TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion

+96
CCX Freebie
ScoobyDoobieDoo
GTR Mike V
HCR Karma
Schuey75
Koenigsegg R
Garmac0r
HCR Motorhead
HLR Warrior
ViirusAnimal
TfR JohnG
RBHMScarhand
TFR Magic
DanaeJulTeam
S1lentRaven.
SVR Yamagura
TITAN TAYL0R
The Posimosh
BalmierPie671
neilracing07
RW26 BLAZE
Jake Sanson
LMR Deftone MX
I Ray P Dave I
XPR Roadrunner
totlxtc
SFM Benedict
ATR DAN
F4H Button
LMP Dragon
Simon 0ne
Racing Dk
el gigant
LMR BlackHawk
F4H Bullet
TfRsmokinmasta
Standaman94
skyshadow5
HandheldBee9
Adder 020
HCR Bellmond
Beanz
LMR Hydro
Hailfire97x
CQR Vapor
SorrySmithy
CQR Champion
xVampirAx
Hainesy
AdamWatson99
Slider S15
IRT YT RICE
F4H Lotterer
Amarth
CQR Aero
Texaspotatolord
CQR Deuce
Morne in Glory
LMP Phantom
v Hurricane v
DeweyTee
CQR Jono
Turbo Power 77
LMR Zakspeed
LMR DarthMario
CQR NEON
Ax4x Bandit
XPR Moontower
LastNewtStandin
HCR ChicaiN
Greenfly750
Matt
Ax4x Cowboy
BG Wingnut396
Demo Marksman
Ax4x Chaddy
Biggsy tv
Richy59
Ax4x Mikey J
Duke of Bruno
S2M Ranger
MT2 Levin
RumbleBee 392
TG Wormburner
PLOW tubbi
F4H Stingray
CQR Myles
JOSHSIGGY
Windcharger8199
theboomeranga
BG Wumba
Ax4x Kane
TLR Scrublord
CQR Rogue
CQR HABURi
JAMIE ANDERS0N
100 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion

Post by S2M Ranger Wed 14 Aug 2013 - 12:43

PLOW tubbi wrote:I liked the Travis Perkins paint, slightly understated but stylish, worthy of Gok.
Think I will have to get it painted and posted up just in case somebody else has the same idea bud, if not will made it into a scalextric livery.
S2M Ranger
S2M Ranger

TORA Race Number : 909
Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion

Post by CQR Myles Wed 14 Aug 2013 - 12:52

A lot of BMW's being taken
CQR Myles
CQR Myles

TORA Race Number : 226
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1274
Registration date : 2013-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Wed 14 Aug 2013 - 13:07

Looks like it'll be Honda vs BMW Razz

M&M Racing looking for a 3rd driver for the Kia Forte Koup SX. If interested PM me.

MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 3 8453474578_505dae2508_z
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggsy tv Wed 14 Aug 2013 - 13:10

Just for the info about my BMW choice:

1. I like BMW's (I own one)
2. I have done no testing and even if I had, I doubt it would be an accurate representation of it being a "strong car"

Not sure why others have chosen it though, maybe I struck it lucky?
Biggsy tv
Biggsy tv

TORA Race Number : 441
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 7494
Registration date : 2009-05-23

http://www.twitch.tv/Biggsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Aug 2013 - 13:11

Richy59 wrote:Looks like it'll be Honda vs BMW Razz
Ahh the poor Megane, everyone wanted it last season and no-one's picked it yet lol. RIP Megane

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Wed 14 Aug 2013 - 13:12

The BMW is very quick even untuned its quicker than cars Ive tuned.
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Myles Wed 14 Aug 2013 - 13:37

It's insanly powerful, has so much torque
CQR Myles
CQR Myles

TORA Race Number : 226
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1274

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Wed 14 Aug 2013 - 13:50

Richy59 wrote:Looks like it'll be Honda vs BMW
I have a huge problem with that, surely a touring car championship should have all different cars that are evenly matched fighting it out not just a select few. Id have liked the car caps to have stayed and to have put the car list out and then waited a week to let the sign ups open.
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Aug 2013 - 13:52

Think you're WAY jumping the gun on that one... Wait until we see the qualifying times at Silverstone National, not everyone's been posting their laptimes yet...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Aug 2013 - 14:08

BMW is no quicker than any other car, look at last series, several rounds had only ONE maybe two RWD cars if any in either A or B lobby, and it was 1M's that were in the top spot's amongst RWD.

I just can't drive FWD to save my life! and would go for the Vauxhall Insignia like we planned last time, but because of the standard box on it, can't get it too competitive compared to the top guys on here.

Either way its a bit of fun, should enjoy it no matter how it turns out Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Wed 14 Aug 2013 - 14:10

Im not saying that its not going to be close, what im saying is I want to see more makes of car but not having car caps have ruined that. I remember the last few seasons of doing this there was tons of exictment on the night the TCC sign ups opened and you had tested lots of cars and hoped to get what you wanted and we had to draw up back up plans incase we never got what we wanted.

Look at last night, Ive NEVER seen a sign up to a championship be so boring, we are going to have this on Motors TV there should have been LOADS of buzz around this great championship.
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Wed 14 Aug 2013 - 14:14

Chaddy that's utterly ridiculous its down to the competitor entering the series what car they run, not the organisers! make the rules they shall race not make the rules race and run this car only because you forgot to sign up!

We like the open choice and car caps IMO and many others will not return!

Maybe spread the word to the forza community the best tin top series is kicking off Tuesdays once more may see more sign ups etc
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Aug 2013 - 14:14

VAMR Wilson wrote:Im not saying that its not going to be close, what im saying is I want to see more makes of car but not having car caps have ruined that. I remember the last few seasons of doing this there was tons of exictment on the night the TCC sign ups opened and you had tested lots of cars and hoped to get what you wanted and we had to draw up back up plans incase we never got what we wanted.

Look at last night, Ive NEVER seen a sign up to a championship be so boring, we are going to have this on Motors TV there should have been LOADS of buzz around this great championship.
Yes but to be fair, last season with the car caps we had people taking slots and not even showing up for any races.

Can't satisfy everyone mate, all the cars are balanced as much as possible, will just mean those who drive the less popular cars, should feel proud the higher they get. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Aug 2013 - 14:18

Agreed Warspite, a handful of entries and laptimes is no basis for judging car balance - a 30 round championship that went down to the wire between 4 different makes of cars is proof of car parity. I think it's fantastic that we can even contemplate a Honda v BMW battle, that alone shows the FWD v RWD balance is working for people as drivers naturally favour one drivetrain over another, which makes it incredibly hard to balance. I agree, the Insignia is a beast of a car BTW (just needed a better gearbox), I haven't tried it myself at the new 578 PI, but is it not possible to get a better box in now or does that need 580?

VAMR Wilson wrote:I'm not saying that its not going to be close, what im saying is I want to see more makes of car but not having car caps have ruined that. I remember the last few seasons of doing this there was tons of exictment on the night the TCC sign ups opened and you had tested lots of cars and hoped to get what you wanted and we had to draw up back up plans incase we never got what we wanted.

There was no buzz because no-one (except for staff) knew it was opening last night - normally the sign-up date/time is announced ahead of schedule and people have the cars and team line-ups sorted and ready to enter as soon as sign ups open. Last night caught CQR completely by surprise, and I'm sure it's the same for all the other teams too - it will take a few days for people to agree on cars and teams, who knows they may even be testing the cars out to see what they're capable of before jumping to conclusions about what the 'best' car is. In Season 7, some people constantly whined about CQR's Megane's being too quick - it's still as quick in S8 and can easily keep up with the BMW and Honda (and many other cars), but no one's chosen it (yet). People have picked the cars they want to drive and they feel they'll be competitive in, does it really matter if there's 5, 10 or 15 different models, it's the racing that's important.

Back to top Go down

Post by Demo Marksman Wed 14 Aug 2013 - 14:34

CQR MAGiC wrote:Agreed Warspite, a handful of entries and laptimes is no basis for judging car balance - a 30 round championship that went down to the wire between 4 different makes of cars is proof of car parity. I think it's fantastic that we can even contemplate a Honda v BMW battle, that alone shows the FWD v RWD balance is working for people as drivers naturally favour one drivetrain over another, which makes it incredibly hard to balance. I agree, the Insignia is a beast of a car BTW (just needed a better gearbox), I haven't tried it myself at the new 578 PI, but is it not possible to get a better box in now or does that need 580?

VAMR Wilson wrote:I'm not saying that its not going to be close, what im saying is I want to see more makes of car but not having car caps have ruined that. I remember the last few seasons of doing this there was tons of exictment on the night the TCC sign ups opened and you had tested lots of cars and hoped to get what you wanted and we had to draw up back up plans incase we never got what we wanted.

There was no buzz because no-one (except for staff) knew it was opening last night - normally the sign-up date/time is announced ahead of schedule and people have the cars and team line-ups sorted and ready to enter as soon as sign ups open. Last night caught CQR completely by surprise, and I'm sure it's the same for all the other teams too - it will take a few days for people to agree on cars and teams, who knows they may even be testing the cars out to see what they're capable of before jumping to conclusions about what the 'best' car is. In Season 7, some people constantly whined about CQR's Megane's being too quick - it's still as quick in S8 and can easily keep up with the BMW and Honda (and many other cars), but no one's chosen it (yet). People have picked the cars they want to drive and they feel they'll be competitive in, does it really matter if there's 5, 10 or 15 different models, it's the racing that's important.
This. We'll get better racing if people can drive the cars they want and feel comfortable with and not have to settle for something else.
Demo Marksman
Demo Marksman

TORA Race Number : 364
Number of posts : 198

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Aug 2013 - 14:40

The majority of people are going with what they feel comfortable in and actually do like driving as well as also being the same car's they enjoy supporting in real life series, I for one am one of those people, I can trust the car to handle, I love the look of the Coupe, and it's one (agreed not the same model) I watch in real life series Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by BG Wumba Wed 14 Aug 2013 - 15:10

I actually drove the BMW and the Megane last season, and in no way is the BMW overpowered or suddenly become quick, I won't be running in either of them cars (Or the Sentra) because i've driven them before and want a change.

Last edited by BG Wumba on Wed 14 Aug 2013 - 15:54; edited 1 time in total
BG Wumba
BG Wumba

TORA Race Number : 43
Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR HABURi Wed 14 Aug 2013 - 15:15

You'd need your head examined if you went for the Sentra tbh. Razz 
CQR HABURi
CQR HABURi

TORA Race Number : 618
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 839
Registration date : 2012-02-11

http://www.cqrclub.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Aug 2013 - 15:16

CQR HABURi wrote:You'd need your head examined if you went for the Sentra tbh. Razz 
lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Aug 2013 - 15:17

Sentra would be awesome if Sedona 1-mile drag strip was on the calendar Hilarious 

Back to top Go down

Post by BG Wingnut396 Wed 14 Aug 2013 - 16:19

Damn and was thinking the sentra might just make the grade then found it better upside down and use as a skip
BG Wingnut396
BG Wingnut396

TORA Race Number : 148
Number of posts : 1851
Registration date : 2013-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Stingray Wed 14 Aug 2013 - 16:45

NATCC answer
F4H Stingray
F4H Stingray

TORA Race Number : 28
Xbox 360 Xbox 360

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2012-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggsy tv Wed 14 Aug 2013 - 16:52

At this early stage it would be impossible to say car A or B is dominant. When Richy said BMW vs Honda, I would think he's referring to just car choices, and not which cars might be dominant. If Honda and BMWs are popular, so be it.
Biggsy tv
Biggsy tv

TORA Race Number : 441
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 7494
Registration date : 2009-05-23

http://www.twitch.tv/Biggsy

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Stingray Wed 14 Aug 2013 - 17:06

seat is gona be car as well megane is still dominant. wow are my posts being ignored whats the deal with natcc.
F4H Stingray
F4H Stingray

TORA Race Number : 28
Xbox 360 Xbox 360

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2012-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Wed 14 Aug 2013 - 17:11

NATCC may return, sure Mark said it would be will confirm.
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next