TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
FM6 General Discussion - Page 11 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
FM6 General Discussion - Page 11 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
FM6 General Discussion - Page 11 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
FM6 General Discussion - Page 11 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
FM6 General Discussion - Page 11 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
FM6 General Discussion - Page 11 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
FM6 General Discussion - Page 11 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
FM6 General Discussion - Page 11 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
FM6 General Discussion - Page 11 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

FM6 General Discussion

+93
CarbonfiberYeti
ridin sideways2
HCCR Rabidus
Richy59
paul299
MID LAND ZETA
SGR Amber
xebot360
PROD DTechR
Jack Coffey
CQR Myles
WRA JoeVIR
HomerRamone
TOMWHITTY
EZT SPANKY
Simply Law
DOR Vantage
LMR Deftone MX
CRA Project182R
Wooflers
EZT PDILLY77
H R FLOCK
Mrbrown33
HCR Super T
TLP STaLLiOnO
Fazed Intro
BalmierPie671
Hailfire97x
Speed Dem0n 64
DDM Driv3
PLOW tubbi
TheFLC
JAMIE ANDERS0N
HCR Karma
CRA XenoMorph
LMR Sahara
VVV GunDaM
MaynardMK4
EVR Chiraq
BigBen13x
xVampirAx
D3fend
galeforce97
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
LMP Dragon
Apoc112
desertrainfrog
DSRL Webbers88
ATP Wheelwash
Fleaver
WhoIsJohn117
Diablo 29x
Ax4x Broomz
DeweyTee
ShrinkingSteven
HCR generaltso
F4H Hakkinen
Radiation Louis
EZT Neo 45
Joito04
Ax4x Bandit
nickyf1
Louie Loper
RW26 BLAZE
TechnologicMau5
henkymetcola
FSR Groves
I Ray P Dave I
Zeta0085
Freheliaz
XXX Skyrocket
LMR DarthMario
jonnotheone
RumbleBee 392
Ax4x Cowboy
CTM AnonCaliga
TFR Magic
CQR MAGiC
LMR Zakspeed
Matt
EZT MAKO 6669
PTG Chungus
Ax4x Kane
theboomeranga
Ax4x Mikey J
II AntR II
skyshadow5
Dominic Mako
ART Carrera
DonatedSatyr227
AMR of the Apex
AndyT306
Standaman94
97 posters

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

FM6 General Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: FM6 General Discussion

Post by henkymetcola Thu 3 Sep 2015 - 10:07

Apoc112 wrote:Night racing didn't do a whole lot for me at Yas Marina, but i think that's because it's a fully lit track. I definitely didn't feel the lack of grip that the announcer touted. I'll reserve judgement for the full game...
Indeed Yas Marinas didn't look that special with the night racing but that's mostly cause it's fully lit. I think Sebring and Le Mans would bring better experience in the night racing.
henkymetcola
henkymetcola

Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1174
Registration date : 2013-01-13

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by D3fend Thu 3 Sep 2015 - 10:55

I've found using simulation handling on the pad (for the Rival Forza Fuel event anyway, I haven't tried elsewhere) seems to give more feel and handling contrary to both what it tells you and Forza's of previous.

Let's face it, Forza 4 is long behind us, they've phased in some features to 6 (such as the ahead/behind/1st distance tracker) however others, we're just going to have to accept that they're gone.
D3fend
D3fend

TORA Race Number : 571
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2015-09-01

http://wearegrip.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Thu 3 Sep 2015 - 11:19

Yas Marina wasn't exactly the best location to show off the night racing, but it's probably the best circuit to look at in the night.

The physics felt improved from Forza 5, but until we can get into a racing car it's hard to compare to Project CARS.

The rain is epic, probably better than CARS (on XB1 visually at least). Lots of mist from the cars and the raindrops look cool, not quite Driveclub level but still nice to look at. Puddles are hell and well simulated, you find yourself adjusting your line to get around them. Should make for some very interesting racing!
Standaman94
Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7383
Registration date : 2010-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by D3fend Thu 3 Sep 2015 - 11:39

Standaman94 wrote:Yas Marina wasn't exactly the best location to show off the night racing, but it's probably the best circuit to look at in the night.

The physics felt improved from Forza 5, but until we can get into a racing car it's hard to compare to Project CARS.

The rain is epic, probably better than CARS  (on XB1 visually at least). Lots of mist from the cars and the raindrops look cool, not quite Driveclub level but still nice to look at. Puddles are hell and well simulated, you find yourself adjusting your line to get around them. Should make for some very interesting racing!

Seems to look like they were looking to show off the "best" of each atmosphere, as you say, Yas is by far the best to look at with plenty going on off track.

I'm a fan of the rain, it still has that unrealistic aspect of the standing water still being standing after 24 cars have passed through it lap-after-lap and there being no changeable conditions thrown in which is a bit of a shame.

Either way, the demo is getting a good bashing in the studio — just need to cross that 1:05 mark in the Forza Fuel event…
D3fend
D3fend

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by DonatedSatyr227 Thu 3 Sep 2015 - 15:40

After playing the FM6 demo I do not think that FM6 is as good as we were all hoping. The cars handle like they have ridiculous amount of over steer also the breaks are also terrible they lock up under breaking way to easy and there is no way of changing the braking dead zones. The wet weather racing at Sebring was fun but with FM6 only having just heavy rain and no other it is a big disappointment. 6/10 with PCARS now much better after update 3.0 FM6 will have to be really great to beat PCARS.
DonatedSatyr227
DonatedSatyr227

TORA Race Number : 95
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 419
Registration date : 2014-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Thu 3 Sep 2015 - 15:43

Chiraq OTF wrote:The demo is a 5/10. You are really forced to do all the sh*t races you don't want to... I loved Forza 4, because it was the best game on Xbox 360. Project Cars is way better than Forza on Xbox One in terms of physics and race feeling. Forza 6 feels too sterile you don't get this feeling for speed. Project Cars is just thrilling it gives you this feeling of a real race weekend. You have Practice sessions, Qualifying and even Warm-Up, the tuning is more detailed and the cars feel pretty good. You get a nice feel for them unlike in Forza 6 where the cars I've driven feel boring. The indy cars are okay and I think the proper race cars feel better but I'm not impressed by the overall package. I don't feel the tracks, the bumps and you don't get really penalized for cutting the corners or going off the tracks. Just the annoying puddles where you lose traction immediatly. Not only that content is missing (SF, Auction house etc.) rain effects suck and it's just... another Forza. The graphics are neat but that's it. If Project Cars would have all the licences Micro$oft has got, it would be perfect. I have my money with Project Cars, a game based on crowd founding with maybe a few bugs. The game will develop just like Battlefield 4 did.

I'm not sure with the purchase but just to race with you guys I have to buy it pale

One thing with the demo, you are driving production road cars w/o any "racey" upgrades or tuning. The FM4 demo was not thrilling either if I recall correctly... just a stock production car (458?) at Bernese Alps. FM3 demo was a stock R8 around Camino.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by EVR Chiraq Thu 3 Sep 2015 - 16:46

Flyin Mikey J wrote:
Chiraq OTF wrote:The demo is a 5/10. You are really forced to do all the sh*t races you don't want to... I loved Forza 4, because it was the best game on Xbox 360. Project Cars is way better than Forza on Xbox One in terms of physics and race feeling. Forza 6 feels too sterile you don't get this feeling for speed. Project Cars is just thrilling it gives you this feeling of a real race weekend. You have Practice sessions, Qualifying and even Warm-Up, the tuning is more detailed and the cars feel pretty good. You get a nice feel for them unlike in Forza 6 where the cars I've driven feel boring. The indy cars are okay and I think the proper race cars feel better but I'm not impressed by the overall package. I don't feel the tracks, the bumps and you don't get really penalized for cutting the corners or going off the tracks. Just the annoying puddles where you lose traction immediatly. Not only that content is missing (SF, Auction house etc.) rain effects suck and it's just... another Forza. The graphics are neat but that's it. If Project Cars would have all the licences Micro$oft has got, it would be perfect. I have my money with Project Cars, a game based on crowd founding with maybe a few bugs. The game will develop just like Battlefield 4 did.

I'm not sure with the purchase but just to race with you guys I have to buy it pale

One thing with the demo, you are driving production road cars w/o any "racey" upgrades or tuning. The FM4 demo was not thrilling either if I recall correctly... just a stock production car (458?) at Bernese Alps. FM3 demo was a stock R8 around Camino.

The demo give you a great look into the game I know, but I just don't like it. I don't know. I see some people spending so much time into the demo I just cannot do it. And in the demo you can race an Indy car that's like the only race car. I hope the final product gives me joy but the demo, meh.
EVR Chiraq
EVR Chiraq

TORA Race Number : 130
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2014-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Zakspeed Thu 3 Sep 2015 - 21:29

It looks so stupid when you see the DW12's racing around Indy with the full street course aero package. *facepalm
LMR Zakspeed
LMR Zakspeed

TORA Race Number : 62
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 853
Registration date : 2012-07-19

http://teamlmr.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ShrinkingSteven Thu 3 Sep 2015 - 22:17

LMR Zakspeed wrote:It looks so stupid when you see the DW12's racing around Indy with the full street course aero package. *facepalm

Just so Picky.... Laughing
ShrinkingSteven
ShrinkingSteven

TORA Race Number : 8
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2012-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Fri 4 Sep 2015 - 0:22

So, I think I have to save up for an Xbox One, Forza 4 is great, but I need Bathurst and new V8s and Indycar and FM6 in general
$40 down, $510 to go then I can get the 1TB hard drive and Forza 6
https://content.ebgames.com.au/website/images/detail/202599_detail_v2.jpg

or go $400 for preowned console and $100 for the game, but $50 more gets me a new console and double the HDD

Decisions decisions
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

TORA Race Number : 31
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7110
Registration date : 2011-12-02

https://www.facebook.com/NSR.Esports1

Back to top Go down

Post by II AntR II Fri 4 Sep 2015 - 1:19

ShrinkingSteven wrote:
LMR Zakspeed wrote:It looks so stupid when you see the DW12's racing around Indy with the full street course aero package. *facepalm

What about the smoke coming of the tires? lol
II AntR II
II AntR II

TORA Race Number : 870
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2013-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post by LMP Dragon Fri 4 Sep 2015 - 1:58

OK. I will admit, it doesn't capture the pzazz of Forza Motorsport 4.

A lot like it doesn't capture the terrible vibe Forza Motorsport 5 gave us.

I've learnt over the two years with Forza 5 that we have to let some things go. And I've learnt to live with that. Horizon 2 is all about staying connected, making it feel like the ultimate road trip... A lot like the Motorsport franchise is about recreating the immense action of racing.

I'm happy with the 500 odd cars we ARE getting, it sets everything up nicely to have people racing all sorts. Most people prefer the finesse and capabilities of a race car, and that shows at TORA.

A lot like how some people prefer high modified road cars or lightly modified or even production racing.

Everyone has something to drive and enjoy in Forza 6. Clubs made things OK. But they're NOT necessary to the games success. Forza 6's success is going to come with what they're fixing from Forza 5. Quality over quantity. THAT is what makes a game good. You need that balance and Forza 6 PERFECTLY recreates that... It may not have everything you want but you can't please everyone in the world. Some people have to deal with that they're given whereas others could ask for nothing more.

So what's the problem with Forza 6? It has great racing, new features, more new tracks and more importantly - MORE VARIED CONTENT. If you want a storefront or want to make money form tunes and paints? Well... You better get good with a wrench and a spanner because the storefront was all about standing out from a crowd. A lot like the sharefront.

Forza 6 will not be perfect. But it will easily amend all of Forza 5's wrongdoings and that's what matters now. Project CARS is a simulator. Forza 6 is all about embracing the love people have for automobile racing.

I rest my case.
LMP Dragon
LMP Dragon

TORA Race Number : 93
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1671
Registration date : 2013-05-17

http://lmpdragon.jgsw.me

Back to top Go down

Post by D3fend Fri 4 Sep 2015 - 17:16

Loads of preview content going up on YT today.

Spa in the night is… DARK.

D3fend
D3fend

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Zakspeed Fri 4 Sep 2015 - 17:23

ShrinkingSteven wrote:

To be honest, it's not picky if it was something like one front wing or different mirrors but the whole car is completely different looking.
LMR Zakspeed
LMR Zakspeed

TORA Race Number : 62
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 853
Registration date : 2012-07-19

http://teamlmr.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DeweyTee Fri 4 Sep 2015 - 18:20

ErebusV8 wrote:So, I think I have to save up for an Xbox One, Forza 4 is great, but I need Bathurst and new V8s and Indycar and FM6 in general
$40 down, $510 to go then I can get the 1TB hard drive and Forza 6
https://content.ebgames.com.au/website/images/detail/202599_detail_v2.jpg

or go $400 for preowned console and $100 for the game, but $50 more gets me a new console and double the HDD

Decisions decisions
For a paltry $50 it seems like you get a lot more for your money...... you know what to do!
DeweyTee
DeweyTee

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2011-12-21

Back to top Go down

Post by FSR Groves Fri 4 Sep 2015 - 19:13

A few people on YouTube have gotten a hold of the full game today. Here's a video showing every single car in the game at launch (including the DLC available at launch):

And also this video from Failrace makes a TCC season look exciting. The Honda WTCC is more powerful than the BTCC cars according to him, but he says that it is more difficult to drive:

FSR Groves
FSR Groves

TORA Race Number : 96
PC Xbox One

Registration date : 2013-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Fri 4 Sep 2015 - 19:48

^ So if TCC were all on wet tracks, the WTCC Honda would be balanced? I really do hope there are other ways of achieving this.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by FSR Groves Fri 4 Sep 2015 - 20:11

Flyin Mikey J wrote:^ So if TCC were all on wet tracks, the WTCC Honda would be balanced? I really do hope there are other ways of achieving this.

I would suggest giving it a power handicap like the DBR9 had in GT series a while ago. That seemed to work then? I wouldn't know tbh as I haven't balanced a car before
FSR Groves
FSR Groves

TORA Race Number : 96
PC Xbox One

Registration date : 2013-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Fri 4 Sep 2015 - 20:20

Could always give the other cars a little PI bump too. I am 100% confident that we'll find a right proper balance for the coming series.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleaver Fri 4 Sep 2015 - 23:35

The British 1st wrote:The cars handle like they have ridiculous amount of over steer also the breaks are also terrible they lock up under breaking way to easy....

The stock tunes in Forza have always leaned towards understeer. It seems like they will be far more neutral this time around. A quick suspension and brake pressure tune will get your car feeling how you want.

Fleaver

TORA Race Number : 123
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2011-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by RW26 BLAZE Wed 9 Sep 2015 - 14:25

well the Forza Fuel event has now finish and like to pass a Congratulations to our TORA President who has got the slot for Travelling to COTA next week.

have fun matt.
RW26 BLAZE
RW26 BLAZE

TORA Race Number : 515
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2012-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by MaynardMK4 Wed 9 Sep 2015 - 14:40

Did he get in the top 2 from the UK? Or was he the random 3rd person?

Either way congratulations!
MaynardMK4
MaynardMK4

TORA Race Number : 45
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2012-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by RW26 BLAZE Wed 9 Sep 2015 - 14:46

the 3rd random person

the BAM squad pretty much destroyed everyones time
RW26 BLAZE
RW26 BLAZE

TORA Race Number : 515
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2012-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Wed 9 Sep 2015 - 16:08

Scott Woodwiss, who has commentated on our Motors TV productions, will also be in attendance at COTA Smile

Was originally going to be Jake Sanson but he apparently couldn't make it unfortunately
Standaman94
Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7383
Registration date : 2010-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Wed 9 Sep 2015 - 17:34

I'm part of the team but I'm not one of the racers Wink
All will be revealed soon. I'm effectively the Forza 'Expert' for the UK and of course I'll be doing my best to make sure the guys on track are well prepped.

I'd really appreciate it if as many people as possible can go and throw their support behind Team UK Smile
Matt
Matt

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14648
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down