TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TORA IndyCar Series Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORA IndyCar Series Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TORA IndyCar Series Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA IndyCar Series Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA IndyCar Series Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA IndyCar Series Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA IndyCar Series Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA IndyCar Series Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA IndyCar Series Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA IndyCar Series Discussion Thread

+23
EZT Neo 45
WRA Tower
VVV GunDaM
DARK l MATTER
Simply Law
Ax4x Mikey J
Xx VenomTDI xX
DDM Driv3
Zabbzi
eMC Outlaw47
LMR Hybrid
HCR Motorhead
FreshCubanBread
ART Carrera
TechnologicMau5
LMR Deftone MX
WRA JoeVIR
Roders0712
Blaise7024
Ser Tandur
connor7195
Ax4x Bandit
Radiation Louis
27 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

TORA IndyCar Series Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: TORA IndyCar Series Discussion Thread

Post by HCR Motorhead Sat 24 Oct 2015 - 3:04

That was a crazy race, I could have been right up there, but I could have been 6th too, such was the extent of leaders hitting trouble :/

I think we all need to be more vocal perhaps.
HCR Motorhead
HCR Motorhead

TORA Race Number : 4
PC Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2012-09-07

Back to top Go down

TORA IndyCar Series Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: TORA IndyCar Series Discussion Thread

Post by Zabbzi Sat 24 Oct 2015 - 3:34

Was fun watching you guys on Twitch. Sorry for whoever ran out of gas on that last lap! I might make a livery and maybe run in one of the later races myself once I get a feel for racing here in Tora.
Zabbzi
Zabbzi

TORA Race Number : 637
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2015-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Deftone MX Sat 24 Oct 2015 - 3:54

Thanks for watching! Smile
LMR Deftone MX
LMR Deftone MX

TORA Race Number : 275
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3634
Registration date : 2012-06-18

http://teamlmr.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by FreshCubanBread Sat 24 Oct 2015 - 16:58

HCR Motorhead wrote:That was a crazy race, I could have been right up there, but I could have been 6th too, such was the extent of leaders hitting trouble :/

I think we all need to be more vocal perhaps.

Or listen better
FreshCubanBread
FreshCubanBread

TORA Race Number : 48
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2012-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by TechnologicMau5 Sat 24 Oct 2015 - 23:29

I can't speak for others, but I know I could only hear about 2/3 of everyone speaking.
TechnologicMau5
TechnologicMau5

TORA Race Number : 30
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 938
Registration date : 2014-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Motorhead Sat 31 Oct 2015 - 0:08

Crap, I missed the start of Quali today, can I start from the back?
HCR Motorhead
HCR Motorhead

Back to top Go down

Post by DDM Driv3 Sat 31 Oct 2015 - 0:15

yeah same here. Missed qualy because I am a moron and woke up too late for it. May I also start from the back please?
DDM Driv3
DDM Driv3

TORA Race Number : 6
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1597
Registration date : 2014-06-17

https://griptekperformance.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by WRA JoeVIR Sat 31 Oct 2015 - 1:55

I would only like to suggest that from now on can everyone take it a bit easier on the start since game chat is allowing only half the lobby to hear each other because I got run over in turn one and Zeta also had damage and there was no restart. But otherwise the race was fantastic.
WRA JoeVIR
WRA JoeVIR

TORA Race Number : 100
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2015-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Hybrid Sat 31 Oct 2015 - 2:12

WRA JoeVIR wrote:I would only like to suggest that from now on can everyone take it a bit easier on the start since game chat is allowing only half the lobby to hear each other because I got run over in turn one and Zeta also had damage and there was no restart. But otherwise the race was fantastic.

HA GOTEMM
LMR Hybrid
LMR Hybrid

TORA Race Number : 75
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2012-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Xx VenomTDI xX Sat 31 Oct 2015 - 2:18

^^says the one who dive bombed and took someone out.......

Last edited by Xx VenomTDI xX on Sat 31 Oct 2015 - 2:22; edited 1 time in total

Xx VenomTDI xX

TORA Race Number : 484
Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2012-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Motorhead Sat 31 Oct 2015 - 2:19

I can't be too critical of my run, kept it clean which is how I profited as much as I did, couldn't make a 2 stop work but had some good battles, who says you can't overtake at Sonoma? Smile
HCR Motorhead
HCR Motorhead

Back to top Go down

Post by WRA JoeVIR Sat 31 Oct 2015 - 2:58

WRA JoeVIR wrote:I would only like to suggest that from now on can everyone take it a bit easier on the start since game chat is allowing only half the lobby to hear each other because I got run over in turn one and Zeta also had damage and there was no restart. But otherwise the race was fantastic.
After watching the stream replay I will have to apologize for the quote of being ran over the wreck was my fault I didn't see Louis til the last second heading into one and when i moved over to give some room the sim steering caught me and i broke traction and hit one of the LMR guys. My apologies to whoever i hit. But still we as a collective whole need to be more vocal during the races.
WRA JoeVIR
WRA JoeVIR

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Deftone MX Sat 31 Oct 2015 - 3:28

I think that can be chalked up to the fact game chat is virtually broken. For the most part, nobody can hear more than 4 or 5 people, and not many can hear you.
LMR Deftone MX
LMR Deftone MX

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by WRA JoeVIR Sat 31 Oct 2015 - 3:34

LMR Deftone MX wrote:I think that can be chalked up to the fact game chat is virtually broken. For the most part, nobody can hear more than 4 or 5 people, and not many can hear you.
All of us at TORA should start demanding that Forza fix the game chat because with an organization like this they should listen to our complaints.
WRA JoeVIR
WRA JoeVIR

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Deftone MX Sat 31 Oct 2015 - 3:47

The TORA president has been relaying the issues we are facing to his connections. Fingers crossed that they take it seriously and fix it, cause I agree it is ridiculous to not have a functioning game chat.
LMR Deftone MX
LMR Deftone MX

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Sat 31 Oct 2015 - 6:30

Not to sound too much of a (buttocks) but in real life, the drivers do not have in race communications with each other. Until the lobby chat gets patched, would it be too much to ask everyone to be more aware of their mirrors?
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Zabbzi Sat 31 Oct 2015 - 17:32

Well hopefully we hear good news with the November update this Tuesday.
Zabbzi
Zabbzi

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Deftone MX Sat 31 Oct 2015 - 18:31

Zabbzi wrote:Well hopefully we hear good news with the November update this Tuesday.

Yeah fingers crossed
LMR Deftone MX
LMR Deftone MX

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Motorhead Sat 31 Oct 2015 - 18:46

Even without comms, the HUD is so good to know what's going on. You can use the distance +/- to know how you stand between drivers, and the map to know where they are. And then if you're getting close to someone or someone's getting behind you and it's not someone you're immediately battling for position with, then you know it's for a lap.

The best racers not only can drive a car as fast as possible, but know what's going on and are totally aware and are able to calculate things as they're racing.
HCR Motorhead
HCR Motorhead

Back to top Go down

Post by WRA JoeVIR Sat 31 Oct 2015 - 18:49

Flyin Mikey J wrote:Not to sound too much of a (buttocks) but in real life, the drivers do not have in race communications with each other. Until the lobby chat gets patched, would it be too much to ask everyone to be more aware of their mirrors?
Yeah they may not communicate with each other but all the drivers have a spotter.
WRA JoeVIR
WRA JoeVIR

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Hybrid Sat 31 Oct 2015 - 20:29

WRA JoeVIR wrote:
Flyin Mikey J wrote:Not to sound too much of a (buttocks) but in real life, the drivers do not have in race communications with each other. Until the lobby chat gets patched, would it be too much to ask everyone to be more aware of their mirrors?
Yeah they may not communicate with each other but all the drivers have a spotter.

no they dont. dont use oval racing as example when trying to argue a point
LMR Hybrid
LMR Hybrid

TORA Race Number : 75
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2012-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by WRA JoeVIR Sat 31 Oct 2015 - 21:28

LMR Hybrid wrote:
WRA JoeVIR wrote:

no they don't. don't use oval racing as example when trying to argue a point
Oval racing is called racing just like road racing is racing. Plus this is a game we're not professionals so communication is needed when there is close racing especially with lap down cars.
WRA JoeVIR
WRA JoeVIR

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Zabbzi Sat 31 Oct 2015 - 21:51

The thing I don't like about the Distance meter is it only shows positions and not everyone. For example its harder to tell when the leaders are coming up on you when nobody relays that. I don't remember who but I heard someone say they accidentally gave up a spot believing it was the leaders.
Zabbzi
Zabbzi

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Deftone MX Sat 31 Oct 2015 - 21:55

In addition to what Motorhead said, Im also going to suggest using the right stick to look around the car. I drive in the cockpit, but always know what's going on around me. If you use chase cam, this method is even more effective.
LMR Deftone MX
LMR Deftone MX

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by WRA JoeVIR Sun 1 Nov 2015 - 5:46

Who should we be expecting to get an invite from for the Road America race since Louis will not be running with us?
Deftone?
TORA 2016?
WRA JoeVIR
WRA JoeVIR

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next