TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: Lap Times - Page 4 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: Lap Times - Page 4 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: Lap Times - Page 4 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: Lap Times - Page 4 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: Lap Times - Page 4 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: Lap Times - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: Lap Times - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: Lap Times - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: Lap Times - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: Lap Times

+19
LMR Hybrid
xVampirAx
SVR Yamagura
LZR Harmonic
TFz Kami
Focusatze
DDM Driv3
HCR Motorhead
Miiraki
Freheliaz
MID LAND ZETA
Foreu2env
Simply Law
F4H Hakkinen
SFM Darkzer
SGR Amber
ESV Moshys
Veloce Virus
Diablo 29x
23 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: Lap Times - Page 4 Empty Re: TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: Lap Times

Post by Foreu2env Wed 30 Nov 2016 - 21:21

But I do agree with the idea that if your team is too far off GT pace, you should move to TCC so you can be more competitive
Foreu2env
Foreu2env

TORA Race Number : 185
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 269
Registration date : 2016-05-20

Back to top Go down

TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: Lap Times - Page 4 Empty Re: TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: Lap Times

Post by LZR Harmonic Wed 30 Nov 2016 - 21:26

Foreu2env wrote:Whats the starting procedure going to look like? If you give GT a head start ( either 2 minutes or roughly 10,000 feet) then the track layout should prevent top TCC traffic from catching slow GT traffic. If we start every stint that way then TCC wouldnt catch up to the back of GT other than as a reault of wrecks.

It's not as a result of wrecks, though. There are some TCC drivers that are quicker than a few GT drivers. I've seen some people close to or above 9 minutes in GT, and an average front running lap in TCC will be around 8:50 or so. That's going to cause some issues in at least one of the stints.
LZR Harmonic
LZR Harmonic

TORA Race Number : 273
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 1119
Registration date : 2013-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Miiraki Wed 30 Nov 2016 - 22:25

This is an issue I am part of (9:15) in GT. I am slow, and am only going to be slower in the TCC cars more than likely, so while moving to TCC seems a good idea, I'm just going to lose more time per lap there. Also what's the ruling re changing cars after qualifying? Can you even do that? I also don't really want to drop a car change on my team, we've been trying to improve and changing cars won't help
Miiraki
Miiraki

TORA Race Number : 44
Xbox One Mac

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2012-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by LZR Harmonic Wed 30 Nov 2016 - 23:19

No, you can't change after qualifying.

The issue isn't how fast or slow anyone goes; the issue is if a GT car is similar in pace to a TC car. GT cars should undoubtedly be faster, so if the GTs are running TC times, they're clearly making mistakes - mistakes that could prove disastrous to any TC cars nearby. One particular driver back at the TURN N12 almost destroyed multiple TC cars' races, one of which was a podium car. Had those drivers not been as skilled as they were to avoid him, chaos would've ensued.

In short, if you're behind in TC, no big deal - other cars can get past. If you're that far behind in GT, it begins to impede on everyone else's race.
LZR Harmonic
LZR Harmonic

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Foreu2env Thu 1 Dec 2016 - 7:11

CAR Harmonic wrote:
Foreu2env wrote:Whats the starting procedure going to look like? If you give GT a head start ( either 2 minutes or roughly 10,000 feet) then the track layout should prevent top TCC traffic from catching slow GT traffic. If we start every stint that way then TCC wouldnt catch up to the back of GT other than as a reault of wrecks.

It's not as a result of wrecks, though. There are some TCC drivers that are quicker than a few GT drivers. I've seen some people close to or above 9 minutes in GT, and an average front running lap in TCC will be around 8:50 or so. That's going to cause some issues in at least one of the stints.

I mentioned a 2 minute gap because I figured if top tcc does 8:50, and a slow GT does 9:00, thats a difference of 10 seconds per lap. The 2 minute gap is 120 seconds, divided by 10 seconds per lap equals 12 laps before gap is exhausted. There's 100 minutes per stint, divided by 8:50 per lap, means Top TCC running 8:50 laps will run less than 11 laps.

The 2 minute gap would last 12 laps and TCC cars will only run just under 11 laps per stint, theoretically mitigating any chance of the faster TCC catching up to the slow GT, so long as the GT car stays off the grass and railing.
Foreu2env
Foreu2env

TORA Race Number : 185
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 269
Registration date : 2016-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by ruthlessrellik Thu 1 Dec 2016 - 7:17

Foreu2env wrote:
ruthlessrellik wrote:Ok I'm really at a loss here. I can't run any better than a 8:51.xxx in the merc GT. Darkzer24 and I are o. The same team and are using the same tune. I'm using TCS only, manual, ABS off. I don't know how I'm so slow. I'd be happy getting another 10 seconds just so I'm out of the way for the TCC cars. Someone please help me.

Are you staying on the track every lap or are you coming off track ok a regular basis?

Do you normally run with ABS off or is that new for you?  

Are you running with any type of driving line on? Having the braking line might help you.

I've been using ABS off for about 6 months. I'm pretty comfortable with it now. I have practiced with both full and breaking only, I'll probably use full for the race because night and just to be safe. I'm not getting clean laps by any means but I'm not going off every sector either.

ruthlessrellik

TORA Race Number : 948
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2016-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by ruthlessrellik Thu 1 Dec 2016 - 7:19

CAR Harmonic wrote:My Vette time was with TCS on, full front and no rear aero.

For those who find themselves significantly off the pace, turn on the driving line if you don't have it on - it's there for a reason. If that still doesn't help, I heavily suggest going into TC if you're in GT. Having GT cars at TC pace was a problem before.

The rest of the team isn't as slow as I am, we wouldn't want to go to TC because we all like the GT cars so much. I just need to get faster.

ruthlessrellik

TORA Race Number : 948
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2016-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Hakkinen Thu 1 Dec 2016 - 14:19

This is far from ideal. If guys are running slower than TCC cars then they shouldn't be mingling with the top qualifiers. They should be able to race but having one lobby really screws this up. There has to be a 3-4 minute gap at the start because 2 minutes? I'll end up catching someone in GT having looked at some of the times.

I'm really being objective here and sorry if I may hurt some feelings but we had GT cars ruining races at Silverstone because they couldn't drive these faster cars and were lapping slower. This is a major major issue. Jay's 107% rule doesn't seem so silly now.
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

TORA Race Number : 379
Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by LZR Harmonic Thu 1 Dec 2016 - 14:37

Foreu2env wrote:

CAR Harmonic wrote:

I mentioned a 2 minute gap because I figured if top tcc does 8:50, and a slow GT does 9:00, thats a difference of 10 seconds per lap.  The 2 minute gap is 120 seconds, divided by 10 seconds per lap equals 12 laps before gap is exhausted. There's 100 minutes per stint, divided by 8:50 per lap, means Top TCC running 8:50 laps will run less than 11 laps.

The 2 minute gap would last 12 laps and TCC cars will only run just under 11 laps per stint, theoretically mitigating any chance of the faster TCC catching up to the slow GT, so long as the GT car stays off the grass and railing.

There's no guarantee of this, though. We had a gap at TURN, and while it wasn't 2 minutes, the GT car that caused problems actually out qualified TC. The consistency of those drivers is often the problem, and when the driver is inconsistent, on-track outcomes become inconsistent, and it's often the drivers that exhibit the best race craft that get the short end of the stick because of this.

I, as well as others, were in favor of a 107% rule, but it looks like it's not happening. I expect something of that sort to become active in 2017, though.
LZR Harmonic
LZR Harmonic

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by LZR ForceOne Fri 2 Dec 2016 - 22:59

17.3 with screenshots to prove. Really finding my pace in the Vette now with TCS

LZR ForceOne

Xbox 360 Playstation 4

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2016-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Veloce Virus Fri 2 Dec 2016 - 23:11

My best with the Porsche was a 8:13,7.... really sad I couldn't show that in quali as i laged out.
Veloce Virus
Veloce Virus

TORA Race Number : 999
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2014-03-13

http://www.xbox-motorsport.de

Back to top Go down

Post by LZR ForceOne Fri 2 Dec 2016 - 23:17

NVirus999 wrote:My best with the Porsche was a 8:13,7.... really sad I couldn't show that in quali as i laged out.
Not sure how that's possible with these builds

LZR ForceOne

Xbox 360 Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Veloce Virus Fri 2 Dec 2016 - 23:20

I got a 14,2 in the leaderboard with the exact engine damage as you would have with 10% handicap.
Veloce Virus
Veloce Virus

TORA Race Number : 999
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2014-03-13

http://www.xbox-motorsport.de

Back to top Go down

Post by LZR Harmonic Fri 2 Dec 2016 - 23:27

I didn't test the Porsche extensively, but I didn't expect it to be that quick. It never got a chance to dominate a race anyway, and NVirus is a monster at the Nurburgring anyway, so I don't think it's all that terrible. A lot of cars can beat it in one place or another on the track, so it should make things interesting.
LZR Harmonic
LZR Harmonic

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by LZR ForceOne Fri 2 Dec 2016 - 23:38

I know, 13's are just insane

LZR ForceOne

Xbox 360 Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Motorhead Sat 3 Dec 2016 - 0:54

This is a driver's track more than anything. If I drove that Porsche I'd be celebrating a sub 8:20.
HCR Motorhead
HCR Motorhead

TORA Race Number : 4
PC Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2012-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4