TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Touring Masters US General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Touring Masters US General Discussion - Page 4 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Touring Masters US General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Touring Masters US General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Touring Masters US General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Touring Masters US General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Touring Masters US General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Touring Masters US General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Touring Masters US General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Touring Masters US General Discussion

+21
FRB Incognito
Basicblaq
Foreu2env
ATP Wheelwash
tRavis3672
ART Carrera
Hailfire97x
Evenstevers
DRR MrShannon2U
EZT Neo 45
vwdave92
SorrySmithy
some evil dude
HCCR Rabidus
Dominic Mako
VOL4LIFE2016
Mushy Purples
theboomeranga
connor7195
PROD DTechR
Ax4x Mikey J
25 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Touring Masters US General Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Touring Masters US General Discussion

Post by Team Green ZX10 Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 16:04

Dominic Mako wrote:

Edit: Oh yeah, and trying to go three wide around the most difficult turn on the track?  Brilliant.  Thanks for that too.

I really hate this, it happens all of the time in my online experience. There is plenty of time in these races to sit back a couple of turns and wait for a better passing area. There is no need to make reckless decisions at the cost of your own race as well as another person. That being said, I know there are risks involved with every turn, but honestly I'm pretty sure people were trying to pass in the 1st Gear chicane at Long Beach lol.
Team Green ZX10
Team Green ZX10

TORA Race Number : 352
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2016-06-03

Back to top Go down

Touring Masters US General Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Touring Masters US General Discussion

Post by DRR MrShannon2U Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 16:10

SorrySmithy wrote:
MrShannon2U wrote:It depends on the race, the lobby, and the series. Sucks that A lobby was like that. Sounds like B lobby at Long Beach. We do have stewards inquiries for a reason, but sadly they only do so much. Is there any system in place to penalize a repeat offender with, say a suspension, or removal from a series. It should discourage poor manners more than the slap on the wrist points deduction. Some people just don't learn and need to be penalized harder. That's just my two cents.

Depending on the incident the 1st offence is normally an place penalty, repeat offenders can receive DQ's and/or a championship ban.

I understand that. I just don't see it put into action consistently, that's all. I'm just here to have fun, so i try not to whine too much lol. Rolling Eyes
DRR MrShannon2U
DRR MrShannon2U

TORA Race Number : 203
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 269
Registration date : 2015-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Team Green ZX10 Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 16:42

I don't think it's whining when you're trying to have fun and there are people that ruin that lol.. That's why I joined this league, clean competitive racing, with a championship series with a point system.
Team Green ZX10
Team Green ZX10

TORA Race Number : 352
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2016-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBen13x Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 19:07

Team Green ZX10 wrote:I've never raced with TORA can anyone else testify with their own experiences..I'm hoping it's not like this.  I understand some bumping but we all have to know about braking basics when closely following another car.
I will say that for every one of these, there are ten unforgettable side-by-side races that make those few moments of stupidity worth it.
BigBen13x
BigBen13x

TORA Race Number : 13
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 2306
Registration date : 2014-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW tubbi Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 20:14

Side by side can be done on any track on any bend as long as the racing respect is there.
Golden rule is if you doubt yourself or the other guy dont do it.
I've raced on tora since its birth, in that time I've had only three si raised against me so I can testify the rule works, I'm also currently in third spot in the UK touring masters so it doesn't hinder performance.
Wait for the guy in front to make a mistake then pounce. Works every time.
Respect is paramount among us all that race here or we may as well go and race public lobbies.
Best of luck, race hard, race clean.
PLOW tubbi
PLOW tubbi

Number of posts : 1763
Registration date : 2008-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by DRR MrShannon2U Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 20:31

PLOW tubbi wrote:Side by side can be done on any track on any bend as long as the racing respect is there.
I've raced on tora since its birth, in that time I've had only three si raised against me so I can testify the rule works, I'm also currently in third spot in the UK touring masters so it doesn't hinder performance.
Respect is paramount among us all that race here or we may as well go and race public lobbies.

Well said. It really is about knowing your limits. I do the same thing; if I don't think i can make the move, I back off. I'm not going to jeopardize someone else's race just for one extra championship point. There's always one more corner, one more race, one more series. Cheers guys!
DRR MrShannon2U
DRR MrShannon2U

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Evenstevers Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 20:59

Does anyone have the replay from Lime Rock Lobby B? It turns out, last night while grillin' my chicken, JavituningPR threatens, in XLive Chat, that he is reporting me for the last race last night based off a "crash and mockery". I personally thought we had a great time in lobby B, and remember only some minor bumps and rubbing of the paints. If anyone else felt as though I acted in an unsportsmanlike manner, I do apologize, but the only incident I recall involving JavituningPR and myself was receiving a minor hit to the rear-end. I had mentioned comically that "i didn't need that boost", in an effort to be sportsman-like and keep the mood light. Apparently not. Did I offend anyone else? I sure hope not. P.S> I did clip the passenger side mirror off of my teammate RABIDUS RAGE's Cobra as he entered back on to the track (after an unscheduled impromptu detour), but that one was on purpose lol!

Last edited by Evenstevers on Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 21:05; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typos)

Evenstevers

TORA Race Number : 830
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2016-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by DRR MrShannon2U Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 21:32

I neither saw nor heard any unacceptable driving or begavior last night.
DRR MrShannon2U
DRR MrShannon2U

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by SorrySmithy Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 22:01

If there is any complaining about driving standards or any other events that happened throughout the race night then you should put in a Stewards Inquiry and be done with it. Forums are not the place to be calling out drivers, if you feel you must say something then work it out with said driver through a PM.

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com/t15734-tora-stewards-inquiry-submission-form
SorrySmithy
SorrySmithy

TORA Race Number : 5
Number of posts : 1886
Registration date : 2012-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Mako Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 22:20

Team Green ZX10 wrote:I've never raced with TORA can anyone else testify with their own experiences..I'm hoping it's not like this.  I understand some bumping but we all have to know about braking basics when closely following another car.

I think the rest of A Lobby had a positive experience at Lime Rock; however, this series has not been super clean. Eight of fourteen drivers had to be penalized from Spa, and the Long Beach race was the worst I've ever been involved in since FM3.

Honestly, I shouldn't even be making it into A Lobby. Before this, I hadn't done a league race in almost a year. Maybe next week will be a return to Lobby B form.
Dominic Mako
Dominic Mako

TORA Race Number : 428
Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2013-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 22:25

PLOW tubbi wrote:Side by side can be done on any track on any bend as long as the racing respect is there.

I've seen this first hand. It can be done. Matter of fact, in the original TM series on FM4, I had the honor of racing side by side with Tubbi for over a lap of Mugello, a notoriously narrow circuit, with never as much as a touch between us. I knew where he was, and made sure he knew I was there as well, by repeatedly saying "Still here" Wink
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by HCCR Rabidus Sat 18 Jun 2016 - 0:15

Evenstevers wrote:Does anyone have the replay from Lime Rock Lobby B? It turns out, last night while grillin' my chicken, JavituningPR threatens, in XLive Chat, that he is reporting me for the last race last night based off a "crash and mockery". I personally thought we had a great time in lobby B, and remember only some minor bumps and rubbing of the paints. If anyone else felt as though I acted in an unsportsmanlike manner, I do apologize, but the only incident I recall involving JavituningPR and myself was receiving a minor hit to the rear-end. I had mentioned comically that "i didn't need that boost", in an effort to be sportsman-like and keep the mood light. Apparently not. Did I offend anyone else? I sure hope not. P.S> I did clip the passenger side mirror off of my teammate RABIDUS RAGE's Cobra as he entered back on to the track (after an unscheduled impromptu detour), but that one was on purpose lol! 
I didn't need that mirror any way lol but JavituningPR did run into the back of me going into turn 1 while I was trying to hold off EZT Neo while in 2nd but no damage was takin and I never complained about it race incidents are exactly that also I never heard JavituningPR speak up as to who he was trying to get by the entire race

HCCR Rabidus

TORA Race Number : 157
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2016-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by DRR MrShannon2U Sat 18 Jun 2016 - 2:21

I'll echo SorrySmithy on this. Let's try to keep specifics private and either man to man, or via stewards inquiry. Personally, I don't like the smell of dirty laundry.

However, in general, this series has been the dirtiest I've seen of the few TORA series I've run. (Last night being a pleasant exception)
DRR MrShannon2U
DRR MrShannon2U

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Foreu2env Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 16:23

This week has been a mess for league racing... The Xbox & Forza issues have caused major frustrations to say the least.

First, Tuesday night in the CJ Wilson league, I had qualifying issues then I got disconnected from the lobby while leading the actual race in Lobby 3.

Last night after starting 8th then sliding back to 10th, I had worked my way back into 5th when my controller/wheel shut off as I hit the brakes going into turn 1, which resulted in my car slamming into the wall at full speed. After getting everything turned back on, I limped around the circuit and then out of nowhere Rabidus Rage helped push me back to the pits. Awesome move by a competitor.

Foreu2env
Foreu2env

TORA Race Number : 185
Xbox One Xbox 360

Registration date : 2016-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 16:55

^ I have had that controller off issue. It seems that after repeated battery changes, the hold downs wear out, and rumbles could actually shake it loose, thus disconnecting. The first time I thought it was a fluke, then it became recurring.

Turn down the amount of vibration for now, tape down the batt pack... but eventually you may need to replace the controller.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Mako Fri 8 Jul 2016 - 15:17

I'm not sure if it's still a work in progress, but I feel like the final standings might be a little off. I am listed below people missing three events, and my feature drop race isn't even my lowest scoring event.
Dominic Mako
Dominic Mako

TORA Race Number : 428
Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2013-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by SorrySmithy Fri 8 Jul 2016 - 15:23

should be fixed now
SorrySmithy
SorrySmithy

Back to top Go down

Post by EZT Neo 45 Tue 12 Jul 2016 - 15:32

Feedback thread?
EZT Neo 45
EZT Neo 45

TORA Race Number : 236
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 1024
Registration date : 2009-07-22

https://eztmotorsport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SorrySmithy Tue 12 Jul 2016 - 15:35

EZT Neo 45 wrote:Feedback thread?

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com/t17095-touring-masters-feedback#379263

Please use this thread for any feedback that you may have.

All feedback is welcome whether it be good or bad, anything you feel you can contribute to improve the series in the future is always welcome.
SorrySmithy
SorrySmithy

Back to top Go down

Post by EZT Neo 45 Tue 12 Jul 2016 - 15:53

Oh, I thought that was for the UK series only since that is where it was located.  Will post there!

Thanks!  cheers
EZT Neo 45
EZT Neo 45

TORA Race Number : 236
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 1024
Registration date : 2009-07-22

https://eztmotorsport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SorrySmithy Tue 12 Jul 2016 - 16:12

just renamed it, better to have all feedback in one place so nothing gets missed
SorrySmithy
SorrySmithy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4