TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TORA Avon Tyres British GT Championship: Revisions to Championship - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORA Avon Tyres British GT Championship: Revisions to Championship - Page 3 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TORA Avon Tyres British GT Championship: Revisions to Championship - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA Avon Tyres British GT Championship: Revisions to Championship - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA Avon Tyres British GT Championship: Revisions to Championship - Page 3 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA Avon Tyres British GT Championship: Revisions to Championship - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA Avon Tyres British GT Championship: Revisions to Championship - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA Avon Tyres British GT Championship: Revisions to Championship - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA Avon Tyres British GT Championship: Revisions to Championship - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA Avon Tyres British GT Championship: Revisions to Championship

+23
TM aidtheace
DonatedSatyr227
paul299
LER VisionThing
AdamWatson99
SVR Solar
ctnhededninymgn
XPR Roadrunner
FSR Groves
Standaman94
ATR DAN
Ax4x Chaddy
LMR TopSecret
Capt10 Morgan
RumbleBee 392
DDM Driv3
SFM Benedict
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
Mrbrown33
jonnotheone
CreamyTastey
LMR Deftone MX
Matt
27 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

TORA Avon Tyres British GT Championship: Revisions to Championship - Page 3 Empty Re: TORA Avon Tyres British GT Championship: Revisions to Championship

Post by Capt10 Morgan Fri 29 May 2015 - 22:58

XPR Soundwave wrote:
As for the other comments in regards to being realistic, we don't have crew chiefs, spotters, or team members that can relay us information of traffic. So not being able to communicate is a serious lack of realism, in terms of situational awareness.

Though I love it being as close to real as we can get, some aspects shouldn't be overlooked for that consideration.

Agreed. Also, we will never have the same situational awareness in a video game without the same peripheral vision as you get in a car. While driving down the road, I don't have to turn my head 90 degrees to look to my left and see there is a car. I think most issues in the game occur NOT because the lead car didnt know there was a car catching up to him in his rear view... but once you get to a certain distance and go in their blind spot, you can't see what they are doing and if they are sticking to the left or going to cut it back to the otherside, etc etc. Much easier to see in a real car than on this game.
Capt10 Morgan
Capt10 Morgan

TORA Race Number : 426
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2014-05-08

Back to top Go down

TORA Avon Tyres British GT Championship: Revisions to Championship - Page 3 Empty Re: TORA Avon Tyres British GT Championship: Revisions to Championship

Post by AdamWatson99 Sat 30 May 2015 - 0:47

But still. Video game or not. If you can't drive in traffic then that's your fault not the people who can. Be more aware. Don't go for stupid moves that won't work unless using your car. Its racing etiquette. GT4 Drivers look in their mirrors which is possible & GT3 give warning with headlights. How hard? Just because you might struggle doesn't mean the rest of us do. If you can't pass wait a corner or two. You might lose a second or two but in the even flow or traffic it can be made up. Stop winging and accept what's going on. Whether its fixed or not. The staff have made the decision to be party chat so live with it.
AdamWatson99
AdamWatson99

TORA Race Number : 99
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 1289
Registration date : 2012-07-11

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by ctnhededninymgn Sat 30 May 2015 - 1:00

AdamWatson99 wrote:But still. Video game or not. If you can't drive in traffic then that's your fault not the people who can. Be more aware. Don't go for stupid moves that won't work unless using your car. Its racing etiquette. GT4 Drivers look in their mirrors which is possible & GT3 give warning with headlights. How hard? Just because you might struggle doesn't mean the rest of us do. If you can't pass wait a corner or two. You might lose a second or two but in the even flow or traffic it can be made up. Stop winging and accept what's going on. Whether its fixed or not. The staff have made the decision to be party chat so live with it.

Totally agree! It's also important to remember that it is the responsibility of the car behind to avoid contact while overtaking (there are always exceptions, however). That being said, it is impairitive To have patience. It may suck to have to lose a second or to trying to pass a backmarker, but it's exponentially better than losing a wheel or recieving a penalty and the car behind you will have to pass the same car at some point, so you may not be losing any time! Razz not trying to lecture, I've just had a lot of bad experiences with this topic while kart racing. I've had one too many shunts! tongue
ctnhededninymgn
ctnhededninymgn

TORA Race Number : 218
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2015-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Capt10 Morgan Sat 30 May 2015 - 1:26

Couldn't agree more... IF we can get the faster cars to show patience. But that hasn't been the case in the past, so I guess I'm just a cynic. Notice my statement was from the POV of the lead car who is getting passed, not from the car who is doing the passing. Obviously when passing, you can see everything and it IS your responsibility. But as someone who has been taken out by impatient "passers" all too often... I would rather pull off the track and PARK my car if the guy behind me says so, rather than being taken out of the race because they tried a move i wasnt expecting and ruin the whole thing for me.
Capt10 Morgan
Capt10 Morgan

TORA Race Number : 426
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2014-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by RumbleBee 392 Sat 30 May 2015 - 1:47

Being on both receiving and sending. Its doesnt matter how much you look, how much care you take, misjudgment because both drivers assume the opposite of the other is what has caused and will cause problems in the future. 

We aren't professional, we don't race in full rigs, have multiple screens, or even a big screen. Some of us are limited to just getting by with the basics. And some of us can push the outer limits.

It's was a knee a jerk rule that some might say isn't necessary. And the point to discuss is to find a mutual agreement that benefits all. Not restrict.
RumbleBee 392
RumbleBee 392

Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3126
Registration date : 2012-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR TopSecret Sat 30 May 2015 - 3:22

For the people moaning about overtaking gt4 cars in gt3, if your not dumb you may realize your only going to overtake each gt4 car once(unless you pit right after overtaking them) within the approx 30 mins races. we managed overtaking gt cars in LMP cars which were from 20-40 seconds faster based on the track so overtaking a gt4 in a gt3 shouldn't be impossible, it will just require more patience as the speed difference is not as great but more controllable.

LMR TopSecret

TORA Race Number : 545
Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2013-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by SFM Benedict Sat 30 May 2015 - 8:52

LMR Deftone MX wrote:
Hunty1981 wrote:Will there still be a qually session on sundays?

No, the point is for Sunday to consist of only a race and to have the grid/lobbies set the day before.

If this is the case i wont be doing qually at all as time is limited

SFM Benedict

TORA Race Number : 21
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 4053
Registration date : 2012-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Sat 30 May 2015 - 9:17

As per written, Qualy will take place like our endurance sessions so there will be a couple of sessions during the week in the run up to race day.
The reason is the anticipated numbers participating and the concerns over lobby stability.
If we were to run everything on the night and the problems persist the night would drag on and we'd have more problems to contend with. This system allows for a much higher chance of a fun, frustration free evening for all.
Matt
Matt

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14648
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrbrown33 Sat 30 May 2015 - 11:09

Not sure if any of you are having this problem, but party chat is having some problems when playing pcars? Even more so after the update.
Mrbrown33
Mrbrown33

TORA Race Number : 335
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2013-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by DonatedSatyr227 Sun 31 May 2015 - 19:03

What the rules with corner cutting/ abusing track limits ? this NEEDS to be crystal clean BEFOR the first round.
DonatedSatyr227
DonatedSatyr227

TORA Race Number : 95
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 419
Registration date : 2014-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Deftone MX Sun 31 May 2015 - 19:23

It will be.
LMR Deftone MX
LMR Deftone MX

TORA Race Number : 275
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3634
Registration date : 2012-06-18

http://teamlmr.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSCOEpCOTRAIN Mon 1 Jun 2015 - 2:21

.....weird I could swear there were more posts here....
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

TORA Race Number : 33
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1447
Registration date : 2012-11-17

http://neinshiza.net84.net  neinshiza.the-talk.net

Back to top Go down

Post by CreamyTastey Mon 1 Jun 2015 - 12:17

The staff have probably just cleared up the thread from the conversation yesterday mate.
CreamyTastey
CreamyTastey

TORA Race Number : 8
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1276
Registration date : 2012-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSCOEpCOTRAIN Mon 1 Jun 2015 - 18:30

Yes i am aware bud...however if they think I or this issue will just go away they are sorely mistaken....
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by TM aidtheace Fri 5 Jun 2015 - 17:18

Last edited by aidtheace on Mon 22 Jun 2015 - 11:29; edited 1 time in total
TM aidtheace
TM aidtheace

TORA Race Number : 293
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2012-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 8 Jun 2015 - 15:47

I would like to say well done to the TORA guys for organising this its going to be a blast.

I have run leagues and races before but never on this scale. Keep up the sterling work gents and I can't wait for round 1 Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyT306 Mon 15 Jun 2015 - 12:29

can i ask why we aren't running mechanical failures... when everything else (tyres/fuel/weather/damage) is on full realism?
AndyT306
AndyT306

TORA Race Number : 681
Xbox One Mac

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Mon 15 Jun 2015 - 15:25

Essentially it's to keep as many people running as possible.
Bearing in mind we're likely to have network connections issues etc to deal with we really want to get as many people racing as we can. If your engine goes pop part way through that's not going to help your enjoyment.

As the issues with CARS are ironed out we'll ramp things up with future series but we wanted to get this running in a manner that is likely to result in the most people enjoying themselves.
Matt
Matt

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14648
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyT306 Mon 15 Jun 2015 - 16:11

i think with the current lag/connection problems running full damage is just asking for trouble too!
AndyT306
AndyT306

Xbox One Mac

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Deftone MX Mon 15 Jun 2015 - 16:33

Was thinking that as well
LMR Deftone MX
LMR Deftone MX

TORA Race Number : 275
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3634
Registration date : 2012-06-18

http://teamlmr.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyT306 Mon 15 Jun 2015 - 16:34

losing time off the circuit and/or recovering from incident is enough penalty
AndyT306
AndyT306

Xbox One Mac

Back to top Go down

Post by TW3ARING Tue 16 Jun 2015 - 22:25

Can i just ask a quick question that someone might know the answer to? How do your liveries get sorted whilst entering a server?

I am guessing you (the entrant) can't choose the livery, i don't think you can select online... how does it work when entering something like this? is it just chance? or is it pre selected to you as you enter the server?

don't get me wrong i am not complaining at all, just intrigued.

Cheers

TW3ARING

TORA Race Number : 939
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2015-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Diablo 29x Tue 16 Jun 2015 - 22:56

If you select your car from the garage, you can select your livery. That's what I do in multiplayer and it works for me Smile

Diablo 29x

TORA Race Number : 29
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3628
Registration date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by DonatedSatyr227 Sun 21 Jun 2015 - 1:48

Can we overtake before the start finish line on the rolling start ?
DonatedSatyr227
DonatedSatyr227

TORA Race Number : 95
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 419
Registration date : 2014-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSCOEpCOTRAIN Sun 21 Jun 2015 - 3:32

aidtheace wrote:I have been back on Tora for literally about 3 weeks and have never seen someone moan as much as Roscoe. Don't post the stuff you post on any forum.
I was on Tora years ago and used to race on a site call the Race World Series and I remember when they had to organise things, it was hard work. I even ran my own series once and I struggled with that. Give the guys on here a break. They clearly try very hard to keep everyone happy and don't need people posting negativity to every thread possible.
Thanks
.mwah <3 you,...
FYI before you poke something know what your poking
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next