TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 21 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 21 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 21 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 21 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 21 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 21 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 21 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 21 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 21 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion

+96
CCX Freebie
ScoobyDoobieDoo
GTR Mike V
HCR Karma
Schuey75
Koenigsegg R
Garmac0r
HCR Motorhead
HLR Warrior
ViirusAnimal
TfR JohnG
RBHMScarhand
TFR Magic
DanaeJulTeam
S1lentRaven.
SVR Yamagura
TITAN TAYL0R
The Posimosh
BalmierPie671
neilracing07
RW26 BLAZE
Jake Sanson
LMR Deftone MX
I Ray P Dave I
XPR Roadrunner
totlxtc
SFM Benedict
ATR DAN
F4H Button
LMP Dragon
Simon 0ne
Racing Dk
el gigant
LMR BlackHawk
F4H Bullet
TfRsmokinmasta
Standaman94
skyshadow5
HandheldBee9
Adder 020
HCR Bellmond
Beanz
LMR Hydro
Hailfire97x
CQR Vapor
SorrySmithy
CQR Champion
xVampirAx
Hainesy
AdamWatson99
Slider S15
IRT YT RICE
F4H Lotterer
Amarth
CQR Aero
Texaspotatolord
CQR Deuce
Morne in Glory
LMP Phantom
v Hurricane v
DeweyTee
CQR Jono
Turbo Power 77
LMR Zakspeed
LMR DarthMario
CQR NEON
Ax4x Bandit
XPR Moontower
LastNewtStandin
HCR ChicaiN
Greenfly750
Matt
Ax4x Cowboy
BG Wingnut396
Demo Marksman
Ax4x Chaddy
Biggsy tv
Richy59
Ax4x Mikey J
Duke of Bruno
S2M Ranger
MT2 Levin
RumbleBee 392
TG Wormburner
PLOW tubbi
F4H Stingray
CQR Myles
JOSHSIGGY
Windcharger8199
theboomeranga
BG Wumba
Ax4x Kane
TLR Scrublord
CQR Rogue
CQR HABURi
JAMIE ANDERS0N
100 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 21 Empty Re: MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion

Post by Standaman94 Fri 13 Sep 2013 - 12:28

Ok, we will put this to a public poll. I will clearly state the pros and cons of each so we can get a fair answer.
Standaman94
Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7383
Registration date : 2010-07-14

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 21 Empty Re: MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion

Post by Guest Fri 13 Sep 2013 - 12:35

I can see both points of view, but obviously I'm biased (as a hopeful regular A lobby runner) - ultimately I have to agree with Amarth and Duncan on this one - the TV coverage should show the 'story of the championship', not just a hotch-potch of random races for the sake of giving everyone fair chance to be on TV. The TORA GT coverage started with race one of E lobby, it was a good race, but it was pretty much a standalone, it had no connection to the rest of the championship, the drivers fighting for the title etc.

To S2M Ranger's points, - we (as in the drivers in the championship) are not really the target market of the product (the TV broadcast on European-wide TV) - it's more casual gamers, people who've never done sim-racing and general motorsport fans. Over 10,000 people watched some of the rounds on Motors TV last time, so it's only right to show them the 'best' of the racing TORA has to offer. To me that means showing 'the championship' - people watching want to follow what happens to those drivers throughout the season and showing too many different lobbies will be confusing. Remember that we understand how how lobby system works, that we run 7 or 8 races simultaneously as part of 1 larger race - that's hard for someone not competing or a general motorsport fan to comprehend (I've struggled to explain it to non-racing friends). When someone 'wins' the C lobby, they've actually finished 29th overall - and I don't mean that disparagingly, the fact is that that is a 'race within a race'.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating that all 18 races are A lobby - sometimes an A lobby race can be dull as everyone has their tunes and lines perfected leading to less action, but I do think the priority should be to show more of the racing from say the top three lobbies (A, B, C). Showing a wider audience what we do with sim racing is more than just showing a standalone good race - it's that championship battle, the drivers, the teams, the story as it develops. The Volvo was a huge surprise to everyone at Silverstone National; and the reigning Champion just scraping into A lobby by 0.07s, these are the stories that develop and provide intrigue in a championship. A battle for 78th place in G lobby made be entertaining in itself, but with the time and effort it takes to produce the coverage (capturing, editing, titling, commentary), it would seem a better use of resources to showcase battles that will ultimately decide the fate of the championship.

Last edited by CQR MAGiC on Fri 13 Sep 2013 - 12:36; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by S2M Ranger Fri 13 Sep 2013 - 12:36

Standaman94 wrote:Ok, we will put this to a public poll. I will clearly state the pros and cons of each so we can get a fair answer.
+1
S2M Ranger
S2M Ranger

TORA Race Number : 909
Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Hainesy Fri 13 Sep 2013 - 14:19

TG Wormburner wrote:
BG Hainesy wrote:Agree with Amarth really
On what?

LOL Razz 
LOL, just saw the avatar and assumed. Edited my original post Embarassed Embarassed
Hainesy
Hainesy

TORA Race Number : 446
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1618
Registration date : 2012-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Hainesy Fri 13 Sep 2013 - 14:26

Kilroy8 wrote:So. It seems the A lobby drivers want A lobby broadcast, and lower lobby drivers want the other lobbies broadcast. Figures Rolling Eyes
Not guilty, I won't get near A Lobby in TCC, but that's where the battle for the title will be at. For the random Motors TV viewer (and apparently there are a lot going by the GT season being in the most viewed top 10 on Motors TV) it makes it far easier to follow the championship.
Hainesy
Hainesy

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by BG Wumba Fri 13 Sep 2013 - 14:27

I'm studying broadcast journalism and I agree with most points Mark makes, such as showing all of the GT races from last season in A lobby, maybe that would have garnered more interest in a continued viewer watch, as well as more views on youtube.
Take Iracing for example, we know they can get a lot more cars onto the track because it is a PC game etc, but they only show their best drivers competing against one another, and that makes viewers who might want to get involved think 'hmmmm this seems like a challenge, I might find out if i'm good enough to compete with these guys'.
BG Wumba
BG Wumba

TORA Race Number : 43
Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Sep 2013 - 14:40

I think they way I have it my head is, with option 1C, if there's a dull period in the A lobby race, the commentator can say.. "using our virtual technology, lets take a look at the battle for 29th place in C lobby" and then show a bit of action from that, and then resume the action in the A lobby. A bit like say in F1, you follow the battle for the lead for a while, then it gets a bit dull and you see the Force India and Williams battle for a lap or two, and then resume the 'championship' battle again. That way, it feels less disjointed than showing a completely different race, those 'lower lobbies' are part of the same race, just racing virtually - which is actually what we do, it's how you convey that on TV that's the tricky part, which is why I like option 1C.

Back to top Go down

Post by DeweyTee Fri 13 Sep 2013 - 14:57

CQR MAGiC wrote:I think they way I have it my head is, with option 1C, if there's a dull period in the A lobby race, the commentator can say.. "using our virtual technology, lets take a look at the battle for 29th place in C lobby" and then show a bit of action from that, and then resume the action in the A lobby. A bit like say in F1, you follow the battle for the lead for a while, then it gets a bit dull and you see the Force India and Williams battle for a lap or two, and then resume the 'championship' battle again. That way, it feels less disjointed than showing a completely different race, those 'lower lobbies' are part of the same race, just racing virtually - which is actually what we do, it's how you convey that on TV that's the tricky part, which is why I like option 1C.
I like your idea Magic.
DeweyTee
DeweyTee

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2011-12-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Fri 13 Sep 2013 - 15:00

I like the idea of 1C, my only issue with it is that it will make things a bit harder to edit, which is why I prefer 1A or C.
Standaman94
Standaman94

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Sep 2013 - 15:10

You can do it Stan, your videos are awesome! This is kinda new for motorsport broadcasting really, pushing back the boundaries of what's possible - real world series only have 1 limited lobby of cars to feature, TORA has virtual technology that allows us to see the other cars racing lower down the order too, beat that Sky F1 and FOM TV Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Fri 13 Sep 2013 - 15:14

Well, I know it's possible Razz It's just time and effort, really. We're lucky we've got a huge window before it's aired, compared to GT where we literally had a week. I'm trying to streamline all the processes so that it makes things a lot easier (on my end at least)
Standaman94
Standaman94

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Sep 2013 - 15:15

I still don't know how you all turned around the GT coverage on a weekly basis, must've been really hard with that being a weekly championship!

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Zakspeed Mon 16 Sep 2013 - 17:54

For the staff -

Would it be against regulations if we were to run the same paint just with a different Primary Colour?

I.E
MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 21 GetPhoto

MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 21 GetPhoto
LMR Zakspeed
LMR Zakspeed

TORA Race Number : 62
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 853
Registration date : 2012-07-19

http://teamlmr.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Mon 16 Sep 2013 - 18:21

That is fine
JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

TORA Race Number : 76
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6805
Registration date : 2008-10-19

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Zakspeed Mon 16 Sep 2013 - 19:16

Thank you
LMR Zakspeed
LMR Zakspeed

TORA Race Number : 62
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 853
Registration date : 2012-07-19

http://teamlmr.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RW26 BLAZE Mon 16 Sep 2013 - 22:00

seems someone been playin too much forza online.......I saw this on Autosport http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/109901
RW26 BLAZE
RW26 BLAZE

TORA Race Number : 515
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2012-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by RumbleBee 392 Mon 16 Sep 2013 - 22:55

Why is registration closed? Sad
RumbleBee 392
RumbleBee 392

Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3126
Registration date : 2012-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by SorrySmithy Mon 16 Sep 2013 - 22:57

Think its a new TORA setup where all registrations close 24hours before each race
SorrySmithy
SorrySmithy

TORA Race Number : 5
Number of posts : 1886

Back to top Go down

Post by RumbleBee 392 Mon 16 Sep 2013 - 23:13

Dang, well maybe next time. This Umbrella Corp. Renault will have to wait for its debut for another time..
RumbleBee 392
RumbleBee 392

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hainesy Mon 16 Sep 2013 - 23:22

Should be open till 7pm BST tomorrow

BG Chucky 82 wrote:To make sure your invited to this race, please post "IN" in the form provided in this post, before 7PM BST on the 17/09/13
Hainesy
Hainesy

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by RumbleBee 392 Mon 16 Sep 2013 - 23:26

Not the race thread, registration thread.
RumbleBee 392
RumbleBee 392

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hainesy Mon 16 Sep 2013 - 23:28

XPR Soundwave wrote:Not the race thread, registration thread.
Oh, yes that's 48 hours.
Hainesy
Hainesy

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by RumbleBee 392 Mon 16 Sep 2013 - 23:31

Kinda figured when I saw it lol I should really plan ahead for last minute decisions
RumbleBee 392
RumbleBee 392

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanz Tue 17 Sep 2013 - 0:05

BG Hainesy wrote:Should be open till 7pm BST tomorrow
BG Chucky 82 wrote:To make sure your invited to this race, please post "IN" in the form provided in this post, before 7PM BST on the 17/09/13
XPR Soundwave wrote:Why is registration closed? Sad
Registration Hainesy me' boy, not race sign-in.
Beanz
Beanz

TORA Race Number : 57
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 2661

Back to top Go down

Post by RumbleBee 392 Tue 17 Sep 2013 - 0:22

Why u no GIF on that one lol
RumbleBee 392
RumbleBee 392

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next