TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
RE: Statement regarding current Driving Standards and Stewarding EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
RE: Statement regarding current Driving Standards and Stewarding EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
RE: Statement regarding current Driving Standards and Stewarding EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
RE: Statement regarding current Driving Standards and Stewarding EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
RE: Statement regarding current Driving Standards and Stewarding EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
RE: Statement regarding current Driving Standards and Stewarding EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
RE: Statement regarding current Driving Standards and Stewarding EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
RE: Statement regarding current Driving Standards and Stewarding EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
RE: Statement regarding current Driving Standards and Stewarding EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

RE: Statement regarding current Driving Standards and Stewarding

+7
Mandown46
Ax4x Mikey J
AndyT306
CQR Aero
JAMIE ANDERS0N
HCR Karma
nickyf1
11 posters

Go down

RE: Statement regarding current Driving Standards and Stewarding Empty RE: Statement regarding current Driving Standards and Stewarding

Post by Guest Fri 28 Oct 2011 - 9:53

Bravo. Well put. Never to late to address the real underlying issues. Smart move.

+1

Back to top Go down

RE: Statement regarding current Driving Standards and Stewarding Empty Re: RE: Statement regarding current Driving Standards and Stewarding

Post by nickyf1 Fri 28 Oct 2011 - 16:40

Yeah, it seems that many have forgotten, or are forgetting to consider good racecraft.

nickyf1
nickyf1

TORA Race Number : 271
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 10770
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

RE: Statement regarding current Driving Standards and Stewarding Empty Re: RE: Statement regarding current Driving Standards and Stewarding

Post by HCR Karma Wed 8 Aug 2012 - 8:35

racecraft? yeah, from last night`s experience it would indeed seem a few have. I was not the only one in the TCC lobby who felt that standards need addressed. I know this is an old post, but seems the issue still remains.
HCR Karma
HCR Karma

TORA Race Number : 530
Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2012-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Wed 8 Aug 2012 - 8:47

LAts night seemed that B lobby was the only lobby that had issues with driving standards problems as A lobby and C lobby ran great

Regards

JAMIE ANDERS0N (0 = a number) previously BG Chucky 82

TORA

Follow me on Twitter: JAMIE__ANDERS0N

RE: Statement regarding current Driving Standards and Stewarding I6ugkpwRE: Statement regarding current Driving Standards and Stewarding 10YNCX2RE: Statement regarding current Driving Standards and Stewarding SBgWF6e
JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

TORA Race Number : 76
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6805
Registration date : 2008-10-19

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Karma Wed 8 Aug 2012 - 8:51

And there were enough problems in B lobby to make up for the other two. Came away from last night very fedup as i know a few others did, but I will leave them to post their own thoughts regarding it. I dont intend to raise a stewards over it, but some folk need to really look at the way they drive and maybe the experience will improve for all.
HCR Karma
HCR Karma

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Wed 8 Aug 2012 - 9:17

I think the main problem last night was the lack of consideration for the cars around "you". If you have a car alongside going into a corner, the car on the inside needs to brake slightly earlier/harder to take a tight line, and the guy on the outside needs to take a wide line through the corner. OR one driver needs to decide to brake earlier and go for the undercut, but if you find yourself going through a corner side-by-side, one thing you can't do is cut the other driver off/run him off the track.
There were also some ridiculous lunges from range, often ending in contact. I'm afraid the one example that involved me received the comment "Don't worry, I was going to make the corner". Well I'm afraid the fact that you came in so fast, from so far out, and hit my car means that you would not have made the corner without using my car to help decelerate. I was particularly miffed because I had a potential race-winning car (in the lobby) but had so much damage I stood no chance. The argument of "well this is touring cars" is just not good enough. There's door-to-door racing, and then there's plain inconsiderate driving, and last night saw a lot of the latter.

RE: Statement regarding current Driving Standards and Stewarding W9Zxp6dRE: Statement regarding current Driving Standards and Stewarding AcRCGdgRE: Statement regarding current Driving Standards and Stewarding MNafhU3RE: Statement regarding current Driving Standards and Stewarding Wz5UuVmRE: Statement regarding current Driving Standards and Stewarding KUxkD1yRE: Statement regarding current Driving Standards and Stewarding W1XKgn0RE: Statement regarding current Driving Standards and Stewarding VSaZmbSRE: Statement regarding current Driving Standards and Stewarding WgsuLHS

RE: Statement regarding current Driving Standards and Stewarding Sig10
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

TORA Race Number : 80
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6084
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.chrissiddallmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyT306 Wed 8 Aug 2012 - 9:35

CQR Aero wrote:I think the main problem last night was the lack of consideration for the cars around "you". If you have a car alongside going into a corner, the car on the inside needs to brake slightly earlier/harder to take a tight line, and the guy on the outside needs to take a wide line through the corner. OR one driver needs to decide to brake earlier and go for the undercut, but if you find yourself going through a corner side-by-side, one thing you can't do is cut the other driver off/run him off the track.
There were also some ridiculous lunges from range, often ending in contact. I'm afraid the one example that involved me received the comment "Don't worry, I was going to make the corner". Well I'm afraid the fact that you came in so fast, from so far out, and hit my car means that you would not have made the corner without using my car to help decelerate. I was particularly miffed because I had a potential race-winning car (in the lobby) but had so much damage I stood no chance. The argument of "well this is touring cars" is just not good enough. There's door-to-door racing, and then there's plain inconsiderate driving, and last night saw a lot of the latter.

somebody has to have some seriously big kahunas to take out a race marshall... i got a couple of taps last night from mis-judged breaking, but from what i could see going on around me i had a fairly incident free race
AndyT306
AndyT306

TORA Race Number : 681
Xbox One Mac

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Wed 8 Aug 2012 - 9:35

Luckily, in the C Lobby the racing was as clean as one could hope for. Chucky and I had a battle that went from green to checkers with noting more than a scrape or tap between us.

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 8 Aug 2012 - 12:15

CQR Aero wrote:If you have a car alongside going into a corner, the car on the inside needs to brake slightly earlier/harder to take a tight line, and the guy on the outside needs to take a wide line through the corner. OR one driver needs to decide to brake earlier and go for the undercut, but if you find yourself going through a corner side-by-side, one thing you can't do is cut the other driver off/run him off the track.

Completely agree - just lunging as soon as you're within 50ft is not on. It can take several laps just to get the car in the right position to make a move, and even then it can take several corners to pull it off, side-by-side. There's been TCC races this year where cars have been 15-20ft behind each other for 10+ laps, and still not able to complete a move because the driver in front has placed his car perfectly and defended any moves - that's racing and barging a car off just because your faster is terrible driving IMO! In last night's TCC race 2 in the A lobby, Daniel tried for about 6 laps to get past Smithy's Sentra, but Smithy was placing it where he needed to and using the acceleration of the car to hold on and it was only when he went slightly wide that a gap opened up enabling the overtake. Overtaking is hard, takes time to set-up and pull off, keep it calm and don't go for a rash move that ruins both drivers races!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandown46 Wed 8 Aug 2012 - 12:28

Awareness of where cars are around you, and what defensive driving is, needs to be drilled into people.
At the moment I'm only a couple of races away from giving up on TORA, due to the poor driving of others. Ive found myself smashed out of at least one race every meeting I ve attended for the last half dozen races.
Mandown46
Mandown46

TORA Race Number : 93
Number of posts : 391
Registration date : 2012-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Wed 8 Aug 2012 - 13:06

SelectiveRogue wrote:Hey all,

It has come to my attention over the past few race meetings that driving standards are causing unnecessary steward enquiries.

Respect the other racers: You may think you are the nuts and have the measure of predictable AI but when it comes to online racing you have to remember that the other cars are controlled by humans that have different styles to you. Take your time when over taking is a must. Do not risk ruining your race and another opponent by being impatient. Chances are you will get your chance at somepoint and if you don’t then you got beat by a better man on that race. Gaining good exit speed is always worth looking at. If you cannot make the move then back off a little. If your ducking up the inside and are just about to block a natural racing line then back off a little. I know you want to be committed but there comes a point where it is not wise to do so.

The same goes for cornering. Remember that it is your job to get past the opponent in front not for him to let you through. If you can’t do it cleanly and confidently then do not do it. Remember that coming into a corner the person ahead of you may have different ideas to braking etc so you need to compensate for this by perhaps braking a little earlier than you normally would. Doesn’t mean you will lose that much time, it just means you have possibly avoided an accident that wouldn’t do either of you any good. Also, remember that your tyres need time to warm up. Trying to attempt a move that you would make in the middle of the race may not work here if tyres are cold and not up to temperature.

Also, keep looking around if you have a little moment. Some of the best encounters I have seen and one I was in last night have involved all the things that have been mentioned above plus communication and the players looking at where each other was at. We were racing for nearly a lap two abreast with two rows and not one crashed because of silly moves and over eagerness. This race succeeded because the racers were telling each other where they were, looking through mirrors and also out of the side of their cars. When it happens like that it is the best experience in this game. Just remember to communicate a little of the position of your car. If you are overtaking on the right, tell them this as it will make it easier for them not to cut across the racing line into a bend and take you both out.

Many Thanks

Duncan

RE: Statement regarding current Driving Standards and Stewarding 2666031

Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Karma Wed 8 Aug 2012 - 13:13

Wise words Duncan, and well out together. Let us hope rather than pointing fingers at any one individual that all take heed from you post and we see a marked improvement in the standards.

Greg Smile
HCR Karma
HCR Karma

Back to top Go down

Post by rougewilson78 Wed 8 Aug 2012 - 16:41

CQR Aero wrote:There were also some ridiculous lunges from range, often ending in contact. I'm afraid the one example that involved me received the comment "Don't worry, I was going to make the corner". Well I'm afraid the fact that you came in so fast, from so far out, and hit my car means that you would not have made the corner without using my car to help decelerate. I was particularly miffed because I had a potential race-winning car (in the lobby) but had so much damage I stood no chance. The argument of "well this is touring cars" is just not good enough. There's door-to-door racing, and then there's plain inconsiderate driving, and last night saw a lot of the latter.

It was me that "hit" you, and I use "hit" in the loosest terms possible. I cannot see how I caused you any damage from that very, very minor tap without causing damage myself which I had none of. I did not lunge in on you, I simply had a car that was able to brake alot later than your own car which seems it was built for acceleration rather than cornering

As for "Don't worry, I was going to make the corner" comment I did not say that, I simply said "I made the corner" I did not need the help of you car whatsoever to slow down, it was your line through that particular corner that caused me to tap you. Anybody reading your post would've thought I speared you from 100ft without braking. You were not spun by me and bearly had a little squirm when I tapped you so you cant blame me for costing you the race

Yes , it couldve been avoided but it's racing and it's competitive. Would you like everyone to just rollover and let you win?

If you want to see inconsiderate driving I would suggest looking at replays of the nurburg round when I was completely speared/spun into the barriers by another driver and you will see the differance between inconsiderate driving and a racing incident

rougewilson78

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2012-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Wed 8 Aug 2012 - 21:21

rougewilson78 wrote:
CQR Aero wrote:There were also some ridiculous lunges from range, often ending in contact. I'm afraid the one example that involved me received the comment "Don't worry, I was going to make the corner". Well I'm afraid the fact that you came in so fast, from so far out, and hit my car means that you would not have made the corner without using my car to help decelerate. I was particularly miffed because I had a potential race-winning car (in the lobby) but had so much damage I stood no chance. The argument of "well this is touring cars" is just not good enough. There's door-to-door racing, and then there's plain inconsiderate driving, and last night saw a lot of the latter.

It was me that "hit" you, and I use "hit" in the loosest terms possible. I cannot see how I caused you any damage from that very, very minor tap without causing damage myself which I had none of. I did not lunge in on you, I simply had a car that was able to brake alot later than your own car which seems it was built for acceleration rather than cornering

As for "Don't worry, I was going to make the corner" comment I did not say that, I simply said "I made the corner" I did not need the help of you car whatsoever to slow down, it was your line through that particular corner that caused me to tap you. Anybody reading your post would've thought I speared you from 100ft without braking. You were not spun by me and bearly had a little squirm when I tapped you so you cant blame me for costing you the race

Yes , it couldve been avoided but it's racing and it's competitive. Would you like everyone to just rollover and let you win?

If you want to see inconsiderate driving I would suggest looking at replays of the nurburg round when I was completely speared/spun into the barriers by another driver and you will see the differance between inconsiderate driving and a racing incident

Of course I don't want people to roll over let me win, but you weren't the most courteous of racers. I let Wumba recover a position I gained by bumping him, a few laps later you did the same to him and said "tough luck, that's racing". You didn't cause any damage to my car, race 2 was where I got the uber damage. What I was referring to when I talked about crazy lunges, was relating to you, but without naming names. You owned up to that yourself! And it may not be 100ft, but it was pretty far:

RE: Statement regarding current Driving Standards and Stewarding Forza125

...and I was aiming for the apex. It looks like you either "over cooked it", or were aiming for something else entirely:

RE: Statement regarding current Driving Standards and Stewarding Forza126

RE: Statement regarding current Driving Standards and Stewarding W9Zxp6dRE: Statement regarding current Driving Standards and Stewarding AcRCGdgRE: Statement regarding current Driving Standards and Stewarding MNafhU3RE: Statement regarding current Driving Standards and Stewarding Wz5UuVmRE: Statement regarding current Driving Standards and Stewarding KUxkD1yRE: Statement regarding current Driving Standards and Stewarding W1XKgn0RE: Statement regarding current Driving Standards and Stewarding VSaZmbSRE: Statement regarding current Driving Standards and Stewarding WgsuLHS

RE: Statement regarding current Driving Standards and Stewarding Sig10
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

TORA Race Number : 80
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6084
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.chrissiddallmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Wed 8 Aug 2012 - 22:25

Firstly:
The fact is, a lot of people who race here are dragged in from the FM forums and are generally 'new'. They don't read the threads. They just look at the cars, dates and times and turn up. These are usually the people who cause mischief.
No matter how much effort you put on these forums, these individuals aren't going to notice, and they'll still drive like 'tards until they get bored of losing and leave.

Secondly:
Don't bicker about previous races. Whatever happened happened in a split second. We all make stupid mistakes in the heat of a situation, and then we learn from it; Whether it's the fact that it was a bad move, or that no one likes you for doing it. If something bad happens, give 'em a word in the race.

Lastly:
In real life, I f*** around in jumped up cars on private little circuits with close friends. I've learnt some 'dirty' moves from it too; Some moves I know are really dirty (like braking-jacking/checking, weaving and what have you), but you'll see me use legal ones here at TORA, such as taking the inside line all through a corner to stop others overtaking there. I'm well known among my IRL friends for making a car wider than it is, and they respect that and get me in other places.
My only issue with this is that I'm concerned using these moves at TORA as some of the aforementioned 'new' people wouldn't be used to it, and they'd squeeze past (it's happened before) or do something stupid. Although this may be true IRL, in IRL you're more aware of your surroundings as you don't want to bl**dy die.
Standaman94
Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7383
Registration date : 2010-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by rougewilson78 Wed 8 Aug 2012 - 22:29

Perhaps it would've been prudent to state what race you were refering to as anybody that read your post would be lead to beleive that it was my "using of you car to help me decelerate" that lead to you not winning the race

My corner was not overcooked, i beleive you were just unusually slow in that corner and the line that I took is more or less the line I always take and I was defending the position from another driver

I dont know what you were hearing last night but again you've got it wrong, at no time at all did I say "tough luck, thats racing" Rolling Eyes , I actually said in reply to another comment "well we're racing, there will be contact"

Yes I did have contact with the other racer (not as much as you had with him I from what I saw and heard) and I did actually offer a "sorry" for the contact but I said that as I was going into the corner and as I thought I was about to give him a hefty hit but I managed to scrub enough speed off so that we only rubbed side by side and again no damage to any car was incurred by this

Perhaps I could've give back the place (which I have done many times on other racing sites) but I did not deem it to be bad enough to warrant that and continued

rougewilson78

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2012-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggsy tv Wed 8 Aug 2012 - 22:56

rougewilson78 wrote:at no time at all did I say "tough luck, thats racing" Rolling Eyes , I actually said in reply to another comment "well we're racing, there will be contact"
I don't believe thats much different, seeing as its a non-contact sport, so any contact is deemed unsuitable, and anyone gaining any advantage must be courteous

twitch.tv/Biggsy
Biggsy tv
Biggsy tv

TORA Race Number : 441
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 7494
Registration date : 2009-05-23

http://www.twitch.tv/Biggsy

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Thu 9 Aug 2012 - 10:03

[quote="SelectiveRogue"]
SelectiveRogue wrote:Hey all,

It has come to my attention over the past few race meetings that driving standards are causing unnecessary steward enquiries.

Respect the other racers: You may think you are the nuts and have the measure of predictable AI but when it comes to online racing you have to remember that the other cars are controlled by humans that have different styles to you. Take your time when over taking is a must. Do not risk ruining your race and another opponent by being impatient. Chances are you will get your chance at somepoint and if you don’t then you got beat by a better man on that race. Gaining good exit speed is always worth looking at. If you cannot make the move then back off a little. If your ducking up the inside and are just about to block a natural racing line then back off a little. I know you want to be committed but there comes a point where it is not wise to do so.

The same goes for cornering. Remember that it is your job to get past the opponent in front not for him to let you through. If you can’t do it cleanly and confidently then do not do it. Remember that coming into a corner the person ahead of you may have different ideas to braking etc so you need to compensate for this by perhaps braking a little earlier than you normally would. Doesn’t mean you will lose that much time, it just means you have possibly avoided an accident that wouldn’t do either of you any good. Also, remember that your tyres need time to warm up. Trying to attempt a move that you would make in the middle of the race may not work here if tyres are cold and not up to temperature.

Also, keep looking around if you have a little moment. Some of the best encounters I have seen and one I was in last night have involved all the things that have been mentioned above plus communication and the players looking at where each other was at. We were racing for nearly a lap two abreast with two rows and not one crashed because of silly moves and over eagerness. This race succeeded because the racers were telling each other where they were, looking through mirrors and also out of the side of their cars. When it happens like that it is the best experience in this game. Just remember to communicate a little of the position of your car. If you are overtaking on the right, tell them this as it will make it easier for them not to cut across the racing line into a bend and take you both out.

Many Thanks

Duncan

All please read my post above, thread locked.

RE: Statement regarding current Driving Standards and Stewarding 2666031

Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down