TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TCC on Motors TV - Silverstone Thread - Size Does Matter - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TCC on Motors TV - Silverstone Thread - Size Does Matter - Page 3 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TCC on Motors TV - Silverstone Thread - Size Does Matter - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TCC on Motors TV - Silverstone Thread - Size Does Matter - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TCC on Motors TV - Silverstone Thread - Size Does Matter - Page 3 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TCC on Motors TV - Silverstone Thread - Size Does Matter - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TCC on Motors TV - Silverstone Thread - Size Does Matter - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TCC on Motors TV - Silverstone Thread - Size Does Matter - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TCC on Motors TV - Silverstone Thread - Size Does Matter - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TCC on Motors TV - Silverstone Thread - Size Does Matter

+20
RBHMScarhand
pikeysmurf
F4H Button
Koenigsegg R
TFR Magic
CQR Deuce
Zeta0085
theboomeranga
Windcharger8199
Hainesy
BG Wumba
Beanz
CQR Rogue
Richy59
JAMIE ANDERS0N
Ax4x Kane
Turbo Power 77
TLR Scrublord
AdamWatson99
Standaman94
24 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

TCC on Motors TV - Silverstone Thread - Size Does Matter - Page 3 Empty Re: TCC on Motors TV - Silverstone Thread - Size Does Matter

Post by TLR Scrublord Tue 29 Oct 2013 - 23:21

TG aren't even one of the top teams yet we're the only team apart from CQR in the top 5! Razz

Great watch, looking forward to more words of wisdom from Jake!
TLR Scrublord
TLR Scrublord

TORA Race Number : 11
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 2413
Registration date : 2012-08-15

Back to top Go down

TCC on Motors TV - Silverstone Thread - Size Does Matter - Page 3 Empty Re: TCC on Motors TV - Silverstone Thread - Size Does Matter

Post by Ax4x Kane Tue 29 Oct 2013 - 23:26

TG Haydo wrote:TG aren't even one of the top teams
Really? I always viewed TG as a top team.
Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Number of posts : 3148
Registration date : 2011-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Wed 30 Oct 2013 - 10:03

In my eyes TG being ex-VVV made them super-elite Razz
Standaman94
Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7383
Registration date : 2010-07-14

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TFR Magic Wed 30 Oct 2013 - 10:09

pikeysmurf wrote:Sky mate, always been a bad picture ruins the Aussie v8's
This. I watched Buthurst on a 900k web stream as it was better quality.

I like the channel, I really do but they don't do themselves a favour with the broadcast quality. Sad really.
TFR Magic
TFR Magic

TORA Race Number : 486
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2010-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by RBHMScarhand Wed 30 Oct 2013 - 16:50

I enjoyed it:) 
RBHMScarhand
RBHMScarhand

TORA Race Number : 987
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2013-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Oct 2013 - 16:52

It was fantastic, awesome job from everyone involved in the production! Cheers 

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Stevie Wed 30 Oct 2013 - 17:43

CQR MAGiC wrote:It was fantastic, awesome job from everyone involved in the production! Cheers 
I agree, so what if i'm not on TV, if this gets more people involved that can only be a good thing.Cheers 
CQR Stevie
CQR Stevie

TORA Race Number : 971
Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2013-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanz Wed 30 Oct 2013 - 18:03

Just watched this, excellent stuff guys.

If i could add one constructive criticism though, it's that when there are multiple drivers with the same surname, could you put their initial in so that we can tell the difference on the lap orders?

Also on another note, i think that when viewed from 'TV' style cameras, i think a big number box (like those in the Blancpain) would work better, as at times i found myself trying to see the small number on the car to see who it was i was watching, this may help with getting the number across more clearly.

All in all though, top job!

TCC on Motors TV - Silverstone Thread - Size Does Matter - Page 3 Thumbs-up
Beanz
Beanz

TORA Race Number : 57
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 2661
Registration date : 2012-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Wed 30 Oct 2013 - 18:16

BG Beanz wrote:Just watched this, excellent stuff guys.

If i could add one constructive criticism though, it's that when there are multiple drivers with the same surname, could you put their initial in so that we can tell the difference on the lap orders?

Also on another note, i think that when viewed from 'TV' style cameras, i think a big number box (like those in the Blancpain) would work better, as at times i found myself trying to see the small number on the car to see who it was i was watching, this may help with getting the number across more clearly.

All in all though, top job!

TCC on Motors TV - Silverstone Thread - Size Does Matter - Page 3 Thumbs-up
The surname thing was a bit funny. I was hesitant to put the first initial in so I just kept the numbers, so you could tell the difference using those. As an editor and from the commentators POV it's easier to distinguish drivers by their numbers.

I can tell you right now from memory that CQR HABURi is Andy Patterson #118, CQR MAGiC is Mark Guest #707, TG Amarth is Jay Sherlock #414, AEFR xScarhandx is Jon McAfee #987...

We did discuss the issue with the number box size. That's something we will have to consider for next season.

In the meantime, if your number box is too small and hard to read from the game replays, make it bigger!!!
Standaman94
Standaman94

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Stevie Wed 30 Oct 2013 - 18:24

BG Beanz wrote:Just watched this, excellent stuff guys.

I spent most of the time trying to read the names on the side of the car, as I only know most people by there GT.
CQR Stevie
CQR Stevie

TORA Race Number : 971
Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2013-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Oct 2013 - 18:41

Problem is Motors TV doesnt have the highest quality so if it was in HD or even slightly higher FPS we would be able to tell more. Even the WEC I have struggled at times to watch there streams and keep track on times as there unreadable.

Back to top Go down

Post by RBHMScarhand Wed 30 Oct 2013 - 20:47

Btw, thanks for pronouncing my name correctly. It supprising how many people say mc-caffe rather than macafee:D 
RBHMScarhand
RBHMScarhand

TORA Race Number : 987
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 127

Back to top Go down

Post by skyshadow5 Wed 30 Oct 2013 - 21:18

Watched the Motors TV show late last night (recorded on Sky) and apart from what has already been said about the broadcast quality etc, the production itself was first class and was a delight to see our Forza Universe cars battling it out on TV for the first time. Well done to everyone involved in getting this onto the TV, great job guys.

~sky~
skyshadow5
skyshadow5

TORA Race Number : 404
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 634

http://www.maturevideogamer.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenigsegg R Fri 1 Nov 2013 - 11:58

Just watched the rerun on MotorsTV. Well done guys!
Koenigsegg R
Koenigsegg R

TORA Race Number : 117
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 2674
Registration date : 2011-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Fri 1 Nov 2013 - 13:11

Koenigsegg R wrote:Just watched the rerun on MotorsTV. Well done guys!
Cheers dude, check out the youtube replay as well better quality Smile
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 1 Nov 2013 - 13:37

WOW!!!! Love the intros!!! Great great great job guys.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 1 Nov 2013 - 13:38

WOW!!!! Love the intros!!! Great great great job guys.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 1 Nov 2013 - 13:50

one tip, @Matt, sounds like you were eating while talking and stirring some tea at one point!!! lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooflers Fri 1 Nov 2013 - 20:24

Fantastic stuff - love the production in this.

Only thing that's annoying while watching it on TV is where the graphics get cut off by both the sides and the Motors TV logo... not great but hopefully sorted for next time
Wooflers
Wooflers

TORA Race Number : 740
Number of posts : 2026
Registration date : 2011-12-04

http://www.koneball.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanz Fri 1 Nov 2013 - 20:32

I love the graphic overlays, very nice. Cool 
Beanz
Beanz

TORA Race Number : 57
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 2661
Registration date : 2012-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR NEON Fri 1 Nov 2013 - 20:58

Brilliant stuff (on YouTube) the only thing i saw wrong was because of the positions on the side it looked like i caused a crash at turn 2 in one of the races when i didn't even touch anyone lol!
CQR NEON
CQR NEON

TORA Race Number : 255
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2012-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 2 Nov 2013 - 15:05

Bli33ard wrote:Fantastic stuff - love the production in this.

Only thing that's annoying while watching it on TV is where the graphics get cut off by both the sides and the Motors TV logo... not great but hopefully sorted for next time
The graphics are being cut-off because broadcast TV has a 'safe zone' of around 5-10% around all edges of the picture (known as the overscan area) which most TV's don't display. So graphics have to be designed to fit inside the safe zone, by bringing them in 10% from the edge of the screen. This is a good example from Sky Sports - the pink line is the 'safe zone', so all the graphics are moved in slightly.

TCC on Motors TV - Silverstone Thread - Size Does Matter - Page 3 Sky_sp11

It's why the Motors TV coverage looks slightly 'zoomed in' compared to actual footage - because in effect it is, by 10%. YouTube is 'full frame', so you see the full width on your monitor/laptop and the graphics look OK on that, but broadcast TV needs that bit of a buffer around the edge.

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Sat 2 Nov 2013 - 15:10

Well, you learn something new every day.
Standaman94
Standaman94

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 2 Nov 2013 - 15:12

LOL Wikipedia has a pretty good guide:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safe_area_(television)

Most video editing packages allow you to overlay a safe zone template so you can check graphics are in the zone Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by TFR Magic Sat 2 Nov 2013 - 15:39

It's related to  overscan - it's a hang over from CRT TVs that were variable in the framing of the image. My Panasonic has a setting for it. Turn it off and you get all the pixels as they should be shown. So might be worth checking for an overscan setting if you have a recent TV.

Some channels will show small black borders around the edge, devices like your xbox won't.
TFR Magic
TFR Magic

TORA Race Number : 486
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2010-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next