TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Is Project Cars offically dead? EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Is Project Cars offically dead? EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Is Project Cars offically dead? EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Is Project Cars offically dead? EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Is Project Cars offically dead? EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Is Project Cars offically dead? EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Is Project Cars offically dead? EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Is Project Cars offically dead? EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Is Project Cars offically dead? EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Is Project Cars offically dead?

+19
HCR generaltso
Fleaver
DSRL Webbers88
Matt
PTG Chungus
Mrbrown33
IBlueIJaBBRexI
EVR Chiraq
TechnologicMau5
LMR Deftone MX
Zeta0085
jonnotheone
LMR Sahara
ATP Wheelwash
Ax4x Mikey J
ATP Ginge
EZT MAKO 6669
Apoc112
ATP Fenboy
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is Project Cars offically dead? Empty Is Project Cars offically dead?

Post by ATP Fenboy Mon 31 Aug 2015 - 13:56

Witt the British GT's being rearranged to avoid a clash with Forza 6 release is it safe to say this Sundays race will the last organised by TORA on Project Cars?

Will we have to make do with no tyre wear? no fuel strategy? Qualifying with ghosts rather than deal with traffic like in real motorsport? Not being able to change a set up during a quali session? Weather limited to a handful of tracks? Not being able to race at whatever time of day you like and being able to accelerate time so in theory you can replicate a 24hr time scale over 30 minutes or so?

Having to use a clutch to change gears even if the car hasn't got a third pedal? Drivers getting punished for using assists like ABS even if the car they’re driving would use ABS in real life? I still smile at being able to stall a car if you don't dip the clutch when stopping or after a crash. As real as it gets?

I’m assuming that Turn 10 haven’t included this features, they haven’t so far. But it’s not all doom and gloom at least we can paint (assuming that's your thing and your good at it).

I know it’s tricky to build into organised racing but I loved the authentic reaction start compared to the 3-2-1 hold you revs and everyone goes at the same time that Forza has offered.

I understand that on (delayed) release Pcars wasn’t perfect, I’m not sure if the lobby chat is fixed but in my opinion there’s so many things it does better than Forza 5 and probably Forza 6.

To quote a famous piece of graffiti on the M6 motorway – Give Pcars a chance.

ATP Fenboy
ATP Fenboy

TORA Race Number : 833
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2013-03-09

Back to top Go down

Is Project Cars offically dead? Empty Re: Is Project Cars offically dead?

Post by Apoc112 Mon 31 Aug 2015 - 14:38

I haven't entered a TORA event yet in Pcars, but I'm not sure I'd even attempt it in the current state of things on Xbox One.

I have been trying to play online since day one, and my success rate for connecting to a lobby and staying in a session through the end of a race is about 35%. It lets me in the lobby with the drive button grayed out, drops me from the session between quali and the race, or it crashes to dash mid-race... and doesn't seem to have improved even after patch 3.0

The physics and multitude of race options are fantastic, but until the infrastructure is improved, I don't think I will invest any of my time into events based around it

Apoc112

TORA Race Number : 358
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2013-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post by EZT MAKO 6669 Mon 31 Aug 2015 - 15:00

ATP Fenboy wrote:

To quote a famous piece of graffiti on the M6 motorway – Give Pcars a chance.

We've given it a lot of chances and most of us can't wait for Forza 6! Cool

Is Project Cars offically dead? Y4AOm8B

Is Project Cars offically dead? Y4movPdIlYxvVboZf8g041PCZfF5YuW2Z9nt8ICgoFosZInf4wyO2gspu6tP18cB9E8t-2yOsFPNGkOCk_8qyidyYR0ZLrsIfcBx__TQXuvskFfKHVi_If9EjyY2DkuSzDtMiehy9fURm60uWboMdNetJNLCClH3ixM0_dciwgGiLz6Uev8fTipBuZNVqdIYp_9g5PUBHMB4kXfjQXzxhRcdg?width=280&height=45&cropmode=none
EZT Motorsport: P r i d e | H o n o r | I n t e g r i t y - Not just a team, but a way of life![/url]

----------> insert ribbons here

ok then Is Project Cars offically dead? MMW7lPFIs Project Cars offically dead? Ugzq3mEIs Project Cars offically dead? SyP3J7VIs Project Cars offically dead? ThRRsUxIs Project Cars offically dead? UDO8mUuIs Project Cars offically dead? DG54pTI Smile
EZT MAKO 6669
EZT MAKO 6669

TORA Race Number : 163
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 4314
Registration date : 2014-08-05

http://www.eztmotorsport.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by ATP Ginge Mon 31 Aug 2015 - 15:39

I think it probably will be, unless Forza 6 replicates Forza 5 and is decreed useless and cast away like the original Forza 5 was by so many.......

So many great features and race scenarios that have yet to be used and a developer that is trying to appease the situation with patches coming out does not look like it can stand up to the Turn 10 visual extravaganza that is Forza.

Sad news as I think PC has a lot to offer, OK not perfect but is getting there, but so many have had a downer on it since day one release, I doubt it would ever of made it with such negativity from a release.
ATP Ginge
ATP Ginge

TORA Race Number : 555
Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2012-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Mon 31 Aug 2015 - 15:45

It's safe to say that PCars does have a lot of potential, once all the bugs get exterminated. However, until that happens...

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by ATP Ginge Mon 31 Aug 2015 - 15:52

Flyin Mikey J wrote:It's safe to say that PCars does have a lot of potential, once all the bugs get exterminated. However, until that happens...

Exactly what bugs are stopping the racing and causing such negativity, granted I don't have a wheel so don't suffer from those issues, but drivability seems to be good on patch 3.0..???

The lobby chat is the only real problem for me, most other things are manageable and the series could be set to suit.
ATP Ginge
ATP Ginge

TORA Race Number : 555
Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2012-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by ATP Wheelwash Mon 31 Aug 2015 - 15:58

I personally dont think Project CARS is dead, far from it in fact. I will admit in the house of Moo it is, as i traded it in for my boy to get a couple of games for his Playstation. I looked at the bigger picture for myself and what i want from a game for my racing, which these days is reduced in time for racing as theres other things like real life to do. As you know with me Mr Fenboy, i enjoy the painting and a photo or two when time allows, two dimensions in which Project CARS failed miserably in. The racing was great, loved the helmet cam for example and you can see why Project CARS will have a life on sites like TORA as its a different dimension to Forza Motorsports in so many different ways.

For me, i loved Forza Motorsports 5, in my opinion it turned into a great wee game over the course of the first six months, it does everything i need it to do and with free time in short supply these days, i decided to stick with the Forza Motorsports option, as thats what i get the most out of and with a limited opportunity to race, let alone the chance to run a full serious, its something i can pick up and enjoy the practicing with, the tuning is completely unrealistic and limited, just like my knowledge of tuning and the real racers are have talent all state that Project CARS is way ahead of Forza 5, and since Forza 6 is looking more like a bigger version of Forza 5, that will probably remain the case.

Im guessing it will be like the PC has been for years, iRacing, Asserto Corsa, rFactor, now Project CARS, you invest your time and effort into the one that suits you better, this will be the case on the Xbox One, just with the numbers being as low as they are these days, the days of Forza 4 and the 100+ entrants are gone, probably for a look time to come in the future, after all, Forza 4 and the Xbox 360 still has that popularity, it may well be the most popular of the three games on Xbox.

I guess with TORA, we do have the choice, they haven't made any announcements this time around about the future being Forza 6, thankfully that lesson appears to have been learnt twice and im sure the two games will compliment each other and the various tastes, the grids may be smaller, but thats been the case for nearly two years now since the Xbox One was launched, Project CARS has many advantages, as well as disadvantages, but it has its followers and is ideal for some racers like yourself, once the realism of Forza 6 and the release is died down, im sure the Project CARS section will start to fill up again, afterall its not like Forza 6 will be the perfect game either
ATP Wheelwash
ATP Wheelwash

TORA Race Number : #16
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2012-08-09

http://www.vtcc.online/

Back to top Go down

Post by EZT MAKO 6669 Mon 31 Aug 2015 - 15:58

Pcars is a beautiful game with many features that I do really like. Unfortunately, besides being buggy, there are aspects I don't like. I simply cannot grasp the tuning as yet, and the AI is as horrid as Forza, which was a MAJOR disappointment for me. I simply do not have fun playing it, and therein lies the rub. For a game to be successful, it has to be fun above anything else. The only time I've had any real fun is racing with a few friends over at XPLR, and even then I come in last far behind them.

Is Project Cars offically dead? Y4movPdIlYxvVboZf8g041PCZfF5YuW2Z9nt8ICgoFosZInf4wyO2gspu6tP18cB9E8t-2yOsFPNGkOCk_8qyidyYR0ZLrsIfcBx__TQXuvskFfKHVi_If9EjyY2DkuSzDtMiehy9fURm60uWboMdNetJNLCClH3ixM0_dciwgGiLz6Uev8fTipBuZNVqdIYp_9g5PUBHMB4kXfjQXzxhRcdg?width=280&height=45&cropmode=none
EZT Motorsport: P r i d e | H o n o r | I n t e g r i t y - Not just a team, but a way of life![/url]

ok then Is Project Cars offically dead? MMW7lPFIs Project Cars offically dead? Ugzq3mEIs Project Cars offically dead? SyP3J7VIs Project Cars offically dead? ThRRsUxIs Project Cars offically dead? UDO8mUuIs Project Cars offically dead? DG54pTI Smile
EZT MAKO 6669
EZT MAKO 6669

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Sahara Mon 31 Aug 2015 - 16:22

Update 3.0 enabled for us to spectate during races now. I mean, if TORA could make use of that for race coverage I wouldn't say so.
LMR Sahara
LMR Sahara

TORA Race Number : 195
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1010
Registration date : 2012-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by jonnotheone Mon 31 Aug 2015 - 16:38

The latest patch on p.cars has made coms online work but its not great i was in a lobby last night and heard 14 of the 15 other drivers i was with so the amount in a lobby has improved and so has coms..imo the bgt series was destin to fail becouse there was no prep done for it game was not tested by the community or staff (im not bashing anyone)but failing to prepare is preparing to fail p.cars still can offer so much for tora but it needs to be thought out and tested fully.imo that is..
jonnotheone
jonnotheone

TORA Race Number : 66
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1151
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeta0085 Mon 31 Aug 2015 - 20:51

I think TORA will have events for PCARS when time allows it. Still miffed on the Media side and will have to download the 3.0 patch before jumping back in.

The game is still sitting on a pile of other unused titles for me, though.
Zeta0085
Zeta0085

PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1637
Registration date : 2012-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Deftone MX Mon 31 Aug 2015 - 23:23

jonnotheone wrote:The latest patch on p.cars has made coms online work but its not great i was in a lobby last night and heard 14 of the 15 other drivers i was with so the amount in a lobby has improved and so has coms..imo the bgt series was destin to fail becouse there was no prep done for it game was not tested by the community or staff (im not bashing anyone)but failing to prepare is preparing to fail p.cars still can offer so much for tora but it needs to be thought out and tested fully.imo that is..

British GT hasnt failed. Best series I've seen on PCAR's yet.
LMR Deftone MX
LMR Deftone MX

TORA Race Number : 275
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3634
Registration date : 2012-06-18

http://teamlmr.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ATP Fenboy Tue 1 Sep 2015 - 9:37

Loved the GT's, best series I've raced on the One.

The point is Forza will look brilliant, you can paint, and should be very drivable. As long as every other series isn't a touring car or Oz V8 it's not legs.
PCars in my opinion works better for online racing, so many great features and I believe it would be a shame if it was sent to the glue factory, especially now it's (almost) fixed.
ATP Fenboy
ATP Fenboy

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by TechnologicMau5 Tue 1 Sep 2015 - 21:51

P.CARS Is by no means dead, especially with the countless updates looming in the future. It just doesn't have enough stability yet to handle the bigger series at TORA.

Despite having the time and weather options, TEC is practically impossible on P.CARS. Not to mention that the only race this series where I've had no framerate issues or rubber-banding was at Spa, the only time I wasn't hosting. Other hosts' experiences may differ, and I have yet to try the game with my new external HD (which thanks to the wonderful Xbox engineers is faster than internals -_- ), but the game and it's lobby stability is just not able to cope with racing for 6-24 hours without falling ridiculously far behind, dropping more and more competitors along the way. Although it wasn't ideal on Forza 5 either, people managed to figure it out, and a 24 hour race went ahead with almost no more issues than what was had on Forza 4. If Forza 6 can at least keep that stability while adding a few more cars to the grid, I will be more than happy.

As for media stuff, yes, P.CARS has spectating now! Too bad they still haven't fixed the bug that keeps everyone's engines from bouncing back and forth between the same 500rpm area as they accelerate. If thrown into proper coverage, that bug alone reeks of the turmoil the game has faced so far, and just seems silly to watch, making "professional" coverage still impossible.

P.CARS will certainly survive as it has some significant qualities compared to Forza, but it alone just can't carry as much weight for us as Forza can. Through updates, it might be able to someday, but as of right now, Forza 6 seems like it will allow us to get back to some of the things that TORA has been sorely missing for the past couple of years.

Is Project Cars offically dead? Sig20111
Is Project Cars offically dead? SZURIXJIs Project Cars offically dead? MzPrStAIs Project Cars offically dead? 3mPrZ2XIs Project Cars offically dead? LnW3tW1
Is Project Cars offically dead? WNF2dBuIs Project Cars offically dead? 6Rj7CDcIs Project Cars offically dead? 1dijzevIs Project Cars offically dead? EoWXJFz

Griptek Performance Leader/Manager
Circuit Racer, Tuner & Painter
Drive clean. Drive fast.

TechnologicMau5
TechnologicMau5

TORA Race Number : 30
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 938
Registration date : 2014-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by EVR Chiraq Thu 3 Sep 2015 - 11:02

No way it's dead. The amount of different series we can make is huge. Multi-class, DTM, GT3 only etc. etc. there is still plenty to do and I don't understand the Forza 6 hype. Don't worry Fenboy PC is not dead, it's so much fun online. We started the British GT series with a Project Cars full of bugs, lags and other miseries. I can understand that some people are annoyed by the lags and crashes but just give the game some time. I mean theres no big publisher behind the game so bugs here and there are maybe caused by the lack of money (maybe?). I think everyone here wants proper racing weekends and the game is perfect for that and I think Forza will not be near it in terms of authenticity. I'm just waiting for the feature to create own paintjobs on Xbox One like the PC gamers have!
EVR Chiraq
EVR Chiraq

TORA Race Number : 130
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2014-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by IBlueIJaBBRexI Thu 3 Sep 2015 - 12:17

I played cars for the first time online which was qualifying for BGT and found nothing to complain about I enjoyed every min I just think people gave up too early and think turn 10 will prevail considering there last 3 games after forza 4 were terrible.
IBlueIJaBBRexI
IBlueIJaBBRexI

TORA Race Number : 646
Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2012-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrbrown33 Sat 12 Sep 2015 - 12:35

Apparently pcars is officially an esports game, lmao! Good luck with that. All I hope at some point in the near future they finally give us the game we paid for.
Mrbrown33
Mrbrown33

TORA Race Number : 335
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2013-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by EVR Chiraq Mon 5 Oct 2015 - 16:55

Sooooo..... 2 months passed and no announcements for PC yet... there will be announcements soon they said... Forza 6 has already two championships overhyped much? lol!

Nvm I'm gonna sit here and wait Sleep
EVR Chiraq
EVR Chiraq

TORA Race Number : 130
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2014-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by EZT MAKO 6669 Mon 5 Oct 2015 - 18:48

Sorry bud, but I'm having way more fun in FM6 than I ever had in Pcars.......

EZT MAKO 6669
EZT MAKO 6669

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Mon 5 Oct 2015 - 21:11

Chiraq OTF wrote:Sooooo..... 2 months passed and no announcements for PC yet... there will be announcements soon they said... Forza 6 has already two championships overhyped much? lol!

Nvm I'm gonna sit here and wait Sleep

Sorry mate, but it seems that all Staff is currently sorting FM6 projects, for the very reasons that EZT MAKO has stated...

EZT MAKO 6669 wrote:Sorry bud, but I'm having way more fun in FM6 than I ever had in Pcars.......

For years, Forza 4 was the standard for competitive online racing. It was hoped that Project Cars would be the successor, but in part due to game flaws and in part to lack of options and features that were found in Forza 2/3/4 that were lacking in PCars, it would simply not support everything that we do here at TORA as well as it seems that Forza 6 can.

However, once we get our current FM6 content developed, there is a chance that we will revisit PCars, and hopefully with the various updates and patches, PCars will be ready for us then.

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by PTG Chungus Tue 6 Oct 2015 - 13:59

in leymans terms
it is [Censored] ATM until it is fixed fully to a extent of FM4 standered it wont be used

A lobby Backmarker
Standard Fat guy
Pendulum tuning Garage Drivet

1st 4X TORA TCC Privateer, TORA Big rigs privateer, TORA AM IRON privateer ACCR LMP PRO, GT3, GTO & Touring masters.
PTG DTCC Drivers and privateer winner Season 2
2nd V8 Supercars, TCC 2022, PTG DTCC Drivers title
( Also double OMA TCC Privateer and team hard champion...but...yanno...wooden spoon things)
( Insert Ribbons & TORA Role here)
Is Project Cars offically dead? PbNPSDnIs Project Cars offically dead? PNUZuSu
PTG Chungus
PTG Chungus

TORA Race Number : 666
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 1569
Registration date : 2014-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Tue 6 Oct 2015 - 14:06

We essentially ran the British GT (successfully I might add) while the game was being patched around us/ With each patch came more usability and it's unfortunate the features we needed came too late in the day to be of much use to the series.
CARS on TORA is not dead. We are looking at all of our options and of course I have to also respect the wishes of SRO. Ulitmately, I think that a lot of people got dispondent with the game far too quickly. It was never going to be a Forza clone (which I think is what some expected) The main issue from our side was that we are not provided with some fairly essential tools to make the championship the best it could be.
That being said, we will continue to look at CARS and we will never discount using it. I'm talking to the developers occasionally and everything is very positive.
We need to see how everything stands when the hype over FM6 has died down.
Remain patient, CARS still has a future here Smile

Is Project Cars offically dead? EwVLgo3
Is Project Cars offically dead? Beechdsig_zps2e9ae73f
Matt
Matt

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14648
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ATP Fenboy Wed 7 Oct 2015 - 19:46

Flyin Mikey J wrote:For years, Forza 4 was the standard for competitive online racing. It was hoped that Project Cars would be the successor, but in part due to game flaws and in part to lack of options and features that were found in Forza 2/3/4 that were lacking in PCars, it would simply not support everything that we do here at TORA as well as it seems that Forza 6 can.

I completely understand that on (a delayed) release Project Cars was flawed. As far as I'm aware the only thing that isn't working is lobby chat. Likely that works perfectly in Forza...

Lack of options and features? What other options do you want?

Proper weather on all tracks?
Seamless changes between weather?
Seamless change between day and night?
Tyre wear that can be accelerated?
Different tyre compounds on cars that would use different compounds.
Full control over fuelling?
Qualifying without ghosts which for me was brillaint?
The option of a proper reaction start?
Affordable DLC?
and probably a few more I've missed.

A few more cars wouldn't go a miss, however the British GT only scratched the surface of the available cars.

Don't get me wrong Forza is a good game and it appears to feature realistic tyre wear & loads of cars. the handling is very good and as you would expect it looks brilliant (with the exception of a few missing / additional trackside buildings / grandstands on Silverstone National).

The weather (rain either on or off) is a bit lame as is the day / night when you compare it to Project Cars.

As far as features go I can't think of anything that Forza has that would make a big difference to Project Cars?

At the end of the day its up to TORA, if they don't want to run Project Cars then that's fine with me - your site to do whatever you want with, however I do feel the need to defend a really good game that in my opinion has been underutilised.

"As real as it get"

How real do you want it?
ATP Fenboy
ATP Fenboy

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRL Webbers88 Wed 7 Oct 2015 - 20:12

I absolutely love project cars. Does it have flaws? Yes! But that doesn't mean that it isn't a brilliant game. The physics are are beyond what forza has IMO and I think it's great that TORA is still going to run a series using PCars.

DSRL Webbers88

TORA Race Number : 400
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2009-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleaver Wed 14 Oct 2015 - 18:12

Project Cars is a wondrous game. However, after losing all of my data due to a silly ongoing bug, I will not return until that is fixed.

Fleaver

TORA Race Number : 123
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2011-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next