TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TORA VLN Post Race Feedback (Cars and Builds) EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORA VLN Post Race Feedback (Cars and Builds) EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TORA VLN Post Race Feedback (Cars and Builds) EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA VLN Post Race Feedback (Cars and Builds) EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA VLN Post Race Feedback (Cars and Builds) EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA VLN Post Race Feedback (Cars and Builds) EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA VLN Post Race Feedback (Cars and Builds) EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA VLN Post Race Feedback (Cars and Builds) EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA VLN Post Race Feedback (Cars and Builds) EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA VLN Post Race Feedback (Cars and Builds)

+21
CreamyTastey
Richy59
ThisenMax
F4H Bullet
S2M Cappie
Davey UK
XXX Skyrocket
ShrinkingSteven
Koenigsegg R
BalmierPie671
F4H Carrera
Mandown46
Standaman94
TMG Lapierre 7x
F4H Hakkinen
Racing Dk
LMR DarthMario
F4H bandicoot
TMG Sarrazin 8x
Diablo 29x
CQR Rogue
25 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

TORA VLN Post Race Feedback (Cars and Builds) Empty TORA VLN Post Race Feedback (Cars and Builds)

Post by CQR Rogue Fri 16 Nov 2012 - 23:21

Hey all,

Please post - TORA VLN Post Race Feedback (Cars and Builds) to be used for N8 technical rules and regulations.

TORA VLN Post Race Feedback (Cars and Builds) 2666031

Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

TORA VLN Post Race Feedback (Cars and Builds) Empty Re: TORA VLN Post Race Feedback (Cars and Builds)

Post by CQR Rogue Sat 17 Nov 2012 - 19:31

open please sensible suggestions and comments please for changes to cars before n8 list

CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

TORA VLN Post Race Feedback (Cars and Builds) Empty Re: TORA VLN Post Race Feedback (Cars and Builds)

Post by Diablo 29x Sat 17 Nov 2012 - 20:17

I think that the AWD cars are not quick enough compared to the RWD in SP2. Also I think the SP2 cars are too quick compared to the SP1. So, here is my suggestion:

SP1 + SP3 only, the SP3 with a 15% power handicap, no SP2 class. It's really hard to balance those cars out (the BMW's and the Vantage, which imo is still a bit too quick). This way, there are significant differences in speed between the 2 classes.

Sole Owner of the Meme Cannon™️

TORA VLN Post Race Feedback (Cars and Builds) Rib110
TORA VLN Post Race Feedback (Cars and Builds) Acco11
2021 TEC 24 Rennen in der Grunen Holle - SP-T Class Champion (Ryzeing Light Racing)
2021 WeePrix NA: Champion
2022 TEC 24 Heures du Mulsanne - Overall/P1 Class Champion (ESV Floppa)
2023 Porsche SuperCup NA: 3rd Overall
2023 Ferrari Challenge NA: 1st Overall

Diablo 29x

TORA Race Number : 29
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3628
Registration date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Sat 17 Nov 2012 - 20:18

cheers dude Smile

CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Sarrazin 8x Sat 17 Nov 2012 - 20:21

I never truly understood the SP1 Cup class, is it supposed to be a class that can keep up with SP1 or is the next class down?

Either way I think SP1 Cup should be slowed down or taken out. If SP1 Cup is the next class in line, then I shouldn't be able to catch AND overtake an SP1 car in a straight line...

TMG Sarrazin 8x

TORA Race Number : 70
Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2012-04-05

https://twitter.com/Neallyy8x

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H bandicoot Sat 17 Nov 2012 - 20:30

Agree about SP1 Cup, if there's going to be a 'spec' class, I think something more akin to a Clio or Megane would be a better choice.

As it stands, either remove SP3, or remove SP2, having both seems a little pointless.

Also, There was very little overtaking of slower classes.
This means that we could structure the lobbies so that there is more of a particular class in each lobby, no need to have SP1 and Sp2 in the same lobby, because they never see each other. Much better to have more Sp1 cars and have a better race for all classes invovled.
F4H bandicoot
F4H bandicoot

TORA Race Number : 58
Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2012-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR DarthMario Sat 17 Nov 2012 - 20:39

i would possibly like to ask the AWD's to allow for more power. although it was fun racing with the SP2 BMW of F4H Insanity, it was more of a Power vs Handling match throughout the first stint. i had my team's Subaru built to the power regs (well, 1hp under the limit) and i was getting walked on by the BMW on the longer straights

TORA VLN Post Race Feedback (Cars and Builds) 4CehZCuTORA VLN Post Race Feedback (Cars and Builds) 1Im0ehJTORA VLN Post Race Feedback (Cars and Builds) AZBlrjnTORA VLN Post Race Feedback (Cars and Builds) SSaUnAU
TORA VLN Post Race Feedback (Cars and Builds) KlHMZuJTORA VLN Post Race Feedback (Cars and Builds) 1vuHXh0TORA VLN Post Race Feedback (Cars and Builds) FoUH4rWTORA VLN Post Race Feedback (Cars and Builds) N9zGJcN
LMR DarthMario
LMR DarthMario

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 8184
Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Racing Dk Sat 17 Nov 2012 - 20:44

F4H Diablo wrote:I think that the AWD cars are not quick enough compared to the RWD in SP2. Also I think the SP2 cars are too quick compared to the SP1. So, here is my suggestion:

SP1 + SP3 only, the SP3 with a 15% power handicap, no SP2 class. It's really hard to balance those cars out (the BMW's and the Vantage, which imo is still a bit too quick). This way, there are significant differences in speed between the 2 classes.

I agree whit Diablo 100%
Racing Dk
Racing Dk

TORA Race Number : 359
Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Hakkinen Sat 17 Nov 2012 - 20:57

Agree with Diablo.

I just finished my stint and I was pushing it hard. Only caught 3 SP2 cars. The difference is not large enough. This backs Diablo's concerns
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

TORA Race Number : 379
Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Sat 17 Nov 2012 - 21:00

cheers all me & Richy have taken full note of feedback Smile

CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Lapierre 7x Sat 17 Nov 2012 - 21:05

I agree with Diablo as well. And I also think that SP1 Cup shouldn't be a class I think maybe make the Cup car a SP1.
TMG Lapierre 7x
TMG Lapierre 7x

TORA Race Number : 212
Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2012-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Hakkinen Sat 17 Nov 2012 - 21:07

Maybe a spec prototype? To give 3 classes. LMPc for example with SP1 and SP3.

Anyway just a suggestion.
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Sat 17 Nov 2012 - 21:22

I've actually enjoyed this little race. It opens up an opportunity for improvement.

Firstly, since the Ring is so huge, I agree that there should only be SP1 and SP3. Passing slower / being passed by faster traffic really gives you the feeling of being at the Ring, so this has to be maximised. Therefore, limit the entrance numbers to make eight SP1 and eight SP3 cars in each lobby (or for the sake of connection issues, 6+6).

Although I like the idea of the qualifying procedure, I'm not sure how well it works. However I don't feel like I can speak for myself here as I am one of the cars starting from the pits... silent

I'd also personally like to see a greater selection of cars, in particular the new Viper (it does look nice Razz )

And one last thing... Assuming staff will be at hand for the N8, I'm hoping there will be greater clarification of the rules; one in particular I didn't catch on was "There will be a gap between the 3 starting groups (split by class) split by 2 minuets 30 seconds between each starting group."
Standaman94
Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7383
Registration date : 2010-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandown46 Sat 17 Nov 2012 - 22:11

Ditch SP1 Cup, scrap SP2, maybe have a spec car (Race Seat Leon?) and run just SP1 and SP3.

I liked the qualifying, gave a good idea of how fast the whole team is, not just one superstar driver.

Mandown46
Mandown46

TORA Race Number : 93
Number of posts : 391
Registration date : 2012-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Carrera Sat 17 Nov 2012 - 22:27

Leave my little Porsche cup car alone! Razz
F4H Carrera
F4H Carrera

TORA Race Number : 60
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 844
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandown46 Sat 17 Nov 2012 - 22:28

F4H Carrera wrote:Leave my little Porsche cup car alone! Razz
Haha! Its nothing personal, they turned out to be just as fast as the straight SP1!
Mandown46
Mandown46

TORA Race Number : 93
Number of posts : 391
Registration date : 2012-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post by BalmierPie671 Sat 17 Nov 2012 - 22:30

Ha ha! Yes, keep the Porsche GT3 Cup but implement it into the SP1 class if at all possible.
BalmierPie671
BalmierPie671

TORA Race Number : 65
Xbox 360 Xbox 360

Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2012-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H bandicoot Sat 17 Nov 2012 - 22:30

Concerning qualifying: I feel although the system works, it is not all that appropriate. People have other commitments, real life and being forced to start from the pits because qualifying times did not suit you, is unfair.
If teams are also set up well, it should not change the qualifying order all that much.
Quali is also not as important in these longer races.
I think sticking with the quali used at the previous events would be better, fairer and more useful.

Just my opinion

F4H bandicoot
F4H bandicoot

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Carrera Sat 17 Nov 2012 - 22:32

haha I know Razz Well, a few secs slower overall than some, but had a few mph over some of the other sp1 cars, especially your Ford!
F4H Carrera
F4H Carrera

TORA Race Number : 60
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 844
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenigsegg R Sat 17 Nov 2012 - 22:36

Leave SP1 Cup out (Sorry Carrera Wink ). IF SP2 stays, then give them more power handicap and balance the AWD and RWD cars. If SP2 doesn't stay, then replace it with a cup car. Seat Leon Supercopa or Lotus 2-Eleven for example. SP3 can stay, maybe with more power handicap, so SP1 cars need to pass them more often.

TORA VLN Post Race Feedback (Cars and Builds) HiRFIVRTORA VLN Post Race Feedback (Cars and Builds) F0Ubl2sTORA VLN Post Race Feedback (Cars and Builds) Cs7jRnKTORA VLN Post Race Feedback (Cars and Builds) R2kIRBg
Koenigsegg R
Koenigsegg R

TORA Race Number : 117
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 2674
Registration date : 2011-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by ShrinkingSteven Sat 17 Nov 2012 - 22:38

F4H Carrera wrote:Leave my little Porsche cup car alone! Razz

Well said Ash. Razz

Even though I didnt race I would say SP1(and cup) and SP3
And also thje ring is far too big for 16 people in a lobby....it felt a little lonley on silverstone for Britcar. But if this was raced on Nurb GP/short it would be really fun.
ShrinkingSteven
ShrinkingSteven

TORA Race Number : 8
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2012-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by BalmierPie671 Sat 17 Nov 2012 - 22:39

But, will the SP3 cars be as fun to drive then?
BalmierPie671
BalmierPie671

TORA Race Number : 65
Xbox 360 Xbox 360

Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2012-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by XXX Skyrocket Sat 17 Nov 2012 - 23:29

these damn porsches are way too fast,kick em or giv em 20%power
XXX Skyrocket
XXX Skyrocket

TORA Race Number : 567
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H bandicoot Sat 17 Nov 2012 - 23:33

Friedrich II wrote:these damn porsches are way too fast,kick em or giv em 20%power

I concur. I could take like 400-500 feet out of you on the straights, and stay ahead in the corners too.
F4H bandicoot
F4H bandicoot

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Hakkinen Sat 17 Nov 2012 - 23:59

I'm a fan of one class being Spec
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next