TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» New to League Racing!
TORA TASCAR Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA TASCAR Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA TASCAR Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA TASCAR Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA TASCAR Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA TASCAR Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA TASCAR Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Registration
TORA TASCAR Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:44 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Lobby Settings
TORA TASCAR Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 0:16 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA TASCAR Season 8 - General Discussion

+26
Freheliaz
CTM AnonCaliga
Nick Totten
MEX SENNA
DARK l MATTER
DOR Sprog
zrolizac
DiscoverOsiris
Budder Brine13
WCR Bolts
shuyindvk
SFM Darkzer
HCR ChicaiN
Springaahhh
Ax4x Matt
Chief Tokembowl
PTG Chungus
LMP Bubz
DDM Jam
SSR Marky
SGR Amber
SVR Martxn
FSR Groves
CarbonfiberYeti
LMR DarthMario
BigBen13x
30 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

TORA TASCAR Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: TORA TASCAR Season 8 - General Discussion

Post by MAVERICK3138 Mon 6 May 2019 - 22:39

Freheliaz wrote:No one during the race asked for chat to stop and I didn't feel like it was to distracting.

He did but there was so many people talking over each other you probably didn’t hear it.
MAVERICK3138
MAVERICK3138

TORA Race Number : 31
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2015-01-15

Back to top Go down

TORA TASCAR Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: TORA TASCAR Season 8 - General Discussion

Post by FSR Groves Tue 7 May 2019 - 0:30

Doesn't matter what you personally find distracting, other people might be annoyed at it. The odd bit of conversation is always going to happen, but in TORA races lobby chat should be kept to a minimum except for race-related stuff (like calling positions.)

Try to be considerate of other people guys - let's do better in the next race! Smile
FSR Groves
FSR Groves

TORA Race Number : 96
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2013-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR ChicaiN Mon 13 May 2019 - 2:34

Which version of COTA?

HCR ChicaiN

TORA Race Number : 359
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2012-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by SFM Darkzer Mon 13 May 2019 - 4:02

HCR ChicaiN wrote:Which version of COTA?

Unless otherwise specified it's probably the full circuit. Ben will be putting up the round post this week.

So probably the full circuit.
SFM Darkzer
SFM Darkzer

TORA Race Number : 923
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 6463
Registration date : 2016-10-15

https://www.reddit.com/user/Sindroome24

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR ChicaiN Tue 14 May 2019 - 15:44

SFM Darkzer wrote:
HCR ChicaiN wrote:Which version of COTA?

Unless otherwise specified it's probably the full circuit. Ben will be putting up the round post this week.

So probably the full circuit.

Ben posted the thread but no definition of which version of the track. Our races are typically around 45 minutes so I've been practicing the West course as its about a 1:35 min. lap. I'll request more details in the race thread. Thanks for the reply.

HCR ChicaiN

TORA Race Number : 359
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2012-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Springaahhh Tue 14 May 2019 - 21:32

I am assuming it is the full circuit, otherwise I feel Ben would have notified it was a different layout. I know that was the case with Suzuka last season, where it was specified in the calendar as "Suzuka East".

That being said, I noticed this year's calendar shows Watkins Glen as "Watkins Glen Full", which would mean we're running the 3.37-mile layout, and not the 2.45-mile layout that NASCAR actually uses... so yeah, some clarification might be needed.
Springaahhh
Springaahhh

TORA Race Number : 91
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2017-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBen13x Wed 15 May 2019 - 2:19

I am referring to the Full Circuit as, frankly, the other layouts of COTA would not fit these cars.
BigBen13x
BigBen13x

TORA Race Number : 13
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 2306
Registration date : 2014-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by ScottyMadeIt Sun 26 May 2019 - 2:11

So I'm a little confused about safety car rules after Road Atlanta. I was told by my lobby host that 3 or 4 cars have to be involved in a wreck in order for a caution to be called. What exactly does involved mean because in A lobby there were only 2 cars that were spun and off track and the safety car was still called?
ScottyMadeIt
ScottyMadeIt

TORA Race Number : 90
Xbox One Mac

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post by FSR Groves Sun 26 May 2019 - 13:26

TLR Overdrive wrote:So I'm a little confused about safety car rules after Road Atlanta. I was told by my lobby host that 3 or 4 cars have to be involved in a wreck in order for a caution to be called. What exactly does involved mean because in A lobby there were only 2 cars that were spun and off track and the safety car was still called?

+1 - seeking explanations with organisers currently.
FSR Groves
FSR Groves

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by SFM Darkzer Sun 26 May 2019 - 21:44

TLR Overdrive wrote:So I'm a little confused about safety car rules after Road Atlanta. I was told by my lobby host that 3 or 4 cars have to be involved in a wreck in order for a caution to be called. What exactly does involved mean because in A lobby there were only 2 cars that were spun and off track and the safety car was still called?

I was host in A lobby. The chat was chaotic, I asked if there were 3 cars off / with damage, heard someone say "yes", then confirmed the safety car. Upon reading the rules afterwards, it's 3 cars with damage, so that is partially my bad. That said, it was also quite difficult to make out what was being said when the crash happened because so many people were talking.

Going forward, hosts will read the relevant section of the sporting regs aloud before starting the race.
SFM Darkzer
SFM Darkzer

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by DOR Outlaw Sun 2 Jun 2019 - 1:14

I would just like to let the staff know at TORA that you guys run a great series with TASCAR. I have only raced in 2 races so far as i have nit picked the ones i want to race in but all in all top notch. The first race i raced in was COTA B lobby and it was ok giving the fact i got apex dive bombed and spun infront of the whole field, and the excessive excited chatter during the late part of race. This week i made A lobby and it was a proper fun filled race battling with everyone at the back(and quieter). Thank you guys for a great race.

DOR Outlaw

Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2019-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post by SFM Darkzer Sun 2 Jun 2019 - 4:01

DOR Outlaw wrote:I would just like to let the staff know at TORA that you guys run a great series with TASCAR. I have only raced in 2 races so far as i have nit picked the ones i want to race in but all in all top notch. The first race i raced in was COTA B lobby and it was ok giving the fact i got apex dive bombed and spun infront of the whole field, and the excessive excited chatter during the late part of race. This week i made A lobby and it was a proper fun filled race battling with everyone at the back(and quieter). Thank you guys for a great race.

Cheers
SFM Darkzer
SFM Darkzer

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by DDM Jam Fri 7 Jun 2019 - 22:29

When will the info for the final round be available?

And are you considering using FRR?
There's zero chance of getting any penalties, and it gets rid of the tyre barriers, giving us use of the proper pit entry and exit, which is far safer (and authentic) than having to go in and out directly to/from the start/finish straight.
DDM Jam
DDM Jam

TORA Race Number : 296
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2017-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post by FSR Groves Sat 8 Jun 2019 - 22:38

Been an absolute honour and privilege to race in TASCAR for the last few years! Tonight was my last full-time race in the championship and it was a fantastic race to go out on!

I'll be lurking on TORA still as the Community Manager and I'll occasionally race now and again (TASCAR at Daytona next year perhaps) but until then, see you all around sometime!

Cheers
FSR Groves
FSR Groves

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Springaahhh Sat 8 Jun 2019 - 23:14

A pretty decent season I do say so myself. Just my 2nd year in, and I decided I was going to run my own team. Made goals for myself that I wanted to crack the Top-10 in the driver standings, and finish in the Top-3 for the independent team standings.

While I came up a little short of my goal in terms of the driver standings (tied for 11th), my team did manage to finish 2nd in the independent team standings! Oh, and I'll gladly take home my 2nd consecutive Hard Charger Award!! #MrWhereDidHeComeFrom

Looking forward to next season! Cheers
Springaahhh
Springaahhh

TORA Race Number : 91
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2017-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by SmokeyYunick13 Mon 12 Aug 2019 - 2:48

When is next season and how do I go about getting in?

SmokeyYunick13

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2019-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by SmokeyYunick13 Mon 12 Aug 2019 - 2:57

TORA TASCAR Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 4 C76b8e10
TORA TASCAR Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 4 41b1c410

SmokeyYunick13

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2019-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4