TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TORA VLN Post Race Feedback (Cars and Builds) - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORA VLN Post Race Feedback (Cars and Builds) - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TORA VLN Post Race Feedback (Cars and Builds) - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA VLN Post Race Feedback (Cars and Builds) - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA VLN Post Race Feedback (Cars and Builds) - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA VLN Post Race Feedback (Cars and Builds) - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA VLN Post Race Feedback (Cars and Builds) - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA VLN Post Race Feedback (Cars and Builds) - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA VLN Post Race Feedback (Cars and Builds) - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA VLN Post Race Feedback (Cars and Builds)

+21
CreamyTastey
Richy59
ThisenMax
F4H Bullet
S2M Cappie
Davey UK
XXX Skyrocket
ShrinkingSteven
Koenigsegg R
BalmierPie671
F4H Carrera
Mandown46
Standaman94
TMG Lapierre 7x
F4H Hakkinen
Racing Dk
LMR DarthMario
F4H bandicoot
TMG Sarrazin 8x
Diablo 29x
CQR Rogue
25 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

TORA VLN Post Race Feedback (Cars and Builds) - Page 2 Empty Re: TORA VLN Post Race Feedback (Cars and Builds)

Post by TMG Sarrazin 8x Sun 18 Nov 2012 - 0:55

Seat Leon Supercopa cars rather than the Cup cars? Wouldn't be able to trounce SP1 cars that way...

TMG Sarrazin 8x

TORA Race Number : 70
Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2012-04-05

https://twitter.com/Neallyy8x

Back to top Go down

TORA VLN Post Race Feedback (Cars and Builds) - Page 2 Empty Re: TORA VLN Post Race Feedback (Cars and Builds)

Post by Davey UK Sun 18 Nov 2012 - 0:59

Volvo was a beautiful car to drive, couldn't help but feel that I was pushing as hard as I could but still losing distance
Davey UK
Davey UK

TORA Race Number : 298
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2012-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Lapierre 7x Sun 18 Nov 2012 - 1:07

F4H Carrera wrote:Leave my little Porsche cup car alone! Razz

Oh Ash. You cheated. there i said it. >.<
TMG Lapierre 7x
TMG Lapierre 7x

TORA Race Number : 212
Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2012-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by S2M Cappie Sun 18 Nov 2012 - 1:35

I think you should include the Jag GT3 #33 car to compete against the porsche cup car.
also have more variety of classes in the lobbies. These lobbies hold 16 why not use them.???
S2M Cappie
S2M Cappie

TORA Race Number : 678
Xbox One Playstation 3

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2012-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Sarrazin 8x Sun 18 Nov 2012 - 1:40

If you add more classes and make them appear in each lobby, you remove the group/pack racing that many people lacked today.

Although in saying that. This track separates the men from the boys. The SP1 Cup cars got mauled race wise by Supra/Bullet. Yet the SP1 Cup cars seemed to have every other SP1 cars number. Group racing wouldn't really work :/

Last edited by xC Neallyy x on Sun 18 Nov 2012 - 1:42; edited 1 time in total

TMG Sarrazin 8x

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Bullet Sun 18 Nov 2012 - 1:41

Hmm where to start.

I'd like to say, the idea of both drivers qualifying time counting towards your starting position was a cool new idea. I honestly can't comment on how cars could be balanced in Sp1 with so little competition it was hard to guage the cars since I pretty much hotlapped by myself. From the testing me and Chris did, the BMW is not the fastest car, but its not that far off some of the other cars we tested, but without being able to test them in race pace against other competitors its hard to see where the strengths and weaknesses lie.

I know most people complained about not passing people, but I passed more then half the sp2 field so it is possible.

Not much more to say, except BG and CQR. Please field some teams for the 8 hour enduro. Cheers
F4H Bullet
F4H Bullet

TORA Race Number : 15
Number of posts : 871
Registration date : 2011-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Diablo 29x Sun 18 Nov 2012 - 1:48

Also, CQR and BG: Get in here and race too Very Happy

Diablo 29x

TORA Race Number : 29
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3628
Registration date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Sun 18 Nov 2012 - 8:07

im sure they will Wink
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ThisenMax Sun 18 Nov 2012 - 10:58

I would have a VLN test race more insteed the 8hour race the 8dec

SP1 as they are
SP1 cup -20% power
SP2 whit -20% power and the cars more adjusted pi so they are more equal
SP3 -35% or -30% power

Roll off start delay
SP1 & SP1cup 2min
SP2 & SP3 5 min

That would give more trafic on track just a bit more early in the race

ThisenMax

TORA Race Number : 559
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2012-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Carrera Sun 18 Nov 2012 - 11:19

xC Neallyy x wrote:If you add more classes and make them appear in each lobby, you remove the group/pack racing that many people lacked today.

Although in saying that. This track separates the men from the boys. The SP1 Cup cars got mauled race wise by Supra/Bullet. Yet the SP1 Cup cars seemed to have every other SP1 cars number. Group racing wouldn't really work :/

The cup cars were never meant to keep up with the sp1 cars, that's why they became stock with a power handicap as at the start when I first posted times they were as fast as the normal sp1 (because they had full tyre widths etc ) which Ian didn't want.
F4H Carrera
F4H Carrera

TORA Race Number : 60
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 844
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Sun 18 Nov 2012 - 11:28

If we were to include SP1 Cup cars into SP1 so that they were capable of actually racing the other SP1 cars, what upgrades do you think they would require?
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H bandicoot Sun 18 Nov 2012 - 11:30

Some tire width.
F4H bandicoot
F4H bandicoot

TORA Race Number : 58
Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2012-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Carrera Sun 18 Nov 2012 - 11:32

agreed, power handicap is probably fine as it is
F4H Carrera
F4H Carrera

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Sun 18 Nov 2012 - 11:33

So what were they like? Same sort of power output on the straights but unable to keep up in the corners?

How about 1 extra tyre width on the fronts and rears, and keep it at 15%?
Richy59
Richy59

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by CreamyTastey Sun 18 Nov 2012 - 11:36

McLaren doesn't need a big power restriction 10% yh but not 15%
CreamyTastey
CreamyTastey

TORA Race Number : 8
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1276
Registration date : 2012-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Sun 18 Nov 2012 - 11:40

I can only really go with 4 groups, and that would be cars with 0% handicap, 15% handicap and SP3 FWD and RWD cars.
Richy59
Richy59

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by MGR Taeatua Sun 18 Nov 2012 - 11:44

The Volvo seemed to be on par in qualification and testing with the other AWD's, the RWD's where significantly faster though. I'm surprised the Subaru's could keep up with one of the RWD. Those 3 blue dots in front of me seemed to have a blast of a race. Smile

I'm liking the SP1 - SP3 idea. I'd rather not have a power reduction of 35% or more on SP3 though, 100 miles an hour on the straight is downright boring.

Perhaps limit the numbers of available SP1 cars compared to SP3 and do lobbies with a 25 - 75 split over the different classes. If you've got the faster teams in SP1 they should have a nice battle amongst themselves while lapping the slower cars, who, on their turn have a bigger field of direct competitors. I know some would prefer SP1, but I for one wouldn't trust myself in an SP1 overtaking slower cars on the Nordschleife, hence why I signed up in SP2 although I initially wanted to have a go in the Z4 Smile

MGR Taeatua

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2012-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Carrera Sun 18 Nov 2012 - 11:50

Richy59 wrote:So what were they like? Same sort of power output on the straights but unable to keep up in the corners?

How about 1 extra tyre width on the fronts and rears, and keep it at 15%?

Gonna need a few more than 1 I think, more like near max considering I was 5-6 seconds down on them in qualifying
F4H Carrera
F4H Carrera

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR DarthMario Sun 18 Nov 2012 - 12:12

MGR Taeatua wrote:The Volvo seemed to be on par in qualification and testing with the other AWD's, the RWD's where significantly faster though. I'm surprised the Subaru's could keep up with one of the RWD. Those 3 blue dots in front of me seemed to have a blast of a race. Smile

i think i've always had a knack for the Subies around the Nordschiefe. (noticed early on in FM2 i had the first Subaru in the top 50/100 before the glitched cars started showing their ugly heads. same subaru reached 13th at Sebring too) But your Volvo definitely had legs on the straights. after i took my first pit stop, i noticed on the back straight your Volvo was hurriedly walking on my Subaru (the straight that bends left and right before the Carrousel).
LMR DarthMario
LMR DarthMario

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 8184
Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Sarrazin 8x Sun 18 Nov 2012 - 12:31

Instead of adding the SP1 Cup cars to SP1, why not swap out the GT3 Cup cars and allow people the choice of the #17 Falken Tyres/Tires and #45 Flying Lizard Motorsports cars?

TMG Sarrazin 8x

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Sun 18 Nov 2012 - 12:33

That choice was there and will always be there.
Richy59
Richy59

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Mon 19 Nov 2012 - 0:14

I find that fast cars spread out too much and too soon... and that splitting the lobbies with too many classes ends up with just not enough cars in each class in each lobby... 13 miles is far too big to see much overlapping too.

If I were to run in the 8 hours, it would be if it was just one single class, the equivalent of TCC or even JR TCC as those cars would probably see close battles for the entire 8 hours , As that is not going to happen, I am skipping the N8, as I found the last 1.5 hours of my 1.75 hour stint incredibly boring.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanz Mon 19 Nov 2012 - 19:47

To be honest i agree with Mikey, with the track being so long, for what it's worth you might as well run lobbies full of each class rather than mixing the classes. Cars will rarely be lapped, even the slowest ones...
Beanz
Beanz

TORA Race Number : 57
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 2661
Registration date : 2012-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Mon 19 Nov 2012 - 20:00

The way I see it the N24 uses a combo of Nordschlieffe and Nurb GP... we're using the wrong half of that combo as Nurb GP is a better fit for 16 cars while Nordschlieffe is perfect for 200 cars.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Mon 19 Nov 2012 - 20:02

you dont have to race do you?
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next