TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
MSA TORA Daytona 24H - General Discussion - Page 14 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
MSA TORA Daytona 24H - General Discussion - Page 14 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
MSA TORA Daytona 24H - General Discussion - Page 14 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
MSA TORA Daytona 24H - General Discussion - Page 14 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
MSA TORA Daytona 24H - General Discussion - Page 14 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
MSA TORA Daytona 24H - General Discussion - Page 14 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
MSA TORA Daytona 24H - General Discussion - Page 14 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
MSA TORA Daytona 24H - General Discussion - Page 14 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
MSA TORA Daytona 24H - General Discussion - Page 14 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

MSA TORA Daytona 24H - General Discussion

+77
Amarth
Hailfire97x
XPR Roadrunner
HCR Saga
CQR Shifty
LMR Manthey
HCR Skodaboie
Ax4x Broomz
Zeta0085
TSR Eyles
ScottyMadeIt
TLR Scrublord
F4H bandicoot
CQR Rogue
xVampirAx
F4H Button
Manuel CR
VVM DirtyDawg
TyrannicCymbals
Schmitty72
DSRL Webbers88
HCR Bellmond
Ax4x Mikun
FreshCubanBread
CrashCaderz
ART Carrera
HCR Motorhead
TechnologicMau5
TJSteel
SFM Benedict
galeforce97
KZX Spider
Scav3nger
Miiraki
HCR Hamish
WRA Glory
LMR MountainMan
BigBen13x
BAM Leigh
WRA Tower
WRA JoeVIR
F4H Hakkinen
Joito04
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
DonatedSatyr227
FSR Groves
LMR Hybrid
MaynardMK4
Om3ga73
SVR Solar
jonnotheone
LMR DarthMario
Lonewolf8664
CQR Aero
AAR ABEnstein
LMR Sahara
connor7195
xebot360
STR stug77
Ax4x Chaddy
AdamWatson99
Diablo 29x
theboomeranga
ShrinkingSteven
SGR Amber
Freheliaz
HCR generaltso
dave sp2
PTG Chungus
DDM Driv3
LZR Harmonic
Fleaver
LRT Dan
Zabbzi
Ax4x Mikey J
Matt
LMR Deftone MX
81 posters

Page 14 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next

Go down

MSA TORA Daytona 24H - General Discussion - Page 14 Empty Re: MSA TORA Daytona 24H - General Discussion

Post by Om3ga73 Mon 25 Jan 2016 - 1:05

LMR Harmonic wrote:
TLR GearHead V wrote:
Om3ga73 wrote:
Hunty1981 wrote:on the start finish the is a apron he could use until safe to return to the track

In an LMP1, pit stops are dictated by fuel. If he was going to stop anyway, then you are saying it's safer to go through the entire infield at 2 miles an hour rather than use the grass miles from the track to safely reach pits.

^ Exactly! Also, keep in mind another competitor prevented him of entering the pit road. Also the time he lost turning around should already be a consequence. And finally, Harmonic, stop trying to be the super hero here. You'll never be like Collin

GripTek was disqualified for stint 4 despite getting knocked off the pit entry, so why should a car that missed a pit entirely of its own accord be given any grace?

Because the GripTek penalty doesn't make sense either.
Om3ga73
Om3ga73

TORA Race Number : 73
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2012-07-03

http://msmnation.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

MSA TORA Daytona 24H - General Discussion - Page 14 Empty Re: MSA TORA Daytona 24H - General Discussion

Post by ScottyMadeIt Mon 25 Jan 2016 - 1:07

HCR Solar wrote:i told you, i was only told some stuff, and said if 1 team has done it and got a penalty and then another has either give them the penalty or take away the other teams penalty i split it down the middle, so yano, anyways its not my Role anymore its a Staff Issue to deal with not a Stewards so if Overdrive would politely apologise for Insulting me ill be on my Way

Apologize... after you made the first slick and smug comment at me...Who do you think you are?
ScottyMadeIt
ScottyMadeIt

TORA Race Number : 90
Xbox One Mac

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post by TSR Eyles Mon 25 Jan 2016 - 1:10

The Griptek penalty does, the pit lane starts after the final corner on the banking and there is a lot of area to avoid another car. If he has cut across another the last second it is the griptek drivers fault
TSR Eyles
TSR Eyles

TORA Race Number : 496
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2014-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Mon 25 Jan 2016 - 1:11

ENOUGH please take it to PMs
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Mon 25 Jan 2016 - 1:11

TLR Overdrive wrote:
HCR Solar wrote:i told you, i was only told some stuff, and said if 1 team has done it and got a penalty and then another has either give them the penalty or take away the other teams penalty i split it down the middle, so yano, anyways its not my Role anymore its a Staff Issue to deal with not a Stewards so if Overdrive would politely apologise for Insulting me ill be on my Way

Apologize... after you made the first slick and smug comment at me...Who do you think you are?
wasnt a slick and Smug Comment, like i said, i did not see the Post where Techno said your name, if you would of read my post before you insulted me you would off seen that, i apologize for not been up to scratch where your name was mentioned forgive me Smile, and im someone who doesnt take kindly to someone who believes they can go around on Forums calling people whoever the hell they like 

and on that note this is a STAFF ISSUE Now, if you have problems with the Penalty take it up with them im sure they will put a post in soon declaring there decision upon this.
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

TORA Race Number : 202
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2014-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by MaynardMK4 Mon 25 Jan 2016 - 1:19

" For the remainder of the stints, drivers will get into single file order on the front straight before setting off on the first lap, and will begin racing out of turn 3. The field is to begin racing no later than 1 minute into the session, to ensure there is balance over both lobbies. The grid for each stint will be taken by the finishing positions from the previous stint. If that information cant be retrieved, the grid will fall back to the stint prior's finishing order."

Above is the stated starting procedure in the rules and regulations thread for this race. Why was we doing 1sec per car roll of delay with the grid ordered by PI in B lobby? The highest PI car in the lobby was getting around 7-8 seconds advantage over the last starting car. That's around a minute and a half over the course of the race which equals 1 or 2 miles lost sitting on the grid.
MaynardMK4
MaynardMK4

TORA Race Number : 45
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2012-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Mon 25 Jan 2016 - 1:22

Maynard093 wrote:" For the remainder of the stints, drivers will get into single file order on the front straight before setting off on the first lap, and will begin racing out of turn 3. The field is to begin racing no later than 1 minute into the session, to ensure there is balance over both lobbies. The grid for each stint will be taken by the finishing positions from the previous stint. If that information cant be retrieved, the grid will fall back to the stint prior's finishing order."

Above is the stated starting procedure in the rules and regulations thread for this race. Why was we doing 1sec per car roll of delay with the grid ordered by PI in B lobby? The highest PI car in the lobby was getting around 7-8 seconds advantage over the last starting car. That's around a minute and a half over the course of the race which equals 1 or 2 miles lost sitting on the grid.
in A Lobby there was no 1 second roll off Delay bud, the host should of put you into Qualifying Order as that what the other Lobby was doing i believe like Harmonic has posted else where, im sure the organizers will take this on the Chin and make sure Sebring is better Organized then this 1 Smile
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

Xbox 360 PC

Back to top Go down

Post by TechnologicMau5 Mon 25 Jan 2016 - 1:24

TLR Overdrive wrote:There isn't even proof of me doing this. Since when do we take the word of other competitors when issuing penalties???

By the sound of this I take it they didn't contact you either? I know xl IC3MaN412 lx received his penalty without any communication from Stewards or Staff. I don't recall it being stated that standard inquiry procedure was being thrown in the garbage for these races.
TechnologicMau5
TechnologicMau5

TORA Race Number : 30
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 938
Registration date : 2014-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by MaynardMK4 Mon 25 Jan 2016 - 1:25

So the Audi's lose time because someone couldn't follow the posted rules that all competitors are expected to read. I don't think I heard anyone mention a change to the starting procedure either during any of my stints. Isn't this something all drivers should of been made aware of if rules are changed mid race?
MaynardMK4
MaynardMK4

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by ScottyMadeIt Mon 25 Jan 2016 - 1:27

TechnologicMau5 wrote:
TLR Overdrive wrote:There isn't even proof of me doing this. Since when do we take the word of other competitors when issuing penalties???

By the sound of this I take it they didn't contact you either? I know xl IC3MaN412 lx received his penalty without any communication from Stewards or Staff. I don't recall it being stated that standard inquiry procedure was being thrown in the garbage for these races.

That is correct... I was watching football, got on facebook and saw I was stripped from this win. My teammates told me.
ScottyMadeIt
ScottyMadeIt

TORA Race Number : 90
Xbox One Mac

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Mon 25 Jan 2016 - 1:28

Staff Issue, im only going off what A Lobby did dude sorry to hear that the Audi lost some time cause of the mishaps

like i say we will push on from this im sure the Staff and people who worked on the BoP's are working hard already to make sure Sebring is alot better.
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

Xbox 360 PC

Back to top Go down

Post by TechnologicMau5 Mon 25 Jan 2016 - 1:30

At this rate, there won't be many of us at Sebring
TechnologicMau5
TechnologicMau5

TORA Race Number : 30
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 938
Registration date : 2014-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by MaynardMK4 Mon 25 Jan 2016 - 1:37

It was nothing to do with BoP's. Just happened the Audi has the lowest PI so gets put last when the grid is ordered by PI. It wouldn't of been an issue if the correct starting procedure had been followed.

Feels like B lobby was an after thought to be honest. Lots of lost invites and a Lack of any real communication in regards to delayed stints.

Stint 5 (10pm-12am) didn't start until well after 11pm. A simple message to let competitors know the schedule was running behind would of been nice as we ended up with people being unable to do their stints due to the delays.

The no double stinting rule is a joke. You've got to wait for everyone, Or no one. Why is it that everyone taking part in stint 5 was made to wait well over an hour for someone double stinting with stint 4 behind schedule. Yet when we had a driver covering for someone who had overslept (Due to all the delays pushing their stints way into the early hours of the morning) the final stint couldn't wait 45 minutes for our driver. Not to impressed to be honest. TORA has hosting some great endurance races, But this wasn't one of them.
MaynardMK4
MaynardMK4

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by MaynardMK4 Mon 25 Jan 2016 - 1:40

I'm not trying to have a go at the staff or put them down because I know what goes into these events, But as a driver I know myself and everyone else taking part has also put a lot into this. Practicing for hours on end to compete. But it just feels like wasted time now.
MaynardMK4
MaynardMK4

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Mon 25 Jan 2016 - 1:51

Dont Forget the Streamers Maynard Wink hahaha
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

Xbox 360 PC

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Motorhead Mon 25 Jan 2016 - 1:55

HCR Solar wrote:Dont Forget the Streamers Maynard Wink hahaha

Your strimming was top notch! Smile
HCR Motorhead
HCR Motorhead

TORA Race Number : 4
PC Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2012-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Mon 25 Jan 2016 - 1:56

HCR Motorhead wrote:

Strimming FTW dude, never actually done Live Comms before, so for it to kinda well as it did, im happy, im only used to speaking about RPG Games that i play or to the viewers alot so yano it was a good Experience Smile
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

Xbox 360 PC

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Motorhead Mon 25 Jan 2016 - 1:59

HCR Solar wrote:
HCR Motorhead wrote:

Strimming FTW dude, never actually done Live Comms before, so for it to kinda well as it did, im happy, im only used to speaking about RPG Games that i play or to the viewers alot so yano it was a good Experience Smile

You and me both. It was good viewing and a good team to talk with in my stint with you.
HCR Motorhead
HCR Motorhead

TORA Race Number : 4
PC Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2012-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by TJSteel Mon 25 Jan 2016 - 2:11

I honestly can't comment on the stints I never hosted, but the no double stinting rule seemed to work fine in A lobby at the end,

I was on early, everyone was in and parties setup, and we got started not long after 12, think it were like 12:10 or something.

If someone had have been late in A lobby for the last stint though, I'd have left them behind, no-one want's to run a 25 hour event really, it's tiring enough as it is so can understand if the host didn't wait too long.

I'm pretty confident though that the rest of the season is going to get better, but this can only happen if everyone does their part to help. As you probably know, we all do this because we want fun, and do it in our spare time. I've lost my whole weekend due to 1 race and probably going to loose most of the next week trying to pickup on resolving any issues I'm made aware of.

So instead of spending time with my family this weekend (including a 10 week old baby which I've had in one arm feeding his bottles, and the other arm updating spreadsheets lol) I've dedicated my time in trying to make sure you all have a fun weekend racing.

Obviously there are going to be some issues running an event this big and some people are going to have problems, that's inevitable, but as long as most of you enjoyed yourselves, that's enough for me.

It's now 2am and I need sleep so I can actually get up for work tomorrow and do my actual job, so night night everyone, hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did.

Any issues / suggestions feel free to PM me and I'll do my best to help you out, things tend to get missed when there are 18 pages in only 1 thread!

Jay
TJSteel
TJSteel

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1598
Registration date : 2014-04-24

http://happycatracing.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by BAM Leigh Mon 25 Jan 2016 - 2:20

7.5.15 It is prohibited for any competitor to come to a complete stop on or beside the circuit without good reason or the intention of retiring and leaving the race.
7.5.19 Driving the wrong way during any TORA meeting will result in DQ from the event even when cars are held in parc ferme conditions and the incident will be reported to the TORA steward team.

BAM Leigh

TORA Race Number : 519
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2015-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeta0085 Mon 25 Jan 2016 - 2:20

Hi folks, going for a post changer.

First and foremost, twas nice to return for comms and live streaming. With my connection not co-operating during stint 6, I asked solar to cover my last stint for the night (7). So, thank you solar.

A thank you as well to the folks in chat providing updates throughout the enduro.

I'll be coming back to the media side of things soon.. just asking for a little more time at the moment.

Until then, take care and see you soon.
Zeta0085
Zeta0085

PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1637
Registration date : 2012-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Broomz Mon 25 Jan 2016 - 3:09

Had very enjoyable time in all three lobbies I was in. Thanks to HCR TJSteel, xJohnGalt117x, LMR Blackhawk, Sub Zero Nova 2, HCR Skodaboie, Wood53y, mclarenfan007, Zeta0085, Om3ga73, HCR Solar, (for streams) and TyrannicCymbals and if I missed anybody out. I am sorry. Congrats to all the winners. Hope to see you all next time. Cool
Ax4x Broomz
Ax4x Broomz

TORA Race Number : #98
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 911
Registration date : 2012-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Deftone MX Mon 25 Jan 2016 - 3:35

Anyone who's in these threads stirring [Censored] up, bickering back and forth, making fights out of things that should be taken up privately, you're all in part responsible for ruining what used to be good about series racing.

I'm done here. And if anyone tries to say that's because of the TORA Staff, you're stupid, and ignorant. They're a great group doing the best they can and I'm sorry the community has turned into this disgraceful, unappreciative mess.

Very few of you here deserve the kind of race you're complaining about not having. And to those who do, your patience, understanding, and constructive attitude is always appreciated and never forgotten.

LMR Deftone MX
LMR Deftone MX

TORA Race Number : 275
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3634
Registration date : 2012-06-18

http://teamlmr.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Mon 25 Jan 2016 - 3:52

Cheers Collin. I hope to see you return at some point, or better yet, actually move to Oregon... then we can hang out at PIR or road trip to Seca.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Mon 25 Jan 2016 - 4:54

LMR Deftone MX wrote:

Very few of you here deserve the kind of race you're complaining about not having.

You know at first I was disappointed because we did not win, but after reflecting back on the past 24 hours and seeing so many people upset, i'm really happy with 3rd place and the race radiation engineering ran. We were 6 miles from the win and we were fighting among the leaders all damn race. We were competitive and able to take the fight to teams that honestly I thought would leave us behind.

great job boys. especially to louis and to cqr shifty for carrying the team on stints and getting us prepared with a paint and tunes.

We just showed up on time and did the damn thing.

Proud to put this race up there with one of better moments i've had on TORA.

HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

TORA Race Number : 12
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 5771
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next