TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TORA IndyCar Series Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORA IndyCar Series Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TORA IndyCar Series Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA IndyCar Series Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA IndyCar Series Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA IndyCar Series Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA IndyCar Series Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA IndyCar Series Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA IndyCar Series Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA IndyCar Series Discussion Thread

+23
EZT Neo 45
WRA Tower
VVV GunDaM
DARK l MATTER
Simply Law
Ax4x Mikey J
Xx VenomTDI xX
DDM Driv3
Zabbzi
eMC Outlaw47
LMR Hybrid
HCR Motorhead
FreshCubanBread
ART Carrera
TechnologicMau5
LMR Deftone MX
WRA JoeVIR
Roders0712
Blaise7024
Ser Tandur
connor7195
Ax4x Bandit
Radiation Louis
27 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

TORA IndyCar Series Discussion Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: TORA IndyCar Series Discussion Thread

Post by LMR Deftone MX Sun 1 Nov 2015 - 6:21

I will be organizing the evening with assistance from a couple more TORA organizers to help host the lobby so I can spectate for the stream.
LMR Deftone MX
LMR Deftone MX

TORA Race Number : 275
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3634
Registration date : 2012-06-18

http://teamlmr.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

TORA IndyCar Series Discussion Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: TORA IndyCar Series Discussion Thread

Post by DDM Driv3 Sun 1 Nov 2015 - 17:26

I don't want to spark anything up again as it looks like it's all been resolved so I won't argue. Yes it is difficult without a functioning game chat which means we all have to be very aware of what is going on around us. Some real life races have spotters (F1 & Oval) but smaller races and leagues don't have that luxury so the driver has to stay on top of it all. That means you need to be checking around the car and behind you a lot more than you're perhaps used to.

Relating to the restart thing, if you hear an important message like "I've got damage" after a collision on the first lap, relay it. That way, the message gets around and we can make a decision based on what we know rather than no decision based on no evidence.

Those seem to be the main problems that I've picked up both in races and in this thread. This and some other small things pretty much all lead back to this: Game chat. We know it's current functionality is less than helpful but we can find ways around it, to adapt to this situation that has arisen and deal with it properly because as racers, it's what we do best. So keep watch on who is around you and relay any information you feel is important because hearing it 16 times over is better than none at all.
DDM Driv3
DDM Driv3

TORA Race Number : 6
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1597
Registration date : 2014-06-17

https://griptekperformance.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Hybrid Wed 4 Nov 2015 - 4:46

is there dropped rounds for this?
LMR Hybrid
LMR Hybrid

TORA Race Number : 75
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2012-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Simply Law Wed 4 Nov 2015 - 13:39

LMR Hybrid wrote:is there dropped rounds for this?
Yea, theres 3
Simply Law
Simply Law

TORA Race Number : 11
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 588
Registration date : 2012-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Hybrid Thu 5 Nov 2015 - 13:17

TLR Madara wrote:
Yea, theres 3

so if you miss the triple points oval im guessing that counts as 3 dropped rounds?

No the indy 500 is not a drop round all road courses can be though as they are all single events (maning no tripple points) origionaly it was going to be 2 dropped rounds but with limerock being a double header night with two races it would be a bad deal for those who cant make that night and instantly miss 2 rounds of points.
LMR Hybrid
LMR Hybrid

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Simply Law Thu 5 Nov 2015 - 13:45

LMR Hybrid wrote:
TLR Madara wrote:
Yea, theres 3

so if you miss the triple points oval im guessing that counts as 3 dropped rounds?
In theory that would make sense but you really never know
Simply Law
Simply Law

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiation Louis Thu 5 Nov 2015 - 21:18

You cannot use the 500 as a drop
Radiation Louis
Radiation Louis

TORA Race Number : 61
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 5111
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Xx VenomTDI xX Fri 6 Nov 2015 - 23:16

Lol the oval is triple points....SMH. Get ready to see a ton loads of Montoyas. This must be rigged for the people at the top of the points sheet to get screwed over on the last race which is an Oval lol

Xx VenomTDI xX

TORA Race Number : 484
Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2012-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaise7024 Fri 6 Nov 2015 - 23:51

I watched over the past broadcast and noticed my car did not appear with my blue Pepsi scheme, it appeared instead as the Target Ganassi car on the stream. After tonight if it does not show up in the lobby, let me know. I'm not sure if importing my logos from FM5 has anything to do with this. Also I don't know if I need to recreate the TORAus logo in order for the paint scheme to show up.
Let me know after tonight if you have any suggestions. Thanks!
Blaise7024
Blaise7024

TORA Race Number : 702
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2015-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Deftone MX Fri 6 Nov 2015 - 23:57

Will keep an eye out to see Smile
LMR Deftone MX
LMR Deftone MX

TORA Race Number : 275
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3634
Registration date : 2012-06-18

http://teamlmr.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ART Carrera Sat 7 Nov 2015 - 2:24

Sorry for a few hosting errors on my part, I jumped in last minute after studying and doing homework all day. In other news, I didn't do any practice this week so I went into the race blindly and didn't know the pit window. I ran out of fuel Rolling Eyes
ART Carrera
ART Carrera

TORA Race Number : 175
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1559
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post by WRA JoeVIR Sat 7 Nov 2015 - 2:31

LMR Minardi wrote:Sorry for a few hosting errors on my part, I jumped in last minute after studying and doing homework all day. In other news, I didn't do any practice this week so I went into the race blindly and didn't know the pit window. I ran out of fuel Rolling Eyes
You did fine hosting in place of Louis. Everyone has there days hopefully better luck next time.
WRA JoeVIR
WRA JoeVIR

TORA Race Number : 100
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2015-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by ART Carrera Sat 7 Nov 2015 - 2:45

WRA JoeVIR wrote:
LMR Minardi wrote:Sorry for a few hosting errors on my part, I jumped in last minute after studying and doing homework all day. In other news, I didn't do any practice this week so I went into the race blindly and didn't know the pit window. I ran out of fuel Rolling Eyes
You did fine hosting in place of Louis. Everyone has there days hopefully better luck next time.
Thanks mate ! our battle was good while it lasted Very Happy
ART Carrera
ART Carrera

TORA Race Number : 175
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1559
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaise7024 Sat 7 Nov 2015 - 2:52

Great race! Outlaw and I had a great battle for the longest time. It was a real shame an AI braked in front of me on front straight with a lap to go. Unfortunately, I fell from 11th to 14th due to my car's extensive damage. I enjoyed the battle while it lasted! Still a great fun race. Can't wait to see what the real INDYCAR will be like next year at Road America!
Blaise7024
Blaise7024

TORA Race Number : 702
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2015-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by WRA JoeVIR Sat 7 Nov 2015 - 3:02

LMR Minardi wrote:
WRA JoeVIR wrote:
Thanks mate ! our battle was good while it lasted Very Happy

Yeah totally great battling. When i pitted and saw you going around again i thought damn he must have been in conservation mode.

Also Jmcfad great battling those last 7 or 8 laps i thought you were gonna get me on the last one until the sweeper. What happened did you get loose or did that lap car impede you?
WRA JoeVIR
WRA JoeVIR

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Motorhead Sat 7 Nov 2015 - 13:14

Pole was a bit of a fluke but it felt good to be at the front battling the dog's bollox drivers that I normally am in the chase group behind!

Overtaking was very difficult here, so whilst I only made 2 mistakes (1 strategy/1 balls up) it cost me 2 places. Next race will be good though!
HCR Motorhead
HCR Motorhead

TORA Race Number : 4
PC Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2012-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by DARK l MATTER Sat 7 Nov 2015 - 14:16

WRA JoeVIR wrote:
Also Jmcfad great battling those last 7 or 8 laps i thought you were gonna get me on the last one until the sweeper. What happened did you get loose or did that lap car impede you?

Yeah Joe, good battle there. Any time I would catch you by the carousel, I would lose ground. I was running out of time and knew I had to try and stay closer in the carousel to have a shot at overtaking at another part of the track. That, combined with the double-aero wash with you and the lapped traffic, and I was in the grass. Sad Oh well, I had to try something!
DARK l MATTER
DARK l MATTER

TORA Race Number : 500
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2014-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by WRA JoeVIR Sat 7 Nov 2015 - 15:38

TLR Jmcfad wrote:
WRA JoeVIR wrote:

Yeah Joe, good battle there.  Any time I would catch you by the carousel, I would lose ground.  I was running out of time and knew I had to try and stay closer in the carousel to have a shot at overtaking at another part of the track.  That, combined with the double-aero wash with you and the lapped traffic, and I was in the grass.  Sad   Oh well, I had to try something!
Still great race all around.
WRA JoeVIR
WRA JoeVIR

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Simply Law Sun 8 Nov 2015 - 15:08

Xx VenomTDI xX wrote:Lol the oval is triple points....SMH. Get ready to see a ton loads of Montoyas. This must be rigged for the people at the top of the points sheet to get screwed over on the last race which is an Oval lol
I'm glad to know that more people than just me feel this way
Simply Law
Simply Law

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Hybrid Sun 8 Nov 2015 - 15:39

TLR Madara wrote:
Xx VenomTDI xX wrote:Lol the oval is triple points....SMH. Get ready to see a ton loads of Montoyas. This must be rigged for the people at the top of the points sheet to get screwed over on the last race which is an Oval lol

yup. but i guess we can be thankful there is only one oval on the calendar
LMR Hybrid
LMR Hybrid

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Simply Law Mon 9 Nov 2015 - 2:38

LMR Hybrid wrote:
TLR Madara wrote:

yup. but i guess we can be thankful there is only one oval on the calendar
Maybe we should take a vote on if it should be a drop round
Simply Law
Simply Law

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by DDM Driv3 Mon 9 Nov 2015 - 10:09

It has already been stated that the Indy 500 cannot and will not be used as a drop round.
DDM Driv3
DDM Driv3

TORA Race Number : 6
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1597
Registration date : 2014-06-17

https://griptekperformance.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Hybrid Fri 13 Nov 2015 - 17:36

which indy layout we doing
LMR Hybrid
LMR Hybrid

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by WRA JoeVIR Fri 13 Nov 2015 - 17:43

LMR Hybrid wrote:which indy layout we doing
regular GP layout
WRA JoeVIR
WRA JoeVIR

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiation Louis Fri 13 Nov 2015 - 17:45

The newest layout... Not sure what its called in game
Radiation Louis
Radiation Louis

TORA Race Number : 61
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 5111
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next