TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Poll. community vote  - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Poll. community vote  - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Poll. community vote  - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Poll. community vote  - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Poll. community vote  - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Poll. community vote  - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Poll. community vote  - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Poll. community vote  - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Poll. community vote  - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Poll. community vote

+11
ATP Wheelwash
LMR Hybrid
VICGT1970
XPR Moontower
XPR Forbidden
XPR Falcon
Capt10 Morgan
LER VisionThing
TheCamberKing52
xICEMANx41
F4H Stingray
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Do you want to postpone road america race or base points off qualifying times?

Poll. community vote  - Page 2 Vote_lcap74%Poll. community vote  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 74% 
[ 14 ]
Poll. community vote  - Page 2 Vote_lcap26%Poll. community vote  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 26% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 19

Poll closed

Poll. community vote  - Page 2 Empty Re: Poll. community vote

Post by Capt10 Morgan Wed 18 Feb 2015 - 2:56

xIcemanx41 wrote:They should have to start behind tonight's qualifiers regardless of how fast they are.  We made time to be here, they didnt

Thats what I just pinged to chad on the side. If anything, i would think newcomers would race each other for bottom of the lobby.
Capt10 Morgan
Capt10 Morgan

TORA Race Number : 426
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2014-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Stingray Wed 18 Feb 2015 - 3:03

ok guys we cant make everyone happy. just look at how the first option went. screaming match. it worked out. tbh most sts qualified tonight. it may change a little bit.

lets look it at this. next week rerun qualifying and the pole sitters mess up in qually. how are they going to feel. in real life you don't get a second chance to qualify. we will keep times hidden and lets just be happy guys, this is a video game that has major issues. we are trying our best to keep everyone happy. we let the community decide the future. give us some slack please. this isn't the easiest of jobs and none of us get paid to do any of this.

btw, in gt season 12 this happened and the race was set to qually positions.
F4H Stingray
F4H Stingray

TORA Race Number : 28
Xbox 360 Xbox 360

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2012-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by ATP Wheelwash Wed 18 Feb 2015 - 3:07

I think we should blame Turn 10, after all this conversation has now made it as far as page two and its the first time since the release of the Xbox One that they havent been blamed for anything yet.

Also, Road America, shame on you for not allowing friends to join, in fact, lets blame the entire state of Wisconsin as theres a con in the middle of it.

Penguins, if they didnt dance as much in Happy Feet, the world would be a much safer place.
ATP Wheelwash
ATP Wheelwash

TORA Race Number : #16
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2012-08-09

http://www.vtcc.online/

Back to top Go down

Post by XPR Moontower Wed 18 Feb 2015 - 3:16

Really can't please everybody. It just shows the people that are trying to get a rung up, and who wants to get on the track and settle it there. We've done as well as the Xbox service allowed is tonight. I would vote for setting points and moving on to Laguna this week, but it's a 5 week series.

Votes are in and it's settled. We can start another pole to decide how we handle qualifying next week, if anyone feels that passionate about it.

Thank you for the people that have remained open minded and way going and open to the on the fly change that we've have to make as we've tried to develop the series.

Anyone with anything to say, or questions to ask, please message me privately.
XPR Moontower
XPR Moontower

TORA Race Number : 879
Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2013-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Capt10 Morgan Wed 18 Feb 2015 - 3:16

xKingCobra28 wrote:ok guys we cant make everyone happy. just look at how the first option went. screaming match. it worked out. tbh most sts qualified tonight. it may change a little bit.

lets look it at this. next week rerun qualifying and the pole sitters mess up in qually. how are they going to feel. in real life you don't get a second chance to qualify. we will keep times hidden and lets just be happy guys, this is a video game that has major issues. we are trying our best to keep everyone happy. we let the community decide the future. give us some slack please. this isn't the easiest of jobs and none of us get paid to do any of this.

btw, in gt season 12 this happened and the race was set to qually positions.  

totally with you on the community thing... which i think should mean its up to community for qualifying for new racers next week as well. in gt, i "got screwed" (not really) by the vote cause my internet was out and was hoping i could get back in the race vote said use qually times. oh well, i didnt deserver it. now the vote would benefit me to use qually times... which way does it go? awwwww. lmao. no biggie. but yeah, i dont think anyone who raced tonight would be happy with those who werent here getting an extra week of practice whether or not they know what our times are (someone will spill the beans anyway, lol). I really think there should be another vote for this. If i screw up next week in qually, at least its on me. but if someone gets an extra week of practice than i do and beats me? 1000% worse. personally, i think either A) those who didnt race tonight qualify for last positions or B) everyone requalifies.
Capt10 Morgan
Capt10 Morgan

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Capt10 Morgan Wed 18 Feb 2015 - 3:17

sorry, was typing this before you posted to message you privately
Capt10 Morgan
Capt10 Morgan

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by XPR Moontower Wed 18 Feb 2015 - 3:26

Here's my vote for qualifying. The people that showed up tonight, will keep their times but be rewarded for the their attendance but virtue of being able to improve their time, but not fall lower than their current time if they botch it.
XPR Moontower
XPR Moontower

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Stingray Wed 18 Feb 2015 - 3:43

I think any newcomers will line up after the people who qualified tonight. But in postion how they qualify
F4H Stingray
F4H Stingray

TORA Race Number : 28
Xbox 360 Xbox 360

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2012-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Diablo 29x Wed 18 Feb 2015 - 3:44

[on soapbox]

Qualifying is done, those times are final and need to stick for next week's race, if you want to be fair.

If anyone missed this week, they have a gift- They can qualify and race next week with those that qualified this week. More racers = better racing. Should they start in front or behind those that already qualified? After a think, no, you start behind the qualifers since you missed initial qualifying, this way you're getting some points instead of zero.

Qualifying is a tricky thing: If you botch qualifying, that's your fault. You live by the sword, and you die by the sword. I can't tell you how many times I've screwed myself over by not qualifying as well as I could have. 

Also, don't be so quick to judge those who voted for qualifying. I'll take your challenge Iceman: Voting to race would be "fair", but it would also benefit you if you could move up a few places since you qualified badly, right? As for me, I voted for qualifying sets positions. Why? Well, I'm 50/50 whether or not I can race next week and like 10% chance the week after. I already had XBL screw me over at Road Atlanta when I was on pole. If I miss next week, I lose the points lead and then fall out of the standings entirely if I miss the week after. If we had raced tonight, I would have points, regardless of where I finished, and then even if I missed next week, I'd have a chance at the title. So, basically, I may lose the series because XBL screwed me over twice. 

My point is, no matter what choice you make, someone is going to be screwed over. Don't criticize one choice over another, there might be a reason you aren't aware of.

The organizers held a poll to see what everyone thought, laid out the reasonable options they had. Are any perfect? No. Will a reasonable solution be reached? Yes.

[/off soapbox.]

Diablo 29x

TORA Race Number : 29
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3628
Registration date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Capt10 Morgan Wed 18 Feb 2015 - 3:50

F4H Diablo wrote:[on soapbox]

Qualifying is done, those times are final and need to stick for next week's race, if you want to be fair.

If anyone missed this week, they have a gift- They can qualify and race next week with those that qualified this week. More racers = better racing. Should they start in front or behind those that already qualified? After a think, no, you start behind the qualifers since you missed initial qualifying, this way you're getting some points instead of zero.

Qualifying is a tricky thing: If you botch qualifying, that's your fault. You live by the sword, and you die by the sword. I can't tell you how many times I've screwed myself over by not qualifying as well as I could have. 

Also, don't be so quick to judge those who voted for qualifying. I'll take your challenge Iceman: Voting to race would be "fair", but it would also benefit you if you could move up a few places since you qualified badly, right? As for me, I voted for qualifying sets positions. Why? Well, I'm 50/50 whether or not I can race next week and like 10% chance the week after. I already had XBL screw me over at Road Atlanta when I was on pole. If I miss next week, I lose the points lead and then fall out of the standings entirely if I miss the week after. If we had raced tonight, I would have points, regardless of where I finished, and then even if I missed next week, I'd have a chance at the title. So, basically, I may lose the series because XBL screwed me over twice. 

My point is, no matter what choice you make, someone is going to be screwed over. Don't criticize one choice over another, there might be a reason you aren't aware of.

The organizers held a poll to see what everyone thought, laid out the reasonable options they had. Are any perfect? No. Will a reasonable solution be reached? Yes.

[/off soapbox.]

i think diablo just summed up everything i was trying to say, lol. im in the same boat... by postponing, i probably cant make the rest of the races now. and i am also just doing this for the fun. i joined late and points dont even matter to me. BUT... i would really like to finish the series i signed up for. the reason i signed up late is because it was difficult to get "permission" for me to run the series and for me to schedule stuff around it. i would have rather skipped tonights race all together than postpone the series because now it is going to mess up the sebring event. but... it was a community vote, so im cool with it. if i cant make sebring, but the majority of the community is happy, so be it. there will always be the next series. oh and by the way... TOTALLY claiming my first "A Lobby" anyway! Razz
Capt10 Morgan
Capt10 Morgan

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by XPR Moontower Wed 18 Feb 2015 - 3:59

Next week, current qually results will stand. Any newcomers will be allowed to qualify for the back of this weeks qualifiers in each respective class.

Sebring will go on as before, just with a smaller break.

Now it's been a long day, let's go to bed.
XPR Moontower
XPR Moontower

Back to top Go down

Post by xICEMANx41 Wed 18 Feb 2015 - 4:05

There are many days this week that are open or between series. What about running it THIS week? Postponing nothing until NEXT WEEK? Its a suggestion.

(rigging up soapbox)

Diablo - to bring some NASCAR into this. Matt Kenseth is a horrible qualifier, by history. However, he won a Championship by RACING his way from where he started from. IF I outrace just 2-3 guys, that matters to me. I am right there for a podium spot in points, the one that you are winning. I want every point I can get. Because it matters to ME to try and get 3rd.... a tall order at this point already. As taking qualifying would help you WIN the championship, it would kill my chances. Plus you have a drop week for RD ATL... so it did not kill you as much as you think.

(Blows up Soapbox)

LMFAO!!!
xICEMANx41
xICEMANx41

TORA Race Number : 17
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2014-12-11

http://www.forzasimracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by xICEMANx41 Wed 18 Feb 2015 - 4:05

lol - sorry, was typing before you went to bed. hahaha
xICEMANx41
xICEMANx41

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Diablo 29x Wed 18 Feb 2015 - 4:35

Clearly, you were voting to postpone the race because it would benefit you.

For that reason, don't criticize the qualifying time option.

Diablo 29x

TORA Race Number : 29
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3628
Registration date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by xICEMANx41 Wed 18 Feb 2015 - 4:46

If you want to win that way... lol. It's not that serious anymore. I apologized on Facebook page. I am done. I don't run this, they do. I'm tired of arguing about it tonight, so we can continue this later if you want. It will give me time to Google any race that has ever been decided on hot laps. I will let you know. Lol. Just kidding guys.

The soap box is gone, so I am yelling from the crater the bomb created.
xICEMANx41
xICEMANx41

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by VICGT1970 Wed 18 Feb 2015 - 6:12

I understand both sides of this argument but all I want to do is race and have fun this is my first racing series ever I finished last last week but I still had fun and also doing a series like this is making me a faster driver so every race I do I get a little better

Can't we all just get along

VICGT1970

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by xICEMANx41 Wed 18 Feb 2015 - 12:33

Lol - no. Just kidding Vic. lmbo.

You will get faster. I am slowly getting back to where I was prior to stepping away from this game. I am now using a controller too.... Double the learning....
xICEMANx41
xICEMANx41

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Capt10 Morgan Wed 18 Feb 2015 - 18:03

Tried posting this last night, but phone screwed up...

I really think TORA should take this opportunity to come up with a standard rule for future events. Unfortunately, this is occurring often enough that I am sure it won't be the last time. Rather than wait for it to happen and react, it would go SO much smoother if there was already a standard. Unfortunately, waiting until AFTER it happens means the votes are going to be persuaded by how drivers did that night, etc. Not sure where to put this kind of suggestion, but I know plenty of TORA staff members will see this anyway and they can just run with it if they want.
Capt10 Morgan
Capt10 Morgan

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by xICEMANx41 Wed 18 Feb 2015 - 18:20

^^^ good idea!

Feel free to do your pose now! There is a little bit of Captain in you!
xICEMANx41
xICEMANx41

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Wed 18 Feb 2015 - 19:14

This obviously aint gonna be decided from a Community cause either 1 or the other are gonna Moan and Groan cause such and such, but to make it all fair i suggest Organisers and a selected few People outside of the Series and in the Series come together to discuss what would make the best decision for the series. me Personally "Postpone till next week" totally unfair on the guys that cant qualify well and unfair on the guys that just had a lil shabby lap and knows he can do quicker, but on the other hand people will say "well i qualified ahead of you so imma finish there" No you dont know that, so stop been a Bighead and just let the race be postponed till next week and do it then. dont like what i have to say u know where the Exit is. but that is my 2 pence worth do with it as you will
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

TORA Race Number : 202
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2014-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by XPR Moontower Wed 18 Feb 2015 - 19:22

I would prefer that everyone just re-qualified next week, but it's not up to me alone. I just love human nature and psychology, and watching people say things like 'you just want X to happen because X benefits you directly' while arguing for the other side, which directly benefits them.

And no, there can't be a standard for things. IMSA, or FIA don't have flat standard rules across the spectrum of all their series, because every single one is different and requires different sets of rules.
XPR Moontower
XPR Moontower

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Wed 18 Feb 2015 - 19:26

XPR Moontower wrote:I would prefer that everyone just re-qualified next week, but it's not up to me alone. I just love human nature and psychology, and watching people say things like 'you just want X to happen because X benefits you directly' while arguing for the other side, which directly benefits them.

And no, there can't be a standard for things. IMSA, or FIA don't have flat standard rules across the spectrum of all their series, because every single one is different and requires different sets of rules.

no 1 is ever gonna be happy with the result that comes out of this, and if they arent happy with it no offense, making everyone else requally next week makes it Fairer for everyone else,

cause people can Improve there time or keep there time if they struggle, "Oh but new comers mite beat us" tough **** its a game, yeh u mite be battling in the series, but that is what should be pushing u to become quicker, obviously this series doesnt mean much to them if they arent pushing them self to there limits and beyond, not been a D*** about this but that is how it is.

SVR Solar
SVR Solar

TORA Race Number : 202
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2014-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by xICEMANx41 Wed 18 Feb 2015 - 19:30

I personally have a goal in the series and I am doing all I can think of to reach it! I want to be just like you, my friend! "I wanna go a FAST"
xICEMANx41
xICEMANx41

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by LER VisionThing Wed 18 Feb 2015 - 20:42

Well that all escalated quickly...
LER VisionThing
LER VisionThing

TORA Race Number : 303
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2014-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Capt10 Morgan Wed 18 Feb 2015 - 20:49

XPR Moontower wrote:...And no, there can't be a standard for things. IMSA, or FIA don't have flat standard rules across the spectrum of all their series, because every single one is different and requires different sets of rules.

I get that. But think of all the BS that could be avoided if it was already in writing, lol. Might actually be worth including in each series rules section when it is created. This friends list is starting to happen often enough, it wouldn't hurt. It's no longer a matter of "cant have a rule for every crazy possibly scenario"... but more of a "yeah... there's a darn good chance this could happen". Then if you don't like the rule for that series? dont run it.
Capt10 Morgan
Capt10 Morgan

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next