TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
European GT championship. Feedback. EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
European GT championship. Feedback. EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
European GT championship. Feedback. EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
European GT championship. Feedback. EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
European GT championship. Feedback. EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
European GT championship. Feedback. EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
European GT championship. Feedback. EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
European GT championship. Feedback. EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
European GT championship. Feedback. EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

European GT championship. Feedback.

+16
AdamWatson99
rainonef1
HCR Super T
dave sp2
Dragonsyoung
HCR Hamish
II AntR II
IBlueIJaBBRexI
Koenigsegg R
CRA XenoMorph
TLR Scrublord
LMR Deftone MX
TweekPunx
Velox Canadian
Ax4x Bandit
ShrinkingSteven
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

European GT championship. Feedback. Empty European GT championship. Feedback.

Post by ShrinkingSteven Mon 24 Mar 2014 - 0:10

Hey guys.

Firstly thank you to all who took part, hosted and just helped out in anyway shape for form. Couldn't have done it without you! So thank you.

But heres the seriously bit........pirat 

What did you like about the series and why?

What didn't you like about it and why?

Most memorable moment of the series?

Who impressed you or stood out the most?

What suggestions would you think could/should happen in possible GT series on TORA?  Wink 
ShrinkingSteven
ShrinkingSteven

TORA Race Number : 8
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2012-03-14

Back to top Go down

European GT championship. Feedback. Empty Re: European GT championship. Feedback.

Post by Ax4x Bandit Mon 24 Mar 2014 - 0:15

It had GT cars. GT cars are cool.

Viper's power handicap. Couldn't think of anything else to hate about the series, so I hated on something that didn't affect me.

JamesHall94 two-wheeling it at Nordschliefe.

I did because I'm very self centered.  Razz 

What suggestions would you think could/should happen in possible GT series on TORA?
Multi-class racing and have one race of about an hour.
Ax4x Bandit
Ax4x Bandit

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4104
Registration date : 2012-07-15

Back to top Go down

European GT championship. Feedback. Empty Re: European GT championship. Feedback.

Post by Velox Canadian Mon 24 Mar 2014 - 0:25

GT cars are a good change up from the LMPs that i drive all the time.

The aston, but i hear thats changing.
Qualifying. I found it hard to race and qualifying because of prior commitments. If there was a session the day before it would be helpful.

The closeness in B lobby at catalunya. You could throw a blanket over 5 or 6 cars.

Only making 2 races it wouldnt be fair to answer.

What suggestions would you think could/should happen in possible GT series on TORA?
I liked Bandits idea,but maybe using GTE cars and GT3 cars. Not a huge difference but you dont need to worry about balancing the GT3 cars into the GTE grid.
Velox Canadian
Velox Canadian

TORA Race Number : 70
Xbox 360 Xbox 360

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2012-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by TweekPunx Mon 24 Mar 2014 - 1:51

Was gutted that I missed TORA GT S10 so was longing for an all-GT grid after my debut season in ISCC. It turned out better than I could ever have imagined Very Happy

The only flaw in my opinion was the lack of staff behind the scenes to keep things running smoothly. No one's at fault here though; and I truely recognise that the CTs that did lend a hand performed minor miracles with limited help.

Managing to creep into Lobby A on two occasions was a big moment for me; but had a great scrap with a pair of Porsches at Hockenheim that was brilliant!

Was really impressed by a lot of people on track; but to name a few: ShrinkingSteven, VAMR Wilson, dave sp2 and also my team mate II AntR II. First full season together and it already seems to be a strong combination!

NAGT Very Happy
TweekPunx
TweekPunx

TORA Race Number : 887
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2013-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Deftone MX Mon 24 Mar 2014 - 5:22

- GT cars make for some amazing racing. That mixed with TORA's best and some of the best this games ever seen, made it a properly epic series.

- Reverse grid was nothing but problems and had too much of a negative influence on the championship battle.

- Standing start separated the mid/rear engine cars too much from the front engine. It gave a huge advantage to select cars that already had an advantage in race battling. Rolling starts are cleaner and make for a far more equal start.

- Losing my chance at the championship due to a laggout in round 2. Sad

- When LMR qualified and finished 1,2,3,4,5 in round 3 at Mugello.

- II AntR II was up there all season representing the Lambo along with IBlueIJaBBRexI. Was quite surprised by his pace.

- rainonef1 put in such a great performance all season, it was a pleasure to have him as a teammate!

- ONR Faith's pace today was amazing considering he had a bunch of aero damage from the drop of the flag.

- 1 Longer Race

- Standard Grid Procedure

- Rolling Starts  

- Mix the Asian and American tracks for the next season!
LMR Deftone MX
LMR Deftone MX

TORA Race Number : 275
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3634
Registration date : 2012-06-18

http://teamlmr.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TLR Scrublord Mon 24 Mar 2014 - 7:33

Reversed Grid & 2 Races. This made you actually have to race people where as at nurburgring it was just a procession of cars due to the fact it being one longer race.

Standing Starts. seemed a bit unfair on the front engined cars. I wasn't complaining though!

Blade at race 1 of hockenhiem until he lagged out.
Lap 1 @ Nurb GP Race 2

Blade at hockenhiem, said he wasn't too comfortable in GT cars but went from 13th to 6th in the first race.
Hamish & Super T for being so consistant throughout the series

KEEP 2 RACES!
TLR Scrublord
TLR Scrublord

TORA Race Number : 11
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 2413
Registration date : 2012-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post by CRA XenoMorph Mon 24 Mar 2014 - 7:35

I had lot's of joy in this series, close and clean racing   Cheers 
I also loved to drive the Lambo..

There is not much to say here, but I will put something..

What I didn't like was the last race, it was pushed back to after Sebring and then it was pushed back to the original date..
And the qualifying procedure of the last race..  
I think there is room for improvement there Wink 

And the standing starts where not my favorite, there are always cars lagging on the grid, and with that alot of restarts during the hole season..

Our battle on Catalunya with LMR Bandit..

Only one word,  LMR  Smile     Great job guys..  
Aslo big thanks to ShrinkingSteven for running this series   Cheers 

1)  Rolling Starts
2)  No reversed grid in the second race..  There where not that many lobbies, so sometimes there was a big difference in laptimes between the first and the last in a lobby..  If you have more lobbies the times will be closer..  
Maybe it's worth thinkink about do the reversed grid with let's say only the first 6 on the grid ( I know this is a bit difficult of course to set the grid like that, but I think you will have lesser crashes..
Or, the easiest solution is how they did it in the BG McLaren Cup  Very Happy Wink
I think that worked quite well
CRA XenoMorph
CRA XenoMorph

TORA Race Number : 37
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2012-05-03

http://www.clubcraracing.fullforums.net

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Deftone MX Mon 24 Mar 2014 - 8:34

HCR Mad Dog wrote:What did you like about the series and why?
Reversed Grid & 2 Races. This made you actually have to race people where as at nurburgring it was just a procession of cars due to the fact it being one longer race

A season in the Corvette, and I think you'd feel differently. The ring was only fair after the butchering at Hockenheim and Nurb GP. Good fun all season Hayden. Was a pleasure! Smile
LMR Deftone MX
LMR Deftone MX

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenigsegg R Mon 24 Mar 2014 - 10:02

- Mostly everything I didn't list in the question below.

- NO ABRUZZI!!! DAMN YOU WARSPITE!!!!
- Standing starts, rear/mid engined cars had a huge advantage over front engined cars.
- Why is there no Le Mans in an European GT series????
- The changing rules during the series. This shouldn't happen. It happens a lot at TORA, I don't like it. Just keep to the rules and schedule you created.

- My lag out at Nürburgring.
- HCR Mad Dog going from the back of the grid to 4th after 2 corners at Nürburgring (and me trying to follow him! lol ).

- LMR in general. Especially rainonef1, haven't raced with him that much and didn't know how quick he could be in a GT car. So I was surprised in a positive way to see him racing at the top.

- ABRUZZI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Rolling starts.
Koenigsegg R
Koenigsegg R

TORA Race Number : 117
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 2674
Registration date : 2011-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by IBlueIJaBBRexI Mon 24 Mar 2014 - 10:43

It was fun to run in. Probably the best of the GT series I've ran in so far.

All of the tracks lol.

Nurburgring in A lobby enjoying a nice sunny drive with Koenigsegg behind trying to pass and crashing behind me that was unlucky koenigsegg was a shame it was getting fun, and Warspite telling me I was holding him up at the end although I was 200ft ahead lol. but other than that every race was fun a lot of Sunday drives throughout. Wink

II AntR II, ShrinkingSteven and Joito for definite all showed brute pace in there cars throughout the season.

more races and better tracks lol.
IBlueIJaBBRexI
IBlueIJaBBRexI

TORA Race Number : 646
Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2012-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by TLR Scrublord Mon 24 Mar 2014 - 12:43

LMR Deftone MX wrote:
HCR Mad Dog wrote:What did you like about the series and why?
Reversed Grid & 2 Races. This made you actually have to race people where as at nurburgring it was just a procession of cars due to the fact it being one longer race

A season in the Corvette, and I think you'd feel differently. The ring was only fair after the butchering at Hockenheim and Nurb GP. Good fun all season Hayden. Was a pleasure! Smile

I doubt that, I've been in that position in different series & I understand where you're coming from but the dicing with drivers you would never see in the lobby is a bonus in my eyes. As for the racing it's always a pleasure to try and compete with you guys when we step into LMR's office! Razz
TLR Scrublord
TLR Scrublord

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by II AntR II Mon 24 Mar 2014 - 14:43

GT cars are fun (way better than LMPCs) and very competitive.

I didn´t like the attempts to the change the schedule several times and the double date change on the last round.

-Deftone´s last chicane/last lap overtake on the Nurburbring F1. It was very CLOSE but very exciting.
-My podium on the Nurburbring F1 Circuit.
-Hockenheim close racing (amazing)
-Lag Problems on Catalunya (lots of cars flying  lol! )

- IBlueIJaBBRexI - For being a Sunday Driver  Hilarious but still managing to be in A Lobby
- LMR Deftone - For having the balls to do that overtake in the chicane (MADNESS) and very fast/consistent pace.
- TweekPunx - For the dedication to the team, car and consistent pace. He was the one to beat during the all Champioship for me and he deserves my thanks for letting me drive the Cat Lambo.
- Koenisegg R - How does a Z4 manage to be that fast? It must be the flying dutchman... on a German car.

(They are in no particular order)

- Mix the Asian and American tracks for the next season (Half season for one the continent, the other half for another)
- Rolling Starts
- Keep the 2 races
- No Multi-Class
- Put the Abruzzi

Lastly, I would to thank everyone on the backstage for doing such an amazing job on this series and to all the drivers, specially in A lobby, for the spectacular racing.
II AntR II
II AntR II

TORA Race Number : 870
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2013-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Hamish Mon 24 Mar 2014 - 17:18

I liked pretty much everything about the series. Liked the 2 races, with the 2nd being reverse grid and longer. The pit stop was a good addition making the races a bit tactical too.

The standing starts were a bit unfair for some of the cars. My Porsche had a massive advantage Very Happy 

Mad dogs start at nurburgring gp, last to 3rd in 3 corners I think.

The consistent pace of all the guys at the front, I'll need to try harder next time to keep up with you guys.

Rolling starts
The abruzzi for konigsegg  Very Happy 

Was a great series guys, glad to have been part of it and will certainly sign up for the NAGT if and when it get organised.
HCR Hamish
HCR Hamish

TORA Race Number : 739
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2013-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonsyoung Mon 24 Mar 2014 - 18:04

2 race format with reverse grid and pit was fantastic.

Nothing about the format. However reliable hosting was an issue and needs to be fixed for any coming events. IMO 2 certified hosts per lobby needs to be the be new standard. Failing to send out invites is not on. If it comes to it Cut down the entry's.

Make it global tracks not just EU or USA and allot more of them say a 12-16 event series. maybe add a car or 2.
Dragonsyoung
Dragonsyoung

TORA Race Number : 759
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2013-05-17

http://clubcraracing.fullforums.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by dave sp2 Mon 24 Mar 2014 - 18:14

this was my first full on tora championship, and I loved it! the spread of cars was great, making lobby B first time out at Silverstone was way above my station but made me try harder! making lobby A at catalunya was a high! final round at the ring was terrible!! got lagged into on the straight which ruined the next hour and 20 min, But all in I think I managed to finish in the top 10 overall which is frigging awesome!!  bounce 

LAG, in a day of superfast connections and web speeds this sucked and caused so many problems!!!!
the indecision about race starts/formation and race dates etc
why did we have to do 3 german tracks??

making lobby A(obviously) and a mega race 2 with tweek punk at the nurburgring gp, and meeting some great people that share the same passion for racing!

warspite and steven for going that extra mile to keep this going as well as it did, tweek for having the idea! and all the hosts and others(mad dog, Wilson and LMR Deftone + others) that helped behind the scene's

improve the communication as the stunt with EGT and TCC was embarrassing, I mist a week of testing the ring as I was spending my time at sebring! cost me another lobby A appearance

Basically I loved this championship and had a great time, looking forward to the next one!

Last edited by dave sp2 on Tue 25 Mar 2014 - 6:24; edited 3 times in total
dave sp2
dave sp2

TORA Race Number : 492
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2013-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Deftone MX Mon 24 Mar 2014 - 18:54

dave sp2 wrote:What did you like about the series and why?
this was my first full on tora championship, and I loved it! the spread of cars was great, making lobby B first time out at Silverstone was way above my station but made me try harder! making lobby A at catalunya was a high! final round at the ring was terrible!! got lagged into on the straight which ruined the next hour and 20 min, But all in I think I managed to finish in the top 10 overall which is frigging awesome!!  bounce 

LAG, in a day of superfast connections and web speeds this sucked and caused so many problems!!!!
the indecision about race starts/formation and race dates etc
why did we have to do 3 german tracks??

making lobby A(obviously) and a mega race 2 with tweek punk at the nurburgring gp, and meeting some great people that share the same passion for racing!

warspite and steven for going that extra mile to keep this going as well as it did, tweek for having the idea! and all the hosts and others(mad dog, Wilson and deathtone + others) that helped behind the scene's

improve the communication as the stunt with EGT and TCC was embarrassing, I mist a week of testing the ring as I was spending my time at sebring! cost me another lobby A appearance

Basically I loved this championship and had a great time, looking forward to the next one!

LMR Deathtone... I like it!! Razz
LMR Deftone MX
LMR Deftone MX

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Deftone MX Mon 24 Mar 2014 - 18:58

I would also like to add that Joito04 was really impressive this season. He was battling at the front for most of them, which was really great to see. Awesome driving this season dude!
LMR Deftone MX
LMR Deftone MX

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Super T Mon 24 Mar 2014 - 23:18

Really enjoyed this series, liked the two race format and the pitstop race2. Did like the challenge of the reverse grid but also see why people didn't .

Standing starts

Had a lot of good race so can't think of a stand out one, also me and hamish being top 3 in teams till going off the rails at last round

Rolling starts
Try make the mclaren more competitive

Was a great series guys, glad to have been part of it and will certainly sign up for the NAGT if and when it get organised.
HCR Super T
HCR Super T

TORA Race Number : 227
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2013-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by rainonef1 Mon 24 Mar 2014 - 23:40

Koenigsegg R wrote:Who impressed you or stood out the most?
- LMR in general. Especially rainonef1, haven't raced with him that much and didn't know how quick he could be in a GT car. So I was surprised in a positive way to see him racing at the top.

Thanks man, it was great racing against you throughout the series...had a lot of fun, hopefully more battling in the future.
rainonef1
rainonef1

TORA Race Number : 204
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2013-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by dave sp2 Tue 25 Mar 2014 - 6:25

LMR Deftone MX wrote:

LMR Deathtone... I like it!! Razz

Embarassed Embarassed
dave sp2
dave sp2

TORA Race Number : 492
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2013-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamWatson99 Tue 25 Mar 2014 - 9:58

I like the close racing and the tracks that were picked (apart from Catalyna), the GT cars made it a close race,

How long we had to wait to get a the race starting and get invites to our lobby's, also how some people couldnt do a warm up without crashing or hitting someone

My Race 1 start at Mugello where i went from 13th to 5th by Turn 4
Me, Tweek and Super T going 3 wide down the long straight at Hockenheim

JamesHall94 due to his great spacial awareness & when to push and when not to
Hunty1981 for calming people down after they have been hit and making them finish the race, and also some great racer to race against
ShrinkingSteven for making a great series and a great driver

American GT Series with the same car list
AdamWatson99
AdamWatson99

TORA Race Number : 99
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 1289
Registration date : 2012-07-11

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Wizard Tue 25 Mar 2014 - 11:49

Quality drivers, quality organisation and quality cars.

Poor driving standards not being rectified and the difference in cars/some cars not being competitive.

B Lobby win in race 2 after being harassed all of the race by a grumbling corvette. Tha Noddy Man not pitting, hahahaha. JamesHall's amazing launch at Nurb GP

Nobody really stood out as I only did 2 races.

Wider car choice and GT4, more level playing field for cars.

HCR Wizard

TORA Race Number : 431
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2014-02-10

http://www.cwhdesigns.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by jonnotheone Tue 25 Mar 2014 - 14:33

i cant comment on most things as this was my first season with tora

but i enjoyed it all real good racing even tho i did crap lol

person who impressed me allot was me lol for actually finishing races and coming halfway through i series and getting top ten privateer and top 40 driver

id like to see less dlc cars on there lol as im sick of looking a vw boras hahaha there tricky to pass as there not the actual size of the real car there hiding (mainly Porsche hahaha)
jonnotheone
jonnotheone

TORA Race Number : 66
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1151
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by TLR Scrublord Tue 25 Mar 2014 - 14:45

jonnotheone wrote:
id like to see less dlc cars on there lol as im sick of looking a vw boras hahaha there tricky to pass as there not the actual size of the real car there hiding (mainly Porsche hahaha)

Download the free car from each pack and you'll see all the DLC's the only car pack you can't do it with is the Porsche pack though
TLR Scrublord
TLR Scrublord

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by jonnotheone Tue 25 Mar 2014 - 17:36

HCR Mad Dog wrote:
jonnotheone wrote:

Download the free car from each pack and you'll see all the DLC's the only car pack you can't do it with is the Porsche pack though
ahhhhhh i didnot know that lol learn something new everyday thanks.
jonnotheone
jonnotheone

TORA Race Number : 66
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1151
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next