TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Thank you, TORA EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Thank you, TORA EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Thank you, TORA EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Thank you, TORA EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Thank you, TORA EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Thank you, TORA EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Thank you, TORA EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Thank you, TORA EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Thank you, TORA EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Thank you, TORA

+22
AMR of the Apex
Richy59
Beanz
XBR McRae
STATIC TREMOR
Mandown46
Ax4x Mikey J
RumbleBee 392
XPR Roadrunner
SCR3WUGUYZ
theboomeranga
Zeta0085
AAR ABEnstein
Racert46
Codu6
Radiation Louis
AndyT306
BDR Blackbird
Red Dirt Bandit
Adder 020
CRA XenoMorph
tsaFooT
26 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Thank you, TORA Empty Thank you, TORA

Post by tsaFooT Sun 1 Jul 2012 - 14:26

The race is not over yet when writing this, but I already want to say a BIG thanks to all TORA guys and anyone else involved in the TORA 24 Hours of Le Mans.

It was my first time participating in such an event, and it was AWESOME. The level of adrenalin, the pressure to go fast but still save, the battles on track… oh man, that was so great. Being part of it makes it real, and for me personally this TORA event was bigger than the real 24h of Le Mans.

I really appreciate all the work and time you TORA guys have spent to organize and operate this event. Keep up that great work. Can't wait for the next event :-)

Also special thanks to all drivers I raced with in my stints. I had no single issue at all. Always clean and cooperative driving. I was trying my best to do the same, and I hope I didn't cause a problem for anyone. It was really fun to drive with you.

See you on the track ...
tsaFooT
tsaFooT

TORA Race Number : 32
Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2012-05-24

Back to top Go down

Thank you, TORA Empty Re: Thank you, TORA

Post by CRA XenoMorph Sun 1 Jul 2012 - 14:31

Wow, same here.. Great event!!

CRA XenoMorph
CRA XenoMorph

TORA Race Number : 37
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2012-05-03

http://www.clubcraracing.fullforums.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Adder 020 Sun 1 Jul 2012 - 14:31

the same for me what tsa foot said.
I really f...ed my first stint because of sim steering but my 2nd and especially my 3rd(10th stint of the race) was great.
Mopar4t4 I won't forget you!

Adder 020

TORA Race Number : 16
Number of posts : 733
Registration date : 2012-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Dirt Bandit Sun 1 Jul 2012 - 14:38

Great job guys.
1st cheers Cheers
Red Dirt Bandit
Red Dirt Bandit

TORA Race Number : 51
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2012-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by BDR Blackbird Sun 1 Jul 2012 - 14:42

I have to agree, my first event. Not been incident free however enjoyed every moment. thanks for doing this people.

could do with changing the rules to race 5 mins shorter so we can stay on time as last night being 105mins late. I would like collisions off for qualy apart from that fantastic fun.

I've now picked up about 5 more friends thanks to this and intend on entering more.

Thanks for all your hard work, keep up the good work.
BDR Blackbird
BDR Blackbird

TORA Race Number : 101
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2012-03-03

http://www.blackDeathRacers.enjin.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyT306 Sun 1 Jul 2012 - 15:39

yeah cheers everyone and a massive thank you to all the effort organising it, i have covered 14 hours and clocked up 1605 miles!
AndyT306
AndyT306

TORA Race Number : 681
Xbox One Mac

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiation Louis Sun 1 Jul 2012 - 16:03

I wanna be friends with andy if he gets girls like the one in his avatar :drool: .... but yes great success and next year should be more epic! everyone tell your friends about it as i want to see 56 cars on the grid next year!

Thank you, TORA KSm7RyiThank you, TORA XnUPi68Thank you, TORA WNF2dBuThank you, TORA BYYxxh5Thank you, TORA EoWXJFzThank you, TORA KsRDGim
Radiation Louis
Radiation Louis

TORA Race Number : 61
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 5111
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Codu6 Sun 1 Jul 2012 - 16:17

DBS6/AceNemesis98 - HBB RACE TEAM

- 3rd in GT (Really happy!) - 2012 TORA 24 Heures Du Mans

We echo pretty much everything that tsaFoot posted. As this was my first TORA event, we weren't sure what to expect, but it was awesome.

We want to say THANK YOU to all of the hosts and organizers who put a huge amount of time and effort into planning/carrying out this event. Especially WWR_Aero and CMGraphix who made this whole experience that much better/smoother for a couple of rookies.

Also, we couldn't have asked for better racing from all of our competitors. We experienced clean racing throughout and that was the main reason that we ended up finishing 3rd in GT, as we are definitely not the quickest guys on the track. If we caused any problems for any other drivers, we really do apologize.

Hopefully we are able to participate in TORA events in the future.
THANKS AGAIN!!

P.S. I (DBS6) just finished my 6th stint (Last stint of the race) about 30 minutes ago, so I am going to make use of my sweet sweet bed.
Codu6
Codu6

TORA Race Number : 899
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2012-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Racert46 Sun 1 Jul 2012 - 16:19

tsaFooT wrote:The race is not over yet when writing this, but I already want to say a BIG thanks to all TORA guys and anyone else involved in the TORA 24 Hours of Le Mans.

It was my first time participating in such an event, and it was AWESOME. The level of adrenalin, the pressure to go fast but still save, the battles on track… oh man, that was so great. Being part of it makes it real, and for me personally this TORA event was bigger than the real 24h of Le Mans.

I really appreciate all the work and time you TORA guys have spent to organize and operate this event. Keep up that great work. Can't wait for the next event :-)

Also special thanks to all drivers I raced with in my stints. I had no single issue at all. Always clean and cooperative driving. I was trying my best to do the same, and I hope I didn't cause a problem for anyone. It was really fun to drive with you.

See you on the track ...

This +1 Very Happy
Racert46
Racert46

TORA Race Number : 46
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2012-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by AAR ABEnstein Sun 1 Jul 2012 - 16:20

I really enjoyed this one. Lag is of course, a permanent issue and cannot be fixed. And this is a worldwide event, so I can't blame anyone for that.

My teammates and I gained a lot of experience with LMPs, we were glad to bring it back with a solid 6th place. We might be back next year, with 2 (or 3) cars....We'll have to wait and see.
AAR ABEnstein
AAR ABEnstein

TORA Race Number : 127
Xbox 360 Mac

Number of posts : 394
Registration date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeta0085 Sun 1 Jul 2012 - 23:48

Hello all,

This too was my first in different ways. Thanks to gecko racing for having me on board and trying their best to help me improve. I was worried we wouldn't have been able to participate when the final week was looming.

To those that I've raced with in lobby B, the chatter calmed me down that I felt at ease being a part of it.

Fav moments - WCM Outlaw making his close call pass on Indianapolis. The P1 Black Jetta's and making my friend laugh ((didn't dl all of the packs)). The oh so friendly hellos as I was being lapped Laughing and Stonewall458 drag racing me for fun on the straights past Tertre Rouge ((P1 vs GT)).

For now, I'll see you all for the 12hrs of Silverstone.

~Zeta
Zeta0085
Zeta0085

PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1637
Registration date : 2012-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Mon 2 Jul 2012 - 0:22

Thanks heaps guys, it was amazing fun!
It's funny a month or two ago, I asked Duke of Bruno if since he joined TORA if he'd gotten any quicker, he said yes and although I only did 1 qualifying and 2 stints I noticed in my last stint I was pushing hard and I seemed to go quicker, still not as competitive as some, but that comes with experience.
I would like to say a huge thanks to CMGraphix, WWR Aero and all the lobby hosts for getting everything set up and making it such an enjoyable event.
Also to Duke of Bruno, thanks for the great tune you set the car up with, it was great, and STATIC TREMOR and Zeta, thanks for coming along for the ride, it was great having you at gecko racing and hopefully the same is done at Silverstone!! And sorry guys for putting us out of contention when I couldn't join a lobby :/
But overall great work to everyone was a great time
Thanks
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

TORA Race Number : 31
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7110
Registration date : 2011-12-02

https://www.facebook.com/NSR.Esports1

Back to top Go down

Post by SCR3WUGUYZ Mon 2 Jul 2012 - 1:43

A huge thanks for Tora it was a great race and couldn't of been organized much better connection issues not your fault its really on xbox live and their faulty connection at times.
SCR3WUGUYZ
SCR3WUGUYZ

TORA Race Number : 353
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2012-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by XPR Roadrunner Mon 2 Jul 2012 - 1:55

Yes thank you guys so much for putting this on. I had soooo much fun. I may not run TORA's other series, but I'd happily do this again (just maybe not as many night shifts lol)
XPR Roadrunner
XPR Roadrunner

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3649
Registration date : 2012-06-21

http://www.formulaforza.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RumbleBee 392 Mon 2 Jul 2012 - 3:46

Well tsa foot beat me to it, but a round of applause is in order for the TORA Staff and the community. What an excellent event, the racing was close and hard. I'm looking forward to the future of endurance racing as it will be getting better and better Smile

Also i'd like all of the driver's in the two Petronas Powersports Corvettes. All you guys did excellent, connection issues really gutted us through out the race but you guys kept getting and racing hard for every mile. Couldn't of asked for a better effort, and we'll get that podium next time Smile

Drinks for each driver Smile

Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers

CHEERS EVERBODY
RumbleBee 392
RumbleBee 392

Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3126
Registration date : 2012-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Mon 2 Jul 2012 - 3:50

Hopefully next year (if it's possible) TEC expands from 4 races, to well as many as possible, it's great fun
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

PC Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Mon 2 Jul 2012 - 4:05

Thanks to all TORA staff again for putting this on, to all the competitors for letting me race on the same track as them, to Hailfire for all his effort in putting the car/paint and team together, and to my teammate AndyT306 for giving me a much better finish position than I could have ever gotten on my own.

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Mon 2 Jul 2012 - 5:11

Anyone kinda 'upset it's over? I am wish it would keep happening, we should make our own enduros as well as doing the real life ones, just want to keep racing as the TEC is all I can make due to time zone differences :/ but they're the best fun even though there isn't a big prize at the end
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

PC Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandown46 Mon 2 Jul 2012 - 6:30

Huge thanks to the TORA staff for setting this up, was overall a very, very well run and enjoyable event. The live streaming ensured I got even less sleep than id hoped for, and touches like the spotters guide make it even better.
I had it printed off next to me at work so i could figure out who I was watching.
Thanks also to the hosts, for keeping things running in the early hours, despite everyone starting to get tired, and a little tetchy )

Standaman94, FTW Mamuskills, and IRT Trash also get a huge thankyou from me, for running fast and consistantly in order to try and make up the hour we lost due to a serious gearbox failure on my first stint (oh what could have been!) but I see a few Teams were hit with mechanical failures too.
We will learn from our mechanical issues, and Team Nurbracer will be back next year to push for a win.
Mandown46
Mandown46

TORA Race Number : 93
Number of posts : 391
Registration date : 2012-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post by STATIC TREMOR Mon 2 Jul 2012 - 6:58

Heartfelt and grateful thanks to all the TORA guys who made this incredible event possible. The preparation, attention to detail, logistics, commentary and on-the-fly responses to unforseen difficulties were all executed flawlessly and everyone involved should feel proud of what they helped to achieve.

This was my first TORA event, and though living in Australia renders all but the TEC unavailable to me, I've become hopelessly addicted to enduros on the strength of this one amazing race. They say you always remember your first time - I certainly won't forget the 2012 TORA 24 Heures Du Mans anytime soon.. thanks for being gentle with me Laughing

Thankyou also to Gecko Racing and its drivers GRT 458Italia, Duke of Bruno and Zeta 0085 as well as all the lobby B drivers who made the experience what it was. This is a great community and I look forward to seeing you guys again as the TEC marches on.
STATIC TREMOR
STATIC TREMOR

TORA Race Number : 303
Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2012-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Mon 2 Jul 2012 - 7:18

STATIC TREMOR wrote:Heartfelt and grateful thanks to all the TORA guys who made this incredible event possible. The preparation, attention to detail, logistics, commentary and on-the-fly responses to unforseen difficulties were all executed flawlessly and everyone involved should feel proud of what they helped to achieve.

This was my first TORA event, and though living in Australia renders all but the TEC unavailable to me, I've become hopelessly addicted to enduros on the strength of this one amazing race. They say you always remember your first time - I certainly won't forget the 2012 TORA 24 Heures Du Mans anytime soon.. thanks for being gentle with me Laughing

Thankyou also to Gecko Racing and its drivers GRT 458Italia, Duke of Bruno and Zeta 0085 as well as all the lobby B drivers who made the experience what it was. This is a great community and I look forward to seeing you guys again as the TEC marches on.
Was a pleasure having you on the team
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

PC Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by XBR McRae Mon 2 Jul 2012 - 9:40

I got laughed at because at 5am 4 hours into my stint I was that tired I was seeing beams over and beside my car and I also swear I seen a seagull quickly fly over my bonnet lol. But on a serious note Tora have done an awesome job , everything was planned and maintained to a really high standard and as this is my first event here Im extremely pleased with the site ! My team did great too ! 4th place ! never thought it! and thats mainly down to James hall who showed up on my team at the last minute and only put down for two stints , I suffered a power cut and without me asking he covered My stint and a few other driving a total excess of over triple the stint he was supposed to do so a big thanks to him aswell . Been great racing with you all and I will definatly be back for the next endurance event! Smile

XBR McRae

TORA Race Number : 92
Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2012-06-10

https://www.facebook.com/lee.j.mcrae

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Mon 2 Jul 2012 - 9:54

ghostly lee1991 wrote:I got laughed at because at 5am 4 hours into my stint I was that tired I was seeing beams over and beside my car and I also swear I seen a seagull quickly fly over my bonnet lol
I was so tired by stint 11, I swear I saw the p1 cars 2 turns ahead and behind me even though they were on the other side of the track. And heading into Indy horsing through the trees I had a mass zone out time 6 laps in a row, everything went silent, couldn't hear the car, chat, tv or even my own thoughts, it was just the road flashing bright and dark as I passed through the trees shadows, it was weird
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

PC Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanz Mon 2 Jul 2012 - 10:13

The 4-6am stint was full of nostalgia. I can't remember what I brought up, but it ended with a lobby-wide chat about our very first racing games and the like, was amazing!
Beanz
Beanz

TORA Race Number : 57
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 2661
Registration date : 2012-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Mon 2 Jul 2012 - 10:18

Yeah, it was funny as tonight a few of us are planning on doing a special podcast specific to how we started virtual racing and what our first games were Razz

Thank you, TORA C7LquN0
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content