember lol
LMR Hybrid
LMR Hybrid

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiation Louis Sat 9 Jan 2016 - 3:12

10-4!!!
Radiation Louis
Radiation Louis

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by connor7195 Sun 10 Jan 2016 - 12:30

Sorry I left on Friday night (Saturday morning for me). Miles off the pace again and felt there wasn't much point in continuing when I'm half a lap down from the car ahead even when I felt I had a competitive car. Gonna have a serious think whether or not to continue with the series
connor7195
connor7195

TORA Race Number : 390
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 902
Registration date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post by EZT Neo 45 Thu 14 Jan 2016 - 14:14

Did anyone else experience problems with Multiplayer last evening around 9 PM Eastern time?
EZT Neo 45
EZT Neo 45

TORA Race Number : 236
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 1024
Registration date : 2009-07-22

https://eztmotorsport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WhoIsJohn117 Thu 14 Jan 2016 - 14:28

EZT Neo 45 wrote:Did anyone else experience problems with Multiplayer last evening around 9 PM Eastern time?

There was an Xbox Live systemwide connectivity issue for multiplayer around that time.
WhoIsJohn117
WhoIsJohn117

TORA Race Number : 117
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 656
Registration date : 2013-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Hybrid Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 3:39

how many people need to be in the race to get the full 41 points Sad Sad
LMR Hybrid
LMR Hybrid

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by WRA JoeVIR Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 6:15

WRA JoeVIR
WRA JoeVIR

TORA Race Number : 100
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2015-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by EZT Neo 45 Mon 18 Jan 2016 - 14:55

I hope I was not holding up any of the faster guys Friday night. I'm not normally racing in much past the old FM4 S-class cars. So, Friday night was getting way out of my comfort zone.

I'm happy I beat my qualifying time and didn't wreck anyone.

Though I do enjoy racing at Road Atlanta, I am really looking forward to Indy!!
EZT Neo 45
EZT Neo 45

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by WhoIsJohn117 Mon 18 Jan 2016 - 16:33

EZT Neo 45 wrote:I hope I was not holding up any of the faster guys Friday night.  I'm not normally racing in much past the old FM4 S-class cars.  So, Friday night was getting way out of my comfort zone.

I'm happy I beat my qualifying time and didn't wreck anyone.

Though I do enjoy racing at Road Atlanta, I am really looking forward to Indy!!

Right there with you, Neo. My goal was to not ruin someone else's race, and I think I succeeded. There was one point I was getting "blue flagged", and I got a wheel in the grass. Held my breath for a moment, and it all worked out.

Still trying to get the hang of FM5/6. Good racing with you, as always.
WhoIsJohn117
WhoIsJohn117

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Deftone MX Mon 18 Jan 2016 - 16:38

Have to say, it was very sportsman-like of John Galt to not overtake Connor on the last lap when he got wasted by an AI driver. Hats off to you good sir. Cheers
LMR Deftone MX
LMR Deftone MX

TORA Race Number : 275
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3634
Registration date : 2012-06-18

http://teamlmr.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by WhoIsJohn117 Mon 18 Jan 2016 - 16:57

LMR Deftone MX wrote:Have to say, it was very sportsman-like of John Galt to not overtake Connor on the last lap when he got wasted by an AI driver. Hats off to you good sir. Cheers

Thank you for your kind words, but Mr Driv3 is the one who showed that outstanding sportsmanship. I, too, raise a glass to him for that. Cheers
WhoIsJohn117
WhoIsJohn117

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Hybrid Sat 13 Feb 2016 - 3:33

cheers
LMR Hybrid
LMR Hybrid

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by WRA JoeVIR Tue 16 Feb 2016 - 6:34

So exactly how will 500 qualifying be done? Is it all only on friday or will it be throughout next week also?
New to the 500 just curious so i can practice.
WRA JoeVIR
WRA JoeVIR

TORA Race Number : 100
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2015-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiation Louis Tue 16 Feb 2016 - 10:17

Only on friday open from 5pm-10pm
Radiation Louis
Radiation Louis

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by EZT Neo 45 Tue 16 Feb 2016 - 19:58

I'm pretty pumped for this one!  Track is only 10 minutes down the street from where I work.  I drive by it each day on my way to and from work.  It's really cool to hear (and sometimes see) the Indy cars and NASCAR stock cars!  I'll be waiting for the traffic light to change and can hear as the cars head down the front stretch towards turns one and two, then head away down the back straight to three and four (turns one and two are right next to road I travel each day).

Hopefully I'll find some time from work to go watch both Indy and NASCAR guys practicing.
EZT Neo 45
EZT Neo 45

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaise7024 Tue 16 Feb 2016 - 22:58

Due to unforeseen events of leaky pipes and leaky ceiling, I most likely will not be able to qualify for the Indy 500 on Friday. Unless my gaming area gets cleaned up by Friday, I am officially OUT for qualifying and possibly even the 500.

I want to thank whoever gave me their setup to use for CotA (I'm sorry I can't remember whose voice it was, I'm still trying to memorize them all).
Blaise7024
Blaise7024

TORA Race Number : 702
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2015-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiation Louis Tue 16 Feb 2016 - 22:59

Very unfortunate blaise Sad
Radiation Louis
Radiation Louis

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Vice255 Wed 17 Feb 2016 - 0:25

Extremely excited for what might be Friday night. I talked my other IndyCar league owner in moving back the start of his race to 7pm EST so I can get to qualifying on time and then possibly next week as well. After that it'll be rest, lots and lots of rest before my 3 Hour Endurance race in another league at LeMans. 4 races just this week including the PGT! :O

Vice255

TORA Race Number : 24
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2015-12-23

http://v2racingtechnologies.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by EZT Neo 45 Wed 17 Feb 2016 - 14:13

I know the qualifying window is 5 PM to 10 PM. Is that Eastern time?
EZT Neo 45
EZT Neo 45

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next