TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TCR Vintage Trans Am Series Discussion - Page 5 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TCR Vintage Trans Am Series Discussion - Page 5 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TCR Vintage Trans Am Series Discussion - Page 5 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TCR Vintage Trans Am Series Discussion - Page 5 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TCR Vintage Trans Am Series Discussion - Page 5 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TCR Vintage Trans Am Series Discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TCR Vintage Trans Am Series Discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TCR Vintage Trans Am Series Discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TCR Vintage Trans Am Series Discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TCR Vintage Trans Am Series Discussion

+20
BaronGreenbacke
ATP Wheelwash
LZR Harmonic
borgermanDA226
LMR Agera
JRacer NL
Turbo Power 77
Beanz
MT2 Levin
S2M Ranger
pikeysmurf
RedRacer19
JJRinzler
Ax4x Cowboy
CQR Rogue
Ax4x Kane
DeweyTee
theboomeranga
Ax4x Bandit
Ax4x Mikey J
24 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

TCR Vintage Trans Am Series Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: TCR Vintage Trans Am Series Discussion

Post by ProstockNI32 Sat 30 Nov 2013 - 11:54

Any time u want a setup mate just ask. That goes for anyone else! I don't profess to be a setup wizard but I'll gladly help anyone who is struggling.

Ps. There's very little setup on these cars, and I liked the noise of the 71 so I wanted to rev the nuts off it lol

ProstockNI32

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2013-11-29

Back to top Go down

TCR Vintage Trans Am Series Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: TCR Vintage Trans Am Series Discussion

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Sat 30 Nov 2013 - 17:53

JRacer NL wrote:Hmmm. Had a look back through the replays and have to admit the incidents I had in race 1 and 2 were both my own fault. Glad that the only victim in both incidents was also only myself... :DJustice was served. Racing at close proximity to others when on the edge of grip is something I need some more practise at. clown 
Close clean racing takes some practice to master. You're doing very good considering the lack of experience, and remember these cars have been built for equality so they tend to race closer than most. For much of race two, I got really close to you on many occasions, but wasn't sure where I could make my move, so...

The race two incident: I was trying to keep applying a little pressure on you for a few laps leading up to the end of the race, and when you caught Bandit with just a couple laps left to go, I increased the pressure in hopes that you'd make a a move so I could follow through and pick up a spot. It worked pretty good, for me, as I almost gained two spots.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Mon 2 Dec 2013 - 5:23

Flyin Mikey J wrote:I just want to mention that the week after the Vintage Trans Am Series wraps up, I plan on hosting a one-off night of racing, featuring two potential follow-up series to VTA.

I am still finalizing the builds/carlists, then we at Ax4x will be thoroughly testing and balancing the cars over the next couple weeks. And if all goes as planned, expect what would amount to two Feature Races, one for each class.

One note: both classes, while featuring much different cars than VTA, would use much the same build formula, so (hopefully) we would see the same level of close competition that we currently enjoy.
After some serious testing, the large displacement GT class tat was planned is on indefinite hold, while the lower displacement class is all systems go. Cheers to Rangger for all of his hard work in helping sort these cars out. Expect an announcement soon, as I plan on running Vintage GT in January.

And, due to the success of the Vintage Trans Am, expect a season two of this series in early 2014. Cheers 
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by S2M Ranger Mon 2 Dec 2013 - 10:27

Glad to help out mike and myself I'm looking forward to the season ahead Wink
S2M Ranger
S2M Ranger

TORA Race Number : 909
Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Mon 2 Dec 2013 - 10:44

Weakest track to finish the season (well one of)
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

TORA Race Number : 31
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7110
Registration date : 2011-12-02

https://www.facebook.com/NSR.Esports1

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Mon 2 Dec 2013 - 16:38

Road Atlanta has a pretty good record for not causing major lobby issues, such as restarts, which is why it made the schedule. As its one of my favorite tracks, I waited until others nominated it to add it as the fifth round.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Fri 6 Dec 2013 - 5:53

This is the last race of what has been an unexpectedly successful series.

From here, series racing at this time slot goes on holiday hiatus, expect good things to come with the new year.

As for myself, while I have had a blast racing in the GMT, new employment opportunities may present a challenge to that in the new year. I may have to find a good time to host something in an American time slot. For now, I am on a wait and see what happens next schedule. My new employers really seem to like what I have been doing and are eager to move me up to a higher position.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by S2M Ranger Fri 6 Dec 2013 - 8:48

Great news bud as good things come to those that wait, real life stuff always comes first so good luck with the job.

I could not make the first round but have loved every week always looking forward to the next round which for myself I never thought I would being that the cars are rwd old school V8's which I be honest I have never even looked at. So I must say thank you to flyin mikey J and Jabberwockies 1 for getting me to race as this has been one of the best championships I have entered, I'm not saying the cars where easy for myself to drive but once I got a tune from XPR Venom I could work on it to help myself get the most out of the car.

If I had not missed the first round maybe I might of been near the top of the championship and able to fight for the title but I will be happy to get into the top 5 so fingers crossed Atlanta goes well Wink

One thing I am gunning for is the team title with only a few points between 1st and 2nd it's all to play for !

Great championship and glad I was part of it cheers mike
S2M Ranger
S2M Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Fri 6 Dec 2013 - 17:57

Thanks for joining in Ranger. To be honest, knowing your preferences towards FWD and AWD, I was rather pleasantly surprised when you signed up, even more so when I found out you actually grew to like them. Cheers 

I'm hopeful that my new role within the company will be 4 ten hour shifts, as I would prefer to get the chance to continue racing on Fridays. And since they are basically creating a new role within the company for me (adding Customer Service to my Outside Sales/Delivery position) it seems that I have a rather large say in that sort of thing. My favorite line that I keep hearing: "Whatever works best for you" Cool 
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by JRacer NL Fri 6 Dec 2013 - 22:24

Awesome series Mikey! I really enjoyed the races. Looking forward to joining a similar series next year (on the 360... Razz ) Glad you could not include the Benchmark track!! Laughing 

JRacer NL

PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2013-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post by BaronGreenbacke Fri 6 Dec 2013 - 22:32

JRacer NL wrote:Awesome series Mikey! I really enjoyed the races. Looking forward to joining a similar series next year (on the 360... Razz ) Glad you could not include the Benchmark track!! Laughing 
Ditto! I under performed  a bit, but totally enjoyed the whole season! looking forward to the next one! Thanks to everyone who took part and made it so enjoyable, and to my team mate ranger for helping out and putting up with me! Cheers
BaronGreenbacke
BaronGreenbacke

TORA Race Number : 97
Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2013-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by S2M Ranger Fri 6 Dec 2013 - 23:39

Just sorry I missed the first round bud as things might of been different Wink but I'm happy with 5th and the same points as 4th place. Till the next season keep safe and I will see you all soon......
S2M Ranger
S2M Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Agera Sat 7 Dec 2013 - 14:34

Awsome series mikey, it might be the best ive ever runned! Great action from start to finish, and equal cars that was so fun and tricky to drive Smile
looking forward to sesion 2 on 360!
To bad though that there wasent more people joining, as you said it might have been diffrent if it started alot earlyer on the year Smile
Anyways thank you and everyone else for making this series so GOOD! Very Happy:1st: 
LMR Agera
LMR Agera

TORA Race Number : 511
Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2013-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Sat 7 Dec 2013 - 17:52

I am just glad that, after a few misses, I was finally able to create another series full of close racing and good spirits within the lobby from start to finish.

The day after the first race of this series was the 4H of LeMons. After Rd 1 of VTA was a huge hit, I thought LeMons would be doomed. For it to also be a success, I then thought this series would be doomed. For both to be successful from start to finish, I am quite overjoyed.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Sat 24 May 2014 - 5:26

For those that missed this series the first time around, a friend of mine has asked to run a season of this in US Prime Time...

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/simulation-central/forza-4-classic-transam-series-introduction-and-sign-up-races-will-start-soon/85841/page1/
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5