TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed - Page 39 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed - Page 39 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed - Page 39 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed - Page 39 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed - Page 39 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed - Page 39 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed - Page 39 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed - Page 39 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed - Page 39 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed

+34
Stonewall458
CQR The Butcher
F4H Bullet
VVV Grimm
Biggsy tv
JeffH16
i redbeard
AAR PacMan
CQR Senna
narboza22
VVV GunDaM
its troff
Crisis Nine
AMR of the Apex
JAMIE ANDERS0N
Bob Dixon 76
TG Wormburner
ATR DAN
ART Carrera
F4H Carrera
XTI Avenger
Pebb
LMR DarthMario
AMR JSlim
Radiation Louis
ckBrenneke
Ax4x Chaddy
HCR generaltso
CQR Rogue
CQR Aero
Matt
Richy59
nickyf1
lfcnicklfc
38 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed - Page 39 Empty Re: Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed

Post by TG Wormburner Wed 11 May 2011 - 15:22

Figured the patch was for DLC when I tried the game again and it didn't change. Looked at their forums and all it talked about was debating the patch (no word from NFS on it) and how no one plays it on PC anymore and they already have patches.

I for one hope they don't make another racing game to sucker people in. The game is still absolute garbage. Upon reading they are further gouging people for more DLC before fixing their shitty game I'm taking it back today. I would rather have a sexual relationship with a 90 year old heroin addict with herpes than play this crap again
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

TORA Race Number : 750
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1797
Registration date : 2011-01-10

http://teamgizmo.net

Back to top Go down

Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed - Page 39 Empty Re: Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed

Post by VVV Grimm Wed 11 May 2011 - 16:06

VVV worm wrote:Figured the patch was for DLC when I tried the game again and it didn't change. Looked at their forums and all it talked about was debating the patch (no word from NFS on it) and how no one plays it on PC anymore and they already have patches.

I for one hope they don't make another racing game to sucker people in. The game is still absolute garbage. Upon reading they are further gouging people for more DLC before fixing their shitty game I'm taking it back today. I would rather have a sexual relationship with a 90 year old heroin addict with herpes than play this crap again
Beautifully put,you have such a way with words lol
VVV Grimm
VVV Grimm

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2011-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 May 2011 - 17:31

In all fairness, EA have the majority of the control and have caused a lot of the issues with unrealistic time frames and bad testing / QA results NOT SMS (Slightly Mad Studios) that develop the game.

SMS have already written and released the patch, which is released at the same time for all platforms, but each route has it's own QA process. Microsofts takes a while it would seem, but having seen the issue the playstation network has had of late I'm thankful I am with XBL and so far, touch wood, have not been hacked!

The majority of the DLC will already be written and ready for release or close to once the game is out, with timeframes put in place and contractually agreed prior hand, which will be why the DLC marches on before we see the patch.

Fear not. SMS WILL fix the issues. If not sooner later. IMHO this game is so worth waiting for EA and Microsoft hurdles to be jumped. SMS are already working on the second patch now and have been for a little while.

SHIFT 2 is already for some, and will be for the rest, the game Race Pro always wanted to be ;O) It's f'in awesome ;O)

Peace

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Wed 11 May 2011 - 18:04

Have to agree with Matt here, having FINALLY managed to get some online action in last night I really am impressed (apart from the collision issues).
People slate the handling etc, but what I think the majority forget is that actually race cars are damn difficult to drive. And even harder on the edge. I'm afraid Forza and GT5 et al do have a habit of making things a little to padded in cotton wool for me.
I personally like the fact I end up driving the cars thinking about the grip and not assuming the car will just stick. Assessing just how much throttle I need and so on to the point where I am concentrating incredibly hard. Makes me happy I have the GT2 wheel on the way Wink
Matt
Matt

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14648
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by x Gashi x Wed 11 May 2011 - 19:03

I am far too addicted to the racing line. I really enjoy this game. I would love to run a series on shift. Maybe an oval series. They have some nice little ovals that actually require some skill. Wink

x Gashi x

TORA Race Number : 100
Number of posts : 961
Registration date : 2009-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Wed 11 May 2011 - 19:55

it's too inconsistent for me.

sometimes i can throw the car into a hairpin corner at 190 mph without braking and it will stick.

other times i'll brake way early and creep into a corner and still go flying off the road. yesterday i was 10 seconds a lap on average slower than everyone else.

and thats around places like donnington. smaller circuits.

also, i dont think using the controller helps.
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

TORA Race Number : 12
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 5771
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by VVV Grimm Wed 11 May 2011 - 22:43

That was something i noticed also.With the controller you can't seem to make slight corrections with the steering,its either full lock or nothing.I can see it being a lot of fun with a wheel though.
VVV Grimm
VVV Grimm

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2011-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Wed 11 May 2011 - 22:54

It's the same with the wheel Grimm. No matter it is owned by Gamestop again and my copy of LA Noire is bought and paid for to pick up Tuesday
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

TORA Race Number : 750
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1797
Registration date : 2011-01-10

http://teamgizmo.net

Back to top Go down

Post by x Gashi x Thu 12 May 2011 - 0:05

Haters. Lol. I am a controller user and am pretty quick. I know alot of it is car choice when online. Assists also slow you down a bunch if you use them. Sorry you guys are done with the gwme. For everyone else, hit me up!

x Gashi x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 May 2011 - 15:49

Looks like the new Autolog filtering doesn't cater to my speed around Rouen GP (1966). As you can see from the Vid, no reason why my time of 1:30.720 should not be recorded to Autolog Records and Speedwall as a World Record ;O(

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Thu 12 May 2011 - 15:58

hehe nice vid. All I can suggest is send it to NFS staff/post it on the Shift 2 forum.
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

TORA Race Number : 80
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6084
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.chrissiddallmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Thu 12 May 2011 - 16:07

Hey Chris, wanna post up that link to the panoramic Shift 2 pics?
Wink
Matt
Matt

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14648
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Thu 12 May 2011 - 16:19

I've been playing Shift 2's spiritual predecessor, 1998's Sportscar GT by ISI for EA. Pretty solid handling model which is far better than the first Shift Razz
nickyf1
nickyf1

TORA Race Number : 271
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 10770
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 May 2011 - 16:20

maybe Matt can tweet it to the developers!! lol

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Thu 12 May 2011 - 16:33

VVV Magictap wrote:Looks like the new Autolog filtering doesn't cater to my speed around Rouen GP (1966). As you can see from the Vid, no reason why my time of 1:30.720 should not be recorded to Autolog Records and Speedwall as a World Record ;O(

Yep I would post Matt on or PM a mod @ slightly mad studios

http://www.slightlymadstudios.com/

Contact

Got something to say, want to speak to us? Drop us a line and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

Slightly Mad Studios, 5th Floor Mill House, 8 Mill Street, London SE1 2BA

Tel +44 (0) 207 252 1843

Fax +44 (0) 207 252 1783

Jobs jobs@slightlymadstudios.com
Generalinfo@slightlymadstudios.com
Dev dev@slightlymadstudios.com
Corporatecorporate@slightlymadstudios.com
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 May 2011 - 17:07

good idea:

Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed - Page 39 SMSemail

Back to top Go down

Post by x Gashi x Sat 14 May 2011 - 19:10

Did they get back to you yet? I am interested to see if they even truly watch it or just give you the "business".

x Gashi x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 May 2011 - 20:34

zip, nada, zilch, nothing so far. TBH, I'm not expecting anything ;O(

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Sat 14 May 2011 - 20:43

GLR Gashi wrote:Haters. Lol. I am a controller user and am pretty quick. I know alot of it is car choice when online. Assists also slow you down a bunch if you use them. Sorry you guys are done with the gwme. For everyone else, hit me up!

i like the game. i just cant play it.
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 May 2011 - 20:57

fair play Gen. I really hope the patch sorts it out for you. If not. get rid

Back to top Go down

Post by narboza22 Sun 15 May 2011 - 2:33

I've held onto this game so far, but I haven't played it in a few weeks. When is the 360 patch supposed to come out and what exactly is it supposed to fix?
narboza22
narboza22

Number of posts : 824
Registration date : 2011-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Sun 15 May 2011 - 4:06

VVV Magictap wrote:fair play Gen. I really hope the patch sorts it out for you. If not. get rid

i hope it sorts out the online racing issues. as well as the handling. we'll see.
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Wed 1 Jun 2011 - 11:57