TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
V8 Supercars Camino Viejo de Montserrat 1000km **New Important info** EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
V8 Supercars Camino Viejo de Montserrat 1000km **New Important info** EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
V8 Supercars Camino Viejo de Montserrat 1000km **New Important info** EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
V8 Supercars Camino Viejo de Montserrat 1000km **New Important info** EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
V8 Supercars Camino Viejo de Montserrat 1000km **New Important info** EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
V8 Supercars Camino Viejo de Montserrat 1000km **New Important info** EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
V8 Supercars Camino Viejo de Montserrat 1000km **New Important info** EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
V8 Supercars Camino Viejo de Montserrat 1000km **New Important info** EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
V8 Supercars Camino Viejo de Montserrat 1000km **New Important info** EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

V8 Supercars Camino Viejo de Montserrat 1000km **New Important info**

+11
HCR generaltso
F4H FACEPALMER
tsaFooT
Racert46
Duke of Bruno
XPR Roadrunner
TDC Crystal
Ax4x Mikey J
Adder 020
CRA XenoMorph
theboomeranga
15 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

V8 Supercars Camino Viejo de Montserrat 1000km **New Important info** Empty V8 Supercars Camino Viejo de Montserrat 1000km **New Important info**

Post by theboomeranga Mon 6 Aug 2012 - 12:36

V8 Supercars Camino Viejo de Montserrat 1000km
Hosted by Morphader NL and GRT 458Italia in association with TORA

Por primera vez en Tora, los V8 Supercars están recibiendo su carrera especial, hecho mundial en Xbox Live y Forza Motorsport 4, que es el santo grial de Australia los deportes de motor, que es la carrera de V8 más coches de lujo, la que divide a los niños de la los hombres, es la Bathurst 1000! Pero con un toque, va en español. Así es, los V8 Supercars están abandonando su país de origen, el lugar de sus fans aman y están viajando a un lugar mágico en las montañas españolas con excelentes vistas y una pista de carreras exigentes sólo el deseo audaz para atacar, es el V8 Supercars Camino ! Viejo de 1.000 kilometros

(Translation)
For the first time at TORA, the V8 supercars are getting their special race, made global on XBOX live and Forza motorsport 4, it’s the holy grail of Australian motorsport, it is the V8 supercars greatest race, the one that divides the boys from the men, it is the Bathurst 1000!! But with a twist, it’s going Spanish. That’s right, the V8 supercars are leaving their home country, the place their fans love and are travelling to a magical place high in the Spanish mountains with great views and a demanding race track only the bold wish to attack, it is the V8 Supercars Camino Viejo 1000km’s!
This glorious race will be held on Saturday 27th of October and will go from 10 am BST to 6 pm BST (or 5 am to 1 pm EST) (or 7 pm 27/10/12 to 3 am 28/10/12 AEST)

Touring Car racing is a non contact sport. It is understandable that on occasion some contact may occur that is not expected by either party, for example due to lag. Competitors with 'lag' issues will not be penalized, but may be asked to improve their connection, if the issue is persistently hindering other's experiences please see connection section.

We expect competitors who partake in its championships and meetings to behave in an appropriate and respectable manner. Insulting comments or behaviour towards fellow competitors and race stewards is unacceptable and will be dealt with severely.

Competitors who are being followed on a straight part of a track by another car may move their position on the track ONCE to defend, any further sufficient movement outside of cornering will be deemed as weaving and you may be reported to the race director or head steward after the race.

If a competitor leaves the track at any time, it is advised that extra caution is taken not to impede other drivers when rejoining, please check and look before rejoining the track. Common courtesy stipulates that a driver in a dangerous position on the circuit should alert oncoming drivers of their position to avoid additional incidents, (essentially the yellow flag rules.)

Track Limits
The track limits are determined by the solid white lines either side of the track. At all times, two wheels must remain on this part of the circuit, unless of an occurrence where it is near to impossible to keep two wheels on the track, like avoiding a collision. During a race meeting, each time the track limits are not adhered to, a warning will be given. Each driver are allowed five warnings of all four wheels leaving the track via the inside of a corner, at any part of the circuit. If a sixth and subsequent "corner cutting" occurrences happen within a race meeting, then that driver will lose a position for each corner cut. Again, if a corner is cut to avoid a collision, this would not be given a warning.

The track limits must be adhered to in the event of gaining an advantage whilst having an on-track battle. If a driver overtakes a driver by getting all four wheels off the track, the driver must give that position back before they may continue the race. If the driver which was overtaken backs off heavily either through incident or "mechanical" failure, then the position will not need to be given back.

Race Rules
Safety Car Rules

There will be no ‘safety car’ vehicle utilised in this race. this is because of the endurance factor of the race, meaning you must keep it clean in order to perform at your best.

Settings
- Collisions during all races will be on, and set with Limited Damage. TCS, Driving Line and Normal/Simulation Steering are the only allowed driving aids that may be used. ABS, STM, Auto-brake and Auto-gears are prohibited. Manual gears must be used but it is up to the competitor if they wish to use the clutch or not.
- The race will be set to a pre-determined amount of laps which the lobby host will make aware to the competitors in the lobby.

Race Etiquette
-Touring Car racing is defined as non-contact but a certain level of door rubbing and panel bashing is inevitable. With Limited damage on please take care when racing with each other so you do not ruin other people's races as well as your own. If you are found to be causing incidents that were avoidable then action will be taken by the stewards.

There will be no exclusion from the race unless there is a purposeful collision with another driver (slamming into their B-pillar at a hair pin)

Qualifying

there has been a change to qualifying. due to timezone issues and i am back at school, it is difficult for Morphader and I to hold qualifying session during the week. this will be changed to the friday night before the event. i will be hosting an event at these times:
8 pm BST Friday 26th October
8 pm EST Friday 26th October

Note: i may not be able to host the US time because i am donating blood around 9 am my time, which i think is when the qualifying session is, I will be checking this, but if I cannot make it, either someone who is in that timezone either racing or not, or someone else who can host, they will be hosting it, i will post when i have full conformation

Race start
After qualifying is done the live timing will be updated and that will be the lobby you start in. At the start of the race, you will do one parade lap behind the safety car at normal safety car speed (60mph/100kmph) and once the safety car reaches the last chicane before the start/finish line, it will slow to 40 mph and everyone will join 2x2 in there grid order. During this process please leave plenty of space between the rows because this is setting the grid for the race start. As you roll towards the line, the safety car will slow further to 20 mph and everyone will line up in the grid slots at the start line as it will be a stationary start like all V8 races. The safety car will be parked at the start line and when the last place driver is in his grid box, the safety car will driver off the side of the road and say ‘On your mark ...(After a predetermined period of time)... GO! And they will start racing. Only the safety car will determine the time so no one can jump the line. Jumped starts may result in either a time penalty at the end or a driver through/stop and go, depending on how much of an advantage the driver gets.

IMPORTANT!!!!!
Please make sure you are online 15 MINUTES BEFORE you are scheduled to enter a lobby for either a race stint or qualifying session. If you cannot enter a lobby due to connection issues, we will attempt THREE TIMES to get you in so please be patient and don’t send the lobby hosts messages asking for an invite. If you cannot enter straight away, make sure your second driver is online and message the lobby host saying that if you cannot enter the third time that your other driver (along with XBL GT) will be filling in for you. So it advised you are both online as often as possible during eat starts.

THE CARS
During this race, there will be 2 cars available.
Ford Falcon FPV V8 supercar and Holden HSV Commodore V8 supercar
Both cars must have:
Race transmission
Race driveline
Race brakes
3rd party wheels
Final PI- 717
there are tune set ups allowed for this as long as it fits those guidelines.

Race Stints
Unlike previous endurances races this year, there will be 4 stints consisting of 1 hour and 40 minutes (with a 1 second roll of delay in every stint after stin 1) with the last race having 2 hours to make the 1000 km. once the racing is underway, you will have 1 hr and 40 minutes to compile as many miles as you can. ocnce the timer reaches 20 minutes left, you will need to stop where you are and when asked, announce your distance. this will be converted ot kilometres so its easier to track after each stint.

Scoring
The scoring for this event will be on a time based curriculum but using a distance metre (like le mans, sebring and britcar) to determine stint distances of drivers/teams.

The scoring overall works like this:
There will be 4 stints, done over 1 hr and 40 minutes (will be set to change after i conclude testing on the weekend), the lobbies will be set to 2 hrs and you will stop with 1 hr 40 minutes to go so lobby host can get distances. this race will be done over time still with the first 3 stints running for 1 hr 40 as said and the last stint will run for 2 hrs (with 15 minutes at the end to gather distances and time).Tthe differences between stints 1-3 and 4 is that stint 4 will be run for drivers to finish their 1000km, once a driver hits the remaining kms they have to get (which will be read out at the beginning of the stint), they must let the lobby host know and take down the time that they reached this distance (after they crossed the finish line of said lap). so for example, each team will do 1 hr 40 minutes of driving for the 1st 3 stints, the only differences will be the distances (eg 250km team a, 236 km team b, 254km team c etc). so at the end of the first 3 stints, it would look like this: Team A distance: 762km time: 5 hours
(note: it will have all different stint distances for each individual driver)
so this means, that for Team A to reach 1000km, they need to drive 216km during stint 4.
once the driver for team A in that stint reaches 238 km (148 miles), they will finish the lap they are on, take the time down from when they crossed the finish line (eg 1 hr 12 minutes to go which equals 1 hour 8 minutes driving) and let everyone know they are done and pull off to the corner at the very back of camino before the pit entrance (to the right after exiting 'the chase' coming down from the test track). this will ensure everyone can finish the set distance, without running into other cars.
at the end of the 2 hours, all the distances and times will be collected and put with the rest of them. after stint 4, the times will not be the same for every team because some drivers will finish before others in the last stint, resulting in quicker times. once all the times are added together, the team with the lowest time wins, second lowest gets second etc etc.

Assists: allowed
TCS
Driving line (full, braking only or off)
Manual or manual w clutch gears
Normal or simulation steering.
Not allowed:
ABS
ESC
assisted steering or braking
Automatic gear box

Teams
For this event, you DO NOT have to drive as a team; you can drive all 4 stints as just 1 man team as the event is not a very long race. HOWEVER, it is still strongly advised that you do have a team for this event. If a team does form, there is a maximum of 2 drivers per team in 1 car. You can however have 3 teams of 2 under the same team banner (eg F4H at Le Mans had the P1 team, GT team in the ford and a GT team in the corvette). Each team car must have the same paint job with both drivers’ names under the rear side windows. 

Mandatory logos
There will be mandatory logos for this race:
TORA logo
Camino Viejo 1000 logo
V8 supercars championship logo
Mandatory number box (all visible in safety car shots)
(Camino Viejo and V8 supercars logos are only small and behind rear wheels on the cars)
These will be sent out after registration opens

To make it easier, we will be making a new XBL GT for this event much like TORA’s TEC gamer tag to make lobby host’s life easier when finding people for a stint, will have more information on the name at a later date.

Once the race is finished, we will be getting the top 3 cars and lining them up (3rd, 1st then 2nd) as a podium looking out over the mountains at the sweeping corner and that will be the podium shot (just for something different)

Note: in the event of a lag out, the driver will get a 75% race distance towards their final distance and time, time being the most important. because this event will be running on a time based not distance based scoring system, the players who lag out will also get 12.5% time to their final time (or half a stint). this way, people can still be in the running if the inccident of lag outs occur

there is now a prize for this event
the prize, thanks to BrokenVegetable, is a total of 30 million. this comprises of 12 million going ot first, 10 million to second and 8 million going to third, which will then be split in half for the two drivers.

Last edited by GRT 458Italia on Thu 25 Oct 2012 - 10:05; edited 10 times in total
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

TORA Race Number : 31
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7110
Registration date : 2011-12-02

https://www.facebook.com/NSR.Esports1

Back to top Go down

V8 Supercars Camino Viejo de Montserrat 1000km **New Important info** Empty Re: V8 Supercars Camino Viejo de Montserrat 1000km **New Important info**

Post by theboomeranga Mon 6 Aug 2012 - 12:38

Registration will be open soon
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

PC Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

V8 Supercars Camino Viejo de Montserrat 1000km **New Important info** Empty Re: V8 Supercars Camino Viejo de Montserrat 1000km **New Important info**

Post by CRA XenoMorph Mon 6 Aug 2012 - 13:02

cheers
CRA XenoMorph
CRA XenoMorph

TORA Race Number : 37
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2012-05-03

http://www.clubcraracing.fullforums.net

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Mon 6 Aug 2012 - 23:05

here is the safety car that will be used for this event, same car as the real thing: Nissan GT-R SpecV 2012
V8 Supercars Camino Viejo de Montserrat 1000km **New Important info** Safety2
V8 Supercars Camino Viejo de Montserrat 1000km **New Important info** Safety1
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

PC Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Adder 020 Tue 7 Aug 2012 - 5:47

I like the idea but I am dutch so.....

I have some comment:

The race stints are going to be laps?
The first finisher can wait a very long time if the last is all out red.....

The rolling start is giving in the GT cup some kind of problems in a line up of 2.
Maybe you should consider a line of 1?

Adder 020

TORA Race Number : 16
Number of posts : 733
Registration date : 2012-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Tue 7 Aug 2012 - 5:57

On almost any other track, I would be in. On Camino, I'm just not sold. Sorry mate, but I think that the track of choice shouldn't even be in the game, same as Bernese Alps, just a bit over the top for a realistic sim.

Worst part for me is that V8 Supercars are my favorite race cars in real life as well as in the game, which makes skipping this a hard choice.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Tue 7 Aug 2012 - 6:24

adder20 wrote:
I like the idea but I am dutch so.....

I have some comment:

The race stints are going to be laps?
The first finisher can wait a very long time if the last is all out red.....

The rolling start is giving in the GT cup some kind of problems in a line up of 2.
Maybe you should consider a line of 1?
Ok I'll change that, that'd b better for the line up going in single file then pulling of into individual grid boxes
We may have say a 5 minute finishing time after the first place driver crosses the line so they aren't waiting for ages for the back to finish (ie myself)

And Mikey J, I'll talk to Morph about that because I felt a little the same as well
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

PC Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Tue 7 Aug 2012 - 6:29

Flyin Mikey J wrote:On almost any other track, I would be in. On Camino, I'm just not sold. Sorry mate, but I think that the track of choice shouldn't even be in the game, same as Bernese Alps, just a bit over the top for a realistic sim.

Worst part for me is that V8 Supercars are my favorite race cars in real life as well as in the game, which makes skipping this a hard choice.
I'll talk to Morphy about track choice as its starting to grow on me too, but for realism, it's sketchy, cos I've done a lap day in the V8's a lil while ago, and the track doesn't feel right. But I'll talk to him about it and talk about this, because we are hoping for maximum interest and participation, maybe we'll put a poll up, there's 3 tracks I have in mind
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

PC Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Adder 020 Tue 7 Aug 2012 - 12:04

Flyin Mikey J wrote:On almost any other track, I would be in. On Camino, I'm just not sold. Sorry mate, but I think that the track of choice shouldn't even be in the game, same as Bernese Alps, just a bit over the top for a realistic sim.

I think they should stick at camino (eventhough it is not 1 of my favourite tracks)but if you look at the lay out of bathurst, it looks a littlebit like road atlanta.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Panorama_Circuit

Adder 020

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Wed 8 Aug 2012 - 11:51

adder20 wrote:

I think they should stick at camino (eventhough it is not 1 of my favourite tracks)but if you look at the lay out of bathurst, it looks a littlebit like road atlanta.....

Holy sh*t it does!!!!! A bit and the V8s r great there, but there isn't enough elivstion changes
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

PC Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by TDC Crystal Wed 8 Aug 2012 - 15:40

it realy looks alot the same as Mount P. it is an fantastic plan, and will be proud to race in it.
TDC Crystal
TDC Crystal

TORA Race Number : 717
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2012-06-30

http://MonsterAddictMe.Tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adder 020 Thu 9 Aug 2012 - 18:19

adder20 wrote:

I am quoting myself because I saw just on youtube a lap of jenson button on bathurst.....
tsa foot told me already it doesn't look like atlanta at all if you look at youtube for bathurst.
After seeing this, I must say that bathurst looks like...............CAMINO!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YDDFgtXRBU&feature=relmfu

Adder 020

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Thu 9 Aug 2012 - 18:37

If not for the stupid 20 MPH uphill switchbacks.

Who is the brilliant genius at T10 that thought that rally-style switchbacks belong on a non-rally racecourse? That and they use sticky grass on the run offs at many real world tracks, yet there are a couple runoff areas of Camino in high speed corners that don't slow you down one bit, and instead have walls shaped to aim your wreck right back into the racing line. Another stroke of brilliance. And another reason I skip this place entirely.

That being said, its your race, have fun with it.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by CRA XenoMorph Tue 11 Sep 2012 - 14:02

After the 24hrs of Silverstone we will open the registration cheers
CRA XenoMorph
CRA XenoMorph

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Tue 11 Sep 2012 - 17:18

One last word from me:

Laguna Seca has a corkscrew... Bathurst has a corkscrew... Camino does not. Laughing
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by CRA XenoMorph Tue 18 Sep 2012 - 14:09

There is a new and final date for this race..

It will be held on Saturday 27th of October instead of Saturday 13th of October

CRA XenoMorph
CRA XenoMorph

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by XPR Roadrunner Tue 18 Sep 2012 - 15:12

Flyin Mikey J wrote:One last word from me:

Laguna Seca has a corkscrew... Bathurst has a corkscrew... Camino does not. Laughing

The final chicane before the front straight doesn't count?
XPR Roadrunner
XPR Roadrunner

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3649
Registration date : 2012-06-21

http://www.formulaforza.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by XPR Roadrunner Tue 18 Sep 2012 - 19:22

If I can find another driver, I'd be in
XPR Roadrunner
XPR Roadrunner

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Tue 18 Sep 2012 - 22:14

Yea mopar Very Happy
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

PC Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by XPR Roadrunner Wed 19 Sep 2012 - 0:33

mopar4t4 wrote:If I can find another driver, I'd be in

Found him. Thanks Duke of Bruno
XPR Roadrunner
XPR Roadrunner

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Wed 19 Sep 2012 - 1:38

jeez that's a good team!!!! this should be a good race, just hope it runs well and is clean which it will be and no one crashes/lags out
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

PC Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by XPR Roadrunner Wed 19 Sep 2012 - 1:45

agreed. it will be very fun!
XPR Roadrunner
XPR Roadrunner

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke of Bruno Wed 19 Sep 2012 - 15:13

CRA Morphader wrote:There is a new and final date for this race..

It will be held on Saturday 27th of October instead of Saturday 13th of October

Sad
I don't know if I can make that date.
Duke of Bruno
Duke of Bruno

TORA Race Number : 79
Number of posts : 1964
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Adder 020 Thu 20 Sep 2012 - 7:58

lap time: 2.48.125

Still a lot of work to do.....

Adder 020

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Thu 20 Sep 2012 - 8:24

haven't tested in ages :s need to do some more on my paint so it doesn't look like a 2YO did it, and send the paint to my team mate and start tuning, at least holidays are upon me
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

PC Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next