TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Lets plan an Endurance Race (Project CARS) - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Lets plan an Endurance Race (Project CARS) - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Lets plan an Endurance Race (Project CARS) - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Lets plan an Endurance Race (Project CARS) - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Lets plan an Endurance Race (Project CARS) - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Lets plan an Endurance Race (Project CARS) - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Lets plan an Endurance Race (Project CARS) - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Lets plan an Endurance Race (Project CARS) - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Lets plan an Endurance Race (Project CARS) - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Lets plan an Endurance Race (Project CARS)

+12
Standaman94
CQR Rogue
F4H Lotterer
Ax4x Mikey J
LMR DarthMario
Ax4x Bandit
nickyf1
LMR Zakspeed
Ax4x Kane
CQR Myles
theboomeranga
LMR Sahara
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Lets plan an Endurance Race (Project CARS) - Page 2 Empty Re: Lets plan an Endurance Race (Project CARS)

Post by theboomeranga Fri 31 Jan 2014 - 12:04

i can't find it :s
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

TORA Race Number : 31
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7110
Registration date : 2011-12-02

https://www.facebook.com/NSR.Esports1

Back to top Go down

Lets plan an Endurance Race (Project CARS) - Page 2 Empty Re: Lets plan an Endurance Race (Project CARS)

Post by LMR Sahara Fri 31 Jan 2014 - 13:47

I thought the limit was 64? and it depends on the amount of spaces avalible in the pit garage/Grid slots, also Ive seen a 64 player kart race on youtube on PCARS, I can link it if you want
LMR Sahara
LMR Sahara

TORA Race Number : 195
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1010
Registration date : 2012-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Sahara Fri 31 Jan 2014 - 13:56

MYLES PR0WER wrote:
ErebusV8 wrote:hopefully they have at least 55 allowed at Bathurst because that's the amount of cars entered into this years 12 hour (most ever)
I read
"hopefully they have at least 55 allowed at Bathurst because that would be a fun way to commit virtual suicide"
Can I see the link to the 65 car race?
Lets plan an Endurance Race (Project CARS) - Page 2 12135066106_cb74987599_o

64 cars, fair enough tho

LMR Sahara
LMR Sahara

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Myles Fri 31 Jan 2014 - 14:14

I guess only 3 times the ammount on Forza noticed allot of popin on the cars in that vid though (2:54 lololololololol)
CQR Myles
CQR Myles

TORA Race Number : 226
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1274
Registration date : 2013-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Sahara Sat 1 Feb 2014 - 4:20

MYLES PR0WER wrote:I guess only 3 times the ammount on Forza noticed allot of popin on the cars in that vid though (2:54 lololololololol)

lol! 
LMR Sahara
LMR Sahara

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Myles Wed 5 Feb 2014 - 9:44

Looking at the car list and if its stable 64 car online we could actually do an accurate Nurburgring 24Hr race with lots of class's (GT3,GT4,GT5,Touring Car,Megane Trophy,Clio Cup,Road Cars)
CQR Myles
CQR Myles

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Wed 5 Feb 2014 - 9:51

that would be magical
two lobbies Wink
128 cars, so say 384-512 people (3-4 people per car) hahaha

Last edited by ErebusV8 on Wed 5 Feb 2014 - 9:59; edited 1 time in total
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

PC Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Wed 5 Feb 2014 - 9:53

lol! sorry if this sounds a bit harsh but you have no idea how the mulitplayer will work in consoles, I doubt it will do all the above I suggest watching shift 2 replays and options will give you a understanding of how the game may look like,  the handling has yet to be sorted which is way more important than the way it looks, I have seen a lot off ppl getting hyped up for this game, I hope it deliveries but dont put all your eggs in 1 basket, Im still waiting on rfactor2 final build Wink

Lets plan an Endurance Race (Project CARS) - Page 2 2666031

Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Myles Wed 5 Feb 2014 - 9:57

You would still have to use the current stop after 1-2 hour method
CQR Myles
CQR Myles

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Wed 5 Feb 2014 - 10:04

I know Duncan, I'm not but if it delivers then goodbye Forza
if not, i'll probably still play it, but yeah
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

PC Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Myles Wed 5 Feb 2014 - 10:41

With respect I've done my homework and spoken to some leading members mentioning TORA and what is does and has done (like the Motors TV races). I got the response
I think you and you’re racing league compadres will like the online functionality, though. To have the best online/league racing experience on consoles yet is one of the main focuses of the game.
they also seem pretty upbeat about the handling mechanics being added in the future and enforce the only difference between the PC and console versions are the graphics, I will continue to probe for answers though. I know it's also their duty to promote the game as well but it doesn't hurt to plan ahead, I mean we're only throwing ideas around on what we could do on the information we have.
CQR Myles
CQR Myles

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Wed 5 Feb 2014 - 10:49

It does look good but yes, don't put all your eggs in one basket... I think we learnt that from Forza 5 Razz While it may be a solid game in many aspects, just one overlooked feature could leave it all crashing down.

I look forward to seeing what the final product will be, at least. Of all the sim racers recently that aren't GT or Forza, this looks the best. Many games lack the level of immersion a racing game should have... Forza has a fantastic sense of speed and the sound effects amplify that, something GT lacks.

If pCARS can shake off the disconnectedness that I felt like Shift had, it'll be fantastic. Hopefully the helmet cam will be less sick-inducing too Razz Will there/is there Oculus support?
Standaman94
Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7383
Registration date : 2010-07-14

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Sahara Wed 5 Feb 2014 - 16:44

Standaman94 wrote:It does look good but yes, don't put all your eggs in one basket... I think we learnt that from Forza 5 :PWhile it may be a solid game in many aspects, just one overlooked feature could leave it all crashing down.

I look forward to seeing what the final product will be, at least. Of all the sim racers recently that aren't GT or Forza, this looks the best. Many games lack the level of immersion a racing game should have... Forza has a fantastic sense of speed and the sound effects amplify that, something GT lacks.

If pCARS can shake off the disconnectedness that I felt like Shift had, it'll be fantastic. Hopefully the helmet cam will be less sick-inducing too :PWill there/is there Oculus support?

Dat profile picture tho!
LMR Sahara
LMR Sahara

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Sahara Wed 5 Feb 2014 - 16:47

SelectiveRogue wrote:lol! sorry if this sounds a bit harsh but you have no idea how the mulitplayer will work in consoles, I doubt it will do all the above I suggest watching shift 2 replays and options will give you a understanding of how the game may look like,  the handling has yet to be sorted which is way more important than the way it looks, I have seen a lot off ppl getting hyped up for this game, I hope it deliveries but dont put all your eggs in 1 basket, Im still waiting on rfactor2 final build Wink

As much as I respect that, but from my understanding here (now correct me if I'm wrong) and I'm sure you know this as well, SMS (Slightly Mad Studios) has moved a long way since the Shift series, now they're working for themselves, and the hardcore racers, not EA.  bounce bounce bounce 
LMR Sahara
LMR Sahara

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Wed 5 Feb 2014 - 18:11

Same studio that brought us GTR2 and GT Legends. They definitely appreciate the needs of the sim racer.

On that subject... GT Legends anyone?
nickyf1
nickyf1

TORA Race Number : 271
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 10770
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Myles Wed 19 Feb 2014 - 11:02

I've been told there is a restrictor option for engine & turbo power and maybe adding weight, that will be useful for balancing.
CQR Myles
CQR Myles

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Sahara Mon 21 Apr 2014 - 14:05

Wow I forgot all about this haha. Ill get the tally updated later today guys thanks!
LMR Sahara
LMR Sahara

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by MotoYeti Mon 21 Apr 2014 - 15:23

Moravia - Brno (I've raced here in real life on a motorsickle, it's rad)

2013 McLaren 12C GT3 (coz it's a great car and would suit Brno)
MotoYeti
MotoYeti

TORA Race Number : 722
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2013-01-26

https://hackett.life

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Myles Mon 21 Apr 2014 - 16:31

Its not an endurance race but how about a TORA BTCC race Weekend?
BTCC (obviously)
Renault Clio Cup
Formula Ford
Ginetta Super Cup
RUF UK GT3 Championship  Cool 
Ginetta Juniors
CQR Myles
CQR Myles

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Zakspeed Mon 21 Apr 2014 - 17:27

I would be ALL over those Ginetta's  Very Happy Cool 
LMR Zakspeed
LMR Zakspeed

TORA Race Number : 62
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 853
Registration date : 2012-07-19

http://teamlmr.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Myles Mon 21 Apr 2014 - 17:35

Did I forget to mention the Ginetta G55 GT4 has been added to the car list today?
CQR Myles
CQR Myles

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Mon 21 Apr 2014 - 18:01

Sorry to be a buzzkill, but IMO, any talk of racing anything on any game, esp on XBone, should wait until said game is actually released and thoroughly tested. This would help make sure that it can be utilized in the standards that we have grown accustomed to in TORA's FM4 events.

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Myles Mon 21 Apr 2014 - 18:20

We already can see and know whats coming the development is open(ish), that and there are already league races on PCARS and answers are a forums post away from being answered unlike Forza 5 where everything was hidden until we bought the game
CQR Myles
CQR Myles

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by MotoYeti Mon 21 Apr 2014 - 20:20

MYLES PR0WER wrote:Did I forget to mention the Ginetta G55 GT4 has been added to the car list today?

It is a good car to be sure!
MotoYeti
MotoYeti

TORA Race Number : 722
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2013-01-26

https://hackett.life

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Sahara Mon 21 Apr 2014 - 22:23

Flyin Mikey J wrote:Sorry to be a buzzkill, but IMO, any talk of racing anything on any game, esp on XBone, should wait until said game is actually released and thoroughly tested. This would help make sure that it can be utilized in the standards that we have grown accustomed to in TORA's FM4 events.

Heres the answer to that haha

MYLES PR0WER wrote:We already can see and know whats coming the development is open(ish), that and there are already league races on PCARS and answers are a forums post away from being answered unlike Forza 5 where everything was hidden until we bought the game

lol anyway, correct me if im wrong mikey but I believe my mentioned something regarding a possibility this might not happen due to your reason in the OP. Thanks though!  Cheers 
LMR Sahara
LMR Sahara

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next